Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

It looks like everyone here has the game. I'm confused, I tried looking it up on Google Play and it's not there. 

That's not true. Our save data is stored in Sega's servers. Only our log in data is stored in our devices locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought all data was stored locally, and required a connection for other purposes like an 'always online' experience (lives system/frequent events/leaderboards etc). Not that it really matters either - save data is currently not shared between devices.

It looks like everyone here has the game. I'm confused, I tried looking it up on Google Play and it's not there. 

It's only out in Canada and Japan right now. To get the Android version, simply download the .apk. On iOS, make a Canadian account to use on the App Store.

It got soft release in Canada and Japan. You either have to download an APK or make a Canadian Apple ID if you have a IPhone device.

Edit: BLUE BLOOOOOOD

11064679_1389053271413775_11576398435407

So I got the UFO. As well as Espio! 

The UFO is... Sorta ok? at level 0 it picks up every animal on screen if you have a 400 combo... but... it doesn't seem to work. I had that combo bonus a few times and I didn't notice it doing anything.

However if it does work, future animal capture events just became a whole lot easier.

Also something about this game I'm starting to notice/think about. As you update companions, various daily events and also special challenges become a whole lot easier.

For example.

A ring event X1.5. Do this...

Chaotix character + Gold Chao = a 75% bonus + Gold chao ring bonus. Add on top of this something like angel chao or any other companion which boosts all score abilities = HUGE Ring gains.

Same can be done with other characters and events, for instance the distance run challenge, Chip runs off for 10-15 seconds at level 1, he can cover several hundred meters, even at level 0. So chip, combined with distance run boosters, you get a huge bonus there too 

I'm really disliking SEGA.

PS. The only people who can enjoy this game are rich bastards (If you dont have money all you are playing is a death simulation), shows you who SEGA really is. I have not gotten a single Chaotix all I get are normal Eggs, the Pin Wheel the most useless companion is now the highest level, and I will cut my wrists.

I really HATE this world's society.

So much FaceBook and crap and ppl can't gift u anything, all they want is you invite more friends so they get your money, I hope Anonymous or other corporate vigilante has a "word" with SEGA.

This is not what I want the future of gaming to be! And I know I'm not alone.

I'm tired of Flappy Hedgehog with transactions which I will NEVER waste a dime on because I have a LIFE and its poor and miserable I barely make the rent! I hope snobs get smacked hard they have it coming soon you will see. And we the poor will win, your Nightmare Rich ppl is coming, hold on to ur asses.

We are up to HERE with your crap rich ppl.

The only people who can enjoy this game are rich bastards, shows you who SEGA really is.

I really HATE this world.

abortionmisogynypro-choi.gif

The only people who can enjoy it are rich bastards? Get real. Yeah, it's money-grabbing. This is really, really normal though. It's still fun, if rather repetitive.

EDIT: Oh my God you edited your post and made it even more ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 6

The only people who can enjoy this game are rich bastards, shows you who SEGA really is.

I really HATE this world.

lol the fuck? 

I've not spent a penny on this game and I'm enjoying it and doing really well on it. Not sure how many red rings I've had but it's well over 500 easily.

edit:

We are up to HERE with your crap rich ppl.

.... ... seriously?

Wait a second... gee for a rich peoples only game, that sure is some progress!

• Thumbs Up 3

lol the fuck? 

I've not spent a penny on this game and I'm enjoying it and doing really well on it. Not sure how many red rings I've had but it's well over 500 easily.

edit:

.... ... seriously?

Wait a second... gee for a rich peoples only game, that sure is some progress!

Yes, but its beginning to wear me down, as you progress you barely get any distance the farther you go. The max score I get per run is usually 10000 and 20000 if I'm lucky, that just doesn't cut it anymore and its wearing me down. And soon the Chaotix event will end, at this rate I dont think i will be able to get enough Red Star Rings, and i will miss out on the Chaotix Character who are my favorite team besides the Hero team.

Also I usually tend to have ALOT of lag sometimes and it is basically unplayable then.

Sorry about my blatant outburst ramble earlier but I have alot of weight on my shoulders, in the game and on RL.

