Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

No, I do think realistically. If we can get characters like Mephiles, I.E one of the villains from a game most people hate, and a villain most people see as unsuited for the entire series in general, I think at this point it's fair to say any Sonic character could be possible. Team Freedom could be under ideally, but Rouges and Old School have a good chance at this point.

That would require Sega of Japan to care about Archie. And they've made it clear they have no interest in bringing back the retired characters. But the Rogues stand a decent chance.

Yeah only the Babylon Rogues on that list is realistic. The others, Sonic Team Japan doesn't care about them.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Team Old School (Bonus: +50% ring bonus, +50% RSR chance bonus)

Team Rouges (+50% Distance Bonus, +50% Animal Bonus, and uses their hoverboards in game)

Team Freedom (+100% RSR Chance bonus, +20% Ring Bonus)

Nope. Nobody gets to undermine team chaotix and team wild like that. NOBODY.

Also team babylon should have rsr chances increased. They hunt treasure like its their job. 

I would love to see the Rouges as playable characters in Runners, Wave being able to randomly fly would probably look really goofy.

For those who still play it-or have run from it because of the gameplay- Sonic Runners is one of the games that seems to please little, suffer from horrible stutters or simply hates you (Just spin the roulette and watch your dreams die). But I, Flare shall help save you from the horrible messups.

For those of you who suffer from the rage quits of stutter kills, it's not the app's fault. It's your phone's. Sonic runners is barely compatible with some phones, so that's reason 1. The second reason is that Sonic Runners need's from 1 to about 400 MB of RAM. So don't cry if you freeze and miss all Eggman's rings.

Tip two seems pretty easy but people don't notice it. For those who suffer from the ridiculous amount of file space wasted (1.60 GB) just hit the Clear Cache button right at the start of the app. This will actually destroy every file and will have to re-download all of its files. Don't worry though, save progress, red rings, regular rings, and characters won't be gone. There's also another version of doing this which is just deleting the folder com.sega.sonic runners but it's risky and might force you to have to play the tutorial stage all over and even might result in ACTUALLY STARTING OVER.

Well, that's all I got for Sonic Runners. If you need anymore tips on other games just reply and state the game

7 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

For those of you who suffer from the rage quits of stutter kills, it's not the app's fault. It's your phone's. Sonic runners is barely compatible with some phones, so that's reason 1. The second reason is that Sonic Runners need's from 1 to about 400 MB of RAM. So don't cry if you freeze and miss all Eggman's rings.

Tip two seems pretty easy but people don't notice it. For those who suffer from the ridiculous amount of file space wasted (1.60 GB) just hit the Clear Cache button right at the start of the app. This will actually destroy every file and will have to re-download all of its files. Don't worry though, save progress, red rings, regular rings, and characters won't be gone. There's also another version of doing this which is just deleting the folder com.sega.sonic runners but it's risky and might force you to have to play the tutorial stage all over and even might result in ACTUALLY STARTING OVER.

How is everything you said not the fault of the app? 

I shouldn't have to manually clear the cache of old junk files, there should be some mechanism in each update which does that. 

The game is unoptimised and unpolished, especially on android which has blatantly had no optimisation, all they probably did was hit "Render as Android" in whatever game engine they made it in. It's an endless Runner it really shouldn't perform as badly as it does.

• Thumbs Up 2

True, there should be some kind of auto delete and the redownload process is the most infuriating of all for people like myself who go day-by-day surviving on the slowest of internet, but until SEGA actually accepts an idea from the people thathat won't be fixed.

Second Hogfather, the RAM issue is not their fault. This game needs the RAM to make the game run smoother. You can't expect Runners to go the speed of light on a limit of 50 mb or 100 mb. This game might take a pretty big dump on our feelings for the RAM that's beING stolen from us but face it, this game isn't perfect, but it's not obsolete, not unpolished, and SEGA is trying. Give em a chance (But when I got the notification that you quoted I almost dropped dead with pleasure).

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Damnit, I accidentaly got Sticks on my free spin... I want Metal...

You should have waited till drop rates returned to normal. Hey at least daily challenges are easier, if you dont have amy.

35 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

I agree. Even on apple, older devices also have a lot of lag. Newer ones have almost none. Applies to android too. I tried on my relatives' devices. Im not that rich.

