Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I still wonder if the wall of spikes (missiles)  was for testing and they left it by mistake, if they remove it, farming RSR could be back to what it was (minus the Battle cruiser)

I still wonder if the wall of spikes (missiles)  was for testing and they left it by mistake, if they remove it, farming RSR could be back to what it was (minus the Battle cruiser)

I hope so, but I don't think it's the case.... The whole purpose of this update seems to be making farming for RSR harder. Even something simple as getting RSR by completing story mode levels has become much harder. 

I'm not sure where I stand on the whole debate about whether this was deliberate or not.

Artificially influencing the gameplay around a user is nothing new to gaming. Things like rubber-banding AI in racing scenarios have been around for decades.

I can buy the idea that they're trying to force runs to end sooner than they have been until now but would they really do it in a way that's so obvious?

Surely the logic to something like this is to make these obstacles almost impossible to pass, in reality, but make it appear to the user that it was simply their own fault. If the user thinks they were responsible then they're more inclined to play again. If it's made clear that the game is outright stepping in to force them to stop then they're more likely going to just abandon the thing.

It's like rigging any game of chance. Whoever does the rigging secretly ensures the game will play out in their favour while working under the pretence of a fair game. If you blatantly reveal that there's shenanigans going on then you've immediately destroyed the longevity of your scheme.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone is focusing on the spike wall, but please don't forget that this is not the only, not even the worst issue this new update has.

A lilttle example:

JXK5fT4.jpg

This is absolutely not acceptable. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh btw, whoever said RSR farming is easier on this update, is sooooooo wrong...

I used to get 300 RSR out of the episode rewards and Battle cruiser, per day, not counting challenges or leaderboards rewards.

Good luck to you all getting all the buddies or characters you want, we are all going to need it since SPECIAL SPINS CAN GIVE YOU DUPLICATES NOW.

• Thumbs Up 2

On topic: They need to change distance bonus back to score bonus.

Yeah, it is a ridiculous change, but at least distance seems to be worth a lot more now. I'm not sure how much exactly, but it is very noticeable. 

Yeah, it is a ridiculous change, but at least distance seems to be worth a lot more now. I'm not sure how much exactly, but it is very noticeable. 

Distance gives 400 (before it was 10)

Then again, after 3,5km you start getting the walls of spikes 

So, apparently free revives use lives now? SEGA just killed off their ad revenue lmao. I'd advise against free reviving since the spike walls come one after the other anyways so you'll only last for like 3 seconds. Just start a new run. Honestly if no one revives or pays for Red Star Rings anymore SEGA will lose all their revenue for this game. I'm laughing right now.

Okay, question.

WHAT is the point of adding the ASTEROID into QUICK mode? And it seems that it doesn't appear in the very first section (haven't seen the wisp there), but in the later sections, which are faster. And this thing slows you down so freaking hard. I just don't understand it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

OK what... come on now guys.

Guys = everyone who thinks this is a bug/unintentional behaviour.

The game works by having pre set layouts which randomly generate/stick together to create a 'run'.

Then all of a sudden when you hit a specific section...

The game generates a set of hazards which completely run up the entire X axis and in some cases the Y axis. 

Not only that but these impassable wall like objects take the form of rockets in some sections and change shape depending on the stage type.

Oh and in some cases they done run up the entire X or Y axis but create a mouse trap like box which us impossible to avoid. 

Lol that is not a bug behaviour. That's intentional, he'll the mouse trap box thing us evidence of intelligent deliberate design. 

If it were a bug it would be doing it in every stage given how the stages generate. And it certainly would be creating shapes or box like traps.

I presume you will be writing an article on this?

Do I have to? 

How many articles do I need to write telling people why this game is a mess and why they shouldn't be supporting it before the message gets in?

Frankly I'm baffled why people keep playing the game. It's not going to get any better, the balance is not going to be fixed, the performance is still going to be awful and every update brings another money vaccum to the player.

In closing.

Stop playing Sonic Runners.

• Thumbs Up 6

I might try to make something for my thoughts on gaming thread.

So, I saw the 2.0 update article earlier and stopped by to see how Sonic Runners was doing with this update.

My god Sonic Team, what in the fuck? Just… the fuck? This is just disgusting.

Welp, I think this song should be the new Runners 2.0 theme song.

This is pretty funny since they do a Secret Rings thing with the Desert Ruins Special Stage event.

But yeah, I'm kinda glad I stopped playing Runners shortly after the Easter event in the soft launch. Still like the music and the actual gameplay tho. Everything outside the actual game and the dickish design, yeah no......

So I know the update sucks and all but can we please acknowledge Silver's bio?

image.thumb.jpg.162ba594562898e7111bc93d

Like am I the only one who thinks that the bio for ESP Silver is pretty bad ass? Like, he just goes on his own to train himself and become basically a jedi on steroids and comes back like all powerful and shit. Like, he awakens the true power within. I also love how they put him in a Future team although I still believe it should've been some kind of 'Flare' or 'Flame' team with Blaze. But omg I can totally picture him just like training like a badass. Someone needs to like make a video of him with Rocky music. (Sorry I just love Silver and is completely happy that they did that in Runners even though the rest of the game is shit now) 

Edited by Aqua7KH
  • Thumbs Up 3

Regardless if I still play the game later on or not. I hope Blaze gets the same special treatment Silver just got. Making Blaze a power type was lame IMO... I want to see them do a version of Blaze that's a speed or fly type... I wonder if a Burning-Blaze would be possible?

I played Runners earlier today after not playing it for nearly a month. Kept it cos my nephew wanted to play the game before. After experiencing the horrible update and reading the thread, yeah I've now remembered why I stopped playing this game in the first place. The roulette wheel, the constant freezing after opening the free ad, the horrible downgrade of characters/buddies etc. I've gone ahead and deleted it for good this time.

• Thumbs Up 1