Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Uuuhhh, ESP Silver's bio only states that at some point he left Blaze to train by himself, this doesn't mean that 06 is suddenly canon, they're probably trying to string together a new canon.

Alright lol, but his point still stands tho. In the established canon, they aren't from the same place so there'd be no "he split" or something.

"Oh great, SEGA is trying to confuse all of us again with the whole Blaze origins and silver's origins thing again? I thought they already settled on Blaze being a alternate dimension Princess as in Sonic Rush and Silver's origin's tied to Rivals." is still vaild :/

Plus..you kinda acknowledge as much here "they're probably trying to string together a new canon."  ._.

Unless there's some new past unseen event where they were together at one point that we've never been told about that they have just never mentioned till now..which would be weird haha.

Only SEGA/SonicTeam can at the same time fix and break something splendidly...

Sonic Team died after SA2 for me, all we have now are charlatans.

Edited by Aries

Alright lol, but his point still stands tho. In the established canon, they aren't from the same place so there'd be no "he split" or something.

"Oh great, SEGA is trying to confuse all of us again with the whole Blaze origins and silver's origins thing again? I thought they already settled on Blaze being a alternate dimension Princess as in Sonic Rush and Silver's origin's tied to Rivals." is still vaild :/

Plus..you kinda acknowledge as much here "they're probably trying to string together a new canon."  ._.

Unless there's some new past unseen event where they were together at one point that we've never been told about that they have just never mentioned till now..which would be weird haha.

in all fairness it was established that in Generations they met as they were talking during the party. After that they became friends, because in the DS version of colors they're seen together fighting alongside each other in I believe either Sweet Mountain or Aquarium Park. Either way, they actually say that they haven't known each other before but they fight well together. It's pretty likely that they remained in contact after that, especially since they have a friendship going on in Colors. Either way, Silver is still from the future and Blaze from the Sol Dimension.

I wonder if im the only one here who will continue to play this? 

I'm going to continue playing don't worry. I don't care about the bullshit kill thing much just because I hate spending over 3 minutes on a run anyway. Still bullshit and unfair, but I'm still just gonna play because I want to see how it goes

Edited by Aqua7KH

in all fairness it was established that in Generations they met as they were talking during the party. After that they became friends, because in the DS version of colors they're seen together fighting alongside each other in I believe either Sweet Mountain or Aquarium Park. Either way, they actually say that they haven't known each other before but they fight well together. It's pretty likely that they remained in contact after that, especially since they have a friendship going on in Colors. Either way, Silver is still from the future and Blaze from the Sol Dimension.

Yeah, I feel that's not exactly what they were talking about though lol. When you here "Silver split with Blaze to go train" or something to that effect, you don't think just two dudes who hang out and fight occasionally bc that's something he can do at any time. That's just a relationship that has no baring on him training lol. They're not married or even dating or some crap lmao. He's not tied to her. Even if they have some mutual hangout schedule or some what not lol. Or some constantly meeting and daily hanging out friendship that they just paused (both of which would still be a serious thing to not specify lmao). You don't think of that. You think of an ongoing partnership (similar to the reliance they had in 06) that just broke off for one reason or another. Even if it happened bc Blaze left to go home or something to that effect, bc either way that's still a pretty important thing to just not mention or not identify haha :lol:.

I get RSR for both leaderboards

Lol not anymore. The endless now gives only rings and the timed gives only RSR. And of course the amount of RSR given out in S*** timed league is at most the same as it was in endless league. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel RSR are much easier to get (or will be even easier in due time) in this new update. If you want RSR just play Timed Mode. There's not much need to play Story Mode unless you want a few extra RSR from completing the episodes and from Eggman. But with the daily rewards and VS battles, and by simply playing the game I managed to get 103 RSR within 24 hours of the new update launch. And mind you I wasn't even playing for most of those hours. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel RSR are much easier to get (or will be even easier in due time) in this new update. If you want RSR just play Timed Mode. There's not much need to play Story Mode unless you want a few extra RSR from completing the episodes and from Eggman. But with the daily rewards and VS battles, and by simply playing the game I managed to get 103 RSR within 24 hours of the new update launch. And mind you I wasn't even playing for most of those hours. 

I don't think it is. You used to be able to get 5 RSR after a 10 million score run and those were relatively easy to achieve in story mode so I was able to at least get 50RSR a day just going through Episode 50 a lot. That plus league rewards. Now the story mode requires 10 times more score (You need about 100 million per chapter now) And that still gives only 5RSR.

So now it's literally 10x harder to get RSR LOL.

103RSR in a day's still pretty good! Don't know how you did it, but I'd like to know how XD In the first 24 hours I got 24 RSR XD
I got 10 from start dash login and 5 from daily challenge, 5 from the 1st daily battle and then the other 4 in-game.

