Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I feel its also worth pointing out that tomoya ohtani composed almost the entire lost world soundtrack and a good chunk of colours and unleashed. 

Ohtani's music is probably the best thing that's come from the game. That and having more than just Sonic playable for the first time in a decade XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody is forcing you to spend money to play the game. I can understand characters being hard to get but you're pretty much doing exactly what I'm talking about. I mean completing episodes and stuff never really did anything in the first place. But instead we have this:

I'm saying this screaming over a mobile game that was never really that impressive to start makes y'all look fuckin' crazy.

Just throwing this in:

Sonic Runners is the ONLY title from the main cannon we got in 2 years. (Except for Re-Releases).

I stopped playing the game for quite a while now. I'm still checking if there are updates daily (I'm a news reporter, I kinda have to), but I don't care about the rest of it too much anymore, since SEGA decided to screw everything up.

And Shaddy, before continuing this discussion, you should reach episode 50 first. Have fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just throwing this in:

Sonic Runners is the ONLY title from the main cannon we got in 2 years. (Except for Re-Releases).

I stopped playing the game for quite a while now. I'm still checking if there are updates daily (I'm a news reporter, I kinda have to), but I don't care about the rest of it too much anymore, since SEGA decided to screw everything up.

Okay and what is that supposed to make a difference for? Sonic Labyrinth is part of the main canon, too. We don't have to care intently about anything in there just because it's there. How hard is it to just wait for the next entry in the series? Look at Megaman fans. Look at fucking Half-Life fans. It's been nearly a decade since they got anything new, period. But 2 years is too long? Please.

Just throwing this in:

And Shaddy, before continuing this discussion, you should reach episode 50 first. Have fun.

oh that's weird, I could have sworn I got that far weeks ago.

Probably because I did. And I've been in the fifties for a while. And I mentioned that earlier. Weird, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay and what is that supposed to make a difference for? Sonic Labyrinth is part of the main canon, too. We don't have to care intently about anything in there just because it's there. How hard is it to just wait for the next entry in the series? Look at Megaman fans. Look at fucking Half-Life fans. It's been nearly a decade since they got anything new, period. But 2 years is too long? Please.

You're comparing a series with 2 titles to a series with ... umm ... how many Sonic titles are there? Let's just say 30+ titles where we used to get 1+ titles every year (main titles + Spinoffs) (wow, that almost sounded like it's a good thing ...)

The thing is: Sonic Runners used to be a really good game back during its soft-launch. The world wide release was at least okay, we were able to understand changes they made and adjustments to the RSR rewards (there weren't many changes aside that, afaik), but with 2.0 they nerfed characters and buddies (which equals that they removed things people spent lots of money for) and basically added lots of things to make us pay for the game. It wouldn't be a big deal if it would've been there in the first place, I could've decided just not to play it, but I played this game for more than 50 hours (and that's not much compared to others) and used to like it, then 2.0 came and made me not want to play this game anymore. That's not a goal an update is supposed to achieve, updates are there to add things, to make a game better, but SEGA decided to move Sonic Runners from a Free2Play game to a Pay2Play game. The greed update, to quote DSS. 

And they didn't even try to hide the greed with the paywalls. Good, to be fair, they're removed now, but for casual Sonic Runners players (like me) they made it impossible to achieve anything without paying. I cannot understand how people can defend this, seriously.

And sorry for that episode 50 stuff, must've overread it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think what really got me annoyed just recently about the game was the Christmas event. That was a bad straw for me. I used to love the collect events because it was fun, made me want to play as much as I can, and rewarded us with stuff like the prizes, new buddies, story, stage and music. I was excited for the Christmas event because of that. But with this update, the Christmas event is just a stupid redesign of a stage. Sure, there's new characters, buddies, music and stage but they removed the whole entire concept of grinding for the new exclusive buddy, story and ranking. That completely killed it for me. What's the point in even collecting the presents if it literally won't do shit other than just give you points that go towards nothing but a score that doesn't even matter much other than regular rankings? I used to use Silver just because score didn't matter, and he's my favorite character. It was a nice break only having to worry about collecting instead of score. The fact that they did this with the event makes me feel like Sega doesn't even care (I'm sure they do, but this just makes me feel like they really don't) and it just totally killed the fun with events for me. I'm not even bothering with the event even though I know I should grind RSR. I really hope this isn't what the collect a thon events are going to be for now on because that's just stupid. I used to look forward for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're comparing a series with 2 titles to a series with ... umm ... how many Sonic titles are there? Let's just say 30+ titles where we used to get 1+ titles every year (main titles + Spinoffs) (wow, that almost sounded like it's a good thing ...)

Um, Half-Life has a total of six games, and Megaman doesn't have that many less games than Sonic. And either way, how could you get trained to the idea of a new Sonic game every year but not any other games? Is Sonic the only series you follow?

That's not a goal an update is supposed to achieve, updates are there to add things, to make a game better, but SEGA decided to move Sonic Runners from a Free2Play game to a Pay2Play game. The greed update, to quote DSS. 

Okay, WHAT ARE THESE THINGS? I keep asking this and getting the answer of "they made us pay for this" or whatever. I have also been playing the game, since the worldwide launch. What are these things that you're talking about and why have I never encountered one of them if they're so apparently awful?

And they didn't even try to hide the greed with the paywalls. Good, to be fair, they're removed now, but for casual Sonic Runners players (like me) they made it impossible to achieve anything without paying. I cannot understand how people can defend this, seriously.

