Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

42 minutes ago, Hogfather said:

Anyone able to confirm that?

I can confirm it's no longer in the US Apple App Store. However, it's still available in other regions such as UK.

US (Dead, redirects you to the iTunes Store if you have iTunes installed to tell you it's unavailable_:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonic-runners/id953019873?mt=8

While UK, CAN and JPN regions:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sonic-runners/id953019873?mt=8 

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/sonic-runners/id953019873?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/sonic-runners/id953019873?mt=8 ...works.

• Thumbs Up 3

46 minutes ago, Hogfather said:

Anyone able to confirm that?

I can, Hogs. As far as the US Google Play Store is concerned, Sonic Runners appears to really have been removed outright. Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom is still available to download, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SEGA

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Komodin said:

I can, Hogs. As far as the US Google Play Store is concerned, Sonic Runners appears to really have been removed outright. Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom is still available to download, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SEGA

Sonic Runners in Google Play was never under the developer "SEGA". The game is/was put under the developer name of "SEGA Corporation".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SEGA+CORPORATION

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2016/01/sonic-runners-removed-from-the-us-itunes-store/

Article's up! Thank you all for your help in checking the stores and such. :)

Edit: Wait, is it up on the US Google Play store or not? I'm in Canada so it seemingly shows the Canadian page by default? Because I see it in Ming Ming's link.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2016/01/sonic-runners-removed-from-the-us-itunes-store/

Article's up! Thank you all for your help in checking the stores and such. :)

Edit: Wait, is it up on the US Google Play store or not? I'm in Canada so it seemingly shows the Canadian page by default? Because I see it in Ming Ming's link.

This is what I see:

0UtTmLB.png

But any other region, Sonic Runners is listed there.

Anyway, thanks for crediting us in your article! =D Oh and by the way, this isn't new. There is a reason why it's taken off the US App Stores this weekend, but it usually reappears on Monday. I've seen this happen before with different apps and music.

This doesn't mean Sega is fixing the game or taking down the game, otherwise the game would have disappeared on *all* regions.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

According to a tweet made by someone at TSSZ, the game's been off the App/Play Store since at least yesterday. https://mobile.twitter.com/tssznews/status/685342649793003520

Yeah, Friday is the last working day in the office for Sega. It'll return on Monday, I bet my hat on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

It could be a licensing issue if it's just the US, but that's just baseless thoughts I've had.

Still, the game's probably been put on the backburner since around the Halloween event just because they're lack of communication on the Runners_JP twitter. Much less effort goes in to their updates to the point they don't even update anymore until after the game implements new features (Such as no promo art or preview of Werehog, when all others bar the Halloween and Christmas characters got special renders).

I guess the 25th anniversary game's taking their time up now, and Runners is still being supported because people still spend enough money on it for it to remain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is unverified.

“Hello,

The Sonic Runners app has been temporarily removed from the app store while the team performs maintenence on the app. Unfortunately, I don’t have a definite date as to when the app will return to the US store, but hopefully it will be back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.”

So... why is it still on other stores?

• Thumbs Up 1

There's a ring campaign going on at the moment. Its not in the notifications but remember to equip your ring related buddies.

Starting today I haven't been able to use the free ad revive. I'll hit it and either the ad doesn't play and the game crashes, or the ad will play but I'll just be kicked out of the level and it'll tally up my score as if my run ended. Could this be because of maintenance? I haven't had any problem like this before.

But it's strange that the whole thing isn't down.

It happens to others as well the issue with free revives. That's unity's ad system that's just not running properly. Still it is something they should be able to fix.

Also why is it "maintenance" when the game is still downloadable and functioning in every othet country?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, SuperAj3 said:

It happens to others as well the issue with free revives. That's unity's ad system that's just not running properly. Still it is something they should be able to fix.

Also why is it "maintenance" when the game is still downloadable and functioning in every othet country?

Because Sega.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just want to ask. How do you usually die as power type? When i first started, i died trying to get to the top route. Now, i die from spindashes and poorly aimed second jumps. Occasionally i still die from loss of control after wisps.

speaking of spindash, theres a speed type section that ends with a spindash on the top route. There is another section that uses the cannon to destroy enemies on the bottom route that ends with a spindash. 

1 rsr is easier to earn than 100,000 rings do i use rsr or regular rings for limit breaking?

