Cola

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Okay guys, get your distanse bonus as high as possible, because Christmas NiGHTS is broken as fuck.

/edit: Oh, wait, it's no use. I forgot about that, you can't finish any level. And this is not Sonic Dash. Sorry.

what do you mean it's no use?

If you try to use this to run forever, you cant stop, because you can't die, so its not good at all. 

o.o??? I'm so confused I'm sorry.

I noticed the Eggman thing in the video, by I used Christmas NiGHTS and it didn't happen to me.

I'm still very confused...

and how is it OP? I tried using Christmas NiGHTS and I don't really notice a difference.

o.o??? I'm so confused I'm sorry.

I noticed the Eggman thing in the video, by I used Christmas NiGHTS and it didn't happen to me.

I'm still very confused...

and how is it OP? I tried using Christmas NiGHTS and I don't really notice a difference.

ruki used to think it was OP because of the bug, where you can keep running, so with a distance bonus you get high score by doing nothing, only problem, you cant die, so you cant keep the score, so its not OP.

I never had the problem, but I only used it once on quick mode, IMO the buddie is only for whoever wants the max slow speed without team easy reduction.

ruki used to think it was OP because of the bug, where you can keep running, so with a distance bonus you get high score by doing nothing, only problem, you cant die, so you cant keep the score, so its not OP.

I never had the problem, but I only used it once on quick mode, IMO the buddie is only for whoever wants the max slow speed without team easy reduction.

Aww man... And for a second I thought Christmas NiGHTS could be a good buddy too...

That sucks.

I thought it's OP, yes, but then I noticed that it doesn't help at all.

But am I really the only one who has this problem? That'd be really strange though, maybe it's because of the buddy combo (NiGHTS + Chaos)?

It is the Chao Walker, you can get it with a 10/20/... win-streak as a daily battle reward.

aw. I had a 10 win streak before i got promoted. Now its just impossible to win against these ppl. I think i should lay off timed until the competition evens out...probably until feb, or play really badly on purpose and try not to get promoted. heh.

Btw, it seems you get 3rsr instead of 1 for losing now. Otherwise it means that if you lose a lot of times you get 3 rsr.

So... there's no rewards for the Christmas event, just buddies and characters in the roulette with a new map skin in timed mode.

That's all there is right? I'm not missing anything?

So... there's no rewards for the Christmas event, just buddies and characters in the roulette with a new map skin in timed mode.

That's all there is right? I'm not missing anything?

Yeah, I don't think you're missing anything, this is it, they sure don't want players to get any RSR whatsoever.

They want us to pay for limited time buddies and characters, I wouldn't be surprised if they only let us get ONE chao walker(with 10 wins, then taking him out of the rewards).

I'm so done with this update, what do they win by having us playing only once a day?

Yeah, I don't think you're missing anything, this is it, they sure don't want players to get any RSR whatsoever.

They want us to pay for limited time buddies and characters, I wouldn't be surprised if they only let us get ONE chao walker(with 10 wins, then taking him out of the rewards).

I'm so done with this update, what do they win by having us playing only once a day?

I really enjoy the game and I was hoping this Christmas stuff would add some additions to fix up the holes in 2.0 but well, if this is what we get then I'm already starting to get bored, at least the Halloween event was fun before the 2.0 disaster

Well, with two modes now its easier for them to make ,,events'' stages for timed mode, so you can still get up in the leagues.

What do you mean? I don't think the event is helping quick mode scores, given that the stage changes of type.(but that's just my opinion)

What do you mean? I don't think the event is helping quick mode scores, given that the stage changes of type.(but that's just my opinion)

I agree, I typically manage 15 mil + in timed mode but on the event stage I find it hard to get to even 10 mil because the constant stage switching is very punishing for all the characters as their jumps and double taps don't properly line up when the stage type suddenly switches.

I guess the event is pretty and the music is pretty good though, for now I will hope that there is some amazing gift they will give out on Christmas equal to an entire event worth of rewards. Don't think I should hold my breath for that one though.

I agree, I typically manage 15 mil + in timed mode but on the event stage I find it hard to get to even 10 mil because the constant stage switching is very punishing for all the characters as their jumps and double taps don't properly line up when the stage type suddenly switches.

I guess the event is pretty and the music is pretty good though, for now I will hope that there is some amazing gift they will give out on Christmas equal to an entire event worth of rewards. Don't think I should hold my breath for that one though.

Seeing how they are taking away all the best ways to get RSR, I doubt there will be anything good on Dec. 25.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, not getting as much score as I used to. This is the worse, at this point I don't think they will let the event buddies on the roulette (like they do), so it will be, not only the nights buddies, but the event buddies leaving too.

Making Xmas event just a quick mode skin is just sad :/.

For many, hallowen/birthday/tropical events brought players back to the game for awhile to enjoy a new stage, a free SR buddy, free RSR, and now it's just a skin in a "can't wait for you to leave the game" mode. 

This is the exact extreme opposite of easter event, during soft launch, when it was the first event of them all and things weren't so bad xd.

No dialogues, no rewards and leader boards, no separate event menu, no effort at all in this update

No dialogues, no rewards and leader boards, no separate event menu, no effort at all in this update

That's actually a really good point, of all the things about this event, how is it that there is NO story at all? it's literally just an announcement of new buddies and characters with a timed mode skin.

It's only slightly more effort than the original Nights! "event" we got

Maybe it's just me but I feel like this game has lost it's sense of purpose, like why do I play Sonic runners?

Before I played it to get RSR to get new characters and buddies which would allow me to get better and the new characters and buddies would enable me to run further to get more RSR to do it all over again, just faster and I could do this as much as I wanted all day and have my time rewarded equally through out the day.

Now though, why do I play Sonic Runners? I do 1 run a day to get the daily battle high score and that's it, I was still looking forward to the events which were always fun before but if this is the new standard where it doesn't add any additional purpose to playing, then I have to go back and wonder why I should do more than 1 run a day.

This makes me ask though, why does Sega think that 1 run a day will compel me to buy red rings? if I barely play the game because of their new design, then I don't have any emotional attachment to it that would make me want to pay them.

Edited by sprit

Making Xmas event just a quick mode skin is just sad :/.

For many, hallowen/birthday/tropical events brought players back to the game for awhile to enjoy a new stage, a free SR buddy, free RSR, and now it's just a skin in a "can't wait for you to leave the game" mode. 

This is the exact extreme opposite of easter event, during soft launch, when it was the first event of them all and things weren't so bad xd.

I wholeheartedly agree. This game's become nothing but a cash cow and it's only about making money. It's so sad just how much this game has fallen since its launch. It's prime was in March and now it's just been downhill with lower rewards, the heaps of bugs, and now ultra stingy play methods where you have next to no chance of making RSR on your own by playing. 

So is worth spending RSR on the wheel? I was saving up for the Xmas event, but all the Xmas buddies and characters seem to be rubbish. 

I'm think it's better to wait until the event is over, as that would mean there's more chance of getting something decent. 

Is that correct or am I missing something. 

I was trying to get the character models in a clean state to make renders, and just when I thought I got Tikal working, the lighting makes it look like she has a beard LOL
CUi3JXnVAAIdEnf.png

Please link to download the sonic runners models

This Xtmas update!...

It's only me, or someone has the same problem: I can not rank up in timed mode, everytime I see the same result "You Finished in 1/50 and stayed in the F* rank".
How and why?!
I'm almost giving up on playing it.