Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Changed my mind. Sorry about that.

How come Chip does not collect items when he collects those? Why does it not go to your item storage?

Has this been released in Europe yet?

Not yet. It's still only Canada and Japan

Not yet. It's still only Canada and Japan

What? Why haven't they released this over here yet? Seems pretty stupid to me.

What? Why haven't they released this over here yet? Seems pretty stupid to me.

It's called a soft launch.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's called a soft launch.

How long has it been out in Canada and Japan though? Makes sense to release a nifty smartphone game like this pretty quickly across all the regions.

How long has it been out in Canada and Japan though? Makes sense to release a nifty smartphone game like this pretty quickly across all the regions.

About 2 months. Maybe 2 and a half?

A soft-launch can take a long time. even SEGA stated it in their FAQ page.

So please, have patience.

Oh, I'm happy to wait :) . I just don't know why they haven't released it over here yet. What's the reasoning behind a soft-launch?

Changed my mind. Sorry about that.

There's absolutely no harm in telling us what you thought you'd found out, even if it has now turned out that you were mistaken. Either that, or it looks like you were lying from the get-go.

How come Chip does not collect items when he collects those? Why does it not go to your item storage?

Uh...

What?

Chip just gives you an extra boost along the end of the stage once you die. He can't use the items (and has a permanent magnet effect) so it would be useless for him to collect them. On top of that, the items you have in storage are different to the ones you find in game; they last about twice as long. You're expecting a bit much. Chip is designed to net you extra points and rings.

Oh, I'm happy to wait :) . I just don't know why they haven't released it over here yet? What's the reasoning behind a soft-launch?

Basically it's so that they can figure out how to make the most money from the game by incentivising people to use the in-app purchases, iron out any bugs and refine the mechanics. If you have an iOS device, you can create a Canadian account to get it. And if you have an Android device, you can just download the .apk. It's totally legal, so don't worry about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Soft-Launching is kind of like a Beta?

Sort of. The main difference is that a soft-launch is more or less the final game, whereas a beta is very much a work in progress. While improvements will be made and certain things changed, there won't be any particularly dramatic changes.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's absolutely no harm in telling us what you thought you'd found out, even if it has now turned out that you were mistaken. Either that, or it looks like you were lying from the get-go.

How to skip levels according to him. Going off memory so some bits might be wrong, but this was it in a nutshell.

Incidentally I was actually going to try this out on andy just to see what it would do since your post about the lag on andy got me curious, but anyway... here is what you must do.

1: Your game must be very laggy or else it won't work.

2: Play a stage up until Eggman/just start (can't quite remember this bit).

3: Play the tutorial as Sonic.

4: What will happen now is that the game will get super laggy (This ironically read almost exactly like your post about playing on Andy Droid).

5: You have now skipped the stage.

6: It probably won't work unless you are super laggy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am sure somebody saw the post. They probably can tell you anyway if they memorized the glitch. I felt bad posting that there. Mainly because I felt people were rude to me.

I am sure somebody saw the post. They probably can tell you anyway if they memorized the glitch. I felt bad posting that there. Mainly because I felt people were rude to me.

No offence but it isn't exactly being rude because people asked you to post details of the glitch. As I said, it's down to the simple fact of proof or you're talking bullshit. If you're telling the truth, it shouldn't be asking much for you to post details. But you kept trying to change the subject, making it look even more like you're lying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mate, either you post something and say "whoops, nevermind I was mistaken" or you do yourself no favours. Claiming you have discovered a cheat code or glitch or whatever and then refusing to tell anyone make you sound like a kid on the playground 'whose uncle works for SEGA'.

Fortunately, Hogfather did see your post before you deleted the explanation. And it sounds plausible enough in fact. I just don't get why you couldn't say anything in the first place, or now even. 

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with my total score when the rankings reset. I barely managed to knock ZeroP off third place at the last minute :P

17696808251_95bb82baf2_c.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mate, either you post something and say "whoops, nevermind I was mistaken" or you do yourself no favours. Claiming you have discovered a cheat code or glitch or whatever and then refusing to tell anyone make you sound like a kid on the playground 'whose uncle works for SEGA'.

Fortunately, Hogfather did see your post before you deleted the explanation. And it sounds plausible enough in fact. I just don't get why you couldn't say anything in the first place, or now even.

I not going to let people bully me okay. Because it is that tone right there that turns me off than. Saying those things is not going to push me to put the details for either. It seems like people are insulted that I found the trick and not nobody else. Yes I told you somebody memorized it. Anyway forget that it ever happened.

