Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

9 minutes ago, BradAric said:

I've been a little unclear...will it be completely unplayable at that point? Or will you just be unable to buy new stuff etc? I'm pretty sure it's the first, which makes me incredibly sad, but I just want to verify.

The servers will be permanently shut down, rendering it completely unplayable. Shame, since I finally got Sticks a while ago.

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

The servers will be permanently shut down, rendering it completely unplayable. Shame, since I finally got Sticks a while ago.

Ugh, lame. This is why I hate games that require servers to be playable. Give me an offline version so I can still play. I hate the idea of there being a Sonic game I can't play anymore, even if it is a mindless runner :/

I know... I'm surprised they don't just turn it to an offline game and charge $2.99 for it. It would be a good way for them to make more money. 

The Rankings aren't resetting today like they normally do (They will reset on Wednesday). I wonder if it's some change or another bug. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bit of a slow poke since I thought I should play it before it shuts down for good.

Sonic's look in this game is my favorite at the moment and this game is actually pretty fun for mobage, heaps better than Sonic Dash for sure, kinda sad I didn't try this game out sooner.

I just saw that cortez is stopped playing the game too. About the runners league duration change is because is just for the league ends at the time that the game will shutdown. The soundtrack i not will buy it because i not like the music i like the game. Many players not care sonic runners and just play the bad sonic dash and the bad sonic dash 2 and just few player still play sonic runners. Players just not try to revenge Sega make Sega change the plans and it just wait the Day that Sonic Runners will shutdown. I want to see sonic runners back online on 2017 or 2018.

4 minutes ago, Darkness said:

I just saw that cortez is stopped playing the game too. About the runners league duration change is because is just for the league ends at the time that the game will shutdown. The soundtrack i not will buy it because i not like the music i like the game. Many players not care sonic runners and just play the bad sonic dash and the bad sonic dash 2 and just few player still play sonic runners. Players just not try to revenge Sega make Sega change the plans and it just wait the Day that Sonic Runners will shutdown. I want to see sonic runners back online on 2017 or 2018.

I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. Runners was quite possibly the worst Sonic game to date because of all the changes SEGA did. At the very least, at least Dash/Dash 2/Jump/Jump Fever/Racing Transformed all worked correctly without many issues. Runners was a mess over it's year running, and there's no way it's coming back for 2017/2018 when it was this broken. People stopped playing the game for a reason, and it's because SEGA destroyed any fun that was in it.

48 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. Runners was quite possibly the worst Sonic game to date because of all the changes SEGA did. At the very least, at least Dash/Dash 2/Jump/Jump Fever/Racing Transformed all worked correctly without many issues. Runners was a mess over it's year running, and there's no way it's coming back for 2017/2018 when it was this broken. People stopped playing the game for a reason, and it's because SEGA destroyed any fun that was in it.

First at all. Sonic dash and Sonic dash 2 its not good because is the same thing all time. About that players have stopped playing for am reason one of players Dss stopped playing for no reason and Dss not know that sonic Runners will shutdown. Sonic Runners is not am bad game at all its Just SEGA make the game bad on all time then updates the game. Sega still needs to fix the glitches.  None of players sigh the petition that i make to Sega not shutdown Sonic Runners. Sega will make the game unplayable

11 minutes ago, Darkness said:

First at all. Sonic dash and Sonic dash 2 its not good because is the same thing all time. About that players have stopped playing for am reason one of players Dss stopped playing for no reason and Dss not know that sonic Runners will shutdown. Sonic Runners is not am bad game at all its Just SEGA make the game bad on all time then updates the game. Sega still needs to fix the glitches.  None of players sigh the petition that i make to Sega not shutdown Sonic Runners. Sega will make the game unplayable

Like we said, Sega doesn't care about Runners anymore. No petition will change that.

And there are still people who play Dash 1 & 2, myself included. At least those games are polished and let you unlock everything through skill and not microtransactions or gambling.

10 minutes ago, Darkness said:

That's called your opinion. As in something that not everyone agrees with. As in the majority of people think Dash destroys Runners. Considering Runners is also the same thing only more buggy, and broken, your points falls on it's face. Did you ever stop to think why people didn't sign the petition? (Not that it matters, it wouldn't do fuck all, and it's against SSMB rules either way). SEGA won't fix the game. SEGA isn't going to keep it going if it's costing them money. That's the reality.

Not to nag, but if I could ask again; is the increased drop rates for ESP Silver still showing up for anyone else? I'm curious to know if this is an issue for everyone on the app or if it's just me...

10 hours ago, Darkness said:

OK...

How is Sonic Runners not the same thing all the time? It's exactly the same as Sonic Dash from a 2D perspective and with a more aggressive pay to win system. You can't move for Sonic Runners trying to gouge you for cash. Both Sonic Dashes are more subtle.

DSS actually released a 20 minute video explaining how much he hated the 2.0 update and that he would stop playing it. I can't imagine he's upset about it shutting down. 

If SEGA made Sonic Runners a bad game, how is it not a bad game? Besides, even at 1.0 it was buggy, full of gambling and pay to win mechanics, and with stupid load times. A nice idea, but just handled poorly by people who had little experience making or balancing mobile games. 

