Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

How come the game not try to make it not lag on all devices for?

Because that will create even more unfair problems than the ones you listed. Why would they even do that anyway? Nobody wants to play a endless runner that occasionally lags after all.

That was an example even though I deleted the rich part after considering some things.
That is silly. That makes no sense. How is being rich gonna make you good at the game unless different devices makes the game run smoother but apparently that does not seem to be the case.

I forgot to add being lucky, and possibly being able to avoid all those catapults, drills, hits, pits, and walls for long periods, and knowing what power ups to use. See I can be reasonable.

Hey man, if you seriously feel outmatched or something, just don't play. I can't stress enough that if you seriously feel bad for doing poorly on a video game, let alone an endless runner, than you should put it down. It's a free to play endless runner, I've played a lot of em to know that I'm either horrible at these games or these games is being cheap, usually being one or the other. If you are upset about how "unfair" the game is, or you feel like you aren't skilled at the game, then put it down! There's no shame in that, there's so many people in this world that have put down games they felt like they couldn't play well in, or they couldn't enjoy due to having little skill or it's difficulty is too much for them.

EDIT: This applies to any game you play honestly.

http://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/user/6577-kaze-no-klonoa/?status_id=672393

Difficulty in Video Games is really hard to determine. Skill in general varies from person to person. If you can't play a game because it's too hard to you or you feel like you're outmatched by other players, then what's really the point of playing if you end up having all of your determination to play sapped out? Having confidence and building your skill will make you better at any video game, regardless of genre. If you aren't confident enough, try another game, or go back to it later when you've tried new things. It's not the end of the world if you are the worse player in a COD match, it's not the end of the world if you have a really poor high score, it's just you. You have the power to change that score, to change that K/D ratio, you have the power to improve and learn.     -Kaze no Klonoa/MeltingComet/me

No you were right in your original post.

The only way to do well in this game is to be both rich and spend all your time from 9am-9pm playing runners.

I like how you make this funny.

I mean, for weeks now, people who have been doing well in the game have all been saying that they've not spent any money, who have said it's all about learning the stages, knowing how/when to swap companions, when to use items, when to use red rings as well as actually being somewhat decent at the game.

I rarely hear much about actual game play here. I would be interested though. I have learned some familiar areas of the stage. Most my companions are useless than. I rarely use items except for Dr. Eggman fight. I use red rings when I have potential to get high score. I think that my game play is decent.

But it always gets ignored and instead the rich argument or the too much free time card is brought up, so what's the point in putting forward the real reasons why people are doing well since all what people who aren't doing well want to hear is that those above them are rich and have tons of free time. 

What is the actual point anymore in putting forward suggestions or advice when when people claim it's a game only for the rich or people who spend money when said advice and suggestions end up being ignored for the easy excuse?

I sorry you feel that way. By the way where did you got the idea that people above you in letter grade is "better"? Not from me since I not suggest it. The reason you want to is let people know that it is possible.

If you want to know why people like me or others says things like this, is because we bust our butts off trying really hard and doing all that we can and still only slowly getting better. We can not understand how anybody can get high scores like that. We never actually think the reason why is because they get up to stage 7 or they never drop their combo or use items to help them get through stage 3 better. Instead we come up with things like, they play the game 12 hours a day, they have better devices to use, or others.

I not mean to be hurtful. You have to admit it takes a while to figure this game out.

Guys, you know there's a High Score Tutorial video a few posts before

I already saw it but since it was in Japanese it did not help much than.

If you want to know why people like me or others says things like this, is because we bust our butts off trying really hard and doing all that we can and still only slowly getting better. We can not understand how anybody can get high scores like that. We never actually think the reason why is because they get up to stage 7 or they never drop their combo or use items to help them get through stage 3 better. Instead we come up with things like, they play the game 12 hours a day, they have better devices to use, or others.

There's plenty of methods in improving in any game my friend. People that get these "High scores" simply understood the game by playing it, and from what I've heard of Sonic Runners, companions are pretty much the main key factor to getting a really good score.