I not going to let people bully me okay. Because it is that tone right there that turns me off than. Saying those things is not going to push me to put the details for either. It seems like people are insulted that I found the trick and not nobody else. Yes I told you somebody memorized it. Anyway forget that it ever happened.

No. One. Is. Bullying. You. I mean seriously? Seriously? How the hell is anyone bullying you? You posted that you knew some cheat to skip hard parts of the game. We asked for evidence. You decided to attempt a subject change when questioned. You were asked again, you attempted to change the subject ONCE again. Then finally, you tell everyone how to do it, only to remove it a few minutes later and then claim everyone bullied you?

It comes down to proof or nothing. You give no proof, the other option is to admit you lied. You give proof, and we'll see the glitch is for real. Don't start complaining and trying to claim people bullied you because you had to eat a piece of humble pie.

• Thumbs Up 4

ZeroP you need to be my master man. I will then surpass you and you'll say "You are now ready my child. Farewell."

xD I suposse you already know them but here you have some advices  ;)

1) Play always as a speed character. Even if the stage doesn't match with your type I always get better results with a speed character.

2) Get your character to level 100. That will help you to get better scores and to improve your habilities through every stage thanks to the powered up items.

3) I recommend to spend red star rings only in events because during them they usually promotes some specific companions and it will be much more easily to get them. Then, when you maxed them out, you'll start to get special eggs and eventually being able to spin the special roulette where you get always a rare or a S companion.

4) Pay attention to each route bonus. If you are in a 100%/150% route score bonus, play only in Windy Hill stage (close and start the game until then). Then buy the score bonus, backup character and spring items and, depending on what companions you have, use another 3 items. For example, when I use Merlina and Sharha companions I use magnet item, laser and asteroid wisps.

5) Only use your red start rings in 4) cases and when you want to make a high score.

6) Start leveling up your 2nd character. It will be a great help to improve your scores.

7) In Eggman stages our priority is beating him without losing to get a special egg. Buy the backup character and use 2 wisps and the invincibility item. Caliburn and Wizard Chao companions are the best choices during Eggman fights. Use your red star ring if it's necesary.

8) Spin the free roulette and complete the daily challenge everyday.

And then ...

62249032.jpg

EXTRA) During the 3rd speed of each stage, if you are lucky you will encounter with 2 asteroids wisps. We'll able to fly to a bunch of golden badniks and there we'll have 2 options: the best one is to fly trough them to later collect the animals, and the other option is to go under them to ALWAYS find another asteroid wisp  ^_^

In my case I use Sonic Lv.100 and Tails Lv.95 (I have no extra characters) and I use Rappy + Skull Chao to complete each episode, and Merlina + Sharha to set high scores.

I would love to have a 2nd speed character like Amy to improve even more. It would be awesome to have 2 "Rose" characters and maxed out Rappy + Skull Chao  :P

• Thumbs Up 2

To add a bit to the Eggman tips: If you do die against him, you can quit the game and maintain your perfect bonus (you lose your challenge token and anything collected during the battle, but that's not an issue). On Android, do this by tapping the recent apps button, and swiping Runners off the screen.

• Thumbs Up 5

I should have tried to get Espio when I had the chance. I didn't know Amy cannot be unlocked under iOS due to bug.

Please Sega fix this mess.

I should have tried to get Espio when I had the chance. I didn't know Amy cannot be unlocked under iOS due to bug.

Please Sega fix this mess.

srsly the chaotix campaign was such a letdown

It ran for two weeks and I wasn't lucky enough to even get Charmy. Plus I can't even unlock Amy. Granted, I'd be using an exploit to get Amy, it's still lame. At least now I've got 3 level 5 companions that you can get from eggs (Wizard Chao, Balloon, Baby Drill) that I stand a chance at getting a few Special Eggs.

Actually on the subject of Special Eggs, why are they Eggs? It's a bit confusing to collect 10 Special Eggs that don't hatch but instead net you a chance to spin for a regular Rare or Super Rare Egg. Wouldn't something like a Roulette Tokens make more sense?

And there goes my hopes that they might have announced the full launch details.

Also, Metal Sonic is needed for Runners, especially since he hasn't been playable in a mobile game yet.

And there goes my hopes that they might have announced the full launch details.

Also, Metal Sonic is needed for Runners, especially since he hasn't been playable in a mobile game yet.

Don't forget Sonic 4 Episode Metal. As much as you may want to forget it, it still exists.

What is that on screen thumb icon in that image? 

When I look on the trailer on youtube it doesn't have that.