Cola

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

2 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

In other words, Cream needs to become popular in order to make more appearances, have a notable role, and get development, but she needs more appearances, a notable role, and development to become popular, or at least garner interest that allows for a chance at popularity.

This can apply to most of the Sonic cast. I’ve even made similar arguments saying Blaze has the potential to be just as popular as the main popular cast “Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy.” and possibly could even get higher then Amy on the popularity chart if only they used Blaze in more well made big roles. It’s normal that part of a reason a character is popular is based after how often they are used, which again works for almost any character.

2 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

and the company in charge isn't inclined to do anything about it due to aforementioned lack of care and it's going to stay that way unless someone in the company does something about it, which is completely unlikely.

True enough on that point. Any past character other then Sonic, Eggman and Tails are doubtful to be used in a big role nowadays in Sonic-Team games. One can only hope that changes at some point no matter how unlikely.

6 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

I'm sorry but I fail to see how Rush counts as Cream getting "dragged" into the adventure. If anything, Cream dragged herself into that whole thing. She was the one who approached Blaze (after spying on her throughout the first level) and, after literally dragging Blaze to her home, decided completely of her own free will to accompany Blaze, despite Blaze's initial protests. There was nothing personal at stake in Rush for Cream to get involved, unless you count her instant attachment to Blaze (which I certainly don't). If anything, Rush is the perfect example of what I mean: Cream took part in that adventure not because she was forced to but because she wanted to help someone, someone who she considered a friend despite technically being a total stranger at that point.

Cream's efforts in Sonic Rush was to make friends with her because she wasn't a familiar face. She wasn't exactly aware of Blaze's quest when she brought her home and eventually found out about Sonic, and even then her intent was just to take her to Sonic before things unraveled the way they did (I daresay Blaze getting Sol Emeralds during their search for Sonic wasn't part of Cream's plan).

As for if it's bad if she gets into it without being dragged in? Eh, well, unwittingly being pulled in gives her a different spin on things that's welcome, although it is a bit counter-intuitive for the purposes of story inclusion. 

I don't want this to sound like a rant, but I've been playing Sonic Runners for two days and my God... Everytime I open the game I get lots of interruptions with messages from the game and ads. I know this is a f2p game, but IMHO there's way too much pushing. I'm uninstalling it when I come back from work XD

7 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Cream's efforts in Sonic Rush was to make friends with her because she wasn't a familiar face. She wasn't exactly aware of Blaze's quest when she brought her home and eventually found out about Sonic, and even then her intent was just to take her to Sonic before things unraveled the way they did (I daresay Blaze getting Sol Emeralds during their search for Sonic wasn't part of Cream's plan).

Ah, I see. Didn't think of it like that... Though, I still think that Cream would've been all too willing to accompany Blaze, with the goal of retrieving the Sol Emeralds in mind from the beginning. 

7 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

As for if it's bad if she gets into it without being dragged in? Eh, well, unwittingly being pulled in gives her a different spin on things that's welcome, although it is a bit counter-intuitive for the purposes of story inclusion. 

Hm, that is true about it giving Cream a different spin on things. But, overall, I think it's bad. As you noted, it's counter-intuitive to the purposes of story inclusion. Like, Cream already gets a lot of heat for being perceptively useless and unnecessary (which I obviously think are complete bull but I'm saving that tangent for a different time), having to literally be forced into the story for personal reasons or because a friend "dragged her" into it doesn't help at all with those accusations. That and, honestly, Cream is the kind of character who would participate in adventures regardless of circumstances. Cream's core personality is that of an incredibly nice and friendly girl. She may be passive but if her friends, or even complete strangers, need help then I would think Cream would do whatever it takes to aid them simply out of kindness. Cream has been defined as "curious" on occasion, that right there is sound reason for her to go on adventures: she's a sheltered girl who wants to learn and explore the world she lives in (in fact, that's probably why she's often wandering into places, even the unwelcoming ones). And what better way to do that then go on adventures? Heck, you could even have Cream wanting to become stronger and a motivation for her to adventure: maybe she knows that she's the "weakest" of her friends and so she wants to improve herself and become strong and experienced like her friends. That's good character development potential if you ask me! It helps that Cream doesn't have any higher responsibilities like Knuckles or Blaze, so she can go on any adventures regardless of circumstance. True, Cream has a mother but said mother doesn't seem to object to Cream partaking in adventures (of course, we see very little of her to begin with and so she doesn't have an actual personality but bleh) and, given that Cream went on a solo-adventure to save her, I imagine Vanilla knows of her daughter's surprising capabilities.

