Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I just finished Ep40-1. "Oh good, onto Ep41................oh wait, there's an Ep40-2?!" Good god this game can drag like shit! Sigh......

Now that I'm up to Ep40 the stages are generated randomly which is a nightmare for trying to get a high score and choosing the appropriate companions. At the same time at least you don't have to play the same stage over and over again in a single chapter. I like the Speed and muscle stages, but I really don't like the flying stages.

I just finished Ep40-1. "Oh good, onto Ep41................oh wait, there's an Ep40-2?!" Good god this game can drag like shit! Sigh......

Now that I'm up to Ep40 the stages are generated randomly which is a nightmare for trying to get a high score and choosing the appropriate companions. At the same time at least you don't have to play the same stage over and over again in a single chapter. I like the Speed and muscle stages, but I really don't like the flying stages.

I told you all, now didn't I? Enjoy the next 10 episodes that are the fucking incarnate of padding.

I lost all my data because I was stupid but the grind to get the stuff back actually isn't that bad as I do a lot better now and I'm flying through episodes getting red rings for spins like nothing. I did lose my prize possession chip but after getting used to having to get high scores for the later episodes this is a pinch.

And not to be offensive to those who think it gets really hard in the later game, I kinda have to say... you're just going to have to get better and use more score multipliers and whatnot. I also think there's no reason to be mad over it as this is kinda just a fun time waster. Lives comeback generally fast, especially if you're spending that time in a stage itself and when you don't have lives you just do something else until they restock. This seems like the type of game where a cooldown is actually a benefit. You cooldown, have a break, then come back to wreck stuff up. I'm not amazing at the game or anything but I don't think I've had to wait for my lives to refill but once, even in the later game. That is all

EDIT: I'm also not saying that it makes it justifiable to make a ridiculous score gate but I'm trying to say it can be worked around by getting better.

Alright this game gets worse and worse the further ahead you get. I on 29-2 and of course you still need an insane amount of points to move one place of five places. Like in this picture.

iMwBgT3l.jpg

I not know any math formula that determines how many points one needs for each episode and rank score. I heard it gets into the millions! I notice that I am struggling to get above 300,000 in the game there.

I not have enough rings to get the sub character except twice in this picture.

pgvsYOOl.jpg

Of course they let you spin the wheel for pitiful amounts of rings there.

d0Sd0eql.jpg

Look at all that rings there available. For some weird reason I continue to play this game even though every time I lose it is because of a pit! I hate pits! This game would be much better if they limit the pits than!

Alright this game gets worse and worse the further ahead you get. I on 29-2 and of course you still need an insane amount of points to move one place of five places. Like in this picture.

iMwBgT3l.jpg

I not know any math formula that determines how many points one needs for each episode and rank score. I heard it gets into the millions! I notice that I am struggling to get above 300,000 in the game there.

Bloody hell. I long for the days when I needed a measly 352,000 points to progress to the next segment. This is where I'm at, and I still have a few episodes to go!

16703076280_a12bac8ed4_z.jpg

Also it's the last few hours of the Chaotix campaign and I've still not unlocked any of them. And with only 28 red rings in the bank, I don't think I'm going to get another show. le sigh

15 tries on the roulette wheel. FIFTEEN and I never ONCE got a Chaotix member!!  This roulette chance to get a character is absolute bullshit! In Sonic Dash, if you wanted a new character, you saved up your red ring until you can buy them or won them in an event. Here, you only get a 6% chance each try.

They need to get rid of this NOW!! What if Shadow comes up and some kid wants him really bad and starts spending money on red rings for a small chance at him? IMO that right there is gambling. There are other, more fair ways to get people to spend money on red rings than hiding characters behind an unfair system like this one. If they keep this system after the soft launch, they'll find one less person playing their game.

I've spun twice as many times and come put with nothing. Its especially annoying as your further progress, because the number is of Red Rings you'll get drops considerably as the episodes get longer and the rewards smaller. And 10 special eggs for a special spin? It's asking the impossible now.

I've spun twice as many times and come put with nothing. Its especially annoying as your further progress, because the number is of Red Rings you'll get drops considerably as the episodes get longer and the rewards smaller. And 10 special eggs for a special spin? It's asking the impossible now.

Especially since the Eggman fights are fucking obscene with the amount of spam that gets thrown out.

I'm up to Ep41-1. So it's real slow going. 

I don't see much point in going for a Chaotix anymore. I would rather save up my red star rings and use them to buy more normal rings, to give a better chance to get a higher score and thus getting through the remaining episodes more quickly.

My highest score only just over 1.3 million. Wish I could do better.

