Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

7 hours ago, CharlotteML said:

I assume if you're using yellow rings to buy Chaotix, then it's best to use Red rings on the roulette to get buddies to increase the score percentage boost from them?

Also does sending the tokens result in irritating notifications for your Facebook friends? I'd rather wait than be one of those people.

Also I've only just started so haven't got any of the Chaotix yet, should I buy one of each (so I have 50% ring boost regardless of level type) then start limit breaking Vector or just get Vector and start limit breaking him?

The score boost is insignificant, 0.5% per buddy. It's a feature that pays off for long-time players, but not now. You spin and hope for good buddies. Then try out combinations for the best setup. 

As for Chaotix, rings are the best for timed mode currently when bought to full potential. You want to capitalise on the types you do best in. Quality over quantity. Etc if you're horrible with power types then you should take espio or charmy. Or whatever.

Just a reminder that you can convert rsr to regular rings but not the other way round. Not worth converting for any reason except leveling and items. 

23 hours ago, CharlotteML said:

Also does sending the tokens result in irritating notifications for your Facebook friends? I'd rather wait than be one of those people.

Nope, they get no notifications. Plus, they get free lives and they can send you lives, earning them 2500 rings per a life. So it's win-win-win. You can set up a dummy facebook account and just use it for Runners (but I use my main account and have no problems).

I assume if you're using yellow rings to buy Chaotix, then it's best to use Red rings on the roulette to get buddies to increase the score percentage boost from them?

The roulette is awful. You rarely get what you want. I would just spend all my red rings on the Chaotix. If you haven't got RC Turtle & Tornado 2, then you could try spinning for them, but I think it's better to focus on the Chaotix. Once you get into S*** (for both modes), you'll get 4 special eggs a week, so I'd use those eggs to get buddies. 

Also I've only just started so haven't got any of the Chaotix yet, should I buy one of each (so I have 50% ring boost regardless of level type) then start limit breaking Vector or just get Vector and start limit breaking him?

Just focus on one Chaotix, because each time you limit break them, their ring bonus goes up by 5%, so you if you get a Chaotix to Limit break 10, you'll get more rings each time you play. The score bonus also increases, so you can progress through story mode quicker and get more points per a play.

caseykz is right, go for the Chaotix you are most comfortable with. The reason I recommend Vector is because he gets the most rings on the power stage (especially if you have RC Turtle). However, power characters are a bit difficult to use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, big_smile said:

The roulette is awful. You rarely get what you want. I would just spend all my red rings on the Chaotix. If you haven't got RC Turtle & Tornado 2, then you could try spinning for them, but I think it's better to focus on the Chaotix. Once you get into S*** (for both modes), you'll get 4 special eggs a week, so I'd use those eggs to get buddies. 

@CharlotteML But if you're new, you should get significant rsr and/or special eggs (if it has not changed) from story mode so do try for a buddy. You're not supposed to expect anything specific from the roulette but having buddies is still better than having no buddies. Rsr earning gets a lot harder so spend them wisely. But if you don't want to use Facebook, 1 rsr is easier to earn than 10,000 rings (for post story mode at least), so it's up to your patience.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

Well using two hours of free time, I got this

Screenshot_2016-04-23-11-25-35.png

How do you do it? My all time high score isn't even half of this.

@caseykz @big_smile Thanks for the advice! I've been using RSR on the roulette and have managed to get a reasonable buddy combo (King Arthur and RC pirate ship, both level 1) so I'll probably switch to using RSR for Vector (I do about as well with my basic Knuckles as I do with my limit broken Tails and Classic Sonic so I can't be too bad with power types) then switch back to roulette once I've got all the characters I want.

I'd ditch RC Pirate Ship, as there's a bug, so it doesn't work.

Why did they have to break it, it was a useful buddy. 

Really? I hadn't paid attention before equipping it so didn't notice there was no difference! Thanks for letting me know, guess I'll go back to trying to decide between Dark Queen, Shahra (lv 0) or Pumpkin Chao (level 2)

Also did the same thing happen with RC Battle Cruiser? I have that at level 2 but never really seemed to get any red rings even when it was equipped with same type.

