Cola

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

1 hour ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Hmm, that makes sense, and my phone is unstable enough as is for me to not notice. :P

But yeah, my attitude was just to get Vector and Espio (getting 400 Red Rings was relatively easy), be given Silver and ESP Silver for free (seriously, didn't even win them off the roulette, they were just handed to me) and then blast through lackadaisy style. 

How did you get ESP Silver for free?

20 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I don't know. I just did stuff (not getting any characters off the premium roulette), went to the character menu one day and whoops there he was. 

Omg.

The one thing I can see in common for both Silver and ESP Silver is that they were both given away for free at some point during 2.0.0. Maybe I managed to meet the criteria for free Silver, but this also accidentally triggered the game to think I'd also met the launch week unlock criteria for ESP Silver (it can't be that I downloaded it on launch week and the game remembers that; I didn't download the game until January). 

31 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

The one thing I can see in common for both Silver and ESP Silver is that they were both given away for free at some point during 2.0.0. Maybe I managed to meet the criteria for free Silver, but this also accidentally triggered the game to think I'd also met the launch week unlock criteria for ESP Silver (it can't be that I downloaded it on launch week and the game remembers that; I didn't download the game until January). 

Is it worth to try and play again to see if they give ESP Silver again? I really want him...

On 22/2/2016 at 2:12 PM, Detective Reptiles said:

I don't know. I just did stuff (not getting any characters off the premium roulette), went to the character menu one day and whoops there he was. 

That's, lucky, for you, I mean I really don't see how could someone get him for free, given that Ruki185 has been doing accounts after a while for testing the release of other characters and he hasn't said anything about it having free ESP silvers, maybe he needed to play more, or maybe you used a spin without noticing, maybe....eh...I'm running out of ideas.

17 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I watch the premium wheel closely every time I spin. No character eggs have been won yet, and only four super-rares, the rest have been just rares.

Characters are still much easier to get now though. I got vector, espio, two sticks, two werehogs, and tikal ever since ver 2 started. Its not as painful as ver 1 roulette, in my opinion.

btw, its better if you spend during events only.

It makes sense that Mephiles doesn't deserve to be a Power-Type character because his attacks are mostly ranged ones, and he's a Speed/Future-Type character. He is really a time-traveler.

Speaking about Solaris, it has its new title, "Solaris the Sun God". Well, that's kinda wierd. I like the old title "Solaris, the Flame of Hope" more than the new one.

I've been saving up and i got him.

tried on timed mode and his running animation is a bit different from a speed type. Which makes it feel weird.

The event ends on april 1st hmm...

28 minutes ago, Diamond said:

He stays for an entire month?

I never noticed until now. But sticks stayed for 15 days and werehog stayed for 18 days. You can see previous posters here: http://supersilver1242.deviantart.com/gallery/

EDIT: 

This is crazy. Even esp silver doesn't have this much attention O.o

I believe it's a first.

What does this meeaaan?? Also 1st April?

Edited by caseykz

That's only for the increased drop rates. As you probably know, Sticks and Werehog are also still on the Roulette.

But if Mephiles has the increased drop rates for an entire month, then that likely means there won't be any Easter characters/costumes. There is a chance they'd just add them into the files one or two days earlier like they did with the day-time Frozen Factory stage, but considering the Runners twitter has become inactive recently could mean this really is the end of the line regarding new content.

I wonder when Sonic Team will make the next update.. If it gets another update. Support for this game has felt dead for months. And yet the Android version still lags like hell, there's no Google Play cloud saving, no full screen support, that "Apponent" typo. It's like they've given up. Part of me is not surprised as it's considered a failure, but they could at least give it one last big update. :/ 

Team Sonic: Sonic (S), Tails (F), Knuckles (P)

Team Rose : Amy (S), ??? (F), Blaze (P)

Team Chaotix: Espio (S), Charmy (F), Vector (P)

Team Dark: Shadow (S), Rouge (F), ??? (P)

Team Easy: Silver (S), Cream (F), Big (P)

Team Mech: Metal (S), ??? (F), Omega (P)

Team Wild: Sticks (S), Tikal (F), Werehog (P)

Team Future: Mephiles (S), ESP Silver (F), ??? (P)

That's this list updated. Credit to the person who made it.

Edit: Credit goes to Mightyray for the list.

1 hour ago, Arranos said:

Team Sonic: Sonic (S), Tails (F), Knuckles (P)

Team Rose : Amy (S), ??? (F), Blaze (P)

Team Chaotix: Espio (S), Charmy (F), Vector (P)

Team Dark: Shadow (S), Rouge (F), ??? (P)

Team Easy: Silver (S), Cream (F), Big (P)

Team Mech: Metal (S), ??? (F), Omega (P)

Team Wild: Sticks (S), Tikal (F), Werehog (P)

Team Future: Mephiles (S), ESP Silver (F), ??? (P)

That's this list updated. Credit to the person who made it.

That would be me.

Well I did 21 spins and 2 special spins and got three characters that I don't want. I got ESP Sliver, Tikal and Rogue. But I wanted Mephiles or Shadow or Omega. Tails to limit break him again. But my brother spins 2 times and gets what do you know Mephiles!! But I have to say at lest I got to play as him. ? I'm happy I got 3 new characters it's just not what I wanted. ?

Yeah, I'd like to nominate the Premium Roulette as Sonic Team's most idiotic design choice to date.

Why can't they realize that more people would be inclined to spend money if they could just buy the characters they want? I'd be willing to put down a few bucks for Sticks and Metal Sonic! (Or I would, if the game didn't frequently crash) Right now, I'm near 200 Red Rings, but I've learned that wasting them on a less-than-1% chance of getting someone I want just isn't worth it.

This is why I play Sonic Dash 2 much more often: It's far more stable, and you can unlock everything worthwhile without ever spending a penny.

9 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'd be willing to put down a few bucks for Sticks and Metal Sonic!

Seems you & I want the exact same characters. I've been spinning a few times every week after the 2.0 update... and all I've gotten so far was Espio. :Y

I mean I'm happy I have at least got couple I wanted, AKA Blaze & Tikal. But I feel I'm not quite done with this game until I get Metal-Sonic & Sticks.

22 hours ago, AshGreninJovan said:

It makes sense that Mephiles doesn't deserve to be a Power-Type character because his attacks are mostly ranged ones, and he's a Speed/Future-Type character. He is really a time-traveler.

Speaking about Solaris, it has its new title, "Solaris the Sun God". Well, that's kinda wierd. I like the old title "Solaris, the Flame of Hope" more than the new one.

Yeah, but him being speed removes the possibility of a speed type blaze, then again he(it?) Is the last character/content so far, no idea what happens on April 1(Webber!! Jk).

Well, solaris was considered the sun god by the people of soleanna, based on the info in the banner, the flame of hope(as we know it at the end of the game) was tortured (used in experiments) to get control over it, and that's why the accident happened. (Like, for real, how was I gonna know that it was the flame it self being used if it doesn't show up until the end?) Kind of makes sense now. But that's just my opinion about it.