Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

how can i know what each character does?

what are their special attribute or abilities and etc...?

team Hero gives 50% Dash bonus (Classic gives 150%), Team Rose gives 100% Animal Boost, at least Amy does (Amitie style, 150%) Team Chaotix gives a certain percentage of rings back, I think 75%, Team Mech gives enemy bonus percentage, at least with Omega, and Team Dark gives 75% Score, at least with Rouge.

if they announce metal sonic or mecha sonic as playable character .. are you gonna pass on it ?

im going for every character in the game. I missed Chaotix, but I'm sure it will make its way back around.

Episode 41 -770000 points  to pass one point...

it gets worse

episode 50-1 through 50-5 all require 1,950,000 points for one segment and 9,750,000 to pass a whole episode

in all honesty, you really need to level up Sharah and get a better companion. In your case for the time being, I recommend keeping Sharah and Wizard Chao. The items she supplies you with will last much longer giving you more opportunities for magnets. Other than that, level your characters to 100, get Amy if possible as she gives a 100% animal boost. Sonic and Tails only give 50% dash bonus which is next to useless if you ask me. Memorization of the paths and reaction time will improve over time, just takes looooots of practice.

Thanks for the suggestions. I equipped Wizard Chao and leveled up my characters some and I already noticed a slight improvement. It seems leveling up characters and companions will be key. Hopefully I can get Rouge at some point (since Amy isn't feasible for me at the moment) so I can capitalize on her bonuses.

One another note, I seriously wish the free revive with the ad wasn't buggy and actually worked more than 30% of the time. Every time I die, I watch the ad, eagerly anticipating that second chance just to add a few more points to my score, except... nope! It's broken that time, and I either have to spend Red Star Rings or I'm out of luck-- and I don't even know this until I've already spent 15-30 seconds of my time watching the ad and breaking the flow of the game. It's aggravating and I really hope they fix it, but for now I guess it means I need to get better with the one or two tries that I currently have.

The friends section is broken, but you are still able to send revive tokens to your friends if you see them in the rankings. If any of your friends are within the top 140 in the world, you can send! Anyone that wants to friend request me, they can find me by searching Kyle Boyle on Facebook. I accept all requests, and it will help your ring/life count.

Wait, how did you get it to run on Bluestacks? I'm always stuck on "Connecting..." either by accepting the terms or transferring data.

Long overdue because I didn't know you quoted me... I only actually ran it on Bluestacks once and it was just stuck on connecting.... Google Play just says it was able to be downloaded on that "device" that Bluestacks is named under

Has anyone here tried deleting their game, reinstalling the app, and transferring original save data? I want to see if that fixes the Facebook bug but I don't want to risk losing all of my stuff. Anyone test this yet?

Has anyone here tried deleting their game, reinstalling the app, and transferring original save data? I want to see if that fixes the Facebook bug but I don't want to risk losing all of my stuff. Anyone test this yet?

Can someone correct me if I am wrong, I remember someone saying that when you Lv5 a companion and receive that companion again, you will be given 50rsr, 3 special eggs, and like 10,000 rings or something... I just spun two times and received an additional pumpkin chao and yacker, both of which Lv5, but they turned into 3 special eggs, and that's it, no red star rings, no regular rings, just 3 special eggs and that's it..,

Did they change the reward?

Can someone correct me if I am wrong, I remember someone saying that when you Lv5 a companion and receive that companion again, you will be given 50rsr, 3 special eggs, and like 10,000 rings or something... I just spun two times and received an additional pumpkin chao and yacker, both of which Lv5, but they turned into 3 special eggs, and that's it, no red star rings, no regular rings, just 3 special eggs and that's it..,

Did they change the reward?

you only get the red rings and load of rings if you get a duplicate character egg. 3 special eggs for every other duplicate buddy unfortunately :(

i tried everything stated above and nothing of that fix the facebook bug.

Transfered my id to another cellphone

reinstall, etc...

The bug is in the ID, because i download the game on other game and transfer my ID and it get disabled but if i use a new ID it works fine.

Heeey, so is the game still broken, or should I just forget that it exists and ignore any acknowledgement of it?

So, I'm not sure how the daily challenges work exactly, but I completed today's daily challenge, which was the last daily challenge number, so I got 10 red star rings as reward.

Then because of timezones the game stepped into the next day without me having rebooted the app, so it reset my free items and the daily challenge count went back to day one but it still showed the rewards for all the other days as taken (it didn't reset) and the rewards bar indicated that I was still on day 7, and when I played another level and completed the new daily challenge it gave me another 10 red star rings :D

Not sure what it should have given me. Maybe I'll find out tomorrown and I'll get that reward too? Or perhaps the reward were the 10 red star rings all along. If I don't shut down my phone and don't allow the app to reset would I get 10 RSR each day?

Heeey, so is the game still broken, or should I just forget that it exists and ignore any acknowledgement of it?

i guess it depends on what your definition of broken is

a lot of the monetary stuff is still stupid as hell like the red ring rewards or the wheel but the game works technically

it really just depends on how well you can handle mobile f2p bs

So, I'm not sure how the daily challenges work exactly, but I completed today's daily challenge, which was the last daily challenge number, so I got 10 red star rings as reward.

