Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

36 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

What do you mean by reset?

The explanation is buried in this thread and i can't type long posts. Anyway, just do it.

That moment when you beat your high score and flip your shit only to realize that it's a shit score compared to everyone else's.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 hours ago, caseykz said:

... You are pretty likely to have one since you have more than 100 buddies, judging by your score bonus. (Assuming all your buddies are not special eggs or special egg spins)

i would recommend that you die early so the colour powers dont interfere with you getting to the checkpoints though.

How can you tell the buddie number/bonus with that picture alone?

Also, what is this of dying early? Please elaborate.

1 hour ago, Hundjäger18 said:

I'm guessing he means die super early to build up time 

11 hours ago, Hundjäger18 said:

How can you tell the buddie number/bonus with that picture alone?

He did mention his bonus a few posts back.

9 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

I'm guessing he means die super early to build up time 

reviving adds 30 seconds to your timer, not set it to 30, i believe. So that is correct.

Don't you hate it when a colour power forces your power type on the bottom route, causes you to miss a checkpoint, wasting precious rings?

i'm female fyi.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp it's tropical coast, who woulda knew huh. I cropped out the blank spaces on the sides and the word event because sonic stadium wouldn't allow the file size to be 1.04 mb

10300019_en-1.jpg

I reinstalled the game today for the first time in months and got this on my first spin on the special roulette wheel;

image.png

Beautiful.

5 minutes ago, Auto said:

I reinstalled the game today for the first time in months and got this on my first spin on the special roulette wheel;

image.png

Beautiful.

Nice. Does it restore 2 characters or just one? 

No wait, don't try it. That's too much rings to ask of you.

I gotta say, as much as I hate the roulette system, I appreciate that the game gives me 10 red rings every time I clear an act, adding to the few I collected beforehand in levels, so I dont have to wait too long to spin the wheel. I wish red rings cost rings instead of money though.

6 hours ago, caseykz said:

Nice. Does it restore 2 characters or just one? 

No wait, don't try it. That's too much rings to ask of you.

I have it as well, it only restores one character even if you have sub character active.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is am list of players that stopped playing this game.List below
Alex
Yorman
Blue Paradox
Dss
Jarmane
S2
Kerberos
Premy

19 hours ago, Darkness said:
Here is am list of players that stopped playing this game.List below
Alex
Yorman
Blue Paradox
Dss
Jarmane
S2
Kerberos
Premy
Aqua7KH

Missed one

I kinda quit too. After I saw how SEGA has pretty much abandoned it after they found out it was 1 of their worse selling phone games, the lack of cool new content makes my interest near dead in the game... especially since I never cared for the competitive side of the game like scores or whatever... Still sad about having no luck with getting Metal-Sonic or Sticks... I really wanted them. :T

They're not that bad, I mean come ON, pwease

Spoiler

Please

Just ignore the fact that it lags, and events suck, and that it can still get you stuck in walls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehh... Now that you can buy characters, I still find the game to be enjoyable.

Before you would grind away for Red Rings and then get disappointed by the roulette (as you'd never get what you wanted, so all your hard work would be wasted).

Now you can just send out Facebook friend tokens to save up rings, which will let you buy exactly the characters you want (provided they are in the store). It's a lot less work and there's less disappointment.  

Having said that I do miss the events they used to have. But they do give generous bonuses for logging in.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 16/05/2016 at 8:20 PM, CharlotteML said:

I have it as well, it only restores one character even if you have sub character active.

As a follow up to this, I've just discovered that the Death egg has a chance to restore both your main character and sub character when they fall (Previously I've only been revived when on my sub character so wasn't sure if there was even a chance to revive the main one first, but this morning my main got revived once before I ended up on sub)

Edit: Realised this was unclear. When I say it has a chance to restore both characters, I mean it first has a chance to restore the main character (only) when main character falls, and then also has a chance to restore sub-character (only) when they fall. It never restores 2 characters at the same time. I've also had the same character be restored multiple times.

Edited by CharlotteML
Clarifying my point better

17 minutes ago, big_smile said:

Before you would grind away for Red Rings and then get disappointed by the roulette (as you'd never get what you wanted, so all your hard work would be wasted).

