Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I forgot to post this picture below because there's the bug that is about ESP Silver's Future-Type logo. It's gone when you recieve the 'Experience Acquired' message, but I'm okay with that.

image.thumb.jpg.07c3dc87516defa2c831f378

Hmm.. Type Future

I wonder if Silver and Blaze were originally supposed to be Type Future and Cream/Big were type Rose, but then they changed it to create Type Easy. 

Edited by big_smile

Hmm.. Type Future

I wonder if Silver and Blaze were originally supposed to be Type Future and Cream/Big were type Rose, but then they changed it to create Type Easy. 

It does make you wonder... But I think that would be a strange word choice considering Blaze is from another dimension and not the future I believe.

Oh great, SEGA is trying to confuse all of us again with the whole Blaze origins and silver's origins thing again? I thought they already settled on Blaze being a alternate dimension Princess as in Sonic Rush and Silver's origin's tied to Rivals.

Matter of fact, doesn't Blaze's bio in Runners state she comes from another world? Yeesh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matter of fact, doesn't Blaze's bio in Runners state she comes from another world? Yeesh.

Not on my version of runners. It says she's from another dimension, and can travel freely across her own and Sonic's dimension.

Oh great, SEGA is trying to confuse all of us again with the whole Blaze origins and silver's origins thing again? I thought they already settled on Blaze being a alternate dimension Princess as in Sonic Rush and Silver's origin's tied to Rivals.

Uuuhhh, ESP Silver's bio only states that at some point he left Blaze to train by himself, this doesn't mean that 06 is suddenly canon, they're probably trying to string together a new canon.

Uuuhhh, ESP Silver's bio only states that at some point he left Blaze to train by himself, this doesn't mean that 06 is suddenly canon, they're probably trying to string together a new canon.

Ah, I see, I misinterpret it as SEGA screwing with the series character lore again like they've done in the past.

I loved this update at first glance. Nice layout, more lives, friendlier roulette, some new music etc, but then I started playing. The game now stutters every 7 seconds causing the screen to jump ahead, the top speed sections are atrocious, and the scoring has increased dramatically but so have the episode milestones. I'm at level 32 and was making good progress. 290,000 per section and I was scoring 3,000,000 a life with no power ups. Now it's 2,900,000 per section! Bloody joke.

Seriously, is there even any point of getting good results in the leaderboards? I mean, you only get rings now which are next to worthless because leveling-up characters is now pointless and the only good stat increases are behind the 10% roulette, which has now every character you your chance to get one is under 1%

Or better yet, is there any point of trying to progress if your not going to buy microtransactions? I say that now your only probably going to get tenth of the old amount of RSRs. And because those deathtraps will make sure your not going to get nearly as far as before and those absurd point requirements.

It seems like every decision in this update was meant to be anti-consumer

Edited by RipeFIN
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be honest this entire update feels like a meta change, where as before the best way to rack up points is to just survive as long as you can, but now because the game kills you in round 5 now the best way to rack up points is to actually feel the map and find the highest scoring path, which is probably what Sonic Team intended the game in the first place. 

Also, since the game's designed to be played in short bursts,it feels like with this update they're trying really hard to actually make sure people play the game in short bursts instead of "try-harding" and staring at the phone for 7 hours which TBH goes against handheld/mobile game design.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be honest this entire update feels like a meta change, where as before the best way to rack up points is to just survive as long as you can, but now because the game kills you in round 5 now the best way to rack up points is to actually feel the map and find the highest scoring path, which is probably what Sonic Team intended the game in the first place. 

Also, since the game's designed to be played in short bursts,it feels like with this update they're trying really hard to actually make sure people play the game in short bursts instead of "try-harding" and staring at the phone for 7 hours which TBH goes against handheld/mobile game design.

Ok, fine but I have one question. Why punish those who have had time to get good results and stats by making them worthless and then putting insta-kill traps to places where you simply can't predict them?

Edited by RipeFIN

Ok, fine but I have one question. Why punish those who have had time to get good results and stats by making them worthless and then putting insta-kill traps to places where you simply can't predict them?

The insta-kill traps are there to stop people from staring at the game for 7 hours straight and breaking the game's design, while removing the Red Ring rewards from the leaderboards are there too uhhh.... Yeah that one's just confusing.

The insta-kill traps are there to stop people from staring at the game for 7 hours straight and breaking the game's design, while removing the Red Ring rewards from the leaderboards are there too uhhh.... Yeah that one's just confusing.

And what right SEGA has to do that? Think about it, your good at game and then suddenly something kills you because you were too good?

