Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Sonic is now a Pokémon game where you capture Erazors and level them up to fight your opponent's Erazors XD

I'm glad we can get them with treasures, no more tedious roulette spins trying to land on SR

Screenshot_2015-07-16-11-14-07.png

• Thumbs Up 1

vurSNfn.jpg

for fuk sake , What did i do ?

and the worst part is , i payed real money to get the 800 ring offer , i payed $30

The magic lamp is a Rappy clone, golden animals instead of rappies

To anyone who couldn't beat veteran's scores due to Rappy and his OP effect, grab the lamp while it's still here :p! 

so new OP combo is gold Rappy + lamp.

Good going Sonic Team.

huh was going though the new stage and I think I saw some of the ghosts from sonic adventure 2 acting like the missles that normally show up during the normal story missions

did they get added for the new stage?

so new OP combo is gold Rappy + lamp.

Good going Sonic Team.

the lamp is a rappy but it has the rappy's nerfed animal count which made rappy basically useless

we've settled on shahra and carbuncle but i'm not sure myself that it's actually the best combo and it's certainly not op

but lamp and rappy would be pretty bad; the only reason shahra and rappy was op was because shahra gave you the tools to get more rappys

• Thumbs Up 1

the lamp is a rappy but it has the rappy's nerfed animal count which made rappy basically useless

we've settled on shahra and carbuncle but i'm not sure myself that it's actually the best combo and it's certainly not op

but lamp and rappy would be pretty bad; the only reason shahra and rappy was op was because shahra gave you the tools to get more rappys

yup, and it gave tools to survive for longer too

Skull chao + Rappy was good too since it made rappies and other animals worth more points.

I tried the lamp and rappy for curiosity, and this 2 Rappy combos isn't great, it's like having 1 rappy that sings a bit more often, plus when you can't catch them they are not useful (and becomes even harder to catch at top speed)

Two questions:

1. What is the best combination to use for the special stage if you haven't yet gotten the even companions that give you more treasure?

2. What ever happened to the NiGHTs teaser that we got like a week and a half ago? I thought that event would've come before this one...

Two questions:

1. What is the best combination to use for the special stage if you haven't yet gotten the even companions that give you more treasure?

2. What ever happened to the NiGHTs teaser that we got like a week and a half ago? I thought that event would've come before this one...

1.There isn't really any buddy combinations you can use until you get the lamp buddy from the companion eggs. If you have him, use Chip as he can boost your run while also using magnet. It can make a difference.

2. Depends if Nights is a character or a buddy. If Nights is a character, then they'll likely be swapped in at the end of the month. If it's an event, it'll likely be next month's event. 

Also, I found a combination for this event for boosting treasure.

Characters:

-Sonic (Any speed character is fine, just make sure they are a decent level)

-Tails (Again, either a speed character or flight character will do, it doesn't matter, just make sure they're at least level 25)

Buddies:

-Chip (Extends runs and is basically a magnet so he can make a big difference in the treasure you get)

-Magic Lamp (Like the cartridge buddy, it boosts the amount of treasure you get by a solid 50%)

(Note: If you don't have Chip, it's fine. Just use the magic lamp buddy and use another buddy of your choice)

Power Ups:

-Buddy Swap

Revives:

-Only use the free video revive.

Just tested Sharah with the lamp, both level 5. Carbuncle is still better by quite a bit. However, I think the skull Chao while using both Amy's might bring competition to the Sharah/Carbuncle combo. I'll test later today.

So who wants to know what Sega's latest method of making the game as cheap as possible is?

On the new event stage, the stage actually switches between Speed, Flight, and Power obstacles without any warning whatsoever. I don't mean the stage is randomly speed, flight or power. I mean the stage is one stage, and right in the middle of the stage, it's laid out to switch between the three types of stage hazards without any warning. Which means you can easily be on the top part of the stage with speed, only for it to change into power and end up giving you a cheap death.

So who wants to know what Sega's latest method of making the game as cheap as possible is?

On the new event stage, the stage actually switches between Speed, Flight, and Power obstacles without any warning whatsoever. I don't mean the stage is randomly speed, flight or power. I mean the stage is one stage, and right in the middle of the stage, it's laid out to switch between the three types of stage hazards without any warning. Which means you can easily be on the top part of the stage with speed, only for it to change into power and end up giving you a cheap death.

To my knowledge, the events have always been like that. At least the puyo puyo and birthday ones were like that. Anytime I see a super egg pawn, I stay low for a bit. Anytime I see gems heading downward as one of the paths, I take it. It helps me stay alive a lot longer.

Just started the Desert Ruins event! Thought I'd share a few story tidbits:

-Apparently the Desert Ruins "just appeared" in the sky. No mention to how it's a part of Lost Hex or that it's been there ever since Lost World.

-Omochao wants Team Heroes to collect treasure for him, and he actually refuses to explain why. (Not doing a good job of motivating the player, buddy)

-Erazor Djinn survived being trapped in a lamp and dumped into lava. His body was split into 1000 "mini-Djinns" and sent into Sonic's world to grant the wishes of 1000 people in order for Erazor to restore himself. One encounters the Heroes, and Sonic doesn't recognize him for no reason, even after Omochao (who somehow knows Erazor's origins) told him how a "blue hero" defeated him!

-King Shahryar has apparently started causing trouble, attacking anyone who tries to collect treasure and controlling the Djinns or something. But it's hinted that it might actually be someone who looks like the king instead.

-Tails opens a sealed gate in the ruins with "open sesame". (Real original, Sonic Team) A Desert Chao says Tails might be the new Ali Baba.