I'll leave you with that, but there's many other alternatives and other ways you can improve in the game without complaining about faults that either aren't a big deal or don't really exist in the game.

I already saw it but since it was in Japanese it did not help much than.

Do we really need to understand what he says?

Here's my companions

11188458_1423117081340727_62272630626477

It took like forever to get them, I'm about to complete the set. Except Kuna, which unlocking her is a pain because you have to go to the Premium Chao Roulette, where you have to get 10 Special Eggs, and I couldn't do it on time :(

There's plenty of methods in improving in any game my friend. People that get these "High scores" simply understood the game by playing it, and from what I've heard of Sonic Runners, companions are pretty much the main key factor to getting a really good score.

I'll leave you with that, but there's many other alternatives and other ways you can improve in the game without complaining about faults that either aren't a big deal or don't really exist in the game.

Yes most of my high scores came with the help of Chip. I have to respectfully disagree with you about it not being a big deal.

Do we really need to understand what he says?

Yes. The only thing that I got from that is use items and companions carefully than.

Yes most of my high scores came with the help of Chip. I have to respectfully disagree with you about it not being a big deal.

Yes. The only thing that I got from that is use items and companions carefully than.

Regardless, it's seriously up to you how you want to play. I'm really just trying to help man, because even though I don't play Sonic Runners, I know that mentally, whining and giving excuses about issues/challenges that people have got around don't solve the problem of the challenge you're stuck in. In this case, your desire to get a great high score to you seems like an impossible task that only "gods" can achieve, which will probably continue to stay that way in (god autocorrect) your mind the more you continue to complain about said challenges.

Welll erm.... I had another laggy episode today... only I'm convinced that the connection quality has something to do with it.

I know Bmn has posted technical data saying that Runners doesn't transmit any data until before/after the stage. However, there is definitely something going on and the only thing I can put it down to is the connection quality since it's the only thing that's a constant and would explain it.

As already mentioned, there was the train incident. Today I had another laggy episode.

When I'm in the city centre, I get a strong 4G signal, when I'm at home I also get a strong 4G signal or my homes wifi signal.

Between them however, there is a point where the signal drops. Guess what happened.

The moment I went into this area where the signal was weaker, there was a noticeable drop in performance. unresponsive controls, laggy, screen tearing, it went from being fine and having no problems, to being very difficult to play the moment I went into this poor signal area.

Is it my device? I doubt it, it's a Galaxy S5, barely 5 months old, the device is more than capable of handling this, the game had only been running for about 10min before the problems started.

The only constant between the train and today was the poor signal section of the trip. To further add fuel to this theory, normally I play Runners at home, in fact, it's only been in the last week that I've played runners outside of my house. Both times when the signal drops, the quality of the experience also drops.

I don't know if anyone is able to test this, but don't simply turn off or disable a signal, weaken it, so it's still able to connect, but the signal is poor, maybe even switching between different signal types.

It's not the game. Maybe you have other apps running in the background that is looking for a connection causing Runners to lag a little.

• Thumbs Up 2

How he hell did you get so many companions at such high levels?

That is interesting. Based on calculations it would take the following red rings to achieve that.

23 Level 5 = 6,900

03 Level 4 = 750

04 Level 3 = 800

01 Level 2 = 150

01 Level 1 = 100

00 Level 0 = 0

32 Total = 8,700 red rings needed

However special eggs could make that lower. Good job on doing the impossible.

That is interesting. Based on calculations it would take the following red rings to achieve that.

23 Level 5 = 6,900

03 Level 4 = 750

04 Level 3 = 800

01 Level 2 = 150

01 Level 1 = 100

00 Level 0 = 0

32 Total = 8,700 red rings needed

However special eggs could make that lower. Good job on doing the impossible.

Takeaway Merlina, Shahra, RC Monkey from the equation because these companions cannot be gotten from the roulette. Maybe take away 1 level from MAG and Yacker too, due to promotions.

