Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I wonder how often we will see events now that this thing is being released worldwide. Really wanna get a rappy eventually.

It's no longer telling me it's undergoing maintenance. fd057120325d00f9e4ac197a962284b1.jpg

I'm getting the same message but it's impossible to update until Sega put the game back up on the UK IOS Store

Sooo, how about that Mother Wisp? She was taken out of the artwork, apparently.

Got the update yet when I try to start the game, it says the server is still under maintenance. EDIT: I have found the game on Google Play. Downloading the update now. Wondering if my save data from the old APK before I deleted the app will be kept.

Update just went live on UK App Store. You can also search and download again. Only update information is:

"Sonic Runners is live worldwide!"

So I guess this means we're in business, folks! Server is under maintenance when you try to start. No luck yet.

The play store is telling me my phone isn't compatible like it did when it was a soft launch.  Guess it's not live for me yet?

I figure it'll be available when the maintenance ends, 7 AM UTC

I been trying tell people that. The game will be playable and on playstore or whatever device you use when the maintenance is over at 7a UTC.

Got the update to 1.1.0, though the maintenance ends when I'm out at work so I won't get to play the new version for the first 12 hours. I'll be checking here frequently for updates from players ;)

Installed new version from google play

It crashes immediately after the new intro image.

BTW,only sonic runners when i play it the black bar appears, how to remove it?

Other game doesn't do that

It talkes a while to load after the new into image but it does load, mine takes 10-15 seconds of black before the SEGA logo appeaars and the title screen appears.

• Thumbs Up 1

Game seems to instantly crash on startup.

Confirmed for multiple users.

I saw on the google play store a lot of users complaining it doesn't work on Samsung devices.  Interestingly enough Mollfie's phone, a samsung, goes so far to say she can't download it as it is incompatible.

Meanwhile since our only other device is a Kindle Fire which requires jiggery-pokery to access the Google Play store on, I tried to download the official UK release on Bluestacks and the game just hangs (not crashing Bluestacks) after the SEGA logo fades in.

Just tried to update it on my end and it now says my device isnt compatible.

Galaxy S5.

Been playing runners fine since launch.

Utterly pathetic Sega. Anyone got the APK?

Just tried to update it on my end and it now says my device isnt compatible.

Galaxy S5.

Been playing runners fine since launch.

Utterly pathetic Sega. Anyone got the APK?

I have it, Uploading As soon as i get off work

I'd second a APK considering my main tablet is a Kindle Fire HDX and Sonic Runners probably won't be on the store for another month or two considering other times of this practice being used for the other Sonic android games.

EDIT: 

I have it, Uploading As soon as i get off work

Doing gods work, Eddy.

I guess that might be it.  I have a Note 4.  Guess I'll check the APK tomorrow, unless SEGA fixes the compatibility issue.

Tested the following

Nexus 7 tablet. (Never had runners installed)

Sony Xperia Z 3.

Samsung Galaxy S5.

All with latest firmware/updates. All except the Nexus could play Runners as of yesterday.

All now do not work.

I haven't touched the game since about a month and a half or so ago.

Did the game drop the "spend rings to level up characters" thing before now? And drop rewards on each of the hexagons leading to Eggman? Sonic gains traditional EXP now to level up. I may just be very late to the party here...

EDIT: Video ads  :unsure:

EDIT 2: Look at Sonic's character select screen, get forced to spend Rings on the level up as part of a "tutorial". Lame. Forced as in, a hand points at the button and you can't do anything else until you level up.

Seems there is a universal issue with Android devices being incompatible right now. Guess we'll have to wait on SEGA to fix it...

I haven't touched the game since about a month and a half or so ago.

Did the game drop the "spend rings to level up characters" thing before now? And drop rewards on each of the hexagons leading to Eggman? Sonic gains traditional EXP now to level up. I may just be very late to the party here...

Uh, I can still level up my characters with rings, though the prices seem...adjusted (read: doubled). As for the rewards, they've probably just expired because you hasn't played in a while.

Anyway, here's some changes I noticed that weren't in the release notes:

-Facebook doesn't seem to work. This is unfortunate because now I'll actually have to start earning my rings again (at least I have 300 revive tokens, heheh)

-Rewards for beating episodes seem to be reduced. I beat 50-2 and got 10000 rings, but only 5 red star rings.

-You can now revive for free once with a video. I will definitely be taking advantage of this.

-The premium roulette has all slots as rare, except the top slot as super rare. It's currently impossible to get a normal companion, so now might be a good time to spin, though Classic Sonic is coming tomorrow.

There's probably plenty of other changes, but I'm going to sleep.