9 hours ago, caseykz said:

I just want to ask. How do you usually die as power type? When i first started, i died trying to get to the top route. Now, i die from spindashes and poorly aimed second jumps. Occasionally i still die from loss of control after wisps.

speaking of spindash, theres a speed type section that ends with a spindash on the top route. There is another section that uses the cannon to destroy enemies on the bottom route that ends with a spindash. 

1 rsr is easier to earn than 100,000 rings do i use rsr or regular rings for limit breaking?

as Power Types? I'd die because I'd miss timing for a dash attack and hit an enemy then fall in a pit. Sometimes I'm either a little too early of it'd lag.

Also, use rings, seeing as grinding rings isn't that hard, and there are easier ways to get rings like through facebook.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SuperAj3 said:

as Power Types? I'd die because I'd miss timing for a dash attack and hit an enemy then fall in a pit. Sometimes I'm either a little too early of it'd lag.

Also, use rings, seeing as grinding rings isn't that hard, and there are easier ways to get rings like through facebook.

Are you referring to the vulnerable bit after the second jump/dash? Sometimes i think the top route is safer than the bottom. Lag is pretty heavy using a phone. I switched to tablet recently.

Rings as in red star rings or regular gold rings?

Here's the dilemma. Rsr can be used for events and limited edition stuff. But it is easier to earn than 100,000 rings, even with ring campaign. At the same time, i have a pretty strong urge to go level up my characters. 

As for facebook, currently no one i know plays this game and i will feel guilty if i send invitations right now. Maybe next year.

A new buddy idea: wisps are disabled but shields/magnets/invincibility/rsr spawn x% more frequently, that would be 4 separate rare-super rare buddies.

So my game downloaded a new update today and... No more ads!? One or two will still pop-up, but you can close them right way. The only downside is no longer free retry, you'll always have to spend red rings to keep on going.

12 hours ago, caseykz said:

Are you referring to the vulnerable bit after the second jump/dash? Sometimes i think the top route is safer than the bottom. Lag is pretty heavy using a phone. I switched to tablet recently.

Rings as in red star rings or regular gold rings?

Here's the dilemma. Rsr can be used for events and limited edition stuff. But it is easier to earn than 100,000 rings, even with ring campaign. At the same time, i have a pretty strong urge to go level up my characters. 

As for facebook, currently no one i know plays this game and i will feel guilty if i send invitations right now. Maybe next year.

A new buddy idea: wisps are disabled but shields/magnets/invincibility/rsr spawn x% more frequently, that would be 4 separate rare-super rare buddies.

- yes

- Regular Rings. I use RSR to refer to the Red ones with a star in the centre. "Rings" are just the golden ones.

- It's not meant to be easy to grind rings or RSR, but if you want to star rank characters, go for Chaotix. Unless you're trying to unlock everyone then focus on those 3.

- Join the facebook groups for Sonic Runners. So many people there send friend requests

- Ehh, Buddies in the game wouldn't disable an item, but I do think there should be one that boosts all item effect times by maybe 1.5 seconds per level. 

Well, it seems that Espio, Charmy and Vector are now directly purchaseable with 200 Red Star Rings or 2 million Gold Rings! That's a very good thing, since their boost in Ring Bonus makes them ideal for Timed Mode!

I'll see if I can now stand a chance at getting promoted in the Timed league.

It means chaotix is permanently purchasable. Thats good news. 

The new buddies though. Is the first one same as heavy bomb except no flicky? They are not good for score runs. Now if i want to stay on the bottom route forever with a different type for laughs then maybe.

I think they are buffering for sticks. Let us save up a bit.

On January 17, 2016 at 11:29 AM, SuperAj3 said:

- yes

- Regular Rings. I use RSR to refer to the Red ones with a star in the centre. "Rings" are just the golden ones.

- It's not meant to be easy to grind rings or RSR, but if you want to star rank characters, go for Chaotix. Unless you're trying to unlock everyone then focus on those 3.

- Join the facebook groups for Sonic Runners. So many people there send friend requests

- Ehh, Buddies in the game wouldn't disable an item, but I do think there should be one that boosts all item effect times by maybe 1.5 seconds per level. 

I probably will get Big first i think. Then i would have completed team easy. But i want that chao walker (sigh).

i think wizard chao is what you want. Does nothing to wisps though.