But nonetheless yeah. That is really fishy especially when the game only came out 3 months ago. Maybe he paid Sega a forkload of money for red star rings.

• Thumbs Up 1

Takeaway Merlina, Shahra, RC Monkey from the equation because these companions cannot be gotten from the roulette. Maybe take away 1 level from MAG and Yacker too, due to promotions.But nonetheless yeah. That is really fishy especially when the game only came out 3 months ago. Maybe he paid Sega a forkload of money for red star rings.

I've spun the Premium Wheel 65 times. Let's assume ten of those were using Special Eggs, so 55 x 50 = 2750. 2750 red rings, roughly. I'm just guessing how many special egg spins I've had.

I've spun the Premium Wheel 65 times. Let's assume ten of those were using Special Eggs, so 55 x 50 = 2750. 2750 red rings, roughly. I'm just guessing how many special egg spins I've had.

He's used either a hack or spent money.

There is no question about it, he unlocked all the PSO2 characters to level 5 on the first day of the event, mathematically it's not possible to do unless you've spent money or used a hack. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a way to know exactly how many premium spins you have made? Go to settings and then go to user stats where it will tell you the spins made. However they probably include special egg spins.

Edit: Nevermind there is no way to know.

Yeah, I'm assuming it includes spins using both Red Rings and Special Eggs. Just posted it for comparisons sake really.

Here's my companion list at the moment.

muv8ypg.png

PfTnNrc.png

gyV17Mh.png

Think I've had 2 special egg spins in total.

Here's my companion list at the moment.

Think I've had 2 special egg spins in total.

Okay sure I calculate the minimum red rings needed.

01 Level 5 = 300

02 Level 4 = 500 Merlina removed

01 Level 3 = 200 Shahra removed

05 Level 2 = 750 RC Monkey removed

02 Level 1 = 200

11 Level 0 = 550

22 Total = 2,500 red rings needed

22 Minus = 100 for special egg spins

22 Total = 2,400 red rings needed

That is much more normal looking there.

Okay sure I calculate the minimum red rings needed.

That is much more normal looking there.

Forgot to mention.

+ 100 for 2 chaotix characters.

- 50 for 1 promotional code character.

Also a large chunk of red rings were gained from when I used the solo facebook boosting method which I think gave you either 10 or 20 red rings per referral, so something in the region of 100-200 red rings gained from that alone.

I been keeping track of how I lose to see how my game play changes. There are 3 ways to lose. Getting hit, falling into pit, and running into wall of course.

______ Total Lag Reg Other

40% Hit:__24 __2 _20 2=DH

48% Pit:__29 __2 _20 3=CP 3=HP

12% Wall:__7 __2 __4 1=DP 1=HW

100 Total:60 __6 _44 10

Reg=Regular, DH=Drill Hit

CP=Catapult Pit, DP=Drill Pit

HP=Hit Pit, HW=Hit Wall

Losing by running into wall has dropped considerably. My preferred way to lose getting hit has went up than. I figured out how to reduce lag which is to not have any other app or thing open and it helped my average score go up.

While it does look fishy, before my memory wipe, I also had a ton of Companions. BUT he does have a bunch of max level, so yeah.

My companions so far:

x26lgw.png

I only got the RC Battle Cruiser last night, but at Lv.0 it's already incredibly useful - 175% more Red Rings in Boss Battles, 200% more for power characters. Somehow I've still not got a single Baby Cyan Wisp. Not that I'm complaining since I'd never use it, but still. 

Jesus dude, how the hell do you get these?

I'm planning on getting that damn rc battle cruiser too!

Lol, I just play a lot. Regrettably I got super bored during easter so only got a Lv1 Merlina, but otherwise it's all just from playing. Not a penny spent.

Is the Amy unlock working yet? I was planning to make enough FB accounts to unlock her tomorrow along with some Red Rings.