Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

lmao I got classic sonic 2nd try and 2 rc battle cruisers in a row without spending any money while I wasted $60 in an attempt to get amitie amy and failed miserably i hate this janky ass game.

As a side note, are we all aware that a Sonic Riders event starts on July 14???

YES! I DID IT!

I FEEL FUCKING GOOD.

I USED ALL MY TURNS ON THE WHEEL AND GOT:

-RC BATTLE CRUSIER 

-2 CARTIRIDGES

-YACKER

-AND CLASSIC SONIC!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is everybody getting hung up on the advert complaints?

Does it not bother anyone else that we have a Sonic game which is effectively encouraging children to gamble?

That the technical performance is dire.

That the game is trying to extract as much money as possible from a player by restricting rewards?

Because this pay model originates from a lot of other popular japanese mobile games.

A Japanese group is developing this game; what did you expect?

Also, kids aren't the target audience for mobile games in Japan.

I knew a shit storm would come out of this since so many of you are not informed about japanese mobile games but just thought I'd throw this out there.

One big flaw in your logic there buddy. Japan got this game with a soft release four months in advance, with none of these advertising bullshit. They only got added with the worldwide update. If it was just because ''It's popular in Japan'', it would have been in there since February.

It's not "my logic", it's the standard for the industry? Also, japanese mobile games have adverts so I don't know what argument you are trying to start. Note, this game was soft-released in Canada as well, so they probably didn't implement the ads yet because of the trouble for setting up all the regional ads.

Just out of curiosity, why is everyone so annoyed with the ads for the game? Because the only time I ever get them is when I want a free revive after I die.

It's not "my logic", it's the standard for the industry? Also, japanese mobile games have adverts so I don't know what argument you are trying to start. Note, this game was soft-released in Canada as well, so they probably didn't implement the ads yet because of the trouble for setting up all the regional ads.

Just out of curiosity, why is everyone so annoyed with the ads for the game? Because the only time I ever get them is when I want a free revive after I die.

First off. Your theory doesn't work. If it was truly because it's standard in Japan, they would have had the ads in from the beginning, when it released in Japan. Not 4 months later. 

Second, everyone else is getting spammed with ads before a run, and after a run, some of which are unskippable. It's fine if it's for a free revive, but it's totally annoying to keep getting stopped dead in your tracks for an ad that you aren't going to bother with.

First off. Your theory doesn't work. If it was truly because it's standard in Japan, they would have had the ads in from the beginning, when it released in Japan. Not 4 months later. 

Second, everyone else is getting spammed with ads before a run, and after a run, some of which are unskippable. It's fine if it's for a free revive, but it's totally annoying to keep getting stopped dead in your tracks for an ad that you aren't going to bother with.

lmao why does every one like to pick a fight with you when you make a point on these forums this is the reason I rarely post here.

Just look at any popular mobile game in Japan. It's not "my theory", it's common practice. The bs advert argument and the roulette system had no correlation at that point since it was a SOFT release the developers could do whatever the fuck they wanted and just say "it's in development" blahblah they could've been too lazy you know how sonic team is.

Don't reply to this post unless you look up japanese mobile games like love live, PAD etc and see how those payment systems work.

lmao why does every one like to pick a fight with you when you make a point on these forums this is the reason I rarely post here.

Just look at any popular mobile game in Japan. It's not "my theory", it's common practice. The bs advert argument and the roulette system had no correlation at that point since it was a SOFT release the developers could do whatever the fuck they wanted and just say "it's in development" blahblah they could've been too lazy you know how sonic team is.

Don't reply to this post unless you look up japanese mobile games like love live, PAD etc and see how those payment systems work.

First off, stop acting like me debating a point is fucking fighting with you. You asked why people were angry. This is why people are angry. When you get your answer, stop acting like everyone here is against you.

Here's where your point falls apart. It doesn't matter if it's how games are over in Japan. It doesn't change the fact whatsoever that the game launched four months in advance in Japan with no ads whatsoever. If that's how games are over there, it would have had ads day one, and yet it didn't. They were only added with the worldwide release, I.E: US and EU's release of the game. Why would ''ads being in Japan's gaming culture'', going to change the fact that the game launched first in Japan with 100% no ads whatsoever and they were only added when leaping over to the US and UK? It doesn't make sense, and no amount of telling me to ''research japan IOS games'' is going to change that fact.

First off, stop acting like me debating a point is fucking fighting with you. You asked why people were angry. This is why people are angry. When you get your answer, stop acting like everyone here is against you.

