Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I wonder when Sonic Team will make the next update.. If it gets another update. Support for this game has felt dead for months. And yet the Android version still lags like hell, there's no Google Play cloud saving, no full screen support, that "Apponent" typo. It's like they've given up. Part of me is not surprised as it's considered a failure, but they could at least give it one last big update. :/ 

• Thumbs Up 1

Team Sonic: Sonic (S), Tails (F), Knuckles (P)

Team Rose : Amy (S), ??? (F), Blaze (P)

Team Chaotix: Espio (S), Charmy (F), Vector (P)

Team Dark: Shadow (S), Rouge (F), ??? (P)

Team Easy: Silver (S), Cream (F), Big (P)

Team Mech: Metal (S), ??? (F), Omega (P)

Team Wild: Sticks (S), Tikal (F), Werehog (P)

Team Future: Mephiles (S), ESP Silver (F), ??? (P)

That's this list updated. Credit to the person who made it.

Edit: Credit goes to Mightyray for the list.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Arranos said:

Team Sonic: Sonic (S), Tails (F), Knuckles (P)

Team Rose : Amy (S), ??? (F), Blaze (P)

Team Chaotix: Espio (S), Charmy (F), Vector (P)

Team Dark: Shadow (S), Rouge (F), ??? (P)

Team Easy: Silver (S), Cream (F), Big (P)

Team Mech: Metal (S), ??? (F), Omega (P)

Team Wild: Sticks (S), Tikal (F), Werehog (P)

Team Future: Mephiles (S), ESP Silver (F), ??? (P)

That's this list updated. Credit to the person who made it.

That would be me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well I did 21 spins and 2 special spins and got three characters that I don't want. I got ESP Sliver, Tikal and Rogue. But I wanted Mephiles or Shadow or Omega. Tails to limit break him again. But my brother spins 2 times and gets what do you know Mephiles!! But I have to say at lest I got to play as him. ? I'm happy I got 3 new characters it's just not what I wanted. ?

This roulette omg

I played the game after like 3 months to try to get Mephiles. Nothing but dissapointment and sadness. Whoever's bright idea at Sega was to put a roulette in this game is the biggest asshole in history omg. I love Sonic so much but omg I can't with this game.

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, I'd like to nominate the Premium Roulette as Sonic Team's most idiotic design choice to date.

Why can't they realize that more people would be inclined to spend money if they could just buy the characters they want? I'd be willing to put down a few bucks for Sticks and Metal Sonic! (Or I would, if the game didn't frequently crash) Right now, I'm near 200 Red Rings, but I've learned that wasting them on a less-than-1% chance of getting someone I want just isn't worth it.

This is why I play Sonic Dash 2 much more often: It's far more stable, and you can unlock everything worthwhile without ever spending a penny.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'd be willing to put down a few bucks for Sticks and Metal Sonic!

Seems you & I want the exact same characters. I've been spinning a few times every week after the 2.0 update... and all I've gotten so far was Espio. :Y

I mean I'm happy I have at least got couple I wanted, AKA Blaze & Tikal. But I feel I'm not quite done with this game until I get Metal-Sonic & Sticks.

22 hours ago, AshGreninJovan said:

It makes sense that Mephiles doesn't deserve to be a Power-Type character because his attacks are mostly ranged ones, and he's a Speed/Future-Type character. He is really a time-traveler.

Speaking about Solaris, it has its new title, "Solaris the Sun God". Well, that's kinda wierd. I like the old title "Solaris, the Flame of Hope" more than the new one.

Yeah, but him being speed removes the possibility of a speed type blaze, then again he(it?) Is the last character/content so far, no idea what happens on April 1(Webber!! Jk).

Well, solaris was considered the sun god by the people of soleanna, based on the info in the banner, the flame of hope(as we know it at the end of the game) was tortured (used in experiments) to get control over it, and that's why the accident happened. (Like, for real, how was I gonna know that it was the flame it self being used if it doesn't show up until the end?) Kind of makes sense now. But that's just my opinion about it.

Sorry to go off topic but since this is the sonic runners thread I might as well ask here. How do I fix this

Screenshot_2016-03-07-12-42-48.png

200% ring promotion is back! I've got to say now that you can buy characters (instead of having to use the Roulette), this game is waay more fun. Of course, not all the characters are for sale, but the Chaotix are and they are key to getting a good score.