Then because of timezones the game stepped into the next day without me having rebooted the app, so it reset my free items and the daily challenge count went back to day one but it still showed the rewards for all the other days as taken (it didn't reset) and the rewards bar indicated that I was still on day 7, and when I played another level and completed the new daily challenge it gave me another 10 red star rings :D

Not sure what it should have given me. Maybe I'll find out tomorrown and I'll get that reward too? Or perhaps the reward were the 10 red star rings all along. If I don't shut down my phone and don't allow the app to reset would I get 10 RSR each day?

i have no idea how it works, but you can get the last reward multiple times regardless of whether the app is opened or closed

you'll likely get the 10 reds again tomorrow but maybe not

i used to think it worked like dash and reset if you missed a day but i'm almost positive it's not like that

after lv 50? do you still get special eggs?

yes, you get one every time you beat 50-5 and 3 every time you get a full leveled companion

i guess it depends on what your definition of broken is

As in the stability status of when it got released worldwide; Constantly crashing, setting devices aflame and such.

The daily challenges all reset at the same time globally. So I'm guessing it probably like 12pm Japanese time or something. It resets around 6 or 7pm where I live (Eastern Time [east side of the U.S.]). It's not a glitch, enjoy your "extra" spin.

FASTEST WAY TO GET RED RINGS FOR ADVANCED PLAYERS:

Use your highest scoring characters. I use Sonic and Amitie Amy as they are level 100.

It takes roughly 10,000 pts to clear an episode (ep 50+)

You need these companions: Sharah and RC Battlecruiser

It takes around 15 to 20 minutes to get 10,000,000 pts. Keep running until you get that score. While you're score ascends, be on the lookout for asteroids. These color powers are your best friends for red rings, as the red rings can be found inside enemies, spikes, or even the stage itself.

On the asteroid section with zig zags of spikes, make sure you don't put your whole focus into crushing all of the golden enemies. Float downward and you are guaranteed to encounter a 2nd asteroid power up. Once you reach 10,000,000 pts, kill yourself. If you're using the Battlecruiser at level 1 or 2, you are pretty much guaranteed to pick up 12 to 15 red rings per run. Then for completing the episode, you receive an additional 5 red rings. If done correctly, this is at minimum 15 red rings every 20 minutes, and a potential amount of 20 red rings every 20 minutes depending on luck. Going off the minimum, you will get roughly 45 red rings per hour if you play continuously. Do this for 4 hours, and you've got 3 spins. Save up for a week, 21 spins.

I hope this helps you guys out. Don't waste your money, just save!

Ok, I have some questions strategy wise (this is question is for everyone, not just you)

I have a Lv. 71 Sonic, a Lv. 42 Tails, a Lv. 30 Knuckles, and a Level 17 Classic Sonic.

I've got Lv. 1 Death Egg, Lv. 0 Kuna, Lv. 1 Merlina, Lv. 5 Caliburn, 5 Shahra, Lvl. 0 Chip, Lv. 0 Hero Chaos, Lv. 5 Cartridge, Lv. 5 Genesis, Lv. 0 Rappy, Lv. 0 Suketoudara, Lv. 3 RC UFO, Lv. 0 Wizard Chao, Lv. 1 RC Golden Piggy Bank, Lv. 1 Yacker, Lv. 1 Skull Chao, Lv. 0 Pumpkin Chao, Lv. 1 Mag, Lv. 1 Easter Chao, Lv. 2 RC Balloon, Lv. 3 RC Piggy Bank, Lv. 2 RC Pinwheel, Lv. 1 Baby Indigo Wisp, Lv. 1 Baby Cyan Wisp, Lv. 2 RC Electromagnet, Lv. 2 RC Monkey, Lv. 1 Omochao, Lv. 2 Dark Chao, and a Lv. 0 Hero Chao.

I've got 20 RSR and 78,732 rings

I've completed Boiling point like 5 times now  (I'm Rank 96)

How can I optimize my performance for each of the 3 stage types moving forward? I've been using Shahra and Rappy for a while, along with Sonic and Tails, and I've only used my score bonus and character swap when I'm on speed levels. 

Ideally, I'd like to get Omega and Rouge as a first priority, but that requires RSRs, and that requires the Battle Cruiser, which I can't get without RSRs or special eggs, which requires getting through episode 50 a lot, which requires the ability to acquire lots of points, which requires high level characters/character with perks (and skill), which requires more rings, and so on and so forth.

It all seems like a big cycle, and I don't know where to focus in on to get the best result. Can anyone help? Sorry for the long post...

i tried everything stated above and nothing of that fix the facebook bug.

Transfered my id to another cellphone

reinstall, etc...

The bug is in the ID, because i download the game on other game and transfer my ID and it get disabled but if i use a new ID it works fine.

I can confirm this as well; I transferred from the Japanese version to the U.S. version and my Facebook is still broken. I'd still recommend making the transfer though because my game somehow shrank from 1.4 GB to ~200 MB. Maybe unused stuff like the Windy Hill in Spring stage was taking up space? Or just Sega being incompetent as usual. At the very least, everyone should go into the options and press "View ID" and create a password so that their progress can't be lost. Do note that transferring between iOS and android and vice versa apparently deletes all your red rings.

I will say I'm glad the daily challenge stays at the top reward if you consistently complete it (unlike Dash)

I would sacrifice the daily challenges to have the character unlock method from Dash :P, and the upgrade method was good too

You need to upgrade magnet? You pay to upgrade magnet

In runners, you need to upgrade magnet? You gamble your rings on an imaginary roulette that randomly upgrades 1 stat, not the one you want most of the times :P