Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I started playing only after the ww release, so yeah: I guess Genesis, Cartridge, or Yacker should be good?

My combination I've been using is the Blowfish + Level 5 Yacker and I end up with around 20,000 - 25,000 pearls each run. Yacker's very useful, cuz the Laser and Asteroid wisps net you tons of pearls.

The blowfish plays a big part in that too though, but I figure Yacker'd still be pretty useful even without the Blowfish.

I got +16000 pearls by using Rouge with Lv. 4 Carbuncle & Lv. 1 Marine Chao and without watching any video ad.

Just before that, I noticed Dr. Eggman's reply in the loading screen. This time, just like Amy's reply, He talked to himself, said, "... Eggy's plotting something,... ."

But, I was too late to take a screenshot about that. My apologies.

That amount of red star rings is insane o.o

Ah....And that "score reduced" icon..

Even a 5yo knows that anything that reduces score is bad and specially for characters that claim that are making the game easier.

I think you missed out a very important part in this.

Whatever score you get doesn't matter when you are playing an event special stage. You are collecting pearls, which are much easier to collect if you are using a Team Easy character. So yeah, he is smart.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, you have the ios one...oh, the lag and glitches on the android version make it impossible

Dude I've been playing this event on my laggy ass tablet since my phone broke. If I can get the top spot in the world at 30fps with massive lag spikes every 5 seconds then you need to git gud.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just tried out the Tropical Coast event.

Got a few thousand pearls, then I died because of bad framerate. Tried to watch the ad, but the game crashed. When I reloaded it, I discovered that none of my pearls were saved, but I wasted a Revive Token and several items.

Why do I even bother?

Oh, seems there are a lot more people experiencing framerate issues than I thought. I assumed they would go away with a more powerful device? I guess not.. I hope an update is released to fix this issue. Is it apparent on iOS or is it Android exclusive? I know people in this thread say iOS is fine, but I've heard some people experiencing issues on a few older devices. And by older I mean not that old even, like iPhone 5. 

I also mentioned glitches...

Glitches included! And if you are talking about the abrupt vertical displacement that is caused by the stutters and occurs on iOS as well. iOS and Android literally have the same glitches. If you complain so much why don't you just get an iPhone?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you missed out a very important part in this.

Whatever score you get doesn't matter when you are playing an event special stage. You are collecting pearls, which are much easier to collect if you are using a Team Easy character. So yeah, he is smart

Of course, I'm aware that any animal/score/ring bonus isn't useful in events, and indeed he is being smart, fly is perfect for speed and fly areas and Big takes care of the random power areas :)

I just said they perhaps could buff the characters itself or reduce prices. 

It's team easy for beginners, it's not "team expensive just to be used mostly on monthly events" :s 

That or they can ignore and keep launching buddies and leave everything unchanged

I'm not sure how good i will be int his event... the game kills me for no reason...

1.I died while jumping on a group of badnicks. It was ok until i hit the last one. I didnt touch anithing before jumping or him or durin the whole section, but after i destroied him, instead of getting an extra jump, it just went into a bottomless pit

I just saw that to unlock an easy character you need 250 rsr or 5 million normal rings

If you try to buy normal rings using red star ones, 250 is only worth 500 000 rings o.o? 

I know one would buy it directly with red star rings but shouldn't it be "buy with 250 red star rings or its equivalent in rings"? 

Perhaps they added a zero by mistake? 

It should be 500 000 according to the game o.o

it was 5 mi. before, maybe they chamged it

you mean the rings conversion or the team easy price? 

Either way, if they decreased one they should have decreased the other 

40 rsr, i can almost have a spin at the roulette, and i will get one event companion. Which one is better:Blowfish or Marine...chao?

mKVgYmE.png

King Froggy, it's you!

zvGnZJE.png

Sonic, you must be happy Froggy show himself to see you. You should be feeling honored.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I've already asked this, but...

Why does Froggy still have Chaos's tail!?! Would it kill Sonic Team to show a little attention to detail?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I've already asked this, but...

Hidden Content

I didnt realise it until now. but how this game isnt canon to the cosole games, it can be a different reason it has the tail.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw that to unlock an easy character you need 250 rsr or 5 million normal rings

If you try to buy normal rings using red star ones, 250 is only worth 500 000 rings o.o? 

I know one would buy it directly with red star rings but shouldn't it be "buy with 250 red star rings or its equivalent in rings"? 

Perhaps they added a zero by mistake? 

It should be 500 000 according to the game o.o

They cost 5,000,000 rings because then people get the impression that it's possible to get characters without real money (buying with rings), but if anyone were to actually spend that long and that much saving up for a character it would be a waste of rings. This way Sega doesn't really have anything to lose, especially because these characters are overall the worst in the game.

40 rsr, i can almost have a spin at the roulette, and i will get one event companion. Which one is better:Blowfish or Marine...chao?

My strategy for the roulette for now was go for Shadow with premium spin (got Chip), go for either Shadow or Blowfish on regular spin (got Blowfish), and then wait until Blaze leaves before spinning again. You want to get Blowfish or else the event will take much longer, but you only need one. Marine Chao meanwhile is useless and should be replaced by something else that helps collect pearls (Shahra, Yacker, Wizard Chao, anything that makes a magnet) or the battle cruiser. I'm waiting for this event to end before spinning again because most of the other rare companions are better than the event ones, and I'll wait out Blaze because I already have her and she'll probably get replaced by Metal Sonic or Tikal. 

I know it's just a silly phone game... But i really wish they didn't write the story so poorly and or just so annoyingly... I know I just started the new limited beach event... But already this side story feels questionable... why is it wrong and considered stealing for Eggman to take the random pearls from the beach? Are they owned by somebody already or what? And across the stories on this game I get a lot of that pokemon TV show logic of story telling. AKA if you the villein does something it's wrong even if it''s not actually a bad thing... but It's ok if we the heroes do something... even if it's the exact same thing we just told the villein was wrong.

PS: I know that Robotnik will probably do something evil with the pearls... but doesn't change the fact that him just taking some random pearls off a beach by itself is not really all that bad.

Here's a clean rip of Tropical Coast's music!

Say what you want about the quality of the game overall, but Sonic Runners has some truly outstanding music, as per the norm for mainline Sonic games

• Thumbs Up 6