@flaresakithasol

I've never seen that bug before. As a last resort, you could try reinstalling. Be sure to set a password in options before reinstalling as you need your password and Id to reinstall. 

There will be an updated version of the App on the 9th. It's good to see they are still updating it.

There's no news if it will contain anything new. 

(Hope this doesn't count as a double post, as it's a new update [rather than an addition to my previous message]). 

15 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

Sorry to go off topic but since this is the sonic runners thread I might as well ask here. How do I fix this

Screenshot_2016-03-07-12-42-48.png

Just exit the app and restart. It'll skip the boss though and you can't get the rewards. It's a common (and annoying) bug.

1 hour ago, big_smile said:

There will be an updated version of the App on the 9th. It's good to see they are still updating it.

There's no news if it will contain anything new. 

(Hope this doesn't count as a double post, as it's a new update [rather than an addition to my previous message]). 

Wheres the source? Twitter?

@flaresakithasol, good job on your grind to rank 75. Your halfway there. 

I've not played this game for months. Only it just occurred to me I no longer get push notifications for the game.

Did they axe these for everybody or is there period where you stop getting them if you've not logged in for X period of time?

^They have disappeared since at least the 2.0 update, but I'm not even sure they were still there before.

So if this game doesn't return to the US AppStore/Google Play tomorrow, they're going to lose a huge part of their players, because none of them will be able to update and play the game. Or this update finally removes the "always online"-requirement in order to not have to maintain the servers constantly anymore if they really want to cut support.

If they do add new content, I can see the following alternatives happening: Easter costumes for Team Chaotix (higher Ring Bonus), Easter Team Easy(..even slower gameplay?) or also possible, Easter Team Rose with Easter Cream and Easter Big becoming Rose Types (higher Animal Bonus). Considering Mephiles has increased drop rates until April, however, we may not get Easter costumes at all and they will add the Babylon Rogues some time in the future instead.

4 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

^They have disappeared since at least the 2.0 update, but I'm not even sure they were still there before.

So if this game doesn't return to the US AppStore/Google Play tomorrow, they're going to lose a huge part of their players, because none of them will be able to update and play the game. Or this update finally removes the "always online"-requirement in order to not have to maintain the servers constantly anymore if they really want to cut support.

If they do add new content, I can see the following alternatives happening: Easter costumes for Team Chaotix (higher Ring Bonus), Easter Team Easy(..even slower gameplay?) or also possible, Easter Team Rose with Easter Cream and Easter Big becoming Rose Types (higher Animal Bonus). Considering Mephiles has increased drop rates until April, however, we may not get Easter costumes at all and they will add the Babylon Rogues some time in the future instead.

But i like leagues :( . And timed mode. These are the only few features that keep me playing actually. Removing the servers would defeat the whole point of ver 2 update.

Plus new events usually will have a good long buffer of 2-3 weeks for you to earn rsr so it is rather unlikely. But having more than 1 character in an event is not new so maybe.

https://twitter.com/Ruki185/status/707500438086688768

They listened! We said, Frozen Factory was bad as an event, so they gave us something better. Regular stages with new background music. Yay.

And is it just me or was the free revive removed completely now?

edit: Oh, yes, they did. Wow. Missed the word "all" third Party ads. And I'm not even too surprised.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aww, mad scores on timed mode is going to be impossible now...

goodbye, my 16 win streak.

until they find new advertisers i suppose.

I'm really sad the ads have gone. It means no more video revives. But it also means that the future of this game is even more in doubt, as I'd imagine that's a big chunk of cashflow that's gone.

I guess now we know why the game was pulled from the US store. The ads must have broken some US law. 

Couldn't they have just turned off the ads for US customers (or made them optional)?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, big_smile said:

I'm really sad the ads have gone. It means no more video revives. But it also means that the future of this game is even more in doubt, as I'd imagine that's a big chunk of cashflow that's gone.

I guess now we know why the game was pulled from the US store. The ads must have broken some US law. 

Couldn't they have just turned off the ads for US customers (or made them optional)?

You're probably not from us heh.

i liked the ads. They got more intense. Like brave frontier and summoners war.

of course there were some that i didnt like...

Why does it matter? They were unbelievably broke to begin with and kept freezing up the game after just one revive.

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Why does it matter? They were unbelievably broke to begin with and kept freezing up the game after just one revive.

Not for everybody. I had pretty much no problems with them.

• Thumbs Up 3