Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/microsoft-to-bring-android-app-support-to-windows-10-report-686790?pfrom=home-trending

Windows 10 will be supporting Android Apps. This means we might get Sonic 1, 2, CD, Jump, Dash, Fever, and Runners. I know we already have some of these games via Windows Phone, but having the Android version might be better since updates are more likely to happen.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/microsoft-to-bring-android-app-support-to-windows-10-report-686790?pfrom=home-trending

Windows 10 will be supporting Android Apps. This means we might get Sonic 1, 2, CD, Jump, Dash, Fever, and Runners. I know we already have some of these games via Windows Phone, but having the Android version might be better since updates are more likely to happen.

Good, Maybe I'll get me some Windows 10, hopefully this means no more laggy Apps.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this is pretty much the time scale for Runners releasing in other regions:

f73.jpg

The game is literally a click to download so even if you're in a country that doesn't have it, it is very easy to get.

PurinxPop, on 28 Apr 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:snapback.png

I hope SEGA is giving you a solution soon  ;)

Could you please tell me how did you unlocked Amy by yourself? Did you create 10 different accounts or something similar?  :blink:

They sent me an email asking what phone I had, my OS, and storage, but I'm pretty sure these are irrelevant. I have a high-end flagship Android phone running 4.4.4 KitKat with 64GB total and 40GB storage free. There should not be a problem with my phone, it is just shitty programming on their end. They haven't replied back to my email in two days either.

And, yes, I boosted. My friends and I made accounts on fb and I finished it in 3 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is literally a click to download so even if you're in a country that doesn't have it, it is very easy to get.

Not the point, it shouldn't take this long to localise a mobile game of all things. Especially one that's already translated.

Not the point, it shouldn't take this long to localise a mobile game of all things. Especially one that's already translated.

No, it's exactly the point.

The game is currently in soft-launch. It's already fully translated for English and Japanese markets at least, so that's not what's holding them back. SEGA are currently testing the market and the game, finding out the best possible way to make a profit from it, keep users interested and patch up any major bugs/issues. They can release the game to a small market (Japan and Canada in this case) to assess the game, and then when they're happy with it they'll release it worldwide.

It will come your way eventually, but in the meantime nobody is preventing you from playing it. You can do so legally and easily in as much time as it takes for you to write a post complaining about it not having been released yet. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Ugh this is the response I got back 

9e3dedbb579363d770937c1038e07d4d.png

Is it so hard for them to take my ID, look at my account, confirm I have 10 invites and then reinstate Amy? I don't think the developers are going to get this fixed for the next update.

I was trying to make a Canadian iTunes account so I could download the game but I was always asked to provide a Canadian address and postcode to prove I lived there. Any tips to get around that?

I was trying to make a Canadian iTunes account so I could download the game but I was always asked to provide a Canadian address and postcode to prove I lived there. Any tips to get around that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Make some random Canadian address. I'll give ya one free of charge.

252 Doubtfire Crescent 

L3S 3V8

It's totally a made up one and not my actual address. Trust me.

I haven't played Runners for a few weeks. Having finished all 50 episodes I'm just completely bored of it to be honest. I probably won't be getting the finished version when they eventually release it worldwide. I'm more interested in the next Sonic game SEGA bring to mobile.

Anyway been doing some experiments with this cruel and harsh game. I recorded each death type by writing it down. There are 3 ways to lose. Getting hit, falling into pit, and running into wall of course.

______Total__L_R__Other Lag=17%

Hit:__09 30% 1 07 1=DH

Pit:__16 53% 2 10 2=CP, 2=HP

Wall:_05 17% 2 03

Total:30 ___ 5 20 5

T=Total, L=Lag, and R=Regular

DH=Drill Hit

CP=Catapult Pit, HP=Hit Pit

I try to make that not look confusing by the way. I can always update it later. As you can see pits are cruel! Why do they keep putting me in the advanced players league? The top 27 people have scores over million. I miss where 500,000 points can get you first place on there.