Btw, welcome to the community. We already had numerous pages of complaining about roulette so don't bother.

A redownload process sounds painful. Im quite happy with the current starting load screen. I think if you clear the cache after an event it would be more effective.

20 minutes ago, caseykz said:

20 minutes ago, caseykz said:

You should have waited till drop rates returned to normal. Hey at least daily challenges are easier, if you dont have amy.

I agree. Even on apple, older devices also have a lot of lag. Newer ones have almost none. Applies to android too. I tried on my relatives' devices. Im not that rich.

Btw, welcome to the community. We already had numerous pages of complaining about roulette so don't bother.

A redownload process sounds painful. Im quite happy with the current starting load screen. I think if you clear the cache after an event it would be more effective.

Yeah the redownload hurts you, but I just let it stack up and then destroy it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember I played Sonic Runners on an old iPhone 4s 2 weeks before I sold it. Has a A5 chip that is dual-core (first for iPhones) and has 512MB of RAM.

Runners on it runs like crap. Laggy and slow it was. However still, it was JUST about playable as there is no freezing so you can just about get use to it.

On iPhone 5, MASSIVE difference. A6 chip it has with a faster processor and 1GB of RAM. Runners played fine on it.

So yes, it's not Sega's fault. Like it's not their fault if you can't run Lost World on your PC when your specs are below minimum requirements.

But still, games can be poorly optimized for Android. Like I got a work phone which is a Motorola Nexus 6, which has 3GB of RAM. I tried to play Dash 2 on it, it runs 30FPS (which is worse than the iOS version that runs 60) and has freezing (which never happened while I played it on my iPad or my iPhone).

Found a new bug to it. Just go to timed mode and run out of time with Chip. Turns out the app doesn't know either to give you time or not.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-00-42-51.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, flaresakithasol said:

Found a new bug to it. Just go to timed mode and run out of time with Chip. Turns out the app doesn't know either to give you time or not.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-00-42-51.png

Did you report? The game still works right? What happens if you do free ad revive? 

If its not exploitable and doesn't crash the game, it will take a while to fix. 

It's still playable, it's just the message. Just wanted to post the messup. But it's weird how Sonic Team never noticed this while beta testing it.

2 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

It's still playable, it's just the message. Just wanted to post the messup. But it's weird how Sonic Team never noticed this while beta testing it.

Not sure if you're new to this game or not, but since it's launch last February, there have been many, MANY bugs and errors with spelling/text in general. I kinda think they rush through and don't test it, because they've had 3 game breaking bugs so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

Found another (-_-)

You'd think it would load it while I'm in the stage, huh.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-05-47-43.png

Yeah that grey chao is just a placeholder image, not a bug. But still, the game shouldn't need to load a loading screen XD It's weird

I can't get a moving screenshot so this one doesn't have one, but I'm noticing a recurring glitch that when you land on a short platform while boosting or if you land almost on the edge while flying as tails you go straight downward and there's a huge risk of dying. Anybody getting this too? 

Edited by flaresakithasol
Mistakes

35 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Seems Sonic Runners isn't considered a big enough seller judging from this?

Oh wow. This is sad. Runners did start with heaps of promise and excitement, but you could kinda tell they didn't care much for it. There were a lot of bugs, and not much in terms of frequent updates. I kinda wish they kept their care from the soft launch days, back when events were frequent, rewards were plentiful and there was genuine excitement.

I do play Mongia and Yumeiro Cast (considered "Hits" on the chart there), and they're much more generous with free spins and have frequent events and updates, so there's more pull to play.

It's this roulette nonsense that killed all the fun. They should have just let players purchase characters out right.

2.0 made things worse, as the leveling up/limit break turned the game into a chore. 

They should have made the characters and buddies more balanced. Once you've got a level 10 Vector and a strong pair of Ring buddies, there's no need to bother with anything else. 

• Thumbs Up 5

We already had this roulette and ver 1 argument. Im not going through this again. 

Users giving up on it and everything is depressing but this is still my favourite app. 

Dear SEGA:

Puyo is doing better than Sonic right now

Please port

kthanks

Love,

Everyone with a soul

• Thumbs Up 7