It is a good game, I just hope you have a good connection, Sonic Runners needs internet speed to be really fun! Also, Maybe I dont have good reflexes, I could never "think fast" so my level of enjoyment is lower than most people, games these days are faster and badder than they used to be in my day (I been playing Sonic since 1991).

Good Luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually if the raw score you're getting without boosters is about 1 to 2 hundred thousand, you're actually just not very good at the game. I don't think I'll unlock any of the Chaotix either but it's no big deal. They'll run a campaign for players to unlock them again, especially cause this game is only officially available to Canadian and Japanese residents right now.

All these characters will be purchasable with red rings once the game goes worldwide anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

All these characters will be purchasable with red rings once the game goes worldwide anyway.

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

Because we've got to get all that European money!

Because Sonic Dash did that as well?

Two different games, two different developers. Dash and Runners have no connection what so ever except it's Sonic and Sega getting the money in both ends.

Because we've got to get all that European money!

What about the Americans? D=

And buying Red Star Rings just to gamble for a character egg is much better for Sega as people will keep buying rings and spinning the wheel until they get that character. Dirty, but more money for them.

Sonic Dash/Jump/Jump Fever were all made by SEGA. Hardlight is owned by SEGA. Sonic Team was involved with those titles even if they weren't developing it. I think it's kind of obvious by the fact all games share the same exact microtransaction system.

Sonic Dash/Jump/Jump Fever were all made by SEGA. Hardlight is owned by SEGA. Sonic Team was involved with those titles even if they weren't developing it. I think it's kind of obvious by the fact all games share the same exact microtransaction system.

It is still two different developers. Sonic Team and Hardlight are not the same. It is still two different games. 

You could always buy characters from the get-go in Sonic Dash. Even at launch. You can't in Runners. I'm not saying they will never add the option to buy characters in the future, but right now it seems unlikely since this roulette system they have going here is the best way to squeeze more money out of you and for you to keep coming back.

I didn't want to wait to play Sonic Runners so I downloaded it to my Kindle Fire. It runs surprisingly smooth and it's actually pretty fun. My only complaints is that the UI needs to be cleaned up a little and the menus flow extremely bad.

Yes, but its beginning to wear me down, as you progress you barely get any distance the farther you go. The max score I get per run is usually 10000 and 20000 if I'm lucky, that just doesn't cut it anymore and its wearing me down. And soon the Chaotix event will end, at this rate I dont think i will be able to get enough Red Star Rings, and i will miss out on the Chaotix Character who are my favorite team besides the Hero team.

Also I usually tend to have ALOT of lag sometimes and it is basically unplayable then.

Sorry about my blatant outburst ramble earlier but I have alot of weight on my shoulders, in the game and on RL.

It is a good game, I just hope you have a good connection, Sonic Runners needs internet speed to be really fun! Also, Maybe I dont have good reflexes, I could never "think fast" so my level of enjoyment is lower than most people, games these days are faster and badder than they used to be in my day (I been playing Sonic since 1991).

Good Luck.

I agree it does take a long time to go through a story episode. I on number 29 and it will probably take me 9 tries before completing it. I usually get around 200,000 to 400,000 with my highest score being 575,904 points.

N5je1jPl.jpg

I get lag the longer I play the game. I only have won Vector but my favorite Chaotix character is Charmy and probably not going to get him sadly.

The one thing I hate about Sonic Runners are the pits. They are annoying is the number one way I lose the game. The second way I lose is when you get hurt and instantly hit a wall and automatically lose. If I could describe the 4 speed zones, they would go like this.

Beginning Game: Easy

Speed Up #1: Medium

Speed Up #2: Hard

Speed Up #3 TOP SPEED!: F YOU!

They could be more generous with the regular rings as I struggle to make enough to use sub character in game. I think the game has great potential. Probably need to make it less pits or you know eliminate the pits all together. I hate those deep pits there!

It gets insanely harder the further you progress in the story, I used to go over 400000 but now I only pull off over 100000's and 200000's. The boss battles become impossible, I just use invincibility capsules and I was lucky I was able to get the Caliburn and to lev 1 too (Still no Chip) so now it does 3 hits to bosses if I'm using Knuckles (or if you have power char).

