Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

If anyone even tries to defend shit like the game intentionally making it flat out impossible to continue, regardless of skill, I seriously think you're trying too hard to defend this shit.

This has made the game more unbalanced than ever before. At least back in the other versions of the game, if the player didn't have the same items as someone else, they could still match them if they were skilled enough. Now, this basically makes it that you need all the good items, characters, and buddies to squeeze as much score as possible before you're killed. 

OMG You guys, that was a mockup @Tracker made. Don't you guys know he has an unhealthy obsession with Miku?!

Almost as unhealthy as your gifting obsession.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm pretty sure there are a few buddies that destroy spikes/missiles after meeting a certain combo. But it's still more luck then skill.

This is all the information I've worked out based on testing:

- Impassable Obstacles (Wall of Spikes, drill rockets etc) Appear during the 2nd Top Speed

- All walls in Fly stages do not extend upward indefinitely.

- The game warns you when impassable Obstacles are coming up, with the following pattern:

2015-11-28.thumb.png.ad0c38c45ffd33c601a

Reacting quickly to this might help you decide when to activate items, or as a fly character to get as high up as possible.

- Changing characters doesn't help you avoid them.

- Mag Lv. 1 and Purple Papurisu Are both companions that are able to directly affect the walls of spike balls, either by allowing passage under or demolishing it.Both of these are no longer available though. (?)

Blowfish Transporter and the new Timed Rankings buddy Dark Queen Both have a chance to give you items that assist you defeating these walls

- None of the above will allow you to run indefinitely

So yeah, they're purposefully trying to end our runs. Bad times.

Edited by Raiscan

OMG You guys, that was a mockup @Tracker made. Don't you guys know he has an unhealthy obsession with Miku?!

Well sor--ry I didn't know! XD I was extremely worried about this because that would have forced me to download the game again. 

Thank the Lord that this was a fake. And full props to you Tracker, you got me good. >.<

• Thumbs Up 3

jZZ5ZTL.png

Uh yeah, about that...

CU2bQH2WUAAOkLX.png

...I should probably get running, huh

You need to just stop, don't you have coursework to be doing instead of making mock-ups or some shit

• Thumbs Up 6

Just curious... is this real?

https://twitter.com/SonicRunners_US

We can't tell for now. It hasn't got the verified badge, nor @SonicRunners_JP links to that account. The Runners website has nothing on it either.

EDIT: In fact no official Sega account follows it.

Edited by Ming Ming Yuigahama

That account has the old app logo while the Japanese one doesn't, and the official Sega accounts aren't following it, so I'm calling fake. 

People still use Halloween Omega, King Boom Boo and Boo in the leaderboards!? I thought that Sega fixed that glitch in Ver. 2.0. Isn't it a glitch or an exploit anymore?

People still use Halloween Omega, King Boom Boo and Boo in the leaderboards!? I thought that Sega fixed that glitch in Ver. 2.0. Isn't it a glitch or an exploit anymore?

They probably didn't realize that Sega've fixed the glitch considering the fact that now you get points about as fast as before patch 2.0 if you used that loadout.

Seems that with the unavoidable spike wall everyone's kinda capped at 15 million points.

Yeah, they're around the 2nd top speed section (after 4 Eggman encounters). some are unavoidable unless you have items.

SEGA, Are you taking the fucking piss with this game?

I had 5 lives, and I decided to try Time Attack. The game freezes when I use the free revive, and when I start the game again, the game has taken 3 lives from me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did they actually remove ALL the golden enemies from this specific asteroid-section? (I hope you know which one I mean).

Bye bye score.

Yeah it's crystals now. The OP team mech section's gone... At least more enemies appear on Power stages overall. That seems to be the case, so the Team Mech combo with Omega/HalOmega is still strong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did they actually remove ALL the golden enemies from this specific asteroid-section? (I hope you know which one I mean).

Bye bye score.

Yes. Power stages have more super enemies overall so it kinda balances it out, but my god will it be hard to complete the gold enemy challenges now.

I'm pretty sure there are a few buddies that destroy spikes/missiles after meeting a certain combo. But it's still more luck then skill.

I tried the ones at level 5. The combo required is too high to rely on the companions; the walls have 3 second intervals between them.

Edited by PurinxPop
  • Thumbs Up 1

They probably didn't realize that Sega've fixed the glitch considering the fact that now you get points about as fast as before patch 2.0 if you used that loadout.

What glitch? I thought that combination just produced a stupidly high score and now they've simply nerfed King Boom Boo's activation rate and Mech characters' bonus. I've used the combo before and after the update and I don't think there was any exploit, it's just Sega never really thought when they came up with the numbers for those buddies. They still seem to be the best combo for getting the highest score judging by the leaderboard, as a better combo presumably would've passed them. 

Bye bye score.

Yeah it's a heavy blow to Mech and Animal teams. I'm surprised the drill section wasn't removed.

You know, I don't get the point of this update. Sure, it's harder for free players to make progress without paying, but when there's literally unavoidable death I'm not feeling a desire to spend real money. I also can't see anyone who just started the game decided to keep it. The only reason I kept on playing this game for so long was because it was fun, but with the update that no longer seems to be the case. I'll still stick around in case they update the game to make it more reasonable, and maybe I'll rank up on Timed Mode a bit, but I'm mostly done with this game. 

Okay guys so I know the update has loads of bullshit in it

but I'm probably just gonna play it for the time episodes. For me, I get RSR for both leaderboards so in going to go for ESP Silver because I love him. I think the unavoidable walls are horseshit but I'm just gonna play the time thing and see how it goes. I'm gonna try to retain a positive attitude and just be whatever because this shit is predictable. I'm curious if Sega is going to change it

• Thumbs Up 1