Just started the Desert Ruins event! Thought I'd share a few story tidbits:

-Apparently the Desert Ruins "just appeared" in the sky. No mention to how it's a part of Lost Hex or that it's been there ever since Lost World.

-Omochao wants Team Heroes to collect treasure for him, and he actually refuses to explain why. (Not doing a good job of motivating the player, buddy)

-Erazor Djinn survived being trapped in a lamp and dumped into lava. His body was split into 1000 "mini-Djinns" and sent into Sonic's world to grant the wishes of 1000 people in order for Erazor to restore himself. One encounters the Heroes, and Sonic doesn't recognize him for no reason, even after Omochao (who somehow knows Erazor's origins) told him how a "blue hero" defeated him!

-King Shahryar has apparently started causing trouble, attacking anyone who tries to collect treasure and controlling the Djinns or something. But it's hinted that it might actually be someone who looks like the king instead.

-Tails opens a sealed gate in the ruins with "open sesame". (Real original, Sonic Team) A Desert Chao says Tails might be the new Ali Baba.

As far as Sonic not remembering anything, that is pretty strange. At first I would argue that Secret Rings took place in another universe, but that's not the case because at the beginning of Sonic Generations, Sonic mentions Secret Rings. I always like to explore stuff like this in the series :p

They have been doing this since the first event

I just want to say that I've got a huge nostalgic boner from Desert Ruins' music. This sounds straight from the Adventure times. That guitar is fucking sweet. I don't doubt Jun was involved in this! Unless Ohtani is a great guitar player and I don't know ^^'

I just tested skull Chao and lamp at level 5 for both. Sharah and Carbuncle still dominate. So combine that while playing as Shadow and Rouge for a ridiculous high score.

They have been doing this since the first event

Yeah. But in the birthday event they nerfed the power sections to be friendly for all types.

I can't fathom why they went back to this bullshit.

Edited by Ukokira

Guys help me reporting these bugs to sega or stuffs that are really annoying.

#1 Items activation is really annoying, sometimes i die desesperately trying to activate an item because the zone/space/place whatever you call it its just too small. You have to do a very precise touch to sucessful activate the item.

Recommendation: make the buttom bigger or choose which spot of the screen you item activation buttom or any custom spot to make it easier for you.

#2 Not something very meaningful but it annoys me sometimes that when your char get overspeed/extra speed ( i dont mean when you get blue), i mean when the char goes faster than usual, is very hard to control and makes the jump go even farther away ending up in a kill.

To slow it down and have better control you have to jump multiple times to go back to the normal speed, but usually i end up dying because of this, when char goes to fast it jumps too far away.

I dont know what fix could be applied to this but in some part of the game you should feel it,

Sonic didn't recognise Merlina in the Easter event either. But they all seem to know him! 

I asked Iizuka about this and he replied!

As you know he has met them, but it's the story in the book.

So I guess he must have had his memory wiped after leaving the story book. (Maybe the white space of Sonic Generations brought his memory back, like it brought back the events of Sonic 2006)

Sonic didn't recognise Merlina in the Easter event either. But they all seem to know him! 

So I guess he must have had his memory wiped after leaving the story book. (Maybe the white space of Sonic Generations brought his memory back, like it brought back the events of Sonic 2006)

Or, y'know, Iizuka can't keep a proper continuity.

This is the same guy who claims the Sonic universe has two planets, (one of humans, one of anthros), despite Adventure establishing that both races coexist.

That doesn't work. Sonic retold the events of Black Knight to Amy at the end of Black Knight so he clearly remembers the storybook adventures.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or, y'know, Iizuka can't keep a proper continuity.

This is the same guy who claims the Sonic universe has two planets, (one of humans, one of anthros), despite Adventure establishing that both races coexist.

When did he claim that?

That doesn't work. Sonic retold the events of Black Knight to Amy at the end of Black Knight so he clearly remembers the storybook adventures.

I forgot about that! I guess maybe after putting time back together in Sonic Generations, the story book events were wiped from his memory (because they aren't part of the real world) (I know, that's a terrible explanation!)

It is very strange that Sonic no longer remembers anything, but the story book characters do remember!

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8350&sid=d4adada2667058885bd635edd0cdf42e

Clearly he doesn't know the series as well as he should. 

I can buy the moon still being blown in half and none of the Classic spinoffs being canon, but this makes no sense whatsoever.

Thanks, I didn't know that! Looking into, it seems Iizuka's comments came from this (now deleted) Game interview:

We have two different worlds for Sonic games – one is human, and one is set on the non-human side. Sonic Colours is set on the non-human side. The only human in the game is Dr Eggman, who tries to build this huge amusement park which, as you will see on the world map, ties all these planets together with a tractor beam.

It's up to interpretation, but it could be that the two worlds are one world, but just different sides. 

That ties in with Naka's explanation:

"Sonic initially had critters and robots but Sonic Adventure have introduced humans suddenly. Why have you decided to add them?"

Action in Sonic's universe unfolded on Christmas Island from the very beginning, and accidentally things have happened the way there were only animals and robots in there. And later when Sonic made it to usual mega polis in Adventure, that's where he met humans.

"But is this island located on Earth or this is some kind of another planet anyway?"

On Earth. It actually exists, Americans (and also Englishmen - magazine) are having nuclear weapon testing there. Actually, this is exactly why we've populated it with robots and strange animals. *laughs*

Though I think I've gone horrible off-topic!

---

The Erazor djinn buddy is disappointing. It would be better if you got both a barrier and a magnet.