Anyway, my most major apologies for derailing yet another topic over a cartoon rabbit (honestly, how have I not gotten a warning/strike). Feel free to respond to this but I'm not going to derail this topic any further. So, Sticks is in Runners. Who didn't see that coming? If only this game would get fixed and become good again.

Edited by Kaotic Kanine

I like cream. She's cute. 

Gameplay wise, i use her for boss showdowns and rsr grinding. For some reason, i get lucky with her. Like that one time i got 6 rsr in a 7 mil run. Maybe its because flight stages are my worst.

I must admit Sticks, while maybe not the most fleshed out character, comes off as a more versatile foil for Amy.

The often complained problem with Cream is that she is too nice, she takes most of Amy's positive elements meaning the latter can't convey them when they're together, meaning Amy is often limited to more negative temperamental, bratty side that many feel got Flanderized when Cream came along. There are exceptions (Heroes started this chain, but did do a decent job showing Amy as a big sister figure otherwise) but for the large part their chemistry is kinda one note and detrimental to Amy being three dimensional.

Sticks differs from Amy more in both positives and negatives. She contrasts her a lot in quirks, being wild, tomboyish and paranoid, while Amy is prissy, cheerful and empathetic. About the one aspect they do share vividly is a short occasionally violent temper. Amy doesn't feel restricted being around Sticks since she doesn't borrow nearly as many traits from her.

I'm mixed about Sticks being imported so much into the games series. On one hand she's not the greatest character outside the games canon they could import, on the other hand, she is likely one they could transition in pretty smoothly without needing too many alterations.

Off topic from all the Sticks discussion but, has Mephiles been released yet? Or is he even going to be released? Really keen to see how they're going to handle him in this game.

25 minutes ago, Lhancat said:

Off topic from all the Sticks discussion but, has Mephiles been released yet? Or is he even going to be released? Really keen to see how they're going to handle him in this game.

He hasn't been released yet. They been putting out 1 character a month or so lately.... so he might be out next month. And like the others I'm sure they'll just release him without making a big deal out of it.

Since this game has so aspects of past games of Sonic history and it's many characters, I would LOVE to see the forgotten characters (Fang,Bean etc) return in this game as a call back to the times where they used to be in the games and weren't forgotten. But that will never happen so I'm hoping for atleast a cameo.

Realistically, I just want the Babylon Rouges in this.

Considering the Werehog, and soon, Mephiles is gonna be in the game, I have a feeling it isn't going to be long till we get a Riders event with the Rouges. Realistically, here's the teams I'd like to see.

Team Old School (Bonus: +50% ring bonus, +50% RSR chance bonus)

-Nack (Speed) 

-Bean (Flight)

-Bark (Power)

Team Rouges (+50% Distance Bonus, +50% Animal Bonus, and uses their hoverboards in game)

-Jet (Speed)

-Wave (Flight)

-Storm (Power)

Team Freedom (+100% RSR Chance bonus, +20% Ring Bonus)

-Sally (Speed)

-Bunnie (Flight)

-Rotor (Power)

If the comic characters got in, I think a cool cross-promotion could happen as well, where you can get them in the roulette, or buy with for 200 RSRs, but three issues of StH comes with a code for each character.

I just tried to backup my file for this game, and as I was copying everything over I got an 'unexpected error' message that came up. I tried again and the same message came up. The files still copied over but I'm afraid something is missing, since it estimated it'd take like 20 minutes it stopped not even 1/3rd of the way there.

This didn't happen the last time I tried backing up my save... I'm just worried I'll lose my save or if I get a new phone at some point I don't wanna have to start all over...

