Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Wow. And I thought I played a lot!

97eadb9aa96773a0dcbe598977f1dc0b.jpg

EDIT: Okay, I just got my tenth special egg (two Wisps + wizard Chao + invincibility = piss easy boss) and spent it on... A fucking Egg Chao. Lol. But it's okay cause I then spent 50 red rings on... A pinwheel. God damn it! You don't half feel you've wasted your time when you get naff companions. The Egg Chao is actually pretty good as at Lv.2 it will boost your distance run by 255% (275%). Its not as useful as other companions though, and I really wanted a Super Rare one considering that this is the first time I've spun the Special Egg roulette since the beginning of the game.

1.Spend Red Rings on Companions (or boss battles before chapter 50) for Score Bonus

2. Maxing out Espio and Vector (and eventually Sonic)

3. Level 5 Rappy and Level 5 UFO

4. Git gud

I haven't spend a single cent in this game

How does spending red rings on companions get you so many rings to spend on companions....

How does maxing our a character impact red rings?

How does a level 5 rappy (now defunct) and a level 5 UFO impact red rings.

git gud... yeah yeah.

8.... ... .. ..

So basically you have 3 points, 2 of which are more or less the same.

All of the things you listed will increase the scores you get. The higher your score, the quicker you can clear an episode. After you beat the game, every episode gets you 10 Red Rings, except when you finally fight Eggman and get 50. So honestly it does make a big difference.

• Thumbs Up 3

So Blue Blood (or Mr Cynic as he's calling himself today) sorta brought this up in the status updates and as it happens I was thinking about it last night.

When this game first came out, everybody was enjoying it, this topic was a hive of activity. 

Then oddly, all of a sudden we all started to dislike it. That it was too hard to progress, the random stages were a complete pain and that there was no point in levelling up anyone other than Sonic.

Well... now that the game has had 2 updates, and now that there are a lot of different characters, and the random factor has eased a little, and how we've all upgraded and got a range of companions...

How do people feel?

I'm... slowly enjoying myself more and more. I don't think I'll get back to the levels of day 1 hype, but I feel a lot happier playing the game than the end of march when it felt very monotonous and I was seriously considering putting it down for good.

I got really, really fed up with the game during the Easter event. Part of that was due to cheaters making it impossible to climb the rankings, part of it was cause I wasn't lucky enough to get the companions and otherwise it was cause the Easter stage was bullshit and no character had an advantage.

Ever since though? Yeah, I'm enjoying it more and more. There's been a few improvements to the level designs and it's no longer random which stage you get. So it's fun to plod along with the game once again. I wish I could unlock Amy though. My Android tablet runs the game so poorly that it can't even open the friend list, so I'd need to use an emulator and... Cba. It would be great of they added in some more permanent stages in the future, along with some gimmicks. There could easily be more interactive objects beyond springs, canons and hoops.

I'm up to Rank S* now. Wonder if I'll be able to get to S*** without ever dropping a rank.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got really, really fed up with the game during the Easter event. Part of that was due to cheaters making it impossible to climb the rankings, part of it was cause I wasn't lucky enough to get the companions and otherwise it was cause the Easter stage was bullshit and no character had an advantage.

If they do that again next year... I have a level 5 Egg chao... because that comes in handy when theres no easter event on -_-

If they do that again next year... I have a level 5 Egg chao... because that comes in handy when theres no easter event on -_-

90% chance of getting a magnet effect when going through dash hoops. Lol. Half the dash hoops are arranged in such a way you don't need a magnet to get all the items, and you're far better off with Shahra giving you an item at x400 combos which is pretty likely to be a proper magnet.

The normal companions are all really useless. Totally worthless in fact. Even some of the rare ones aren't that good.

Looks like maintenance is coming.

Also... I got another Egg Chao...

However since it was maxed it turned into 3 special Eggs.

Will post a pic later.

Thanks to Rappy Lv.5 and Skull Chao Lv.3 companions I finished the whole event in less than an hour  :lol:

It looks like the premmium roulette isn't affected by this "event" so I'll keep saving red star rings until the next event  :P

If anyone is interested, here are my stats  ;)

2w7pfkm.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

*reads the rewards*

75 red rings in total... + 6 monkeys.... but if you already have max level monkey each additional one gets turned into 3 special eggs....

*reaction in spoiler*

GIF-Okay-OK-Agree-Agreeing-Yep-Aw-yeah-Y

• Thumbs Up 1

MAN

For some reason I can't download the .apk file on my Samsung Galaxy Note... I have more than enough space for it, but it's not going.