1 minute ago, CharlotteML said:

Also did the same thing happen with RC Battle Cruiser? I have that at level 2 but never really seemed to get any red rings even when it was equipped with same type.

Yeah, I don't think RC battle Cruiser works, after a month of it being equipped it brought no red rings, bosses and story mode

Got Blaze through a free spin! My luck with Power characters continues to shine through. I guess the roulette shows more mercy on you when you ignore it for a long time by just struggling to remain at Triple Star S Rank. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

What happens if i spin with special eggs after the event? I never got the chance to find out. Should I save it? What if there's a new event? I don't really need characters now although i am still missing Omega, Silver and Blaze... In fact getting SR buddies would be better than getting team wild or mephiles at this point... 

Somebody said you have a chance to get rsr from destroying platforms. I didn't try yet.

Question. What would happen if I limit smashed Cream? Would the score deduction be removed or does it work differently?

9 hours ago, caseykz said:

Somebody said you have a chance to get rsr from destroying platforms. I didn't try yet.

Yeah it's pretty rare to do but you can get star rings from platforms as asteroid.

Alright, I haven't check this place in a long time, I'm gonna try to answer as many questions as I can, I'm too lazy to catch up with whatever long time discussions anyone has.

11 hours ago, caseykz said:

What happens if i spin with special eggs after the event?

What do you mean? Special eggs are just a "free" spin with better chances at getting a character +(now) you don't get R buddies, only SR and character.

Yes, you have a chance at getting RSR when using asteroid or the Orca buddie, but not if you destroy objects by other means, IIRC.

5 hours ago, Xeric said:

Question. What would happen if I limit smashed Cream? Would the score deduction be removed or does it work differently?

No, the -20% score is for total score, when you limitsmash you are affecting all stats up to 100%, not total score.

I'll try to explain, same as the tornado 2 affects the amount of rings you get before applying the ring bonus of the characters/buddies, the limit smash bonus applies before the negative bonus of team easy.

I would try using math, but let me know if you get it this way first.

Well if your like me you have a crap  load of achievements and Google play games accounts, but did you know that signing out of gplay and signing in with a different one gives you the achievements AGAIN. Now let the achievements roll out and then accept your rings for "completing" the achievements. Keep doing it and you'll have a LOT of rings. They cap the ring limit at 100,000 and you'll HAVE to let the achievements slowly roll out, but man is it worth it

9 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

Well if your like me you have a crap  load of achievements and Google play games accounts, but did you know that signing out of gplay and signing in with a different one gives you the achievements AGAIN. Now let the achievements roll out and then accept your rings for "completing" the achievements. Keep doing it and you'll have a LOT of rings. They cap the ring limit at 100,000 and you'll HAVE to let the achievements slowly roll out, but man is it worth it

Well, for some reason i decided to log in my game center yesterday and got 230,000 rings.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/1/2016 at 7:56 PM, flaresakithasol said:

Screenshot_2016-04-30-20-52-05.png

Screenshot_2016-04-30-20-53-20.png

Image-only posts are against the rules here. Please elaborate with at least a bit of actual text content, or otherwise don't post.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Image-only posts are against the rules here. Please elaborate with at least a bit of actual text content, or otherwise don't post.

Sorry about that, didn't even realize I hadn't put text. Thanks for noticing.

I already have him. I am starting to save up for the birthday/halloween/christmas block. I want to be able to get all 3 le characters. 

Great, I already scored too high for this timed league. Maybe i could attempt moving up the leagues?

UPDATE: So i went to check on timed mode and found Classic Sonic event has been replaced by Tikal. (Which i already have.)

The recent focus on Sonic Adventure both worries and excites me...

You You don't even have to worry about sonic adventure more, because now they're chugging along with heroes.

10500074_en.jpg

49 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

You You don't even have to worry about sonic adventure more, because now they're chugging along with heroes.

10500074_en.jpg

Lol still dreamcast era? I like the osts from modern. Will have to wait it out. 

Btw, the tikal poster mispelled as 'Knuckle's' haha.

I honestly think they're gonna do reach for the star's instrumental next, ya never know