Edited by SuperAj3

I don't think it is. You used to be able to get 5 RSR after a 10 million score run and those were relatively easy to achieve in story mode so I was able to at least get 50RSR a day just going through Episode 50 a lot. That plus league rewards. Now the story mode requires 10 times more score (You need about 100 million per chapter now) And that still gives only 5RSR.
So now it's literally 10x harder to get RSR LOL.

103RSR in a day's still pretty good! Don't know how you did it, but I'd like to know how XD In the first 24 hours I got 24 RSR XD
I got 10 from start dash login and 5 from daily challenge, 5 from the 1st daily challenge and then the other 4 in-game.

Well I still used the Battle Cruiser and that gave me around 3 to 5 per run in Story Mode. I also completed two chapters and the final boss. Then there were the login bonuses and the daily mission which gave me a small boost. Really from the basics I got around 50, the rest were from playing Story Mode a lot. 

Edited by ElectricAngel

Well I still used the Battle Cruiser and that gave me around 3 to 5 per run in Story Mode. I also completed two chapters and the final boss. Then there were the login bonuses and the daily mission which gave me a small boost. Really from the basics I got around 50, the rest were from playing Story Mode a lot. 

Wow, yeah I never got battle cruiser so making RSR is painful now :( I can't score 100 mill now or could before... What set up do you use? If you got about 300 million total score in 24 hours I'd like some help XD

But yeah, once those start up rewards disappear that's 20/30 less daily...

Man, this update...

The loading times were cut down, and I was greeted with a huge update notice of the game, followed with a log-in bonus, and the other log-in bonus, and a ton of notices. Daily challenges didn't change

The first thing I did was go to the character and buddies screen. The character screen doesn't crash the game like it used to. It's sad that character bonuses and powerup timer got nerfed, and the limit break just wanted to waste my Red Rings. The buddies screen also doesn't lag too much, but it still needed to load all of the buddies. And the level 10 buddies are annoying, and it's weird that we didn't get any compensation, probably because some buddies got nerfed and some buddies got buffed, and they think it evens it out

The Roulette is still a pain though. I'm thankful that we get more chances to spin the item roulette more than once, maybe get some Red Rings if you're lucky. And the Premium roulette increased the odds for character eggs, added tickets, and every buddy and character are in the Premium Roulette, except the non-Sonic and event-specific buddies and characters are not there. If you get duplicates, they gave you 1 special egg, JUST ONE. Probably the best game plan to spin the Premium Roulette is to wait until limited event specific buddies and character -that's only in the Roulette for a specific time- show up and waste all of it, I spent all of my 3500 Red Rings I got during grinding in the final hours before maintenace to max out my Phantasy Star buddies and ESP Silver. Opa-Opa's ring combo buffed to 125 combos only (100 if you're Speed Type)

The Runners league has been revamped for the worst, It sometimes crashes, it's harder to stay on the league, and the rewards for Story Mode are just rings, while Quick mode rewards are rings (probably for a while, to promote Quick mode), Shara and Dark Merlina Lv. 10 requirements are harder, dunno about world ranking rewards though. Facebook integration is unchanged, but my league ban hasn't got away, so I can't get league rewards.

Story mode got nerfed. On the last chapter, you need 100 mill score (approx) to finish it, but they kept the small reward for completing the episode. I thought someone at Sega accidentally put 1 in front of 9.500.000. Gameplaywise, Scoring is changed for this version so you can get higher scores. Level design got a bit of a change in some phases and phases and Eggman FIghts are noticeably shorter, especially Top Speed 2 and beyond. Top Speed 2 suddenly just went from kaizo to straight-up-wall. You can't even screen nuke by swapping characters, even Purple Papurisu isn't effective in the stage. That shows how much they want to limit how far players score in this game, thus making distance bonus useless (as if it wasn't useless enough). I made it through Top Speed 2 in Fly type with 2 Rouges and the Blowfish and Easter Bunny (both are buffed in this update) thanks to a couple of invincibility items the Blowfish gave me, in Top Speed 3, it's still the kaizo design, why?

My setup (for now)

Speed: Shadow and Halloween Shadow, Cartridge lv7 and Red Small Crystal Monster lv7/ RC Battle Cruiser lv5

Fly: Rouge and Halloween Rouge, Blowfish Transporter lv7 and Easter Bunny lv5/ Shahra lv7 and RC Battle Cruiser lv5

Power: Omega and Halloween Omega, Boo lv7 and King Boom Boo lv5/ RC Battle Cruiser lv5

Quick mode was too quick tbh, The mode is pretty luck based about getting high scores. There's no spikes on the level design (so I see where the Top Speed sections got those spikes from). The 1 vs 1 is unfair to new players. Imagine a face off between a lvl 999 and lvl 066, that's is so unfair. The reward screen for the 1vs1 mode is lazy. They just list in order 1-50 wins and then they go using intervals 51-54 and so on, then they just go Ehh.. f*** it 150 wins and so on (I know it's a nitpick), and the Apponent typo.