26 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Realistically? You mean ideally, right? 

No, I do think realistically. If we can get characters like Mephiles, I.E one of the villains from a game most people hate, and a villain most people see as unsuited for the entire series in general, I think at this point it's fair to say any Sonic character could be possible. Team Freedom could be under ideally, but Rouges and Old School have a good chance at this point.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

No, I do think realistically. If we can get characters like Mephiles, I.E one of the villains from a game most people hate, and a villain most people see as unsuited for the entire series in general, I think at this point it's fair to say any Sonic character could be possible. Team Freedom could be under ideally, but Rouges and Old School have a good chance at this point.

That would require Sega of Japan to care about Archie. And they've made it clear they have no interest in bringing back the retired characters. But the Rogues stand a decent chance.

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Team Old School (Bonus: +50% ring bonus, +50% RSR chance bonus)

Team Rouges (+50% Distance Bonus, +50% Animal Bonus, and uses their hoverboards in game)

Team Freedom (+100% RSR Chance bonus, +20% Ring Bonus)

Nope. Nobody gets to undermine team chaotix and team wild like that. NOBODY.

Also team babylon should have rsr chances increased. They hunt treasure like its their job. 

For those who still play it-or have run from it because of the gameplay- Sonic Runners is one of the games that seems to please little, suffer from horrible stutters or simply hates you (Just spin the roulette and watch your dreams die). But I, Flare shall help save you from the horrible messups.

For those of you who suffer from the rage quits of stutter kills, it's not the app's fault. It's your phone's. Sonic runners is barely compatible with some phones, so that's reason 1. The second reason is that Sonic Runners need's from 1 to about 400 MB of RAM. So don't cry if you freeze and miss all Eggman's rings.

Tip two seems pretty easy but people don't notice it. For those who suffer from the ridiculous amount of file space wasted (1.60 GB) just hit the Clear Cache button right at the start of the app. This will actually destroy every file and will have to re-download all of its files. Don't worry though, save progress, red rings, regular rings, and characters won't be gone. There's also another version of doing this which is just deleting the folder com.sega.sonic runners but it's risky and might force you to have to play the tutorial stage all over and even might result in ACTUALLY STARTING OVER.

Well, that's all I got for Sonic Runners. If you need anymore tips on other games just reply and state the game

7 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

For those of you who suffer from the rage quits of stutter kills, it's not the app's fault. It's your phone's. Sonic runners is barely compatible with some phones, so that's reason 1. The second reason is that Sonic Runners need's from 1 to about 400 MB of RAM. So don't cry if you freeze and miss all Eggman's rings.

Tip two seems pretty easy but people don't notice it. For those who suffer from the ridiculous amount of file space wasted (1.60 GB) just hit the Clear Cache button right at the start of the app. This will actually destroy every file and will have to re-download all of its files. Don't worry though, save progress, red rings, regular rings, and characters won't be gone. There's also another version of doing this which is just deleting the folder com.sega.sonic runners but it's risky and might force you to have to play the tutorial stage all over and even might result in ACTUALLY STARTING OVER.

How is everything you said not the fault of the app? 

I shouldn't have to manually clear the cache of old junk files, there should be some mechanism in each update which does that. 

The game is unoptimised and unpolished, especially on android which has blatantly had no optimisation, all they probably did was hit "Render as Android" in whatever game engine they made it in. It's an endless Runner it really shouldn't perform as badly as it does.

True, there should be some kind of auto delete and the redownload process is the most infuriating of all for people like myself who go day-by-day surviving on the slowest of internet, but until SEGA actually accepts an idea from the people thathat won't be fixed.

Second Hogfather, the RAM issue is not their fault. This game needs the RAM to make the game run smoother. You can't expect Runners to go the speed of light on a limit of 50 mb or 100 mb. This game might take a pretty big dump on our feelings for the RAM that's beING stolen from us but face it, this game isn't perfect, but it's not obsolete, not unpolished, and SEGA is trying. Give em a chance (But when I got the notification that you quoted I almost dropped dead with pleasure).