Here's where your point falls apart. It doesn't matter if it's how games are over in Japan. It doesn't change the fact whatsoever that the game launched four months in advance in Japan with no ads whatsoever. If that's how games are over there, it would have had ads day one, and yet it didn't. They were only added with the worldwide release, I.E: US and EU's release of the game. Why would ''ads being in Japan's gaming culture'', going to change the fact that the game launched first in Japan with 100% no ads whatsoever and they were only added when leaping over to the US and UK? It doesn't make sense, and no amount of telling me to ''research japan IOS games'' is going to change that fact.

I did not "ask" why people were angry in my original point at all, nor did I call for my post to instigate a debate, so just stop trying to prove yourself right.

Your points fall apart because you give no solid evidence to back up your statements while I advised people to go research other games, giving the names of specific titles.

Both Canada and Japan had a "SOFT LAUNCH" four months ago (the game was not polished for a final release), it would obvious that they just didn't finish the ad system or just couldn't bother seeing they had to get localized ads set up for BOTH regions. I don't know what your obsession is with criticizing SEGA for their decision, but it seems like that you do it because it is a simple annoyance to you. You offer no insight as to why these decisions negatively impact the entirety of the game or the consumer base playing them. "It just makes no sense... Why would they do this, if they did this?," is what your posts read, even the ones before this game had its worldwide launch (I lurk these forums). I don't know what you are trying to prove. I did not make a post berating the advert system so please don't argue with me on those

Why would ''ads being in Japan's gaming culture''

lmao please read my posts before making remarks ty.

Even worse, sometimes, things like the springs to stop you falling can kill you because Sega were too fucking stupid to realize they put a row of spikes directly above so you'll get flung directly into the spikes and killed.

They're not stupid, they definitely know that's what happens. That's why I don't use that item at all.

I knew a shit storm would come out of this since so many of you are not informed about japanese mobile games

You are on a message board, it doesn't matter if you didn't want to instigate a debate. When you start claiming that the backlash is uncalled for, then we have a fair right to debate it. Although, I have no clue how instigating a debate counts as picking a fight over your point in your book.

We're not about to have a heated argument and talk down to people about why the ads are there. Seriously. Fact is, they're there to make money. Them being a result of Japan's culture or what the fuck ever doesn't matter any to that ultimate point. Another point is that people find pop-up ads annoying and intrusive to the user experience because they break the flow of navigation. If you can tolerate them then fine, but I don't see why the act of finding them annoying is suddenly in contention when we now live in a world of Adblock. That's the short and end of it.

Stop getting your panties twisted over a mobile game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Jeez, I had no idea people's problems were this bad. I feel alone in that I don't have many of these problems. The game from a technical standpoint is fine on my end. I didn't actually know there were limited lives because I've been using red ring revives and secondary characters so much. I almost feel bad that the game is treating my phone better than everyone else's.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just had a thought. In the pictures that was posted about the Riders event, what if it introduces a new character type? Such as glider? 

I also would be totally fine with the ads if they didn't crash the whole thing more often than not :/

Anyway, I managed to finish a run just now, only the second complete run I've managed to do since worldwide launch without the game crashing during the run, during a revive video, or just as I die. Thankfully I think I have JUST managed to avoid relegation from my league, hopefully I will stay in the same league when the rankings reset. Phew!

But now, I won't be playing at all until they fix the crashing and lag issues. It's turned a charming fun relaxing little game into a lot of unenjoyable stress.

Also previously I looked at the streamline mode setting and it said 'on'. But the last run I tried, I switched it to 'off' to see what it was like and... it removed a load of sound effects. I thought it removed the sound effects in streamline mode on pre-worldwide release, but it seems to be the reverse on this version.

On another note, could anyone recommend some new buddy combos?

My current buddies:

-Lvl 0 Dark Chao (Power, Normal)

-Lvl 0 Jewel Chao (Speed, Normal)

-Lvl 0 RC Piggy (Flight, Normal)

-Lvl 0 Yacker (Speed, Rare)

-Lvl 0 RC UFO (Flight, Rare)

-Lvl 0 Chip (Speed, Super Rare)

-Lvl 0 RC Battle Cruiser (Power, Super Rare)

-Lvl 1 Skull Chao (Power, Rare)

-Lvl 1 RC Gold Piggy (Flight, Rare)

-Lvl 2 Easter Bunny (Power, Rare)

-Lvl 3 Genesis (Flight, Rare)

-Lvl 4 Cartridge (Speed, Rare)

So, does the original soft release still work? Can people just play that?

So, does the original soft release still work? Can people just play that?

But, isn't the bare-bones .apk still floating around somewhere? Isn't that the sort of thing people save and reupload in cases like this? Couldn't you cut off your connection or something to keep it from updating? 

But, isn't the bare-bones .apk still floating around somewhere? Isn't that the sort of thing people save and reupload in cases like this? Couldn't you cut off your connection or something to keep it from updating?