Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

They're about to fix this problem, I linked the tweet in my previous post.

Which problem? There's like 10,000 of them.

Sega got 99 problems but bullshit is one (sorry I tried I got to go to work at 6am tomorrow I can't think of something funny rn tbh)

How does this even happen? No one can access the game. Jeez. Also, emergency maintenance is underway. The time it will take? They don't even know. So yeah, um, good luck with that one, Sonic Team. 

Edited by ElectricAngel

Wow, reading the tweets they really are taking into account all the backlash. And they're being very apologetic too. I'm impressed. Also it sounds like they might be changing the amount of points needed to complete an episode. I think..? Well they're doing something about it. 

Edit: Wow, you know they're taking it seriously when they're starting to tweet in English as well! :o (spoiler'd for size)

I await the results. Something tells me we might have to wait a day or so for this update. 

Edited by ElectricAngel
  • Thumbs Up 5

New features for version 2.1:

Gold Springs Don't make and mistake a touch Eggman's gold springs during the boss battles, otherwise all your Red Rings, buddies and characters will be deleted.

Eggman Power-Up Nostalgia! The Eggman power-up from Sonic 3 returns. Touch it to take damage. Shazia might equip it, so be careful not to make a mistake when she activates her powers.

Red Bomb Touch this bomb and the radios in your phone/table will start emitting unhealthy radiation to poison you. Play the roulette to win a buddy that can turn your radios back to normal.  

Edited by big_smile
  • Thumbs Up 5

I doubt that they'll fix anything aside the login issue. The english tweet only refers to that and nothing else. 

But they have taken into account the spiked walls and the first tweet actually mentions that they will fix that issue. Unless I'm reading it wrong, idk. 

Edited by ElectricAngel
  • Thumbs Up 1

And they also said that 2.0 is gonna be awesome. And that there are no missiles in Timed Mode.

I just don't trust them anymore. If they're gonna fix all the issues, okay, it's cool, but I don't really believe in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

But they have taken into account the spiked walls and the first tweet actually mentions that they will fix that issue. Unless I'm reading it wrong, idk. 

Hm, I'm actually happy over this. Considering how apologetic Sega is I sorta feel bad for them tbh. If they actually fix the issues I'm going to forgive them. Sure, they put bullshit into the game but as long as they fix it I'm fine with it. I'll play the game even more now since I was just planning on playing the timed mode. But time will tell with the maintenance. 

(In a perfect world they'll remove the lvl 10 buddy thing and the star character thing but beggars can't be choosers I guess. The most important thing is the spiked walls and length it takes to complete an episode I suppose.) They'll probably remove the missile thing in time mode since they actually did say there isn't supposed to be missiles in it.

hm, does anyone know of a good combo set for timed mode? Since score bonus is apparently shit now I've been using Classic Sonic, Sonic, Shahra, and Egg Chao. I have no clue what combo is really good. I don't have any of the Boos though. I do have the ton thing and the Opapa from the event.

... I'm totally writing an article on this now...

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

The models look better than I expected. They could be used in a 3DS or Vita Sonic game.

But isn't that shooting a bit low though? Modern Android phones are easily more powerful than the Xbox 360. I would absolutely hope that the models would look halfway decent.

Just checked the Twitter again. Nothing all that new, except the mention of giving out apology gifts. Might be RSR like previous times.

Edit: New tweet. Just as I guessed, maintenance will end tomorrow. 17:00 Japan time. 

Edited by ElectricAngel

Got a Notification saying it will be back online December 1st at 8:00.

December 1st 5pm JST (so 7pm AEST for any other Aussies!)

Wow, pretty long maintaince. But even if it fixes the issues of 2.0 at least to the certain extent, it still isn't as good as before 2.0 because trying to progress is pointless now.

It better not fuck around with my daily log in rewards. If I miss Silver because of Sega's own incompetence, I'm done with this game.

Wow, that's a long maintenance. I'd like to hope it's because they're going back and undoing all the changes to the buddies/characters, but I'd imagine it's because something major has happened. 

I hope they give some generous rewards.  If they are going to keep the level 10 nonsense, then I think they should give 50 free spins of the premium roulette (with only character and rare eggs on it), to take out the sting of the new changes. (Of course, they're more likely to do something more nefarious to get more RSR purchases!)

Wow, that's a long maintenance. I'd like to hope it's because they're going back and undoing all the changes to the buddies/characters, but I'd imagine it's because something major has happened. 

I hope they give some generous rewards.  If they are going to keep the level 10 nonsense, then I think they should give 50 free spins of the premium roulette (with only character and rare eggs on it), to take out the sting of the new changes. (Of course, they're more likely to do something more nefarious to get more RSR purchases!)

We're sorry for the inconvenience of the 24+ hour maintenance. We would like to offer everyone a limited time 50% sale on all RSR bundles as an apology. We hope you continue to enjoy playing SONNIC RUNNERS. 

• Thumbs Up 3

And the sale will be applied wrongly, so it will actually be a 50% increase!

Haha, yes. I hope you didn't miss a certain intentional spelling error. ;)

So, does this mean that you lose the winning streak?

Who knows? I've got a feeling that something bad must have happened to the player's data and the reason it's taking so long is because they have to restore it manually. 

If there aren't any data problems, then I'd assume they let the streak continue as if nothing has happened. 

Dou you want a new Apponent? 

Yes please, I would love to test the new companion combo of Boob the ghost and orca, a spead type buddy