Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Oh, but there is. It's called paying. Why do people complain about a character being difficult to get in a F2P game? 

Because you are gambling with a 3% chance to obtain it? Making the character less a reward for good play or even for a purchase for that matter and more a random gamble chance which can effectively rob you even if you do pay?

If you were in charge of Sonic Runners, would you want higher profits or higher amounts of satisfied players? 

Satisfied players, because as a developer I know that a happy user base is more likely to spend money in the long run than the one or two whales which will always spend money regardless as to what content I put out.

Trust me, nobody paid back during the soft launch, and if you want this game to have continued support than let them try to make money.

Both this topic and the one on Retro has examples of people doing just that.

Also case in point, Fallout Shelter, it's a free to play game which was (not sure if it still is) the highest earning mobile game in the world. How it works is that the pay for items are not forced on the player and are entirely optional, however, non paying players are still able to progress and have an equal chance of getting to their goals without having to slog it out. 

There is no sense of feeling robbed or that the cards are stacked against you. 

Free to play works when the game isn't designed to hinder or punish your efforts, when it's done to compliment the game as opposed to being near vital (like Runners) or essential to progress (like Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 & Dungeon Keeper mobile). I could cite tons of examples of free to play games which make a ton of money because the premium elements are not forced on the player, but compliment the progress they make.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been waiting for this moment since the very beginning...saving up red rings after red rings.  Skipping Rouge and Omega for this opportunity.

i really feel dumb

i payed ~30$ to get the 800 Red ring offer

CQ566n0.jpg

everything was good until i reached E*

then i can't promoted any more

even now i see the leaderboard i am in is somehow broken

the boss fights are near impossible not to die , suddenly i was played good

then in the next level the boss become very very hard

if i reset the game , can i get those rings back ?

Edited by aos10

if i reset the game , can i get those rings back ?

Of course not.

I've been waiting for this moment since the very beginning...saving up red rings after red rings.  Skipping Rouge and Omega for this opportunity.

Well the fact that Rouge and Omega will still be in the roulette it wouldn't be a good idea to get Cream at launch. Wait until August 7th when Rouge and Omega have left the roulette before spinning. And let's hope Sega don't introduce another character then.

Why is Sonic Runners still in "testing mode"? (1.1.1t)

My iPad version shows 1.1.1 with no "t" at the end.

then what the point of "restore purchases" ?

There's no restore purchases option in the game. You can't restore red star rings, lives or normal rings. It's like eating pie, once it's gone it's gone. Can't be transferable unless you are moving your whole account from one device to another.

then what the point of "restore purchases" ?

Wait that's an option? 

You mean I can buy something, get shit, decide I don't like it and get the stuff back to try again?

Well the fact that Rouge and Omega will still be in the roulette it wouldn't be a good idea to get Cream at launch. Wait until August 7th when Rouge and Omega have left the roulette before spinning. And let's hope Sega don't introduce another character then.

That's probably when I'll spin which gives me a good amount of time grinding for red rings.  It's kind of unfortunate though because I like Rouge and Omega.  But this roulette wheel forces me to pick and choose who I attempt to get. Having even a decent chance of getting Cream means missing my chance for those two.

Edited by Taokaka

Wait that's an option? 

You mean I can buy something, get shit, decide I don't like it and get the stuff back to try again?

No, I'm sure it's for accidental purchases. Let's say you're a parent and give the game to your kid and they buy red rings. You can restore the purchase as long as no red rings were used. Many apps have this for in-game purchases. Even paid apps have it. But I do believe there are rules, such as you needing to restore within a certain amount of time. 

Why is Sonic Runners still in "testing mode"? (1.1.1t)

I was going to ask this same question. I also have an iPhone 5s and the title screen says "1.1.1t" as well.

My only guess is that it's because I downloaded the game when it was accidentally released just ahead of the worldwide launch before being pulled and then released again. Other than that, I have no clue.