Huh, I just got Yacker and Caliburn on my smartphone (I played with my Nexus 7 before), but I didn't get the achievement(s).  10/10 <_<

Never got a Chaotix member throughout the entire campaign. Now that it's over, Sega will update the game and let you get them through normal means, right? There's no way they would have the Chaotix members be exclusive to this campaign.

The Chaotix will be available either normally in future updates, or in a future campaign. If they weren't, then a huge number of players who can't access the game in their country by normal means would never get the chance, nor would anyone else who still has any of them left to unlock. And these campaigns are all designed to make people keep playing and spending more money.

I managed to get up to 50 red rings agains and scored myself another UFO. Ugh.

They will never release Chaotix through red star rings. At least for another year and that's me speculating. They will most likely return through another roulette campaign.

The system they have is perfect to squeeze money out of us. I'll never fall for this tactic though, it's disgusting. Just you wait until Team Rose and Team Dark campaigns come up through the roulette. You'll see a lot more frustration.

So does anyone else have nothing but red rings in their weekly/daily challenge this week?

So does anyone else have nothing but red rings in their weekly/daily challenge this week?

Living The Dream

11013450_1390040301315072_53772160584560

Yep. Also the Roulette Wheel looks normal to me. No sign of those increased odds.

For people complaining about getting low scores in this game...

I don't want to be that guy but...

1: You're doing it wrong.

2: Git good.

Part of the keys to getting a good score is to actually be good at the game, learning how each path segment will play out. Yes it's a procedurally generated game, but each procedurally generated path is from a pre determined route, the only variations come from item box types.

The you're doing it wrong method, how many people are regularly swapping companions in order to fit the situation? I've been doing it for both daily challenges and for route bonuses and I've got some very good scores for unsuccessful runs and hit some amazing scores when things go well.

Also for the whole 'it'll be a year before we see them again' lol. Yeah right, if they keep the 'premium wheel' for the characters thing, why would they wait that long? 

Frankly I'm surprised that they haven't already put a new character on that wheel, because you know people will be spending money on rings to try and get them. You know they'll also be doing special events like we see with jump and dash, you know that for certain milestones there will be free give-aways. 

Also, consider this, we know now that if you get 2 characters who are the same, you're rewarded with 50 red rings, well, that's going to continue with normal companions, and these things cap out at level 8 right? 

So every time you max out a companion, your odds of getting a better companion or even a character go up.

There's also stuff you can be doing to help boost both your playing character and increase red rings, is anyone boosting the game with the facebook thing? Both for rings and referral bonus'? One Facebook referral gets you 20 red rings. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Are the levels random generated or are they real built stages like a regular game so you actually learn how to play them over and over if you enjoy them?

So anyone thinking about using the UFO? My advice? Don't, not unless you have it very levelled up.

I had a 'capture animals' challenge today, decided to use it in combination with an angel choa. I was shocked at how poor it is.

Here is how it works. 

When you get a x400 combo, the UFO activates, (it flashes). 

This flash pulls any animal into the UFO. 

The problem. It only activates on a X400 combo... so X400, X800, X1200 etc etc. 

Meaning, there is no way to either control the activations, or, have it active all the time.

Therefore, on segments like the gold enemies in the sky, or the rolling hill with tons of enemies on it, it's useless. it won't activate unless you have a full combo, and on most times I get a X400 combo during the first Eggman fight, so it's pointless. 

The only possible use is if you get it to level 8 and hope the combo activation becomes much more generous.

But right now, if we ever made a tier list of companions, this one is by far the worst in the whole game.

Are the levels random generated or are they real built stages like a regular game so you actually learn how to play them over and over if you enjoy them?

They're different all the time, however they're effectively chunks which don't change stuck together, just in different order each time.

So say you had some chunks of level from 1-9.

On one run you might get  3 6 9 8 7 5 

Thee next you might get 5 8 6 4 3 2

So eventually you'll recognise each block pattern and be able to tell what's coming despite the stage being different.

One of my multi's just got this...

xkeyXpn.png

That's actually quite an impressive bonus for a level 0 companion.

Edit: And I just unlocked Amy Rose =D

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega need to get their shit together and release this worldwide. It's been like 20 days at this point.

Sega need to get their shit together and release this worldwide. It's been like 20 days at this point.

It was a two month wait for Jump Fever while SEGA sorted things out. Go make yourself a sandwich to pass the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know the feeling. I'm playing Pokemon to pass the time. Though I admit I'm getting impatient myself.

I don't get it, if you have a device that can play the game, why not just play the game? 

• Thumbs Up 1