Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Oh, I've got 1 more suggestion... I would enjoy it if power type characters were bit more useful. Better jump skills? Don't take damage while falling? whatever works.

Again, this only is for things which changed in 2.0, not general Sonic Runners stuff. That's a thing we should bring up later.

And thanks @PurinxPop, I updated my list with some of your points! 

Again, this only is for things which changed in 2.0, not general Sonic Runners stuff. That's a thing we should bring up later.

And thanks @PurinxPop, I updated my list with some of your points! 

Ah. Thought you were just saying not to suggest any new content. Well ok then.

Hope to hear how all this turns out. =)

Ah. Thought you were just saying not to suggest any new content. Well ok then.

Hope to hear how all this turns out. =)

He got everything from ne now (that was extremely long for a Twitter message, welp). Thanks for helping me out a bit, guys, and now just let's hope that SEGA will listen to us.

Btw, I also said that we need a Sonic Runners Twitter for the west. 

Edited by Ruki185
  • Thumbs Up 1

The apponent spelling error in timed mode vs.

Changing characters and/or buddies in other sets results in an exact copy changed in set 1. The mini change window before starting the stage works though.

Story mode rewards different in league hierarchy. Should be regular rings not rsr. (Disappointing i know)

Oh you already submitted? Oh well.

In before dark queen is overpowered.

Unless chaos lv10 effect can keep you with the equipment item, I doubt merlina will be OP

Also, forgot to tell you to give Opa-opa the 100 rings on lv 10 :( its good with 50 but come on!!!

I dont get it. What is Dark Queen doing? The loading info and announcement info are completely different.

the same as the blowfish but on lower combo, it gives an equipable item, the only advantage over Sharha is that you can use it at will, and that as far as we know, gives color powers too.

It's odd that no one gives the feedback about the crash bug issue to Aaron Webber. It often happens to me in the main menu.

The one with the rankings sais that you get an equipabble character.

Yeah, a mistake again, nothing new with them.

It's odd that no one gives the feedback about the crash bug issue to Aaron Webber. It often happens to me in the main menu.

maybe not enough users are getting this problem :/

You could've said that earlier though. Could you give me a more detailed example? Does that happen every time or just if you do certain things in the menu?

Are there other issues which force the game to crash aswell?

Edited by Ruki185

You could've said that earlier though. Could you give me a more detailed example? Does that happen every time or just if you do certain things in the menu?

Are there other issues which forces the game to crash aswell?

It also happens to me every time in the character menu, leaderboards, the buddy menu, and the item menu.

Suggestions:

Less points required to progress story mode (like it was in version 1).

Option to reply story mode levels (as redoing chapter 5 all the time is boring).

Personally, I'd wish they would revert the game back to version 1 (with version 1 buddies and characters) but just keep the interface of version 2. 

Option to reply story mode levels (as redoing chapter 5 all the time is boring).

Again, it's only for the update, not the game iself. And I already suggested the other 2 points, thanks anyways. ;)

@AshGreninJovan: Okay, done. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm in contact with Aaron Webber right now regarding the 2.0 update.

Is there anything, aside the obvious things, I shouldn't forget to tell him?

Sure, I have a few actual bugs, instead of feedback on patch mechanics. Many of these are minor points. I don't care about many of them, but thought it would be worth mentioning.

- Sometimes characters don't jump as high as they should. I have no idea what causes it, but it might be after they've come out of faster-than-normal speed. I notice it a lot with Power characters.

- If invincibility finishes and you're in a full-speed dash thing (where you have colour around you and you're travelling fast) black enemies do not get destroyed. If you are at full-speed dash without invincibility, you kill them as expected.

- Flying characters still have really janky collision when flying through platforms. if you fly through one at the start of a new section after eggman, sometimes you get launched backwards.

- Laser sometimes gets stuck on Speed courses.

- I really like this bug and don't really want to report it but... you can exit the game and come back in to get a different random level type. This is useful for me in timed mode and story mode, as I play best / get the most score :)

- Switching characters no longer destroys everything on screen. I presume this was to stop people bypassing the impassable walls of spike death, but they don't exist anymore.

- Buddies/Companions no longer collect animals for you. I thought this was a nice mechanic and it's a shame it was removed.

- There are two different companions translated as "Dark Chao(s)".

- There are a few Chao that are mistranslated as "Chaos".

- on Daily Battle, "Find Another Apponent" is spelled incorrectly.

- A minor UI point, but buttons can be pressed multiple times and they play the button-pressing noise. for example, spamming the 'Play' button just before starting a run plays the sound multiple times.

