Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here. I have a question:This guy came from Indonesia. Do you think that he was cheating?                                        

Edited by GreninJovan
After submitting this post, the picture is gone. Alright, his name is AdityaL. He is in S*** Division. He has Lv. 100 Amy. Maybe his rank is 127.

I just tested skull Chao and lamp at level 5 for both. Sharah and Carbuncle still dominate. So combine that while playing as Shadow and Rouge for a ridiculous high score.

Shadow?

So, event based on Secret Rings? Game which is, according to my favourite youtuber SCMJ, the worst 3D Sonic (at least before Boom). And the new genie buddy isn't so good so only reason to play it is to get red star rings if you ask me.

Edited by RipeFIN

I loathe Secret Rings. Personally the worst Sonic game I ever played (mind you I never played any of the Boom games).

I spun the roulette wheel recently and I got...Omega. Not happy, because I'll never use him. Don't like how power characters control. I want the magic lamp (or the cruiser) more than anything.

But as long I'm within top 500 (which I am) I'm happy. Not because of I'll have a maxed out Erazor Djinn (useless buddy btw, don't know WHY he's a Super Rare) but because of the 100 Red Star Rings. Seriously they should just reward us with RSRs.

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here. I have a question:This guy came from Indonesia. Do you think that he was cheating?                                        

Well according to the small info you gave us, he's genuine. A level 100 Amy is normal. My Amy's level 95 and my rank is 90.

I loathe Secret Rings. Personally the worst Sonic game I ever played (mind you I never played any of the Boom games).

I spun the roulette wheel recently and I got...Omega. Not happy, because I'll never use him. Don't like how power characters control. I want the magic lamp (or the cruiser) more than anything.

But as long I'm within top 500 (which I am) I'm happy. Not because of I'll have a maxed out Erazor Djinn (useless buddy btw, don't know WHY he's a Super Rare) but because of the 100 Red Star Rings. Seriously they should just reward us with RSRs.

Well according to the small info you gave us, he's genuine. A level 100 Amy is normal. My Amy's level 95 and my rank is 90.

Better than me. I spun twice and got the magic lamp (which is useful) and the Egg Chao (which is useless)

Can anyone translate this? Got it this morning through email. ダビオナ大型アップデート! LE親馬確定ガチャ券をプレゼント中! ------------------------- このお知らせは、セガゲームスが提供するサ―ビスにて メールマガジン受信許可をされた方にお送りしております。 ------------------------- 『ダービーオーナーズクラブ』運営チームです。 ダービーオーナーズクラブが大型アップデートを致しました! 「リアルタイムレース」や「クラブ」などの新要素が盛りだくさんの内容となっております。 これを記念し、アップデート記念キャンペーンや新規登録キャンペーンなど さまざまなイベントを実施しております! ≪リアルタイムレース≫ 遂に、リアルタイム通信で行う「リアルタイムレース」が登場します。 これまでのレースと同様のスムーズな操作感覚で、 最大16人による通信対戦が可能です! 「リアルタイムレース」には4つのモードがあり、 これまで以上に白熱した、さまざまなレースが楽しめます! ※Wifi環境推奨機能となります。 ≪クラブ≫ 最大8人が1組となって、チームを結成する「クラブ」機能が登場します。 クラブに所属する事で、昼・夜の1日2回行われるクラブ対戦に参加できるようになります! その対戦成績から所属リーグが決まり、 毎週メンバー全員にボーナスアイテムが付与されます! 数多のクラブに勝ちぬいて、マスターリーグを目指しましょう! ※Wifi環境推奨機能となります。 ≪アップデート記念キャンペーン≫ 大型アップデートを記念して、 期間中にログインした方に『LE親馬確定ガチャ券』をプレゼント中です! 他にもアップデートを記念したイベントやキャンペーンがございます! ★詳細はこちら↓ http://fc.sjkjsn.com/c/abpxdp7m2dmInfab ≪新規登録キャンペーン≫ 2015年7月16日~8月14日の間にダビオナを始めると、 強力なLE親馬『LE ディープインパクト』が貰えます! さらに親馬以外にも『アクションチケット』や『ダービーポイント』など、 さまざまなアイテムが獲得できます! ぜひこの機会にダビオナを始めてみませんか? ★今すぐアプリで遊ぶ↓ http://fc.sjkjsn.com/c/abpxdp7m2dmInfac ≪カムバックキャンペーン≫ しばらくダビオナから離れてしまった方も、今がチャンス! 20,000CP相当の豪華アイテムのプレゼントキャンペーンを実施中! 【対象者】 2015年7月1日以降、ログインしていないアカウント 【プレゼント一覧】 『LE親馬確定ガチャ券×4枚』 『アクションチケット×100枚』 『夕張メロン×10』 『上州焼きまんじゅう×10』 『あごにぼし×20』 『調教馬1週間+AT』 これを機にもう1度ダビりませんか!? 今後とも「ダービーオーナーズクラブ」をよろしくお願いいたします。 ------------------------- ※本メールの送信元アドレスは配信専用のため、 返信いただいてもお答えできません。 ※メールマガジンの設定変更は以下のURLから行えます。 解除・変更が反映されるまで1週間程度お時間がかかることがあります。あらかじめご了承ください。 http://fc.sjkjsn.com/c/abpxdp7m2dmInfad ※サービスの挙動に関する質問や不具合報告など、返信を希望される場合のお問い合わせメールはアプリ内問い合わせフォームよりご連絡をお願いいたします。 配信元:株式会社セガゲームス http://fc.sjkjsn.com/c/abpxdp7m2dmInfae 本メールに関するお問い合わせ窓口 sgnsupport@sega.co.jp