Confusing? How do I put this politely... They did that to eliminate chances to get free RSRs and getting more money from people stupid enough to buy microtransactions.

Wait... you don't get red rings from the leader boards anymore?? That kills the main reason to play every day: There's no more point in getting a high score.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol, I ran in to an unavoidable spike wall. I wanted to use a free revive, a video ad plays (Sega gets their money) and when it was finished, the game completely froze. Like, literally the only thing I can do is force close the app.

Deleted the app. For the last time. I am crazy to even think of redownloading this. Everything is nerfed. Unfair spike walls etc. What a complete cluster of a game. Anyone who is thinking of playing Runners for the first time, STAY AWAY.

One of the worst mobile games out there, neck and neck with Dungeon Keeper and Star Trek.

Edited by Ming Ming Yuigahama
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wait what ?

Did they remove that in 2.0 ?

Yes.

That's pretty stupid, though. For one, if they wanted people to stop playing after a certain point, why not just make it so that the round ends after you, say, defeat Eggman after a certain amount of Top Speed loops? Why just put a bunch of unavoidable obstacles in the player's path? For another, why would you literally want people to stop playing your game for as long as they do? That's extremely counterproductive.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm trying to imagine if I was a new player in to Sonic Runners. So many things to upgrade to STAND A CHANCE. And the new player will be turned off very quickly with the spikes, missiles and stuff, especially when you have like a Level 10 Sonic. Sega completely nuked this game, it's laughable.

I used Amitie Style Amy as my main because she's the only one in my party at level 100...but LOL. I'm completely at a disadvantage if I use her. She's not in the roulette therefore I couldn't upgrade her star level at all. The advantage of having Amitie Style Amy is now a complete disadvantage. 150% animal bonus nuked to 75%.

And what about Gothic Amy? If I somehow "get" her, how can I upgrade her star level? By inviting 10 more friends?

Last but not least, what about the normal Amy? How can we star upgrade her? Am I missing something or she too can't be upgraded at all? WTF Sega.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, i have some questions.

1. How does the x3 or x5 thing affect the roulette?

2. What are the odds for characters in the special roulette?

3. So we get rewards everyday we login?

4. How do the stars affect the character?

One of the worst mobile games out there, neck and neck with Dungeon Keeper and Star Trek.

Does Sonic Runners have a 24 hour cooldown timer ?

That's pretty stupid, though. For one, if they wanted people to stop playing after a certain point, why not just make it so that the round ends after you, say, defeat Eggman after a certain amount of Top Speed loops? Why just put a bunch of unavoidable obstacles in the player's path? For another, why would you literally want people to stop playing your game for as long as they do? That's extremely counterproductive.

shit i'm being 1v3'd here

Think of it this way, if they've just put a finish line after a certain number of loop then the player would just think that the game is over, but with having the unavoidable obstacle then the player would think that he've messed up and be more motivated to improve at the game.

And what about Gothic Amy? If I somehow "get" her, how can I upgrade her star level? By inviting 10 more friends?

Last but not least, what about the normal Amy? How can we star upgrade her? Am I missing something or she too can't be upgraded at all? WTF Sega.

i don't know about gothic and the other, but regular amy and team easy can reach star level 10 by paying RSR or rings, like rebuying them, but the price gets higher (on cream it was 1,100,000 or 10 RSR higher each time).

Guys, i have some questions.

1. How does the x3 or x5 thing affect the roulette?

2. What are the odds for characters in the special roulette?

3. So we get rewards everyday we login?

4. How do the stars affect the character?

1- not so sure it does, its just faster.

2- I think it's 20..or 40, I don't remember 

3-yes, but we are getting another set of logging rewards because of the update 

4- each star level adds 5 seconds (for quick mode) and 10% of bonus on distance, score, rings, and animals saved to the character

I just saw something:

Shadow and Rouge had  75% score bonus-> now its 50%

Same with chaotix with the rings-> now its 50%

M. Sonic had 200%- now its 100%

and many more

BUT NOW THE MAX FOR THE LVL UP BONUSES IS 20%

I don't really understand why there's an argument trying to justify unavoidable obstacles. It's fucking bullshit. No excuses. I hate this update.

• Thumbs Up 7

1v5 now

You know what, there's no way i can tackle 5 guys at once, I give up, you guys win, Sega of Japan is a blind money grubber who can't cooperate with Westerns to save their lives

Edited by NoirSuede

Welp everythings been nerfed and I was having so much fun with my buddies Shara and Mother Wisp :(.

Curse you Sega and Sonic Team!

Edited by TheBlueGuardian