- On an opinion level: They really shafted their loyal players. They nerfed every single companion, and didn't give people with companions *any* recompense. They weren't obligated to, but it feels like a giant "fuck you" to people who worked hard to complete everything only to have all their buddy abilities slashed.

- Continuing on the last point: companions from one-off events have been nerfed due to the fact that companions can hit level 10 now, but it is impossible to raise these beyond level 5.

^

-I think the wrong jump high level is by the part of the platform you are on (beginning or end), but yeah, its a problem.

-the invincibility should be destroying black (super)enemies, the dash shouldn't.

-random level is a feature. (As far as I know)

-switching characters not destroying anything is just a change to stop the way people abuse it.

-Dark chao and dark chaos, what's wrong with this? Those are the names. 

-as far as I know the chaos chao are the right names, they are more commonly known as Chaos chao, Devil chao and angel chao, but the names are Light chaos, Hero chaos and Dark chaos 

Have they changed the way the rankings are calculated? I got demoted for the first time ever, even though my total score was at position 20. (My high score was at position 28, but in the past, a total score at 20 was enough to stay in S***). 

I'm in contact with Aaron Webber right now regarding the 2.0 update.

Is there anything, aside the obvious things, I shouldn't forget to tell him?

make all the buddies max lvl 5 again with regular buffs

remove star limit thing for characters (or make it so that you can choose between a star lvl up or the compensation)

make the roulette more fair, increase or keep the current odds for a character and make it so that you can choose the character you want. Make sure you explain to him how bullshit and unfair the roulette is, because you get basically less than 1% of getting the character you want.

Also make the roulette cheaper, say 25 RSR.

revert the amount of points it takes to complete an episode back to 10,000,000 points (or whatever amount it was back in 1.1.)

revert the episode rewards back to 10 RSR in 50-1 to 50-4 and 50 RSR for episode 50-5.

Revert story mode league rewards back to RSR for total score.

I think it's like this already, but change the league rewards in timed mode to RSR. (I've been so confused with the game due to how incorrect any information is)

this is also very important- Remove the missiles from Timed Mode!!! They're not supposed to be there.

Revert the time you are in wisp mode/make it longer again

revert the amount of time in Eggman battle back to how it was

revert the asteroid section to how it was

fix the revive button.

i hope I didn't forget anything. The most important thing here is probably the episode point requirement for conpletetion, episode prizes, making the roulette more fair, reverting the buddies/characters, RSR for rankings and the missiles in timed mode.

Have they changed the way the rankings are calculated? I got demoted for the first time ever, even though my total score was at position 20. (My high score was at position 28, but in the past, a total score at 20 was enough to stay in S***). 

yes, now the last 25 go down :/ 

Besides the obvious stuff? Hmm...

How about making all common characters also buyable even if it would cost a lot of RSR? And maybe... more zone themes & enemy types that are not just event only content for variety sake?

Otherwise I'd say the common complaints like the story mode needing more reasonable scores to get pass it, ETC is good enough to me.

Oh yeah I forgot, revert the asteroid back to the original one with gold enemies and stuff. Removing that was an unnecessary nerf to Team Rose and Metal Sonic who got wrecked even harder in this update.

Buyable characters are probably the biggest change that needs to happen that's been around the longest. Even if it was expensive or hell, required real money instead of RSR, it'd be better than this stupid wheel.

I still don't have a problem with lives, they're so easy to get.

• Thumbs Up 2

The "Watch-An-Ad-To-Revive" button never works for me anymore. Once the ad's done, the game completely freezes and I have to restart the app.

• Thumbs Up 1

Buddies/Companions no longer collect animals for you. I thought this was a nice mechanic and it's a shame it was removed

Then i would have collected every animal with o papa. For small buddies, probably.

I broke my personal record with 156 million in about 50 minutes.

image.thumb.jpg.5d6377addd60b9779c766e58

My characters that I used are ESP Silver & Rouge, and my buddies that I used are Lv.5 King Boom Boo & Lv.5 Mother Wisp.

yes, now the last 25 go down :/ 

Actually, I think the problem is that it's now based on high score instead of total score. (As my total score is 20).

This is one of the reasons why death zone was a good idea. At the moment, people lucky enough to have the Halloween characters/buddies can get a massive score. Death Zone made things more even. 

But actually, the real problem is all the changes they have made. Before it was fun little game to kill a few spare minutes. All these changes have turned it into a big commitment. I've been an avid player since the soft launch, but I can see myself losing interest as they made it too much of chore.