Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Oh, nice! That'll make getting through those top speed sections quite a bit easier.

I wish they could give red rings starting today  though.

Oh?

f530f87caf7427d5b068bab4b068ccb6.jpg

So,

6/21 Invincibility, Shields, Combo, Magnet, Springs

6/22 Wisps

6/23 50 Red Star Rings

6/24 10 Revive Tokens + Runners Soundtrack

6/25 10 Red Star Rings + Purchase Discounts + Worldwide Release

6/26 20 Red Star Rings + Start of Classic Sonic event

6/27 20 Red Star Rings

6/28 20 Red Star Rings

6/29 20 Red Star Rings

6/30 Yacker

CMIIW

So any ideas or speculation what happens to us rest of the world users who are getting this on Thursday, that have already acquired this by other means? Will the old one need uninstalled or what?

So any ideas or speculation what happens to us rest of the world users who are getting this on Thursday, that have already acquired this by other means? Will the old one need uninstalled or what?

Nope. The old users will continue as normal. There will be no difference between the "worldwide" version and the current, because the current version IS the worldwide version.

All what Sega is doing this Wed/Thu is turn on the switch in the backend for the rest of the world to download the same version we have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope. The old users will continue as normal. There will be no difference between the "worldwide" version and the current, because the current version IS the worldwide version.

All what Sega is doing this Wed/Thu is turn on the switch in the backend for the rest of the world to download the same version we have.

So Sega won't care that we are from the United States and have all this stuff already in the game, and Thursday I can go into Google Play and update the game?

When the game goes worldwide, so long as your game version matches the game version listed on the server, you can still play.

If the game version differs, update via the Google Play store, what it should do is update runners to the latest version that way.

If however it still doesn't work, installing the latest APK even if it's downloaded from another store will still allow you to play. 

This music of first vol OST:
1:Boss(Theory Of Attack)
2:Map(Where To Today?)
3:Zone2(Fly Away)
4:Easter(Spring Emotions)
5:Zone3(Power Ride)
6:Zone1(Beyond The Speed Of...)

• Thumbs Up 1

So Sega won't care that we are from the United States and have all this stuff already in the game, and Thursday I can go into Google Play and update the game?

I don't know for Google Play, but here is what happens for iOS.

When it releases worldwide, don't delete the game attached to your Canadian account. Otherwise you will lose all your data. HOWEVER if you are on iOS 8.2 or lower, you can download iFunbox and back up your game data. Then you can safety delete the game, and redownload the game under your main iOS account. This way, Sonic Runners will be attached to your main account.

Not to worry if you can't do that or couldn't be bothered to backup.

Before the worldwide release, everytime there was an update to the game, because the game was region locked everywhere bar Canada & Japan, we have to log out of our main account, log in to the Canadian account, update, log out and log in to main again.

After the worldwide release, that method is shortened. On your main account, go to App Store -> Updates -> Update Sonic Runners. It will be there as US/UK/worldwide App Store finally has the permission to view the game.

Problem is that the game will be still attached to your Canadian account. So as long you never forget your password to that Canadian account and/or the account is in good standing you'll be fine. Because Apple will in random occasions in the long future will ask you to enter the Canadian password. Failure to do so and the game won't update.

Ahh nooo I saw a character egg in roulette today and spent red rings to try and nab it. Roulette started spinning forever & I closed the app. Now the game won't load beyond title screen. :(

Ahh nooo I saw a character egg in roulette today and spent red rings to try and nab it. Roulette started spinning forever & I closed the app. Now the game won't load beyond title screen. :(

Theres a character egg for me as well, Classic Sonic released early or do character eggs just appear very rarely?

Theres a character egg for me as well, Classic Sonic released early or do character eggs just appear very rarely?

Not that I'm aware of! It's only ever been during a special event!

Checking my game now...

YUP! It's there! Looks like he got released early!

Annnnnd 300 rings down, nothing but junk.

