Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

At the rings you didnt mention boosters at what rings can do.

Also, will you still play the game?

Hogfather you do know that you can enable streamline mode... right?

Hogfather you do know that you can enable streamline mode... right?

SEGA won't see any omey from me at this game...

Even if i wont ever get any event character...

NEVER!

And that's one reason why I dont play clash of clans.

Adverts ruin the pace and flow of a game. But this game is ridiculous. An advert on startup, ok fine, a small add on the title screen like a banner... OK fine..

Complete a stage... get an advert... fuck off.

Die... get an advert... fuck off.

There is no reason for all of these other than greed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why people get so annoyed with ads. I mean, isn't that in every Free-to-play game? Clash of clans has them (lots of them) and it's still one of the best mobile games out there. I don't really get annoyed with ads.

EDIT:I decidec to post something else...

Can someone tell me witch chapters dont have bosses?

And that's one reason why I dont play clash of clans.

Adverts ruin the pace and flow of a game. But this game is ridiculous. An advert on startup, ok fine, a small add on the title screen like a banner... OK fine..

Complete a stage... get an advert... fuck off.

Die... get an advert... fuck off.

There is no reason for all of these other than greed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is everybody getting hung up on the advert complaints?

Does it not bother anyone else that we have a Sonic game which is effectively encouraging children to gamble?

That the technical performance is dire.

That the game is trying to extract as much money as possible from a player by restricting rewards?

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope the put back the normal ammount of Red Star Rings and make the character egg at least 15%

TSS Review: Sonic Runners: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/06/tss-review-sonic-runners/

Needless to say, we don't like it.

GeneHF also did a Retro Review for Sonic Retro.

Spoiler alert!: He doesn't like it either. He's in agreement with Hoggy that the actual game is good, everything else...not so much.

EDIT: Jim Sterling also reviewed it for his Jimquisition website. He doesn't like it either for similar reasons. I expect to see tomorrow's Jimquisition about this game.

I won't have more than 5 chances to get classic...

one from special eggs, one from the rewards, one for the episodes, one r the episodes and reawrds and one from rankings

Why is everybody getting hung up on the advert complaints?

Does it not bother anyone else that we have a Sonic game which is effectively encouraging children to gamble?

That the technical performance is dire.

That the game is trying to extract as much money as possible from a player by restricting rewards?

I don't think they're getting "hung up" on it just for voicing a different perspective on that problem without bringing the other issues up.

I don't think this game is any more encouraging of gambling than those "blind bag" toys that you see getting about these days. You pay money for those without knowing what you're getting and it's possible you'll get something you already have or don't want. The game has the same principle. You might (or rather probably won't) get what you were after but you're guaranteed something.  

Performance wise, the game's frame rate does stutter at higher speeds but I also had those issues during my brief usage of the soft-launch version. Any additional bugs and glitches are something I can't fairly comment on myself since I've not encountered them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I completely agree with everyone on the notion that the gameplay itself is good. Actually, it's a lot of fun and is why I keep coming back to the game. However, I agree that most of the things surrounding the gameplay are bullshit, and it's an obvious nickel and dime on SEGA's part. I understand that this is a F2P mobile game, but microtransactions can be handled tastefully which is certainly not what Runners, or any mobile SEGA game for that matter, do. Instead, you are almost fully expected to spend real cash at a lot of points, in a fashion where you can almost hear whispering into your ear "we'll take your money now thanks". It's a crying shame too, because as I previously stated, the actual gameplay buried deep beneath all of the bullshit is actually really damn good.

If we were to get a Sonic Runners 2, I think they would need to make it more accessible in general, including but not limited to the ability to play it offline. SEGA in general also need to become more modest in regards to microtransactions, because all of their mobile games are practically just them demanding that you fork out if you want to get anywhere substantial. Runners was honestly fine before the reduction in revive tokens and the worldwide release, it wasn't too obnoxious yet SEGA could still make money from the game. In fact, I think people would have spent more out of common courtesy then as opposed to what we have now. But if you give an inch, people will take a mile. We gave SEGA that inch by supporting the game and they took the whole fucking mile.....again.

I know that I probably sound like a broken record by probably being the hundredth person to complain about the direction this game is going, but it really is disappointing. SEGA butchered what I thought was a great mobile game, when they had the perfect opportunity to make improvements before worldwide release.

However, I think the only way Runners could get any worse is if they had Omochao asking you if you want to spend real money. That would be the last fucking straw.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, you can receive them from events, and I believe challenges (or you used to be able to at least).

I'm honestly not sure why people like the core gameplay so much. Sure, it's fun in short bursts, but it honestly feels shallow and cheap compared to Rayman Fiesta Run.

These two could be great things to make the special characters easier to get:

1.Switch the odds. Rare-50%, Super-30%, Special-20%.

OR(and more simple)

2. Put a price to the character. ex: Classic Sonic 125 RSR

man, red rings are very very rare

i just got the spaceship , but its not doing anything

i wasted 250 red rings and get 2 cartridge 1 space ship and 2 gold pig

i really really want that death egg

sonicrunners2.jpg

Until when is the Death egg available?

It will be available until the birthday event ends. Then it'll be gone most likely until next year.