Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

long time no see

i stopped playing long time a go after i paid $20 and the game stopped responding to me.

glad i didn't spend much on it,it was good game on the beta,after that it went horrible.

there was no point of always online in this game,i went on vacation for 3 weeks in an area without any connection and didn't play it because of that.

the roulette was the worst part in the game,it become a joke.

I don't really have many fond memories with this game, so I can't say that I'm really gonna miss it much. At least I unlocked the characters I wanted back when I still played it.

Farewell, Sonic Runners. You had a short and very bumpy... er, run.

The thing that got me recently was despite the increased drop rate for characters, it was for Tikal I believe during one of her previous giveaway events, her or Classic Sonic, even though I landed on the character egg I just got Knuckles despite already having him, and I finally flipped the bird to the game.

A lot of common issues others have made me do this actually, but that moment a few weeks back was the nail in the coffin.

3 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

even though I landed on the character egg I just got Knuckles despite already having him, and I finally flipped the bird to the game.

Yeah the get rate/drop rate was decreased not 100%. And even so you getting knuckles isn't a bad thing, that's the ONLY literal way to limit break knuckles. So yeah, that's regular.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

Yeah the get rate/drop rate was decreased not 100%. And even so you getting knuckles isn't a bad thing, that's the ONLY literal way to limit break knuckles. So yeah, that's regular.

I don't care about limit breaks or levels, just want who I like best mainly.

7 hours ago, JezMM said:

The system falls flat compared to PSO2 because unlike PSO2, there isn't a community that you can sell unwanted items for with in-game currency to get compensation for unwanted items.

That sounds really cool. What if we had a marketplace for buddies? Rc turtle is probably worth 150 rsr. Battleship is probably worth 300 rsr. And there would still be enough variety around since some ppl can't afford enough for popular buddies...

I just started this game a few weeks ago when I got my new $30 phone with a $0/month data plan, and I've gotta say, it's been a good "run"

Still, my ultimate goal is to make it to S*** rank on both modes before the game is taken  down.

In the meanwhile, I keep seeing this buddy hit the screen... Is this effect real? It even has a lesser effect with the same type.

Screenshot_2016-05-29-00-19-32[1].png

3 hours ago, TheUltimateAbsol said:

I just started this game a few weeks ago when I got my new $30 phone with a $0/month data plan, and I've gotta say, it's been a good "run"

Still, my ultimate goal is to make it to S*** rank on both modes before the game is taken  down.

In the meanwhile, I keep seeing this buddy hit the screen... Is this effect real? It even has a lesser effect with the same type.

Needed that for red rings...

56 minutes ago, caseykz said:

That sounds really cool. What if we had a marketplace for buddies? Rc turtle is probably worth 150 rsr. Battleship is probably worth 300 rsr. And there would still be enough variety around since some ppl can't afford enough for popular buddies...

No one would buy rc battleship because it spawns less red rings than when it isn't equipped somehow. It happened somewhere after the app store update

4 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

No one would buy rc battleship because it spawns less red rings than when it isn't equipped somehow. It happened somewhere after the app store update

I know. It's a hypothetical situation where buddies are glitch free.

4 hours ago, TheUltimateAbsol said:

It's a typo. Blowfish transporter gives you an item with a certain number of combos. 

8 hours ago, caseykz said:

The awkward thing is PSO2 is a hugely different game from Runners.  There are hundreds of items and unwanted gameplay items can often be used to boost WANTED gameplay items, or be traded in for currency that lets you get better items, and obviously cosmetic items are, well, cosmetic, so their value is 100% based on personal appeal.

When you sell on the shop to other players, you pay using the in-game fictional currency that enemies drop and quests reward you with etc - the equivalent to Sonic's rings or Zelda's rupees - you can't buy this currency with real money, and in fact, another purpose of the shop is to allow free players who don't pay for scratches to get their hands on the premium cosmetic items available, using the currency they've earned through gameplay, and giving that gameplay currency to the seller who paid real money to get an item they didn't want - thus making it all okay.