Did anyone spin the roulette yet?

Yes. And I would advise people NOT to do it unless you want to risk your game right now. Waiting to hear back from support on what to do about my save.

I had Amitie Amy, all event companions and a fully leveled Caliburn on that save. I'd also spent money on Red Rings. Won't be happy if my save is totally messed up now...

Sorry, wasted in what way? You mean you used them on the roulette spin and didn't get the item you wanted?

That's the luck of the draw sadly, not much they can do there.

Feel free to correct me if I've misinterpreted you, that's just what I'm getting from what you've wrote.

Contacted Iizuka and the support page about this.

Are we really resorting to contacting the head of Sonic Team over our grievances with in-game freemium currencies?

• Thumbs Up 3

The odds button isn't working. So I decided not to spin the wheel. Not worth the risk.

Then keep it with the dedicated support teams. Or SEGA Customer Support.

Didn't we just recently have a drama about contacting developers directly over these sorts of things? 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes because some users can't get past the game's screen.

You mean 1 user can't get past the game's screen. Seems everyone else is fine. Could be an unknown glitch that happened only on her save.

Obviously Sega made a mistake, the roulette is currently broken. You will not get that character egg until the event starts. They will probably compensate all Runners players with 50 red star rings tomorrow or something.

Something is wrong with runners. I can play the game but there's some odd things going on.

Odds checker doesn't work.

Item timers not displaying correctly either.

However otherwise it seems fine. Just a tad annoyed at those 300 red rings down the drain.

I seriously think this character egg thing is a whole load of shit when it comes to events. They should have done it like Sonic Dash where you actually play the game and collect a certain amount of an item to unlock a character instead of this idiotic wheel that runs the risk you losing all red rings just for a chance at a character.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not the only user. I'm getting many reports on a facebook group. they're having the same problem as me now.

EDIT: Just remembered that I have a back up save of the last event (puyo) where I had like 500+ red star rings. Gonna try using iFunBox.

In other news:aeb8250c7ab15b4c5a288082957ffce7.jpg

I don't think a backed up save will be working.

I mean, usually, even if the backed up is on a computer or on that cloud, the back up data only acts as a key" to access your save, which is online.

Without the data, you can't access your save, don't matter how old it is, as long as it has the same ID it will simply act like a key, to open the door to your save

I think it's to prevent people doing things like spend "spent 100 red star rings on amy, no luck so ill go back to my backed up save when I still had those 100 rings" :P

The item timers are still working for me. In fact everything in this game is working apart from the roulette section which is broken.

Anyone who hasn't spun the wheel yet, don't! Not until the character egg is gone and the odds button functions again.

I seriously think this character egg thing is a whole load of shit when it comes to events. They should have done it like Sonic Dash where you actually play the game and collect a certain amount of an item to unlock a character instead of this idiotic wheel that runs the risk you losing all red rings just for a chance at a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

The item timers are still working for me. In fact everything in this game is working apart from the roulette section which is broken.

Anyone who hasn't spun the wheel yet, don't! Not until the character egg is gone and the odds button functions again.

What you said is even the half of it. You forgot to mention you have limited time as well to get that character. Once the event is over, God knows when the character will show up again. Classic Sonic for example, don't expect him to return until his next birthday maybe.

I'm currently waiting on SEGA Mobile Support to get back to me though they do say it can take anywhere to 48 hours for a reply. 

Lesson learned, in future going to make sure I have my save ID noted somewhere as I imagine that would help rescue my save if I actually had it on hand to give to mobile support. 

I guess a clean start wouldn't hurt, I'm just sad to lose Amitie Amy as I know there's almost zero chance of getting her again : (

Ah, so maybe that's why I got kicked back to the title screen yesterday. I accidentally spun the wheel thinking it had automatically taken me to the item wheel. Just booted it up now though, seems fine. Hopefully the problem is resolved.

Also I think lizuka should not be a go-to contact guy.