My Setup (for now):

Speed: Espio and Halloween Shadow, Opa-Opa lv10 and Easter Bunny lv5

Fly: Charmy and Vector, Opa-Opa lv10 and Easter Bunny lv5

Power: Omega and Halloween Omega, Boo lv7 and King Boom Boo lv5

So uhh.. that's it. I'm still playing the game though, just not hoping to get my hands on some exclusive rewards.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, yeah I never got battle cruiser so making RSR is painful now :( I can't score 100 mill now or could before... What set up do you use? If you got about 300 million total score in 24 hours I'd like some help XD

But yeah, once those start up rewards disappear that's 20/30 less daily...

Okay well despite my little defense a few pages ago, I am guily of using the Boo and King Boom Boo combo. With them I have Omega and Halloween Omega, as well as the score booster. With other setups I just have the Battle Cruiser and Gold.. Ship.. thing whatever it's called with Rouge and Shadow for the Fly and Speed levels respectively. So the buddies don't really contribute to score unless it's Power. Generally with Power types I get around 18 million points on a good run and around 9 to 10 million with Fly and Speed stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay well despite my little defense a few pages ago, I am guily of using the Boo and King Boom Boo combo. With them I have Omega and Halloween Omega, as well as the score booster. With other setups I just have the Battle Cruiser and Gold.. Ship.. thing whatever it's called with Rouge and Shadow for the Fly and Speed levels respectively. So the buddies don't really contribute to score unless it's Power. Generally with Power types I get around 18 million points on a good run and around 9 to 10 million with Fly and Speed stages.

XD Well I have Omega, but not HalOmega. Neither do I have Shadow or Rouge... I'm screwed it seems LOL

I do have Halloween Rouge but she can't be limit broken. So my current team (for Quick Mode at least) is Omega/HalRouge with Lv2 Boo and Lv5 King Boom Boo. I can get about 10 mill with the score boost and sub character. Story mode now I've just been picking a Chaotix and solo running to get rings... I could do that combo I have for Quick mode and replace HalRouge with Blaze I guess.

Edited by SuperAj3

Last time an issue was looked into, it was like "your ban system has unintentional bugs, you should fix it", and they did. 

Now its like "your  "lol, give us all your items and red star rings or die" wall that was 100% made on purpose is the problem,  fix it or SONIC (limited) RUNNERS won't be making money anytime soon"

• Thumbs Up 1

I redownloaded Runners in hopes that the latest version would fix some of my gripes with it.

It seems to run a bit smoother, and the timed mode can be fun, but otherwise it's largely the same thing. Just a minor tweak and a new mode added.

My biggest issue is that, for some odd reason, my transfer ID code (which has worked before, after I needed to do a factory restore on my phone due to unrelated issues) now no longer is recognized. So I lost all of my characters, rankings, etc. I'm back to square one.

Meh.

Wait so.. it's not.. on purpose? Whaaaaaaa-

Sonic Team pls

That's all I have to say.

Hum, I think it is on purpose.

The story mode info kinda hints at it, and there's always a gem rectangle shaped "box" with 2 X made out of spike balls to warn when an impossible obstacle is on the way.

That has to be on purpose right?  

It is on purpose. The "We'll look into it" is just an attempt at good customer service.

---

Does anyone have a screenshot of the Silver bio? Thanks!

It's on purpose. The PR representative most likely doesn't know everything going on with the game and it was just probably so shocking to see those spike walls that he legit thought it was a bug. Wait 'til he finds out it's not lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait so.. it's not.. on purpose? Whaaaaaaa-

Sonic Team pls

That's all I have to say.

Aaron Webber isn't a developer of Sonic Runners. He wouldn't know if this stuff was put in deliberately or not. This clearly isn't a bug anyway.

Hm, I swear I still remember being somewhat excited for this game since back before the soft launch, when it was just known as being a 2D endless runner of the Rayman Jungle Run ilk. Now, with the kerfuffle over what's going on with the recent updates, coupled with the current inability to play it due to no phone/tablet, I'm just really confused with it now. What, exactly, is going on here?

@LBPlombax7 Thanks!

Hmmm.... It's a strange profile. Because not only did Sonic Colours confirm they don't Blaze and Silver don't remember their partnership (in Sonic 06), but in the Sonic Birthday event, they are seen together.