Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Anyone else find it odd that Palmtree Panic was the selected OST for the event? It's a good song and all but it isn't what many fans would call the most memorable Sonic OST out there

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wants 10 free revive tokens?  ;)

Oh hey thanks, I just ran out. 

Anyone else find it odd that Palmtree Panic was the selected OST for the event? It's a good song and all but it isn't what many fans would call the most memorable Sonic OST out there

I thought it was odd at first but then I noticed it makes for good party music. Maybe it's the "yayyy"s the song has. It's pretty upbeat. 

...Last I checked it's the opposite; Sonic CD's OST is much loved.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooooh!!! How do I get them! :o

With the game closed go to that webpage or scan that qr code with your smartphone. Then, in that page, tap the big button and the game should start automatically  ;)

post-7482-0-92583600-1435429099_thumb.jp

...Last I checked it's the opposite; Sonic CD's OST is much loved.

Alright, I should correct myself, Sonic CD's Palmtree Panic theme doesn't seem that memorable. At least to me, especially compared to things like Open Your Heart, Chemical Plant, Green Hill etc. Even Tropical Resort would have been better as it could fit more into the party theme 

Classic Sonic functions exactly the same as Modern Sonic, as far as I can tell. So outside of a nostalgic aesthetic, there's no advantage to him from a gameplay standpoint.

I got him and am glad I got him, because I love the spinny feet! <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Well i am only at episode 20, so i guess it could help me to have 2 speed characters...

But he is really hard to get, i tried 5 times, and i got:3 cartridges, chip, wizard chao

Alright, I should correct myself, Sonic CD's Palmtree Panic theme doesn't seem that memorable. At least to me, especially compared to things like Open Your Heart, Chemical Plant, Green Hill etc. Even Tropical Resort would have been better as it could fit more into the party theme 

On the bit of using music from the other Genesis-era Sonic games: Well, when you look at the availability for the classic Sonic game's soundtracks (using Sonic 1 and 2's music require paying royalties to Masato Nakamura, whereas Sonic 3 & Knuckles's music have some mysterious legal voodoo hanging around them for whatever reason), I don't find it too surprising Sonic CD would be their immediate choice.

That and I think it's pretty neat that Sega/ST's more willing to use material from Sonic CD's JP soundtrack these days. Up until they seemed to get the rights settled for the Taxman remake (barring the lyrics to YCDA, but they finally got that cleared this year), the US soundtrack seemed to get more exposure than the JP soundtrack-the Sega PC port used the US soundtrack in all regions; and the port in the EU release of Gems Collection used the US soundtrack, rather than the JP soundtrack that was used in the original release.

I wouldn't even consider Generations canon (considering odd timeline shenans),

Uh, from what I've seen and heard, Generations did happen in-continuity, it's just that the nature of the game means that some things and details shouldn't be taken at face value or too seriously (like the implication of Sonic aging, or Blaze recalling Crisis City). Silver and Blaze meeting there and then interacting at the party doesn't seem like one of those details since them talking isn't a contradiction of anything really. 

They probably didn't want to pay Nakamura royalties to use the Green Hill music so they went for with the CD soundtrack?

Also, I remember being told that if you can't find an app through the Google Play app it's because your phone is not compatible (you can however find it through a link.)

At least that's what I remember happening with Sonic Dash and my old phone. It wasn't till they made it compatible that it finally appeared for me in the store.

Can someone tell me witch combinations of buddies shoul i use?

I have:

-Chip:15-second dash

-Hero Chao:boosts rings by 25%

-Cartridge:Boost cakes 70%     /     Bagin with 350 combo

-Genesis: combo unbreakable for 55 secs

-Wizard chao: Combo bonus,Spings, Magnet last 25% longer

-Yacker:Wisps last 25% longer

-Skull chao:Animal boost by 75%

-Pumpkin Chao:Boosts score by 30%

I have:

On the bit of using music from the other Genesis-era Sonic games: Well, when you look at the availability for the classic Sonic game's soundtracks (using Sonic 1 and 2's music require paying royalties to Masato Nakamura, whereas Sonic 3 & Knuckles's music have some mysterious legal voodoo hanging around them for whatever reason), I don't find it too surprising Sonic CD would be their immediate choice.

Yeah, but pretty much all the of the music in the rest of the event is from Sonic 3&K. Hell, the cartridge even has S3&K locked-on for... some reason

I have:

Had another whirl on the wheel...cartridge.

I'm currently struggling to even get back to at least 50 RSRs each time so I think next time round I'm just going to be holding off in the vain hope the odds change.