Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Downloaded it from the app store onto my iPhone6 haven't been able to play it at ALL. I open it, it says it needs to download game data and then just comes up with a connection error, and tells me to move to somewhere I have a stronger signal. no matter what I do it just keeps saying I have a connection error,

won't download at all. not sure if this is a problem on my end or if this is ANOTHER problem people are having with this game because SEGA released it as a buggy mess. anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

Downloaded it from the app store onto my iPhone6 haven't been able to play it at ALL. I open it, it says it needs to download game data and then just comes up with a connection error, and tells me to move to somewhere I have a stronger signal. no matter what I do it just keeps saying I have a connection error,

won't download at all. not sure if this is a problem on my end or if this is ANOTHER problem people are having with this game because SEGA released it as a buggy mess. anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

Some people crash at the SEGA logo, others press start and it it stays loading forever, others enter the game but eventually crash, other people's smartphones get so hot it becomes a fire hazard, its TOTAL CHAOS like the back of SA:DX box says.

• Thumbs Up 2

【ソニック ランナーズ】全世界配信開始!6月26日より、ソニックバースデーイベント開催!

I just got that emailed to me. I'm assuming it's for Classic Sonic!

【ソニック ランナーズ】全世界配信開始!6月26日より、ソニックバースデーイベント開催!

I just got that emailed to me. I'm assuming it's for Classic Sonic!

Translated: 

[ Sonic Runners ] with worldwide delivery start ! From June 26 , Sonic birthday events held !

Translated: 

So, the Birthday event is still on schedule?  I guess they fixed the BGM problem they had.

I'm glad the game is finally out, I'm having a lot of fun with it, but too many things about the game are incredibly annoying. Sega's excuse for not releasing it to the whole world since it's Japanese and Canadian release back in February, was because they were calling it a soft launch, and were waiting to "perfect" the game, before a wide release. They made us wait nearly 4 months later, and the game is no different than it was before, some are saying it's worse even. A lot of people on Android are having severe issues with the game, and Apple users are reporting how the game keeps resetting, every time they press the home button on their devices. It's so frustrating to know that they had no excuse for not releasing it to the world back in February, since the game still has too many issues, and they gave us nothing extra to apologize for the ridiculously long wait. Also, I'm really annoyed with how impossible it is to unlock Amy. Will there ever be a better unlock option for her?! I will never be able to unlock Amy, because all my friends on Facebook are either not gamers, not Sonic fans, or they don't own a tablet. Also, it's retarded for Sega to expect us to get Amy by informing 10 friends to join the game, and have them play the game because of your request. A lot of people ignore friend requests, or they'd likely download the game on their own. Only Sonic fans are aware of this game's existence, so how the Hell did Sega assume this was a great way to unlock a character like Amy?... It really ticks me off that that's the only way to unlock her, out of all the characters, why is Amy so complicated to get? No character should be so hard to obtain. You'd think Sega would rather sell the character as a micro transaction? After all the crap they gave us, we deserve Amy for free. 

My final thoughts, it's got fun and addicting gameplay, and the soundtrack is a great mix of music from Lost World, and catchy new music pieces for the levels. The buddies hold great nostalgic tributes to past Sonic and Sega franchises, and their special abilities really make you want to collect them all. As fun as the game is, the fact that it's still a free to play game with too many microtransactions/waiting periods, advertisements, and limited time unlockables, really affect the game in a negative way, along with how complicated it is to unlock Amy as a character. The story of the game is pretty dull and repetitive, it's a shame there's no voice acting, animations, or backgrounds to really tell a story in the game. It is so pointless for this game to have a story, it's nothing but tutorial talk, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles finding a sad animal, or a worried Omachao, and working together to make them happy, followed by Sonic catching up with Eggman, only to run away, and repeat the same cycle in the following chapter.  The lack of a level select is also a bit of a bummer.

So I was finally able to play using that turning off the wi-fi trick and it's such a shame they did a terrible job with the update because some of the updates are cool.

I'll probably just get Classic Sonic later on and stop till they fix it.

So, it's June 26 now... Is the birthday event only for the Japanese version?? Or has it just not started yet? 

So, it's June 26 now... Is the birthday event only for the Japanese version?? Or has it just not started yet? 

I don't believe that it has started yet, since a notification was sent out earlier talking about "Waiting until the 26th."

Well, still no sign of Classic Sonic yet.  I'll be checking every 30 minutes and update when it's available.... If I don't fall asleep.

An update for Android users will be available later today at 8:30 UTC!  Also, no maintenance for the update!  Still nothing on the event though.

Well, still no sign of Classic Sonic yet.  I'll be checking every 30 minutes and update when it's available.... If I don't fall asleep.

An update for Android users will be available later today at 8:30 UTC!  Also, no maintenance for the update!  Still nothing on the event though.

Proof?

Proof?

An ingame notification.  You should see it when you get to the map.

【Important】 Game Update

Thank you for playing Sonic Runners.
The Android version of the game is being updated to Version 1.1.1

※This is the Android version only.
※There will be no maintenance to correspond with this update.
※The update will start at the time indicated below.

【Update Schedule】
Friday, June 26 at 8:30AM (UTC).
Update timing may vary by device.

【Details】
Bug Fix
This update will be necessary to play the game. 
Please update from the Google Play page.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Started the game where it gave me the Android update notification. Then it reset saying it found a more recent version.

No sign of Classic Sonic yet...

This whole thing has taken a toll on the playstore rating as well. It was like 4 out of 5 when I updated the app from it earlier today, now it's 3.3. What a shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

An ingame notification.  You should see it when you get to the map.

I don't have the game. My tablet can handle MK X & Asphalt 8 and this is incompatible.

I don't have the game. My tablet can handle MK X & Asphalt 8 and this is incompatible.

Here is the translated Tweet from the JP Sonic Runners Twitter:
[information] Regarding some Android terminal, since the operation failure will be will carry out Android only version up for who discovered the new version 1.1.1 is different from the delivery time of the store for each customer of the terminal, be appropriately delivered as soon as the app update thank you to
 # Sonic Runners

Ha! Got Em!!!

c989d58f0402dcb643d68f6ce749796a.jpg

Lucky. Wait . the update didn't fix the android incompatibility problem?

Ha! Got Em!!!

c989d58f0402dcb643d68f6ce749796a.jpg

Huh, pretty cool that they call him Classic Sonic. It would've been kind of lame if he was called "Legacy" Sonic or something else.

Anyway, on my end it keeps crashing and there's no update according to the Google playstore. I guess I'm gonna have to wait.