So I've been trying out a new combination and I think this might be the best combination to use in the game with any character for both events and normal play with 1 exception.

Carbuncle (Level 4 is fine but level 5 is best).

Sharah (Level 5).

Why this combo is so great

Sharah as we all know gives the player a random non colour power when they hit a specific combo level. This includes invincibility, shields and the combo booster item. For going for a high score, this works well as it gives the player tons of protection and combo bonuses when they reach the third and fourth stage, when most of the rings and gems turn into super gems. 

This allows a player to progress much further since it provides them with some protection from hazards.

Now Carbuncle pulls in all items on the screen at once when the player reaches a specific combo level. This means that Sharah is supporting carbuncle in that it's providing bonuses which help prevent a combo drop.

Carbuncle is also supporting sharah, how you ask? Well... say Carbuncle activates at I dunno 500 combo. His activation level is instantly reset at that point. Meaning when he hits 500, his counter returns, then any item which he pulls in contributes to his count.

So say Carbuncle activates and pulls in 100 items. His count is now at 100. 

You might think, there's only so many places where this is useful? Well no, there are many places where this can be done. The first and obvious one is the drill wisp segment, now at this point, carbuncle can potentially activate twice and Sharah also can potentially activate twice. That means you get 100% of the gems in this spot, + 2 Sharah bonuses, and if you are in wisp form... that's pretty much a 500 combo multiplier on top of that. 

But there are other places too where this works wonders, like the asteroid wisp segment which links into the golden enemy mob. There's other spots particularly on the flight stages where there are tons of super gems bunched together including red gems. 

For high scores

This combo bonus works better than other for high scores because when carbuncle activates at level 4 or 5, he's often in places where gems bunch together, the increased collection rate vastly outnumbers potential benefits from other companions which boost non colour powers or other scoring percentages. With sharah supporting and providing shields or invincibility, she activates far more often which negates the benefits of a non colour power booster.

For special events

This just seems better than any of the special event bonuses that some companions provide. The reason being is that Carbuncle picks up so many items in one activation it just seems to be a better investment than the other bonuses which the other companions provide.

Where it's not so great.

Boss fights, totally useless.

Red Ring farming, swap out carbuncle for the battleship.

• Thumbs Up 2

The problem with Carbuckle though is he was a event buddy wasn't he? Which means it's likely only people who played Pre-Launch have him.

Speaking of which, I was wondering but, some of you guys mentioned Baby Wisps months ago. Exactly what are baby wisps?

Better than me. I spun twice and got the magic lamp (which is useful) and the Egg Chao (which is useless)

Just got the magic lamp. I had 48 RSRs and got 3 on my previous run. Spun and got the lamp. 

But even before I had the lamp, how am I better than you on what I got? Omega's almost useless...Rouge is better (even though I still won't use her). I do also have Egg Chao from long ago, I agree, if not level 4 or above, it's useless.

I have Carbuncle level 4...maybe I should use it, but who should I replace? Shahra or the lamp? ._.

Edited by Ming Ming Yuigahama

Omega may be useless, but he's still a extremely hard to get character. Egg Chao is both common and crap.

So I've been trying out a new combination and I think this might be the best combination to use in the game with any character for both events and normal play with 1 exception.

Carbuncle (Level 4 is fine but level 5 is best).

Sharah (Level 5).

