Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Yeah, Tails sucks hardcore. There's a few obstacles in Sky Road that only he can pass without taking damage, but that's it. His vulnerability during flight is what makes him so worthless. Knuckles is better, but not by a lot. Just stick with Sonic and other speed characters.

So far, I've only unlocked Sonic and Tails as characters. But I have a question. Does anyone enjoy playing as Tails or feel like he's actually beneficial? I dunno, I much prefer Sonic. The main thing about Tails is that he can fly, but considering Sonic can triple jump in this game, it really doesn't make flying matter too much. Plus, when Sonic jumps, he's always curled in a ball and can attack. When Tails flies though, he's vulnerable to getting hit. It makes fighting enemies and Eggman harder...

Tails is tricky but I am able to do pretty decent with him. I hate how the mini Dr. Eggman boss fight and if you forget that jumping twice with Tails will result in getting hurt. My highest score was made with using Tails. I will say that when using Tails it is much easier to get hurt.

Come on. There's like two methods to get this game and this is a soft launch anyways. They may never release it world wide for all we know, so if you really want it, you can get it. You're not missing out on anything really great anyways. It's fun yeah but as people have said it gets dumb later on. Just saying.

I'm not acting superior or at least I hope it doesn't seem that way. A bit serious there but there's the fact you can just make up an address and phone number, no need to take someone's. At least from what I've heard. I'm just saying it's a bit tiresome seeing people post about it in the topic over and over.

Just finished Runners. Ep50-5 was the last stage and then a 20-hits Eggman boss which I beat in two attempts.

And my reward for this amazing achievement???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20,000 rings and 50 Red star rings.......................wow, how rubbish! They could have least given me a new character!

As for the ending? Yep, it's pretty much Sonic Colors........only with Super Sonic (you don't play as Super Sonic). Eggman tries to fire a laser to brainwash everyone and Super Sonic stops him.

So, with a modest rank of 80 and a highest score of only about 3.8 million (which I think I can easily beat now that I've got some good companions) I will be taking a well earned break from Runners. 

Oh and the game has reset to the start of Ep50. So I get to replay Ep50 over and over and OVER again. How FUN  :huh:

What do I think of Runners?

Well, it's a nice mobile game. A good alternative to the gameplay of Jump/Jump Fever and Dash. Although I think I prefer the Jump games.

Due to the repetition of the gameplay and how hard it is to unlock characters/companions in the roulette system, it gets frustrating all too quickly. It certainly isn't worth wasting money on.

Runners has been a nice little distraction whilst we wait for news about the next main Sonic game.

EDIT: I decided to use the 50 red star rings on the Premium roulette. I got the golden egg which upgraded Chip from level 0 to 1.

xtBTDWE.png

Isn't the rank and not scoring rank simply tells you how many episodes you have completed? Also 3.8 million WHAT THE HECK?! I on episode 38 and my highest score was only 842,267 points.

B1PNVL9l.jpg

I been trying to figure the ways to get higher scores. Is it to level up Sonic characters or only one Sonic character? Is it to get more companions while getting them leveled up? Is there a cheat code I not know about besides the character switching repeatedly? I still trying my hardest to get close to my highest score. The closest I got was 657,266 points.

ulnuqbzl.jpg

I just scored over 5 million with Sonic, Knuckles, Yacker and the Merlina glitch. Damn! My highest score. Really wish I had the 100% score bonus booster and route bonus effect. My previous high score with both of those boosters and using red rings to revive was 4.6million. I could have a way higher score if I used the boosters this time!

Highest I've scored so far without using glitches is 2,100,000-ish... I'm honestly not too sure how score bonuses work still with Runners. I know the big thing is having route bonuses which help out significantly but sometimes I'll get just under 1,000,000 with a 100,000 running score, but sometimes it'll be over that with the similar running score. 

I've also noticed Yellow Wisps are probably the best for boosting your score but it all comes down to luck with score gems.

Anyone got a copy of that survey? Can't complete it. But interested to see what it asks?

When the hell is this gonna come out in the states? I really don't feel like creating an account for the Canadian iTunes Store.

Seriously, does anyone have a link to or have a copy of that survey that Japan gets for Runners? Would be very interested to see what it contains, specially if there's any clues to future content/events.

Would somebody please come on here and announce that your highest score is under 1,000,000 and I can feel better about myself? Also I reached level C- and the highest you can reach is level C until the next round start.