Its so hard now that even bottomless pits are not really the problem anymore as theres so much shit going on, so I just dont waste rings on anything anymore. I used to waste rings on the auto springs when u fall from certain distance and on all sorts of items like the dual character key, which drains your rings faster than you can say crap.

Anyways....maybe I can spare a few 1000 rings now and then since I managed to get Angel Chaos and Golden Pig, still no Chaotix member yet....

But 3 Pin Wheels...that still pisses me off...

Maybe I will level my chars more...hmm..maybe Sonic..I just wanna end the blasted Story. (if u beat the chap 35 Eggman the one about the Dragons treasure please let me know what they said when they beat eggman as my game crashed then)

One thing is for sure, I will never waste real money on this, specially if its luck based AND online only. This game, all your progress all your sweat and tears will be for nothing once SEGA pulls the plug 2 or 3 years from now (so to speak).

My only hope is they make a console game with elements from this game as good use for the wisps and items, more fleshed out animal friends and chao, all the characters being useful, playable and cool, Eggman being main boss with many eggman boss battles, good music, and please no auto run (AKA on rails) ever again on a Sonic game...that was the reason I sold Secret Rings on Ebay ASAP)

Secret rings is worse than 06 or Boom for me, I wanna burn that game.

I finally got round to getting the update on my iOS, and it wouldn't sync with my iPhone after I downloaded it via the iOS Store using my PC (to get around the fact it's not out in my country yet). Even after removing the app and leaving the game data it refused to install the updated copy and kept failing the sync. I ended up having to delete the original copy on my phone plus its extra data and then install it fresh via my PC through iTunes so it would actually install and run the updated version.

Then to my horror when I started it up it had wiped all my progress and everything. Even after logging into Facebook it was still running off the new ID tag. What kind of game these days stores all its player data and info on the app or phone itself? That's just stupid! So there goes my level progress, my Vector and Charmy, my companions, my prizes from the special events etc.

At this point I don't think ill even bother playing it again until it reaches my shores, if it ever does, as if this is gunna happen every time I need to update it then its kinda pointless trying to get anywhere >.<

I finally got round to getting the update on my iOS, and it wouldn't sync with my iPhone after I downloaded it via the iOS Store using my PC (to get around the fact it's not out in my country yet). Even after removing the app and leaving the game data it refused to install the updated copy and kept failing the sync. I ended up having to delete the original copy on my phone plus its extra data and then install it fresh via my PC through iTunes so it would actually install and run the updated version.

Then to my horror when I started it up it had wiped all my progress and everything. Even after logging into Facebook it was still running off the new ID tag. What kind of game these days stores all its player data and info on the app or phone itself? That's just stupid! So there goes my level progress, my Vector and Charmy, my companions, my prizes from the special events etc.

At this point I don't think ill even bother playing it again until it reaches my shores, if it ever does, as if this is gunna happen every time I need to update it then its kinda pointless trying to get anywhere >.<

I'm sorry that had to happen I wish I could help ya, I just wish games used to belong to us the users and not the companies! Say no to digitization and DRMs, anything that tries to make you their slave and take your control is not good at all! Keep an open mind.

You should have asked for help here before you removed the app, as I could have helped ya....

Have you performed a local backup or (an iCloud backup) before removing the app?

I'm sorry that had to happen I wish I could help ya, I just wish games used to belong to us the users and not the companies! Say no to digitization and DRMs, anything that tries to make you their slave and take your control is not good at all! Keep an open mind.

Tomorrow... we look at the traveller community... can they really put a curse on you?

What does that DRM rant have to do with what happened to him?

The game relies on having a network connection. He has to update to get new companions, challenges and other services. Even if you had an offline mode you'd be so restricted in what you could do why would you even play it?

Tomorrow... we look at the traveller community... can they really put a curse on you?

What does that DRM rant have to do with what happened to him?

The game relies on having a network connection. He has to update to get new companions, challenges and other services. Even if you had an offline mode you'd be so restricted in what you could do why would you even play it?

It's fine, I wont comment anymore on this topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've noticed that I've been getting a bit of lag after the most recent game update, not 100% sure if its the update or if perhaps my internet connection coincidentally is playing up.

Just about to hit level 40, my best scores these days come from the speed levels. Power levels are not too bad, but fly levels are pretty hard.