Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

There's the Desert Ruins Event and was there a story mode for Tropical Coast and the Halloween event?

11 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Here's the full event (I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JFyx0_kRVQ

And here's part 2 of Frokenok3's playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um_ElUnySo4

Any other events that I'll need to find?

Hmmm... Maybe the Easter event wasn't as long as the others.

Thanks for your help!! I have all the other events on my Channel here.

Man, never doubt the dedication of this fanbase.

Nice to see Runners will live on. Still can't believe I got to play as Tikal in this day and age lol.

Odds are we might have to get a new APK that he modifies, because it has to point to a different server (?) and apparently some of the grievances that we dealt with in terms of score requirement in Story mode and (maybe) how long powers ups last are client side from the APK.

so apparently the guy making the custom server might know how to convert the music from the game, which kinda bites when its being withheld, since not a whole lot of people know how to decrypt it yet still. But it seems like he'll release it when the server is done, so there's something I'm looking forward to.

11 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Can somebody tell You-Are-Pwned about these events? I'd like to see them make it into the final version.

Oh, and will I need to keep the Sonic Runners I downloaded when it came out, or will this be like downloading a completely new game?

It wasn't  You-Are-Pwned looking for them. It was me.  You-Are-Pwned already has the data files he needs to restore them, but the problem is that they were written for version 1 of the app. Version 2 is apparently different and that's currently the barrier to including them.

I think  You-Are-Pwned will release a new Sonic Runners app, but it's probably worth keeping a copy of the original, just in case. 

23 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

By the way... do you know if we'll be able to unlock and level up characters and companions, or will everything already be unlocked?

I don't think it's been mentioned yet. 

Its since 3 days that the creator of custom server not says more about working of servers and not gives the apk to anyone yet and just hide the things since none asks him and because of that i not playing Sonic Runners for days ago cause servers got taken down and an youtube channel plays the damn Sonic Dash that sucks because Sonic Runners not work anymore. I want an kind of beta test to test the game with custom server before the public apk because i want to play Sonic Runners. Also can someone ask the creator of custom server that Rc battle cruiser work or no in the custom server apk?

@Darkness like @SonicEkkusu said, these things take time, I'd be thankful that he's even giving us a server to play on :)

It's up to him how he wants to handle beta testing, so you can't really demand to want to beta test his server. BUT, it looks like he has set it up in the meantime: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=33831&st=1560&p=866497&#entry866497

1 minute ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Do you seriously need a computer for this? I thought this would be as simple as downloading a new Sonic Runners app. My parents definitely wouldn't want me using their computer for this, so I'll just be done with Runners.

If you want, I can see about giving you the APK that I went through patching. But I wanna check to see if my game will connect first because I noticed that he requires a post stating your IP that you want to connect :/

So, I'm connected after he replied saying I was good to go, so I'm trying it out:

Screenshot_2016-08-03-11-33-32.pngScreenshot_2016-08-03-11-37-40.png

Tutorial stage is different in that it just plays the normal level instead of forced scenarios from the official build

He also linked me to an already patched version of the APK incase: @SonicEkkusu

https://mega.nz/#!aRpD3L4Z!g098Npl_8itBECPq12Wh0DBeYkPP9vQABN0nTZrRuEQ

So far, only timed mode works; trying to do Story Mode or use the roulette results in a connection error.

And ALSO, IMPORTANT NOTE! The game DOES NOT save your your progress yet! The creator had already pointed it out in the download instructions post!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SonicEkkusu said:

I keep trying to install it, but there's a conflicting package of the same name. Should I delete the official one?

That's what I did, there wasn't much reason to keep the official one anymore since you have to installed a modified one.

7 hours ago, blade57331 said:

Is Runners canon? (I want to say, no. It's just mobile game)

Well it does explain a lot of things  (e.g. Knuckles and the Master Emerald, wisps) so I would say yes.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:15 AM, blade57331 said:

I could say the same about Chronicles and yet... Yeah.

Chronicles wasn't made by Sonic Team. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the semi-closed beta testing is starting huh? thats good, hopefully Y-A-P. can get Runners back into working shape.

• 4 months later...