I'm sorry but, WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP YAWNING ABOUT THIS GAME NOT BEING RELEASED WORLDWIDE! It has been clearly stated that the game had a soft release for testing purposes. (there's even a "t" next to the version of the game, I mean, come on man)

If you really want to play this game, create a Canadian/Japanese apple ID or switch your region. Or just download the APK/iPA file.

It doesn't even take that long to do these steps.

If you don't have a phone, then why are you even complaining? Why complain it here when we can't do nothing about it?

Back on topic:

I'm almost done with this game, just 2 episodes left. JESUS...

• Thumbs Up 3

Because some people don't want to create a foreign account that they can't control/isn't legitimate 100% and is out of the way? It's not that unlike physically localizing games. We could just import a European game that'll come out in the states, but that'll involve confusing currency problems, switching out consoles if they're region locked, and dealing with a dub we may or may not like comparatively.

• Thumbs Up 1

See it wouldn't be as bad if there was an actual excuse besides "it's not legitimate" because it's completely legitimate. It's not a game you have to pay for, it doesn't harm your device in anyway and you don't have to go through any illegal means of getting it.. well I guess that is kind of a technicality. 

Also if you don't have the time to make an alternate account or download the apk (which you can even do on your phone) then you probably don't have time to play the game. 

I'm pretty sure I saw this one earlier in the topic as well, not being able to use the IAP. Well those are almost utterly useless, unless you REALLY want to pay. You can get red rings after every episode and are even gifts in the wheel spin that you get 3 free of each day. 

The reason I personally feel it's aggravating is because it's almost like your finding reasons not to get the game and then are going back and complaining about it. Just my two cents. 

On mobile so this will be short.

1st of all. Boom episodes thing is more of a big deal when you consider how fragmented they made the launch and how it's a primary market for sega.

As for he runners thing... you guys complaining about this are so over complicating matters...

Do you have an SSMB account? Well you can probably register a Canadian itunes account.

Do you have a computer? Well you can do the APK thing.

The whole. It's not a legitimate account is a really poor excuse when I would hazard a guess most if not all those complaining have multiple accounts for some gaming services in order to take advantage of multiple region stores or anyone who has or is using false info on any user account they have made.

Yeah delaying the worldwide release is a crappy thing to do. But people complaining about it as if here is utterly no way you can play it or inventing excuses as to why you won't play it is pretty ridiculous.

Oh it's definitely a lot less complicated and/or warrented; being free nullifies a lot of concerns in the first place.

Here's the thing, though. I'm totally fine with making multiple accounts on consoles and the like to get what I want, like for save files for games that I'd have to delete to play over again. The thing I'm not comfortable with in the alternate ID process, though, is inputting a random, and foriegn, zip code as the information. Given that information is used to determine what area you are in and how much tax money you have to pay for items, I feel that it might cross over the law somewhere, as it can be used to cheat your taxes and the like. "Can" being the key word here, though.

Idk. It may seem really menial to you guys, but I'm really cautious/uncomfortable with this kind of stuff. I'm definitely not bringing it up for the sake of complaining, though. It's pretty much the only genuine reason why I personally haven't used the method already.

• Thumbs Up 3

*post*

My question is are you really gonna buy anything? If not, I see no reason for them to assume you're cheating them outta money or whatever. And even then isn't it the same around all areas just converted to their currency? Unlike a candy bar or something, you don't pay less or more for IAP to my knowledge. Also people use Japanese accounts to buy guys early right and if there's no problem with that why would there be a problem with this?

My question is are you really gonna buy anything? If not, I see no reason for them to assume you're cheating them outta money or whatever. And even then isn't it the same around all areas just converted to their currency? Unlike a candy bar or something, you don't pay less or more for IAP to my knowledge. Also people use Japanese accounts to buy guys early right and if there's no problem with that why would there be a problem with this?

Probably not; I don't get invested in F2P games financially. You never know, but I definitely don't have plans to do so.

And no, there are probably no taxes in Sonic Runners. And there's probably 1/1000ths of a chance that you'll actually get in trouble for doing it, as shown by the hundreds of people doing it already. It's about the principle of the matter for me, though, which like I said, probably is stupid and menial. Chances are way more likely that there's a rule about faking your ZIP code in the first place too, as that's what they're designed for outside of the postal service.