Because there's nothing left to offend, maybe? Is this the way fixing bugs or mismatched design pieces work for you, where the fact that any issue that was quickly fixed and barely experienced by anyone existed at all is enough to fault a product that continues not to have it? How far does it go until we're faulting games for ideas they had when they were still in development, and the notion that anyone thought of a bad design choice is enough to make or break a complete product for you?

And they didn't even try to hide the greed with the paywalls. 

but they were removed right? So that argument is now invalid.

I didnt pay for a thing yet.

Any performance problems i just took it that sonic is way too fast for my phone :p. 

Any performance problems i just took it that sonic is way too fast for my phone :p. 

Yeah, they're gone, but the fact that they added them shows the nature of what they are trying to do, look at the event rewards, there is none, and to get the buddie to max level would take 110 victories.(days)

Edited by Hundjäger18

Okay but did anyone think from the start that this wasn't a cash-in game made to get money out of people like the other 3 mobile Sonic titles we have, and in some respects even the main games? If that's the case, I'm writing it off as sheer ignorance rather than overreaction.

Oh man the new music is so awesome. I'm not playing this game at all so I'm not feeling the agony and existential crises that some of you are experiencing over this mobile game, but I can sit back and enjoy the music on Youtube anyway !

• Thumbs Up 8

Okay but did anyone think from the start that this wasn't a cash-in game made to get money out of people like the other 3 mobile Sonic titles we have, and in some respects even the main games? If that's the case, I'm writing it off as sheer ignorance rather than overreaction.

if youre talking about dash and fever, those don't have limited time stuff, and you can buy characters and chaos with RSR, you don't have to bother paying at all.

On dash to unlock characters you just have to play when they're on an event, I think they stay forever in fever but you have a limited time to unlock them by playing with them, if the time is up you can always buy them with RSR.

On Runners they change it each time to make sure you don't get enough RSR, and it has limited time buddies and characters, so you are most likely going to pay if you want to get them or to level them up, when in dash and fever the updates do the opposite, they give more RSR, and everything stays forever for you to unlock.

I don't know about fever because I used a trick to get everything and never played again (deleted it for space)  but on dash you can just get everything, stop playing and maybe just play 2 times a day for the challenges and RSR.

Edited by Hundjäger18

Okay but you aren't forced to take part in limited time event stuff. I'm not going to fault TF2 for having buyable hats just because Splatoon has hats that you don't have to pay extra for.

Okay but you aren't forced to take part in limited time event stuff. I'm not going to fault TF2 for having buyable hats just because Splatoon has hats that you don't have to pay extra for.

of course, no one is forcing us, but it still hurts players with them being limited, given how the ones that got them all have an advantage, like Nights (regular), Soft launch buddies, Opa-opa, a lot of buddies that are the best of the best, and we couldn't get them because: 

-we didn't play on soft launch.

-couldn't get enough RSR to spin.

Edited by Hundjäger18

Oh yeah, they're removed. That's right.

But after they removed them they "adjusted" the episode reward and the score you need to complete an episode by the factor 10, I guess. (Or was it 5? Not sure)

So, no, not really invalid.

I got an RC monkey today. Is it a good buddy to have? I've been using the same two buddies since I started playing(red monster I think it's called and baby indigo) and I like them. But eventually I'll switch them out with something else.

Just because no one has said it already:

-YOU CAN NOW LIMIT SMASH THE TEAM CHAOTIX

(just limit smash, not buy)

No idea if its by a limited time, they're (other than Amy and team easy) the only team you can limit smash outside of the roulette, some people noticed this 2 days ago I think, the twitter account for Runners hasn't announce anything so go get them to lv10 if you can.

If takes 2550 RSR or 25,5million rings (total) to get ONE of them to lv10.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just because no one has said it already:

-YOU CAN NOW LIMIT SMASH THE TEAM CHAOTIX

(just limit smash, not buy)

No idea if its by a limited time, they're (other than Amy and team easy) the only team you can limit smash outside of the roulette, some people noticed this 2 days ago I think, the twitter account for Runners hasn't announce anything so go get them to lv10 if you can.

If takes 2550 RSR or 25,5million rings (total) to get ONE of them to lv10.

Well duh, if no one mentioned it by now it was because it's not worth mentioning. Who has 2550 RSR/25.5m rings to spend? (and on one character) emoticonLaughing.gif 

But we should thank Sega for giving us the option to spend $120+ to max out one of the Chaotix characters.

6 hours ago, Merry Merry Yuigahama said:

Well duh, if no one mentioned it by now it was because it's not worth mentioning. Who has 2550 RSR/25.5m rings to spend? (and on one character) emoticonLaughing.gif 

But we should thank Sega for giving us the option to spend $120+ to max out one of the Chaotix characters.

I had 14millions saved (was going to use them on Amy), now I have charmy lv6 <3

I just hope this stays like that forever, I still need a lot more to get it to lv10.

On 29/12/2015 at 11:05 AM, ebongrey23 said:

I got an RC monkey today. Is it a good buddy to have? I've been using the same two buddies since I started playing(red monster I think it's called and baby indigo) and I like them. But eventually I'll switch them out with something else.

Technically if the buddy is rare its better. Do you have other buddies?

I would switch out baby indigo if my character does not have a long duration for indigo colour power. 

But if your character is levelled up then keep it.

If your baby indigo is of higher lvl then keep it.

• Thumbs Up 1