Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Not trying to defend Sega in this update, but I can actually see what they did.  They attempted to keep RSR farming, which kills their bottom line, and they evened the playing field.  I sort of agree with point 1 from a business perspective.  Point 2?  Not so much.  I never ran into the frame freezing on my ipad.  I think they started having server problems early yesterday, and, along with all of the complaints, actually decided to do something about it.  I can't wait to see what we get tomorrow.  

Not trying to defend Sega in this update, but I can actually see what they did.  They attempted to keep RSR farming, which kills their bottom line, and they evened the playing field.  I sort of agree with point 1 from a business perspective.  Point 2?  Not so much.  I never ran into the frame freezing on my ipad.  I think they started having server problems early yesterday, and, along with all of the complaints, actually decided to do something about it.  I can't wait to see what we get tomorrow.  

I agree with the business argument, it's just the way they did. 

Long term players put in a lot of work into building up a collection of characters and buddies and they just came a long and nerfed it all. 

If they had double the player's buddy levels (e.g. so a lvl 2 buddy becomes a lvl 4, a lvl5 becomes a 10), then it wouldn't have seemed like such a cash grab.

They also should give better abilities for the lvl10 buddies.  

It didn't help that they had the Hero Returns event before 2.0, which just seemed like an attempt to get players to waste their RSR. 

I agree with the business argument, it's just the way they did. 

Long term players put in a lot of work into building up a collection of characters and buddies and they just came a long and nerfed it all. 

If they had double the player's buddy levels (e.g. so a lvl 2 buddy becomes a lvl 4, a lvl5 becomes a 10), then it wouldn't have seemed like such a cash grab.

They also should give better abilities for the lvl10 buddies.  

It didn't help that they had the Hero Returns event before 2.0, which just seemed like an attempt to get players to waste their RSR. 

Yeah, I can agree with that.  A better approach would have been to roll the release out in segments, and prepare people for the inevitable.  Or simply increase the power that the buddies brought to the table.  That's poor planning on Sega's part.

It better not fuck around with my daily log in rewards. If I miss Silver because of Sega's own incompetence, I'm done with this game.

Now that you've said it, it actually is a bit strange. I was supposed to get Silver today and suddenly there is a login error. Call Illuminati!

• Thumbs Up 2

This was asked a lot of times bt, the Silver is the Easy or Future one?

I just realised something. I wasnt able to get Opa Opa and O-papa. but it doesnt matter since....new phone.

This was asked a lot of times bt, the Silver is the Easy or Future one?

Easy one,  that's why they are releasing a better Future Silver and making it premium roulette only  

If the game's going to be down for maintenance all day, then the issue must be taking longer than they thought to fix. 

Not to double post but, it seems they may be offering in-game apology gifts to players once the maintenance period ends. http://www.tssznews.com/2015/11/30/sonic-runners-2-0-sega-is-removing-the-spike-walls/ 

I said it several times now, but I'm saying it again: The spike ball wasn't the biggest issue the update had, it's just the most popular. They have to take care about lots of other stuff, the characters and companions, for example. They can't just nerf everything some people actually spent money on. They BETRAYED their customiers. It's really hard to fix that, although it's awesome to actually hear an apology. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I said it several times now, but I'm saying it again: The spike ball wasn't the biggest issue the update had, it's just the most popular. They have to take care about lots of other stuff, the characters and companions, for example. They can't just nerf everything some people actually spent money on. They BETRAYED their customiers. It's really hard to fix that, although it's awesome to actually hear an apology. 

I actually liked the death zone. Sure it was annoying, but it stopped the runners sessions from getting too long (Although I suppose Quick Mode is a better fix for that). But yes I agree, the character/buddy nerfing was a far bigger issue. 

Edited by big_smile

I actually liked the death zone. Sure it was annoying, but it stopped the runners sessions from getting too long (Although I suppose Quick Mode is a better fix for that). But yes I agree, the character/buddy nerfing was a far bigger issue. 

that should be no excuse to have a death zone

A player spent time and rings leveling up characters and getting the right buddies, is skilled enough to survive bad level designs and lots of drills, and then deserves an impossible-to-escape zone? 

This is an endless runner game, your main goal is usually to survive the longest time you're able, if it's taking too long just die :p, ends the run in no time

Endless runner not being endless will never be good

• Thumbs Up 1

Who knows, maybe they'll actually fix the buddies. I kinda doubt it since the wall thing is more popular, however I'll be hopeful.