I wish I had access to a computer. D:

Bloody hell, ZeroP. I have Omochao Lv1 and Skull Chao Lv0. I'm only at about 600 and I've played a fair few rounds today.

• Thumbs Up 1

So am I just having a lucky run, or is Eggman dropping a lot of red rings today?

Speaking of Eggman and Red Rings, for some reason I notice that when I play as Knuckles in his stages, Eggman tends to drop more Red Rings and I get around 2-3 on each play. It doesn't sound like a lot but I rarely get them on the Sonic or Tails stages. Sometimes I might get one on those if I'm lucky, either by Eggman or on the field.

Look at this. 10 players promoted, 12 players relegated.

b3ade4f6f7af747b3445a71107ca92d0.jpg

With over a day left to go before the leaderboards reset, a player with a score of 10,388,205 is in 10th place. 11th place is currently on course to be left behind (if not outright relegated) with 10,160,940. Ouch! Things are getting tough.

I'm in 6th place with 12,263,243.

itsmeMrKrabs is in 5th with 15,708,150

ZeroP is way out in front with 68,049,613

Wow

I thought it was that there are 50 people in a league, and the bottom x go down? Or do people that don't register a score not get relegated? Or everyone with a score ranked lower than (50 - x) gets relegated? It'd be nice to know exactly how the system works.

If you look just a over the leaderboards in that picture, it tells you who'll get promoted and who gets relegated; the number of people who get promoted decreasing and the number getting relegated increasing as you move up the divisions. If you're not in either the top or bottom scorers, you remain in the division and have your scores reset. Relegation doesn't even start until C*, so the once you reach D*** you'll never drop any further.

I don't know what happens to people who don't register, but I think they just stay put. Its only if you register a score that happens to come out near the bottom that you get moved down. And it's all based on your high score. Your total score is just for scoring prizes. You could get the best total score in the division and still get relegated if your highest individual score was crap.

One time in one of the A divisions where only 15 players could get promoted, it turned out that only 15 and players actually registered a score. The rules also said something like 8 players would get relegated. I did pretty badly and came 10th or so, but fortunately the fact that there were only 15 players overode the possibility that anyone could get demoted, so we all moved ahead.

I can confirm that people who don't register a score don't get relegated, at least not currently. I haven't played in a month (at first I was busy... now I fear I'm too out of practice to get a good score haha) and I'm still in the same rank which relegates the bottom X players.

So remember how a lot of people were like 'Eggman gets too hard'

Well even at level 50 I can take him out 9 times out of 10 on my first go...

Here is the setup I use.

Characters = Espio + Sonic (Though any speed characters will do of any level).

Companions = Sword (if you have it), + any other companion, I use the pig just so I can get extra rings but whatever.

Equippable items = bubble, laser wisp, invincibility. And character swap.

Have at least 5 red rings.

This is what happens.

At the start of the battle the sword will activate and hit Eggman. If you have it levelled up, it will then make another strike.

After the sword activates, this is the point that any other power up activates. So in the following order.

Bubble... 

Which then follows into the laser wisp.

Which then instantly turns on invincibility.

You can now take off over 50% of Eggmans health before the invincibility runs out.

After it runs out, you are now in the following position.

You will have.

• A bubble item equipped. 
  • Rings.
  • + 1 character backup.
  • + 5 red rings.
  • + 1 character backup if you use the red rings.

Total number of hits you can take = 5.

With Eggmans health at under 50%, this is more than enough for ANY eggman encounter, unless you totally bork it up, odds are you'll always get a special egg using this method.

The best part, if you level up the sword, it will always use it's hits before any item activates so your odds for beating eggman increase each time.

• Thumbs Up 1

So remember how a lot of people were like 'Eggman gets too hard'

Well even at level 50 I can take him out 9 times out of 10 on my first go...

Here is the setup I use.

Currently sat at 2.5 thousand, most likely won't get the top rank at this rate... but at least I got some decent stuff.

I managed to get some Special Eggs by maxing out the laughable RC Monkey... thing. So that's nice. Got a few Red Rings along the way too. But I'm not going to be able to get the final 30 Red Rings nor the 3 remaining Special Eggs from the last Monkey.

Personally I think the UFO chao is utter naff, it never activates at the right time, seems best to use omachoa and that other one which boosts the number of chao caught.