Now you can just send out Facebook friend tokens to save up rings, which will let you buy exactly the characters you want (provided they are in the store). It's a lot less work and there's less disappointment.  

Having said that I do miss the events they used to have. But they do give generous bonuses for logging in.

Yes, buying characters is good, specially since you can buy the best team (chaotix), but before if you get enough RSR (you could get like 250-500 a day), as much as you get disappointed with the results, eventually you could get what you wanted (special spins used to give you something you don't have, never duplicates) so back then, there was an actual limit of how many rsr it takes to get what you want, now you don't get as much rsr, but you can play once a day and get enough for 5 spins a week (still slow), but special spins give duplicates now so you're stuck on getting what you want by luck, and its 5 more levels than before so....yeah

To make it simple, removing Rare buddies out of the special roulette and buying characaters are the only good things that help with the issues of the roulette...

2 hours ago, big_smile said:

I can't buy the characters that I want, since they can not be paid for. =P

Meanwhile, i'm still playing as casually. Getting streaks on timed, waiting for character events and basically waiting for the time i can go all out on story mode (which is after my exams, sometime in November)

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I will try to remember to tag you when they come out then.

I'm staying, but I just did the craziest thing ever

Spoiler

My drill went straight down until I timed out in timed mode

8 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

I'm staying, but I just did the craziest thing ever

Hide contents

My drill went straight down until I timed out in timed mode

What?

I know its possible to die as indigo asteroid but drill?

btw, the game downloaded new data. Probably for June.

drill as item seems fine. Platform physics still wonky lol.

23 hours ago, Hundjäger18 said:

Yes, buying characters is good, specially since you can buy the best team (chaotix), but before if you get enough RSR (you could get like 250-500 a day), as much as you get disappointed with the results, eventually you could get what you wanted (special spins used to give you something you don't have, never duplicates) so back then, there was an actual limit of how many rsr it takes to get what you want, now you don't get as much rsr, but you can play once a day and get enough for 5 spins a week (still slow), but special spins give duplicates now so you're stuck on getting what you want by luck, and its 5 more levels than before so....yeah

To make it simple, removing Rare buddies out of the special roulette and buying characaters are the only good things that help with the issues of the roulette...

I suppose my perspective will be different, as I only ever play Runners in short burst for no more than 20 minutes a day. The most RSR I was ever able to grind in the past was 5 a day. So for me, the changes are better, because it doesn't require the player to play for long stretches. 

It's too bad they didn't leave the ability to grind RSR as I think the game would then appeal to both types of players (e.g. those that who play in short bursts and those that play longer).

It's too bad they don't put all the characters in the store. Although from a gameplay perspective, Charmy and Vector are the only ones worth bothering with, as they allow for the highest score (and they earn more rings making it easier to level them up). 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, big_smile said:

Although from a gameplay perspective, Charmy and Vector are the only ones worth bothering with, as they allow for the highest score (and they earn more rings making it easier to level them up). 

That doesn't really matter to me. I don't play games for the best stats or the most competitive way to play or whatever. For me it's all about playing as characters I like and just having fun goofing around. IMO collecting the characters is the only real reward for playing this game anyways.

21 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

That doesn't really matter to me. I don't play games for the best stats or the most competitive way to play or whatever. For me it's all about playing as characters I like and just having fun goofing around. IMO collecting the characters is the only real reward for playing this game anyways.

I'd probably feel more like that if the characters were different in someway, as they are all just skins for Sonic, Knuckles and Tails. I wish they had given each character a unique special move that changed the gameplay very slightly (like in Sonic 3 or Sonic Adventure).

It's been a while but I'm back and yes I've quit too. It's to much work and it started to get old and you guys may not know but it take alot for me to get sick of something and I mean ALOT. I just felt like they didn't care enough to do like what they use to do that it wasn't fun anymore. and sorry if I'm ranting just letting you know and why I haven't been on here.

1 hour ago, big_smile said:

I'd probably feel more like that if the characters were different in someway, as they are all just skins for Sonic, Knuckles and Tails. I wish they had given each character a unique special move that changed the gameplay very slightly (like in Sonic 3 or Sonic Adventure).

I agree it would be much more worth playing if it was like that.