Who knows, maybe they'll actually fix the buddies. I kinda doubt it since the wall thing is more popular, however I'll be hopeful.

Im hoping they increase the episode rewards, if i dont get 300rsr per day i wont have a change at getting new stuff when released :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Im hoping they increase the episode rewards, if i dont get 300rsr per day i wont have a change at getting new stuff when released :(

That's why they made it hard to earn the rsr rings. 

That's why they made it hard to earn the rsr rings. 

they did more than that, in case whoever read this doesn't know i yet: Special spins can give duplicates now, meaning they dont guarantee a new/needed item, so you can't just max out all the buddies and save eggs/RSR to get everything new the moment it comes out.

I still think the spike walls are the biggest issue, along with the huge spike (heheh) in the amount of points to clear an episode. Even with all the nerfs, if it were still possible to rank up at the same pace as before, then I honestly think I'd like this update. New game mode that's pretty fun (though too short IMO) and a wheel that is more beneficial to most people. It's easier to get new stuff but harder to max them. I'd hate to be Hundjäger right now though. Must be awful now that maxing anything that's not rare is ridiculously difficult now. 

Why is it bad that runs were too long? If you're complaining that people were too good and you were getting demoted or something, then you just need to pay up or get better, unfortunately. That's just how F2P works. If you were skilled enough to last long but didn't like it, then why play? That doesn't sound fun. 

Edit: I might have found out what caused the maintenance. I found a comment on a Sonic Runners article that went like this:

Please… Could you read my last message and click on the link that i posted. The issue is clear because my halloween Omega level 51 has the same stats than my Omega level 0.

All Characters has level 0 in spite of the show other numbers. It’s annoying!

Sounds every character lost the level up benefits. Here's the link he posted. https://mobile.twitter.com/ALEXAURUN/status/670999185454403584
Edited by Jrodt333
  • Thumbs Up 2

I still think the spike walls are the biggest issue, along with the huge spike (heheh) in the amount of points to clear an episode. Even with all the nerfs, if it were still possible to rank up at the same pace as before, then I honestly think I'd like this update. New game mode that's pretty fun (though too short IMO) and a wheel that is more beneficial to most people. It's easier to get new stuff but harder to max them. I'd hate to be Hundjäger right now though. Must be awful now that maxing anything that's not rare is ridiculously difficult now. 

Why is it bad that runs were too long? If you're complaining that people were too good and you were getting demoted or something, then you just need to pay up or get better, unfortunately. That's just how F2P works. If you were skilled enough to last long but didn't like it, then why play? That doesn't sound fun. 

Edit: I might have found out what caused the maintenance. I found a comment on a Sonic Runners article that went like this:

Please… Could you read my last message and click on the link that i posted. The issue is clear because my halloween Omega level 51 has the same stats than my Omega level 0.

All Characters has level 0 in spite of the show other numbers. It’s annoying!

Sounds every character lost the level up benefits. Here's the link he posted. https://mobile.twitter.com/ALEXAURUN/status/670999185454403584

They'll probably fix that and possibly the other stuff too. Apparent a tweet by them says they were gonna do something about the wall spikes.

They may do that considering how many people are pissed off because of it. Anyone know when the fix will end EST?

The nerfing of everything and the bumping of the point requirements would be lethal.... if they didn't completely rescale the point gain of objects, which they did.

The nerfing of everything and the bumping of the point requirements would be lethal.... if they didn't completely rescale the point gain of objects, which they did.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be fine with that if they didn't change the scoring system. In my mind, the ideal way they could fix this is removing wall spikes (confirmed) and reverting the points required to clear episodes (this might be confirmed, but Google Translate goes crazy on the tweets so not sure). The latter is not very realistic, but it would be nice if they lowered it to 20 million an episode. Even 50 million would probably be fine now that spike walls are going away, and perhaps even 100 million isn't too bad since we'll be able to run longer.  

I didn't like the death zone because of people being better than me. I've actually been in S*** since before the global launch and I get the 50 RSR ranking reward each time.

I'm just one of those people that like shorter games, as you can play when you've got a few minutes to kill. Before the death zone, a Sonic Runners session would run on for 15+ minutes, so I'd have to set aside time for it, which turned it from being a time killer into something more serious (I suppose I could just pause it, both pause was always a bit dodgy). I also know I am in the minority and like I said, quick mode is probably a better solution for shorter runs.