Why this combo is so great

Sharah as we all know gives the player a random non colour power when they hit a specific combo level. This includes invincibility, shields and the combo booster item. For going for a high score, this works well as it gives the player tons of protection and combo bonuses when they reach the third and fourth stage, when most of the rings and gems turn into super gems. 

This allows a player to progress much further since it provides them with some protection from hazards.

Now Carbuncle pulls in all items on the screen at once when the player reaches a specific combo level. This means that Sharah is supporting carbuncle in that it's providing bonuses which help prevent a combo drop.

Carbuncle is also supporting sharah, how you ask? Well... say Carbuncle activates at I dunno 500 combo. His activation level is instantly reset at that point. Meaning when he hits 500, his counter returns, then any item which he pulls in contributes to his count.

So say Carbuncle activates and pulls in 100 items. His count is now at 100. 

You might think, there's only so many places where this is useful? Well no, there are many places where this can be done. The first and obvious one is the drill wisp segment, now at this point, carbuncle can potentially activate twice and Sharah also can potentially activate twice. That means you get 100% of the gems in this spot, + 2 Sharah bonuses, and if you are in wisp form... that's pretty much a 500 combo multiplier on top of that. 

But there are other places too where this works wonders, like the asteroid wisp segment which links into the golden enemy mob. There's other spots particularly on the flight stages where there are tons of super gems bunched together including red gems. 

For high scores

This combo bonus works better than other for high scores because when carbuncle activates at level 4 or 5, he's often in places where gems bunch together, the increased collection rate vastly outnumbers potential benefits from other companions which boost non colour powers or other scoring percentages. With sharah supporting and providing shields or invincibility, she activates far more often which negates the benefits of a non colour power booster.

For special events

This just seems better than any of the special event bonuses that some companions provide. The reason being is that Carbuncle picks up so many items in one activation it just seems to be a better investment than the other bonuses which the other companions provide.

Where it's not so great.

Boss fights, totally useless.

Red Ring farming, swap out carbuncle for the battleship.

I completely agree with this, Carbuncle and Sharah make up a fantastic combo that is sure to get a huge high score. I attempted using Skull Chao and Magic Lamp again, but this time I used Amitie Amy and Amy rather than Sonic. The results were great, I almost got as much as I did with Sharah and Carbuncle...but here's the thing. My regular Amy is level 0. If I get her to level 100, that's an extra 50% animal booster, along with all the other bonuses that will level along the way. The only reason I'm hesitant on leveling her is because Shadow will undoubtedly come out soon, and he is sure to carry a score bonus. If he does, Carbuncle and Sharah will dominate once again.

All i want is Rouge lmao, I keep getting lamps, Chao and Omega, come on Runners...

Question though. If you use RSR's to buy revive tokens, is that a permanent upgrade or just until you use them up?  Because the max revives I can get is 3, so I'm wondering why they offer, 5, 10, 50 and 100. Are they just disposable extra lives that vanish after you use them? Do they not replenish after time?

Edited by Lady Soniko

I've got a level 0 Carbuncle because I made my new save at the very end of the Puyo event :'(

Also, does anyone else think they overdid the power sections this time around? I don't remember power character sections being nearly as unmanoeuvrable in the Sonic's Birthday event as they are in this one. I remember Puyo being kind of unforgiving in this way as well, but certainly not the birthday one.

I've got a level 0 Carbuncle because I made my new save at the very end of the Puyo event :'(

Also, does anyone else think they overdid the power sections this time around? I don't remember power character sections being nearly as unmanoeuvrable in the Sonic's Birthday event as they are in this one. I remember Puyo being kind of unforgiving in this way as well, but certainly not the birthday one.

Yeah, it's definitely more difficult than the birthday one. I think the birthday event was more designed for speed characters while all the other events are balanced all the way across flying power and speed. Whenever you see super bots, try to stay on the bottom path for a little bit. You will survive for quite a while. I managed to get 15,000 on one run (which gave me 30,000 thanks to the lamp)

Can anyone translate this? Got it this morning through email. 

Umm... that... has nothing to do with Sonic Runners. It's just an email advertising a new update for another SEGA mobile game. And.. it's a horse racing game...  called Derby Owners Club. :V (you could've figured out for yourself too you know...)

Anyway.. this new event is rather interesting. I'm surprised of all things, they decided to go with a Secret Rings event. I haven't been able to play much, since the game really really lags on my phone now for some reason. But eh, this even still looks pretty lame to me. The companions aren't even particularly great either. I'll pass on this one.

On a related note, I somehow got into S** rank.. Erm.. I don't even play the game anymore aside once a week maybe. Oh well. I got red rings so I'm happy. 

