Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Finally got the game to work. And it's pretty much the same as before only with ads. Shame that they didn't improve loadtimes at all, to mobile game it has to me way too long times. One change that I really like is that fly-types flying attack is improved. Well, it was even before better than in classic games.

When it comes to event bonuses, I have unlocked cartridge. It was pretty surprising that event level has Palm Tree Panic's music. But thats only a good thing.

Overall, Runners is a fun game for IOS, it certainly feels more Sonic game than any other freemium games. It also shows that SEGA can still do multiple characters right.

Unfortunately it also shows that how hard time SEGA has with launches. I mean, at least 4 years in the row SEGA had fucked up at least 1 of it's major releases. Honestly, I hope that next year the possible anniversary game isn't SEGAs only major release or I am really concerned.

To give an example of how much of a pain in the ass progressing after Episode 19 is. By the time you get to Top Speed, you have to be lucky to have at least 500,000. This is something that really pisses me off. The level design feels a lot more cheap and harder to actually get a decent score while the rewards have been nerfed into something worthless. The reason you want Red Star Rings is to use the premium roulette, and yet you can only get 5 RSRs for doing a long episode, depending if you even have enough revive tokens to get through the episode since that's been nerfed as well. To get 50 RSR's for one turn on the wheel, you need to complete 10 episodes just to get enough for one spin. 

Now you might be thinking ''Ryan, come on, aren't you exaggerating here?''. Well here's another thing. I think Sega have actually nerfed down the value of crystals and collectables after episode 20, and it's for the simple fact that when I'm playing the Birthday Event stage, I can easily get up to over 700,000 points before even hitting Top Speed, and yet you have to be lucky to even hit 400,000 before you get to the top speed section in the story episodes after Episode 20. It doesn't help matters much that after episode 20, you need 280,00 per level checkpoint to even progress. 

I don't know, but it feels like Sega just flat out fucked up this game just to make people buy red rings to get anywhere. It's annoying to say the least.

Ok, so is sending tokens only down for android users or is it for all Westerners? I keep noticing Tomoya Ohtani keeps sending me tokens but he is the only one that does it since I haven't received anything from other people.

Now you might be thinking ''Ryan, come on, aren't you exaggerating here?''. Well here's another thing. I think Sega have actually nerfed down the value of crystals and collectables after episode 20, and it's for the simple fact that when I'm playing the Birthday Event stage, I can easily get up to over 700,000 points before even hitting Top Speed, and yet you have to be lucky to even hit 400,000 before you get to the top speed section in the story episodes after Episode 20. It doesn't help matters much that after episode 20, you need 280,00 per level checkpoint to even progress. 

That's how it's been prior to worldwide launch.

Also...

runnersasteroid.png

I got another asteroid wisp... who proceeded to climb up to the top of the stage on his own... and refused to come down.

I call him George, George the asteroid wisp, his only wish is to be free of this terrible game and go to a better one.

I think this game needs a Sonic Stadium Re-Review

It's getting one.

according to some hackers , they changed a lot  in this version

now you can't ever cheat the red rings or even edit it

now you can't ever cheat the red rings or even edit it

Exactly what do you expect? Why would Sega allow hackers and cheaters to break their system and cheat their game? Activision and any other developers ban anyone who hacks on Call of Duty, and you expect Sega to allow hackers an option to cheat their system, the very system they use for their profits from this free to play game?

This change was needed because it's just totally unfair that players can cheat leaderboards and get items easily because they cheat the game. The fact Sega managed to stop hackers from cheating in the game is a good thing, it's not exactly asking much that you play fair.

Exactly what do you expect? Why would Sega allow hackers and cheaters to break their system and cheat their game? Activision and any other developers ban anyone who hacks on Call of Duty, and you expect Sega to allow hackers an option to cheat their system, the very system they use for their profits from this free to play game.

This change was needed because it's just totally unfair that players can cheat leaderboards and get items easily because they cheat the game

people still cheat in sonic dash

people still cheat in sonic dash

Sonic Dash wasn't developed by Sega or Sonic Team. That's up to the studio who made that game to patch it.

I don't see your point here, it sounds like you are complaining because you actually have to play the game fairly now.

Sonic Dash wasn't developed by Sega or Sonic Team. That's up to the studio who made that game to patch it.

I don't see your point here, it sounds like you are complaining because you actually have to play the game fairly now.

well , i already playing fair for long time

and lost my game several time , but i still come back because its a fun game

i just hope the game work fine for me this time

and please , don't accuse anyone for cheating 

well , i already playing fair for long time

and lost my game several time , but i still come back because its a fun game

i just hope the game work fine for me this time

and please , don't accuse anyone for cheating 

I'm not accusing anyone of cheating. But it seems extremely odd that you are making such a big deal out of the fact people can't hack the game anymore.

Ok, so is sending tokens only down for android users or is it for all Westerners? I keep noticing Tomoya Ohtani keeps sending me tokens but he is the only one that does it since I haven't received anything from other people.

You can still send revive tokens, but you need to have friends within the top 150 I believe in the world rankings. I have 3 friends up there, so I'm fortunate enough to get some extra rings and tokens here and there.
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can still send revive tokens, but you need to have friends within the top 150 I believe in the world rankings. I have 3 friends up there, so I'm fortunate enough to get some extra rings and tokens here and there.

Well I'm definitely not in the top 150, so he is sending them through the friends section.

if you have a lot of facebook friend ,you can really get a good amount of gold coins

40000 to 50000 every time i send tokens to all my friends

I seriously wish the events in Sonic Runners were actually animated with voice acting. That ending to the Birthday Event was epic, Amy was so badass. It's funny how Amy was the real hero of the story, she saved Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and all she did was split the Death Egg in half with her hammer. Sonic was so impressed, he didn't even bother running away from her, nor did he cringe at her fairy tail metaphor. It makes me more mad that Amy is so impossible to unlock as a playable character in this game... 

Okay so now my iOS version has stopped shovelling ads at me today...but also stopped offering me the free first death continue. It's back to 5 red rings to continue or nowt. 

Someone else on facebook reporting same thing happened to them yesterday and they got ads back today, so the ads only happen so many times in a day I guess. I think I must of done something like 20-30 plays to get to that point.