No petition on earth will make SEGA keep Sonic Runners online. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Titan said:

Not to nag, but if I could ask again; is the increased drop rates for ESP Silver still showing up for anyone else? I'm curious to know if this is an issue for everyone on the app or if it's just me...

It's still showing for me. They likely couldn't be bothered to end it.

20 hours ago, Titan said:

Yup, showing for me.

I actually got ESP silver as a log-in bonus on Monday. On Modnay the login bonus screen was saying that I would get another Silver today, but the screenis now showing  RSR as the bonus. 

On 8 July 2016 at 3:03 PM, big_smile said:

Yup, showing for me.

I actually got ESP silver as a log-in bonus on Monday. On Modnay the login bonus screen was saying that I would get another Silver today, but the screenis now showing  RSR as the bonus. 

Whoa. What?

the only thing i noticed after a long hiatus is that leagues are now 7 days long. 

And i have 4 of Knuckles and no Blaze. Ah well.

The runners league it just now am shit because 7 days to reset the rankings. And if no one sigh my pettition Sega will make that shit Sonic runners shutdown the online servers. Many users of this site is just hate Sonic runners and just few users from this site like Sonic Runners. I know no one is going to help me in my shit petittion i put that petition site on otter site but none sighs it. 

On 7/9/2016 at 5:51 PM, Darkness said:

The runners league it just now am shit because 7 days to reset the rankings. And if no one sigh my pettition Sega will make that shit Sonic runners shutdown the online servers. Many users of this site is just hate Sonic runners and just few users from this site like Sonic Runners. I know no one is going to help me in my shit petittion i put that petition site on otter site but none sighs it. 

No one is helping with your petition because A. It isn't going to do fuck all. 100 signatures isn't going to convince SEGA to waste money keeping the game alive. Many users hate the game for good reason, and if they hate the game, why would they want to sign something to keep it going? They don't use the app. They don't like the app, why would they care if it dies or not. Stop trying to blame this game's shit failings on everyone on this site.

And once again, I'm nearly sure petitions aren't even allowed on SSMB due to always failing, and being a source of self-advertisement. 

7 minutes ago, Darkness said:

That sounds shit...

So other than a petition. Did you come up with a business plan  thats sustainable with room for growth? 

• Thumbs Up 7

20 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

That sounds shit...

So other than a petition. Did you come up with a business plan  thats sustainable with room for growth? 

Or, you know. Actually possible to make a profit from?

Which would also further include

-Winning back all of the people who dropped the game

-Going back and fixing any and all broken ads that was previously in the game

-Somehow convincing people that the game is actually worth playing

-Convincing said people to spend money on RSRs in order for SEGA to make a profit?

This petition talk from everyone is nonsense. We don't post them here because they don't work in isolation nor do their presence induce meaningful discussion for the forum. So drop it immediately, or strikes will be had.

• Thumbs Up 4

The only semblance of getting any sort of fanbase back for this game is an offline version, which I doubt SEGA will do. the APK modders of the android community are trying to figure it out so wish them luck.

Anybody got a 100% save? I'm done, I'm sick of the grind and theirs no hope in getting through all of the story in time (currently at 38-2). the APK mod out there doesn't work on my device and nobody's told me how to do that infinite rings glitch.

On 6/9/2016 at 3:54 PM, JohnVGC said:

Regular Silver is a speed type, so he has the double midair jumps, and as a Team Easy character, the game runs at 90% its normal speed when you use him, and cuts your overall score by 20%

ESP Silver is a fly type so you can fly up a certain amount and you slowly descend. As a Team Future character, the game speed runs at 95% its normal speed and you get a 37% score boost when you use him

someone on youtube has recorded the music for the game here: including the special background music

Though I hope the music gets decoded and we have the proper rips, including cutscene music and sound effects :X

Good god, that lead synth on Reach for the Stars needs the decay bumped up a bit and the volume bumped down a bit, sounds like a rusty singing buzzsaw

18 hours ago, caseykz said:

Whoa. What?

the only thing i noticed after a long hiatus is that leagues are now 7 days long. 

And i have 4 of Knuckles and no Blaze. Ah well.

It's all messed up. Sometimes the leagues are 7 days. Other times they are 1 day long. It just changes without any sense.

Sometimes I get 10RSR as an apology bonus for server maintenance even though the server has been fine. I also got 10 item tickets as an apology bonus. 

I've seen other players promised Golden Tickets and buddies as login bonuses for the 5th and 7th days, but then the login bonus screen changes before they reach those days.

Yeeeeaaa.... I've already stopped playing,

Kinda stings whenever a game I've gotten into will cease to exist (even though I won't miss it as much due to how poorly handled it was)

But the fact that this has happened to two SEGA mobile games that I've played (this and Dragon Coins, the latter stings more because I had more fun in that game) kinda blows

Though Pokemon GO had further taken my attention away from Runners

Sega messing around with the servers i guess.

Good for you, pokemon go hasn't been officially released here and downloading the apk does not work. 

it's hard to 100% the game without paying, hacking or playing from soft launch. I estimate my progress to be around 15%.