Umm... that... has nothing to do with Sonic Runners. It's just an email advertising a new update for another SEGA mobile game. And.. it's a horse racing game...  called Derby Owners Club. :V (you could've figured out for yourself too you know...)

Anyway.. this new event is rather interesting. I'm surprised of all things, they decided to go with a Secret Rings event. I haven't been able to play much, since the game really really lags on my phone now for some reason. But eh, this even still looks pretty lame to me. The companions aren't even particularly great either. I'll pass on this one.

On a related note, I somehow got into S** rank.. Erm.. I don't even play the game anymore aside once a week maybe. Oh well. I got red rings so I'm happy. 

I guess I could have figured it out, but I'm at work and I figured I'd ask the experts :p but yeah, my bad I thought it was runners related because I got a runners notification around the same time. Regardless thanks for the help. And yes, the event is pretty bland, but Erazor can be quite useful at maximum level. Potentially live forever as every 1000 combos will give you a shield. Not the best for high scores, but it is if you manage to run for hours.

I guess I could have figured it out, but I'm at work and I figured I'd ask the experts

:P

but yeah, my bad I thought it was runners related because I got a runners notification around the same time. Regardless thanks for the help. And yes, the event is pretty bland, but Erazor can be quite useful at maximum level. Potentially live forever as every 1000 combos will give you a shield. Not the best for high scores, but it is if you manage to run for hours.

Well for future reference, if you want to know if it's Sonic Runners related, look for this text: ソニック ランナーズ. It says Sonic Runners in Japanese. If you don't know Japanese, you could at least memorize so and ni (ソニ) to know it's at least talking about Sonic. That's how I recognized Sonic's Japanese name before I learned Katakana. Generally emails with Sonic Runners related news will have this in the subject:『ソニック ランナーズ』. The emails aren't anything too important. They just announce events a bit ahead of time. Though the last one I got was for the PuyoPuyo one. I'm not sure they send them out anymore. :L

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, I'm really curious. What are the baby wisps? I remember a bunch of people saying they got them back during pre-launch but they seem to be gone in the worldwide release.

And they're definitely missing from the worldwide launch?

haha my little bro played the event already .. i was laughing with the cutscenes :lol:

becasue it results that Sonic doesn't remember anything from The Secret Rings.. wich its confusing because in Generations he mentions "saving magic genies"  so i guess it might be a mistake XD

then is  Erazor Djinn!!  was released by someone after Sonic decreted him to be on the the lamp forever XD

and now there is mini Erazor Djinns around there granting wishes.. XD hahah

then at the last moment.. when Eggman attaked with his Erazor Djinn and then Sonic and Co attaked with their.. i was kinda hoping this one fuse eachother and attack Eggman and Sonic and friends.. XD haha but  it  resulted something kinda like a pokemon battle of Erazor Djinns XD haha

and then.. King Shahryar is alive at the same time that Eggman does...  that was kinda weird to me..  because i was kinda assuming he was Eggman's ansestor or something.. and now they come out with this :D hahah

but well.. it was funny anyway..  now my bro has Erazor and Shahra around  XD haha

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't like Secret rings either and I'm the weirdo who liked boom.^-^;;;;

When it comes to the story book games I prefer the black knight game personally.

I'm glad another event is on though. I can collect more red rings a bit more easily. I'm not interested in Rouge or omega but I'm saving red rings in hopes to get someone I really want when they put them up in future. Just have to wait it out.=3

I missed out on classic sonic which annoyed me.=(

It takes so long to save up red rings though.=/

Edited by Super Sonic Speed

Hey, guys! I have some information to share with you. First of all, I was just encountered a bug this morning. It was about the same as the last bug before the worldwide release of Sonic Runners. And this time, there was an unstoppable spin on the item roulettte, just the right time when the connection was lost. However, after refreshing the game, I can still be able to use a free spin in the item roulette. Second, I got another bug. I logged in Sonic Runners at 8:00 PM (GMT). Then, both Runners' League and World Ranking results didn't appear. I checked Runners' League out and it says "Calculating rankings...". Even I used a revive token, Those two ranking results didn't appear, but I got so much rings & RSRs from them. Finally, I realized that Desert Ruins event was originally called Eid Al-Fitr event. This holiday is held in July 17th-18th 2015, but Sega just started the event when Moslems ended the last fasting day on July 16th 2015 in Japan.

Finally compatible with my device (legally). Installed the download crud. Goes to the title screen fine. Gives info on the Desert Chao. Crashes my tablet. I hate my life.