Sonic Runners' item system didn't seem that complex to me, so it'd be hard to justify an in-game shop.  In PSO2, some bad items still make good fodder for developing good ones.  For example someone will sell a piece of garbage early-game weapon for a tiny price, but because it has 5 affix slots on it, I can buy that and use it to add an extra slot to my late-game weapon that sadly only has 3 affix slots - rather than go out hunting for garbage weapons with 5 affix slots myself, etc.

I don't think Runners had any kind of compensatory crafting/upgrading/grinding elements to the items like that did it?  Like no-one would ever want to buy an item that is seen as garbage to pad out a roulette wheel.

3 minutes ago, JezMM said:

The awkward thing is PSO2 is a hugely different game from Runners.  There are hundreds of items and unwanted gameplay items can often be used to boost WANTED gameplay items, or be traded in for currency that lets you get better items, and obviously cosmetic items are, well, cosmetic, so their value is 100% based on personal appeal.

When you sell on the shop to other players, you pay using the in-game fictional currency that enemies drop and quests reward you with etc - the equivalent to Sonic's rings or Zelda's rupees - you can't buy this currency with real money, and in fact, another purpose of the shop is to allow free players who don't pay for scratches to get their hands on the premium cosmetic items available, using the currency they've earned through gameplay, and giving that gameplay currency to the seller who paid real money to get an item they didn't want - thus making it all okay.

Sonic Runners' item system didn't seem that complex to me, so it'd be hard to justify an in-game shop.  In PSO2, some bad items still make good fodder for developing good ones.  For example someone will sell a piece of garbage early-game weapon for a tiny price, but because it has 5 affix slots on it, I can buy that and use it to add an extra slot to my late-game weapon that sadly only has 3 affix slots - rather than go out hunting for garbage weapons with 5 affix slots myself, etc.

I don't think Runners had any kind of compensatory crafting/upgrading/grinding elements to the items like that did it?  Like no-one would ever want to buy an item that is seen as garbage to pad out a roulette wheel.

You never know. People can want buddies that would help them achieve daily challenges. Or people who pretty much got every buddy except one. Or event buddies. Those could be useful IF they wanted to do collecting events again. Free market forces would settle this pretty well imo. Sort of like Mousehunt's marketplace system. 

The buddies would have been more useful if you could equip 5. At the moment, you can only equip 2, so it only makes sense to go for the ones that will help with scoring. 

With 5 buddies, there would be more room to mix things up a bit. 

37 minutes ago, big_smile said:

Yeah mix it up and get Dark Queen, Death Egg, Chaos, RC Battleship (pretend it's not broken), and RC turtle. Sounds a little over achieving 

5 hours ago, big_smile said:

The buddies would have been more useful if you could equip 5. At the moment, you can only equip 2, so it only makes sense to go for the ones that will help with scoring. 

Lol, imagine dark queen, sharah, chaos, dark chao walker and erazor djinn all at one go. Infinite shields lol.

Question...

Why doesn't SEGA just make the roulette free now so we can unlock all the characters and enjoy the game as a whole before it ends...?

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Question...

Why doesn't SEGA just make the roulette free now so we can unlock all the characters and enjoy the game as a whole before it ends...?

They gotta make dat moolah before their game ends, and what better way than roulette it ALL THE WAY. But you're pretty right, give the loyal people something to love. I dunno, I was asleep for a couple hours

3 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

They gotta make data moolah before they're game ends, and what better way than roulette it ALL THE WAY. But you're pretty right, give the loyal people something to love. I dunno, I was asleep for a couple hours

They have no ads anymore, right? And no means of buying red rings now. Just make the roulette free. If they make money off data, people will play the game countless times as much as a result.

There's nothing to lose in doing so now, the game brings in no money from the feature either way really.

You're right, they don't make money off it. Might as well throw a crap of red rings at us and say "get spinning while you still can". Also I meant "dat" instead of data. Auto correct love

I'd want to make the app go out with the most extraordinary bang possible after its shattered existence. One brief period, albeit at the end, when everything was wicked sweet.

But that's just me.

• Thumbs Up 2

They should at least make it that you can buy Red Rings with gold rings. 

Or have a login bonus of 20 gold tickets a day.

Just now, caseykz said:

Tikal replaced by Esp Silver...

*heavy breathing*

Well I think it's now starting to get random