Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

This is really really really really unfortunate.

I have made mutiple backup I made with Titanium Backup on my android phone that I've used in the past and worked without losing data.

But it seems like everytime I try to update to version 1.1.1, I completely lose my data and get back to level 1.

You can't believe how much I'm angry about this.

Anybody experiencing this?

Well, the game seems to be working fine for me now. I'm currently waiting for my revive tokens to replenish now....

Genesis, Death Egg, Classic Sonic, YOU WILL BE MINE.

I got him on my second try!

hzUuhGU.png

Also, dat Palm Tree Panic music. They should really use more classic era songs in the game.

Loaded APK to my Galaxy Tab 4, crashes on launch

It just pathetic that game suddenly doesn't work with about 1 year old model with newest android. Yes, SEGA said that they are working with Android but I don't trust them to fix anything considering their old track record with broken Sonic games.

Whooo! The APK is working!  And I made it to S rank :D

No its not working! What type of phone do you use!?

Congrats to those who can play it now. 

I'm still stuck in an endless cycle of connection errors when it tries to download game data.. 

I've tried everything I can think of to work around it, but I guess I just have to wait till SEGA gets around to releasing an update to make it playable. :(

11659402_1014761575208701_60454044454489

Yeeeeeeeesssss.

Also fuck the requirements for Classic Sonic. Like hell I'm blowing money for red rings, and collecting special eggs takes an eternity. Incredibly scummy way of implementing a fan-favourite character, but hey; it's Free to Play, can't say I didn't expect it.

I only had 260 red rings which was approximately 5 spins, got the genesis companions and caliburn level. 2 Carts, 1 Mega Drive, and 1 Caliburn. or.. was it 3 carts? I'll have to check. But I'm waiting a bit before I get back to grinding for Red Rings. Classic Sonic will be mine!

Is it me or does Classic Sonic feel a bit more heavy than Modern Sonic?

Tried three times on the wheel to get Classic Sonic, but only got companions. 

I got Easter Bunny (who is crap), Sonic & Knuckles Cartridge (who I don't know), and Chip (Who again, I don't know)

Yeeeeeeeesssss.

Also fuck the requirements for Classic Sonic. Like hell I'm blowing money for red rings, and collecting special eggs takes an eternity. Incredibly scummy way of implementing a fan-favourite character, but hey; it's Free to Play, can't say I didn't expect it.

Eh, well all the characters have been implemented this way so I don't know. I personally don't like the eggs only because the chances are so low but at the same time every character event we've had so far has been implemented this way so it's fair, I guess.

So I've been playing it for a while on a Galaxy S5 (same device I've used for all Runners releases so far).

I am... not that impressed.

This update is very poor in my opinion. Whilst some people here are cheering and singing it's praise, I notice the majority of them are first time users, well... this game isn't running anywhere near as well as it used to be, there are also a lot of bugs popping up too.

1: Poor Optimisation, phone gets much hotter than previously, can't play it as long as I could previously, all signs point to poor testing/optimisation of the Android platform.

2: Buddies/companions no longer collect animals.

3: Random freezes, had an asteroid wisp and the game froze for 5 seconds.

4: Interface randomly stops registering inputs. After one game I had to constantly press the phones 'back' button to escape the game.

5: Random glitches/bugs, asteroid wisp will sometimes randomly fly to the top of the screen and won't come down.

6: Lag lag lag lag lag oh and more lag.

So I've been playing it for a while on a Galaxy S5 (same device I've used for all Runners releases so far).

This update is very poor in my opinion. Whilst some people here are cheering and singing it's praise, I notice the majority of them are first time users, well... this game isn't running anywhere near as well as it used to be, there are also a lot of bugs popping up too.

1: Poor Optimisation, phone gets much hotter than previously, can't play it as long as I could previously, all signs point to poor testing/optimisation of the Android platform.

4: Interface randomly stops registering inputs. After one game I had to constantly press the phones 'back' button to escape the game.

5: Random glitches/bugs, asteroid wisp will sometimes randomly fly to the top of the screen and won't come down.

That's interesting. I'm on the S5 Mini technically so I'm not sure if there's a notable spec difference here but I've had any of those issues in the few hours I've been playing. Number 2 might apply for me, I haven't really noticed that yet but I can categorically say I've not had any of the raised heat issues thus far.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's weird, I'm not having any of the issues with performance you mentioned;/the game runs the same on my Moto X 2014 as it did with the soft launch APK. I have no idea why the issues would come up on your phone only as both of our phones have the same processor.

Strange, I haven't any of those problems. Besides optimization but the optimizations been like that since the soft launch. I will say though that I'm not getting lag but rather random spikes, which is technically still lag? Either way it really sucks when I jump, it spikes, and then I go higher than I'm supposed to and hit a drill missile. Also spiking when hitting a springboard, which I'm normally good with, and then getting sent directly forward with no upward speed leading me into a pit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be so annoyed if Red Rings weren't so hard to get in decent amounts. 50 Red Rings is hard to get.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol oh really Sega?

You now get even less red rings for your money from the store.

I have a Galaxy S5 myself and I haven't had one of those problems either (except for companions not collecting animals.)

Just playing "Birthday on Windy Hill," and hey look! It's Chip in the story! Looks like he's back from the center of the Earth....

Wait a minute.