Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I'm currently waiting on SEGA Mobile Support to get back to me though they do say it can take anywhere to 48 hours for a reply. 

Lesson learned, in future going to make sure I have my save ID noted somewhere as I imagine that would help rescue my save if I actually had it on hand to give to mobile support. 

I guess a clean start wouldn't hurt, I'm just sad to lose Amitie Amy as I know there's almost zero chance of getting her again : (

they still didn't answer my question week ago

good luck

they still didn't answer my question week ago

good luck

They've gotten back to me suggesting the usual initial reset your app things, but also given me a list of questions to answer regarding error itself in case it's something the devs can sort out so heh. 

Answered that and just seeing what happens next. 

They've gotten back to me suggesting the usual initial reset your app things, but also given me a list of questions to answer regarding error itself in case it's something the devs can sort out so heh. 

Who did you get in contact with?

the first one names Galene , asked some question and never came back

then Corey came and asked me if the solution they gave fixed my problem or not

finally she said

Hello,

Thank you for updating us. Unfortunately, we are limited in what we can do for connection issues since it is outside of our control. We suggest trying a wifi connection or trying again later.

ummmm, what this has to do with the promotion issue ?

i can play the game, why i can't get promoted even when i am in first or 2nd or 3rd...or even number 11

ummmm, what this has to do with the promotion issue ?

i can play the game, why i can't get promoted even when i am in first or 2nd or 3rd...or even number 11

What grade are you in and do you still get the ranking rewards at the end of the week?

Who did you get in contact with?

At the moment dealing with a "Corey" via SEGA mobile's help form. 

TBH I'm not expecting much as I imagine if it's gotta go higher up if they believe it to be a dev issue.

What grade are you in and do you still get the ranking rewards at the end of the week?

i was in grade D

3 time still in D

and did what she said

- Make sure the date, time, and time zone are correctly set on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. Incorrect settings on your computer can sync to your device, so please verify the same on any computer that syncs with your device.

- Restart your modem, if possible.

- Be sure you're in range of your Wi-Fi router (access point). Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on.

- Go to the App Store/Google Play and log out, then log back in

- If you receive a message to resolve data conflict, select the option that best reflects the progress you want to keep.

there was also clear cache

after that i opened the game and found no save game

said..to hell with that

started new game ( just 3 hours before the ranking )

and reached number 1in F , but still didn't get promoted

So, I actually spun the wheel while the Classic Sonic egg was there earlier, before seeing the warnings, and nothing appears to be wrong. In fact I managed to get Caliburn, so I guess I dodged a bullet and found a penny on the floor at the same time. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing wrong with my game, except I dropped 100 red rings on 2 spins of the wheel with the character egg and got...not very much. That's less something 'wrong' and more like a case of 'it's just another Monday'. The odds thing doesn't display but I've not noticed any other strange goings on.

Can we talk points progression for a moment.

Since day 1 I've been using speed characters, since getting Espio to level 100 I've been using a combination of him and a level 80ish Sonic on a speed section for getting points.

On a good run, I can net 10 million in a single game which lasts for around 15-20 min on a speed stage.

For the final episode, 10 million is more than enough to complete an episode, so if you're lucky, you an easily progress a whole episode in a 15 min window.

Now since the update which greatly boosted Tails, I've noticed that I get more rings by far in a flying stage, I'm also getting a lot more points in a tails stage compared to a speed stage. For example, on a good run, if I don't get a yellow wisp + combo boost, I can get around 150-200k by the start of the third stage.

But on a tails stage, with Tails at barely level 40, I got well over that by the same point, the ring count was also greater, even though I was using Espio who has a ring boost. 

So aside from the fact that fly characters went from the worst to the best, are the fly stages much better in terms of having actual content for both points and rings?

Ok what the hell is going on with Runners today?

I was playing and got the message "A new version has been detected, restarting system" 

I just restarted and Runners hasn't updated and it's not on the Google Play store? Anyone else got that message?

Edit: Yup I'm still able to play...

Ok what the hell is going on with Runners today?

I was playing and got the message "A new version has been detected, restarting system" 

I just restarted and Runners hasn't updated and it's not on the Google Play store? Anyone else got that message?

I can confirm it's not on the UK IOS App Store or the UK Google Play store. I think the earliest the worldwide release will be is Wednesday. 

I got the update too. I checked the roulette wheel and the character egg is gone and the odds are working now. Must of done some sort of remote hotfix or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that I am the only one in this entire game who levels his characters at the same time instead of only making Sonic 100 up only. All 5 of my characters are at level 60 and because of that I did not have to worry about character changes. When I won Amitie Amy I only level her up until she caught up with my characters there.

Just got a notification that only 'some' users were affected by the roulette wheel bug and those users will get 50 red rings. The bug seems to be fuxed now, hope all you guys who got that bug get your rings :) the character egg has disappeared from the wheel.

EDIT: Just checked my gift box and I got 50 red rings too, even though I didn't get the bug. They must have just given them to anyone who logged in yesterday.

Yeah, got 50 red rings myself and I didn't even use the roulette today.

Guys, you DO know we are suppose to receive 50 Red Star Rings today due to the worldwide promotion right? The one you saw in the gift box isn't the one they are talking about.

The 50 Red Star Rings compensation has not been given out yet, at least not me.

Guys, you DO know we are suppose to receive 50 Red Star Rings today due to the worldwide promotion right? The one you saw in the gift box isn't the one they are talking about.

I got 100 Red Rings

Oh right, my bad, the notification I got for the Worldwide release promotion said it started on the 25th so I didn't think it could be that. Still, 50 red rings is appreciated whatever the reason :)
  • Thumbs Up 1

I reset my game in the end. But it's nice to know the devs acted swiftly. Bit sad about that but oh well...

So I beat the story mode I assume since it's just looping Episode 50 now.  Now to just horde stuff for events!

Update 1.1.0

[important] App Update Announcement

Sonic Runners will be updated to version 1.1.0 during the following Maintenance period.

The Double Item Roulette will be available after updating.

【Maintenance Period】
6/24 10PM ~ 7AM (UTC)

【Update Details】

・Worldwide Release
You can now compete with users all over the world in a multitude of languages.

・UI Updates
 Interface was redesigned

・Data Transfer
 Players can now transfer data to a new device. 

・Score Display Adjustments
 Scores will be displayed, including bonuses, in real time.

・Items
 Item button added so players can activate item effects.

・Continues
 Players can now continue twice. When continuing players get 1000 Rings and a Combo Bonus, Springs, Shield, Magnet, and 1 randomly selected Color Power activated.

・Experience System
 Earn experience in accordance with your score and level up your characters!

・Free Items
 Equippable Items and Boost Items will be free to use once everyday.

・Ranking Animations
 Animation will show you when you move up in the ranks.

・Tips 
 Useful tips will be displayed during load times.

■Others, Bug Fixes
・iOS 7.1.2 no longer supported. After updating, players using iOS 7.1.2 will no longer be able to play the game. 
  Make sure to update your OS to the most recent version.
・Minor Bug fixes

After maintenance has finished, you will need to update the app. 

※Maintenance times are subject to change without prior notice. 
※Check the official site for more information about the maintenance period.
※The app cannot be played during maintenance.
  • Thumbs Up 1