It might be 1:50a in the morning at the start of this post, but this f-ing Sonic Runners game is p-ing me off greatly! Like out of every Sonic game I have ever played, THIS has to be the most easiest way to die in Sonic games.

These are the things that make me angry about this game!

1. You run into wall tapping repeatedly at the screen to make sure the game not end but the game simply says funk you and then you lose life. Like seriously if you run into a wall in real life you would not instantly die it stupid!

2. You run and use jump lever but soon realize your jump was small and you tapping repeatedly at the screen but no your player will not jump and instead falls into a pit.

3. You run trying to avoid all those drills and at the same time trying to avoid all those d*** pits but no the game says funk you and then you lose.

4. You run then hit some horrible placed spikes that are next to a wall and of course once you hit the spikes tapping repeatedly at the screen the game says f you and then you run into wall which of course means death for your player!

5. You run and you hit anything then for some reason you are helpless for one to two seconds. You could be tapping repeatedly at the screen but no your character is currently unable to jump and then most likely falls into a pit.

6. This not actually make me angry it more of an annoyance. The combo bonus you know the thing that counts your items is irritatingly hard to get up to 1,000 which I believe is the maximum since it turns red at that point. To average players like me Merlina is useless companion since even when leveled up you need like 1,000 combo bonus to work which is pretty useless to use.

7. This more of an annoyance than. Fighting Dr. Eggman as Tails is hard. Sometimes you forget that jumping twice as Tails will get you hurt. Like Sonic 3 Tails did not get hurt because his tails would tear up what touches it!

Edit

8. Why is it on my phone that this game begins to lag badly? I was doing great had almost 1,500 combo bonus and then it lagged and paused in Dr. Eggman fight and I lost it that did made me angry. Every game I ever had on this phone worked smoothly but not this than.

But seriously the running into wall then game ending is extremely dumb! I seriously want to give up on this game. It sometimes gives me rage especially when I lose in the unfair ways. I am sorry if this hard to understand since I typed this on phone on. I will admit sometimes I get irritated in trying to figure out how some people get over 1,000,000 points when I struggle to get over 500,000 points. However based on my high score list they seem to place you with similar skilled people. I know there are some average people. Anyway if you have anything that makes you angry or annoys you about this game you can let people know that on!

Would somebody please come on here and announce that your highest score is under 1,000,000 and I can feel better about myself? Also I reached level C- and the highest you can reach is level C until the next round start.

Uh...

16933736939_ae6075715e_z.jpg

Totally love the Merlina glitch and 150% score route bonus.

• Thumbs Up 1

*rant*

I know Tails is probably your favorite character, but let him go. He (and other fly characters) sucks in this game. You are making it hard for yourself. Stay with Sonic, practice with him and you'll get better.

I remember in Sonic Jump that Amy sucked (for me anyway) and I had to let her go in favor of Knuckles.

I had to suck it up and accept that although Knuckles was the best in Jump, he paled in comparison to Shadow in Jump Fever. D:

I have a feeling that Team Dark are going to be the most useful in this game too. If Team Rose has an animal bonus, Chaotix a rings bonus and Hero (seemingly) have a distance bonus, then Dark will probably have the score bonus. Though that does leave Blaze, Silver and Metal unaccounted for.

But like it really doesn't matter in the slightest, lol

We should write a teir list for this game.

Currently I think it's....

Espio. (Speed Characters are great in all stages + 75% Ring bonus = best by miles.)

Vector (75% ring bonus + better at power stages + easiest to damage egg man.)

Amy (Espio without the bonus)

Knuckles (Vector without the bonus.)

Sonic (Would be higher, but for some reason he seems to lag more.)

Charmy (Fly characters are naff.)

Tails (Fly characters with naff character bonuses are even worse)

I have a feeling that Team Dark are going to be the most useful in this game too. If Team Rose has an animal bonus, Chaotix a rings bonus and Hero (seemingly) have a distance bonus, then Dark will probably have the score bonus. Though that does leave Blaze, Silver and Metal unaccounted for.

Actually, I think Team Dark will have a large bonus for destroying enemies just like the Dark Chao companion has one. It would fit them as all their extra missions in Heroes were about destroying a lot of enemies, and the Chaotix's bonus references Heroes as well. Then, the "Easy Type" characters (Blaze and Silver) will get the Score Bonus instead, though I have no idea about Metal Sonic. We'll find out eventually, anyway.