Gotta say I'm liking this game a lot. So far I made it in the 3 star F rank (I'd type F*** but that would look like something else) and landed a top score 750000~, I think I'm doing pretty good for myself.  Though I know it's not too much to brag about considering people scoring 1000000 point runs like it's nothing.  The bane of my existence are those flying drills that come out of nowhere.  Can't jump on top of them and they always seem to stab me when I'm over a bottomless pit or I have no rings.

At last! It took me forever to maxed it out  :D

2ppykcx.jpg

Now I'm satisfied with PSO2 event; now I'll start again saving red star rings for the next event  :lol:

I'm not gonna risk Kuna and Mags for Rappy. Nope, saving my Red Rings for... Well, Pinwheels and Balloons probably.

Ugh this is the response I got back

9e3dedbb579363d770937c1038e07d4d.png

Is it so hard for them to take my ID, look at my account, confirm I have 10 invites and then reinstate Amy? I don't think the developers are going to get this fixed for the next update.

I totally understand your frustration but that's not how development works. If Amy isn't automatically unlocking on your device then they need to figure out why. Don't forget that many other users could also have reported the same problem and to manually go into accounts and activate characters then not only would that take a while for them but it could also cause problems for when they fix it - for example the game might try to automatically give you Amy after the fix and if you already have her by the team manually putting her in your account that might cause problems and glitches then. Be patient and let them figure out what's causing it, they do need to know your phone model and stats to try and recreate the bug at their end. I hope they can work out a solution for you soon, just be aware that this is probably one of many issues they're working on.

I mean no disrespect or negativity with this post, I live with an iOS developer and I hear about the testing and resolving process quite often.

Hah, that's one option. Thanks!

EDIT: Nope. iTunes also wants a credit/debit card valid in Canada, I don't see a way around that one. Can't download anything off the store until the account info is reviewed and a valid card is assigned to it. How have people done this for IOS?

I don't have the iOS version (Or any modern IOS devcies), but I do know it is possible to create an iTunes account without a credit card. Try Googling for "Create iTunes account without credit card" (The steps vary depending on which device you are using). 

Why is Runners so laggy, unforgiving and terrible to play!

Because your connection is bad.

So I found out something interesting about the game on Saturday which might shed some light onto why Runners has been so laggy and difficult. 

On Saturday I was on a train, this train happened to have free wifi, now this connection wasn't the best at all, in fact it was quite slow at times, but it was constant. 

Other people were also using it and were also commenting how "The internet was slow." Even when browsing web pages, very slow, but it did load them up.

So I decided to bung runners on and try the daily challenge, holy shit was I in for a shock. 

The game was laggy beyond belief, at times there was screen tearing, freezing, controls were unresponsive, loads times were double. Whilst it wasn't unplayable, the performance was so low that there is no way you could get high scores on it, even some of the pre-set jumps were broken, e.g. a badnik bounce chain always failed, the spring jumps were much harder to do etc etc.

I think that not only does Runners need a connection in order to work, but the quality of that connection has a direct effect on how well the game performs. 

Exactly how low bandwidth has to be before there is a noticeable drop in performance I really couldn't say, but I bet that if you're having performance issues, the problem is either with your device, or your connection.

• Thumbs Up 1

*massive post explaining stuff*

So that's why the game always goes from playing smooth to being super laggy! It's not my phone, it's my darned internet! It's always wonky and just going up and down all the time. Huh. Kinda strange though... couldn't they keep the internet for just leaderboard stuff? It's kinda annoying how it works this way...

Kind of reminds me Assassin's Creed (Unity?) where if you played offline, the performance went up.

Kind of reminds me Assassin's Creed (Unity?) where if you played offline, the performance went up.

They've been preparing since they launched it in Canada and Japan, this really doesn't mean too much.

• Thumbs Up 5