No, I'm sure it's for accidental purchases. Let's say you're a parent and give the game to your kid and they buy red rings. You can restore the purchase as long as no red rings were used. Many apps have this for in-game purchases. Even paid apps have it. But I do believe there are rules, such as you needing to restore within a certain amount of time. 

No it's not... Restore Purchases mean you get you restore your old IAP from your iTunes/Google Play account. Like the Double Rings feature you see in Sonic Dash and Jump. You only need to pay for it once, then as long you have access to the account you originally bought the double rings from, you can always restore that feature free of charge. Runners doesn't have this restore option because...there's no permanent feature/item to restore. All Runners IAPs are consumable items.

My iPhone 5S still shows the "t" at the end :/

81c2a0b594ec9097822f25e5ed72331b.jpg
My iPhone 6 shows it too...hmmm that's weird. I know the iPad shares the exact same app as the iPhone since it's an universal app... So this is weird. Maybe Sega forgot to remove the "t" when launching the app through iPhones.

No it's not... Restore Purchases mean you get you restore your old IAP from your iTunes/Google Play account. Like the Double Rings feature you see in Sonic Dash and Jump. You only need to pay for it once, then as long you have access to the account you originally bought the double rings from, you can always restore that feature free of charge. Runners doesn't have this restore option because...there's no permanent feature/item to restore. All Runners IAPs are consumable items.

Sooo.. it's in case you get a new device then? I wasn't sure because I've never used the feature before. I just assumed. :L

It shows the testing letter t on mines here. If since I going switch phones, and if I save all my 4 app games to SD card, will my game data show up on the other phone or not? I got Android and the next phone is Android with physical keyboard. I already tested this by putting all games on SD card and removing it and putting it back in and it all worked. Does google play and my email associated with that help out with transfer?

I have Sonic Lvl=60, Tails Lvl=60, Knuckles Lvl=60, Vector Lvl=60, Amitie Amy Lvl=60, and Classic Sonic Lvl=40. As you can tell I level up all my characters equally. I got 140 companions and not want to lose all that progress I made with that. The achievements are on google account and that must mean it will show up on transfer there.

No it's not... Restore Purchases mean you get you restore your old IAP from your iTunes/Google Play account. Like the Double Rings feature you see in Sonic Dash and Jump. You only need to pay for it once, then as long you have access to the account you originally bought the double rings from, you can always restore that feature free of charge. Runners doesn't have this restore option because...there's no permanent feature/item to restore. All Runners IAPs are consumable items. My iPhone 6 shows it too...hmmm that's weird. I know the iPad shares the exact same app as the iPhone since it's an universal app... So this is weird. Maybe Sega forgot to remove the "t" when launching the app through iPhones.

I have Sonic Runners in my iPhone 6+.image.thumb.jpg.8bbbf5d395d1da6b5ac846ddI think that Sega mostly fixed the name of the game version in bigger devices instead of smaller devices. Or maybe if you install the game on a new device or delete and reinstall it on an old device, it will be no "t" in the name of the game version in the title screen.

Edited by GreninJovan

Because you are gambling with a 3% chance to obtain it? Making the character less a reward for good play or even for a purchase for that matter and more a random gamble chance which can effectively rob you even if you do pay?

I understand people not liking the odds, and I personally am not a fan of the wheel, but it does seem to sell well, doesn't it? Puzzle and Dragons makes huge amounts of money in Japan, and it has a machine that functions the same as Sonic Runners' wheel, so it seems logical that Sega would try copying it.

Satisfied players, because as a developer I know that a happy user base is more likely to spend money in the long run than the one or two whales which will always spend money regardless as to what content I put out.

I see your point, but I hear successful games like Clash of Clans and Candy Crush Saga have a large amount of their player base not spending anything while a small percentage spend thousands (at least in Clash) to get to the top.

Both this topic and the one on Retro has examples of people doing just that.

Also case in point, Fallout Shelter, it's a free to play game which was (not sure if it still is) the highest earning mobile game in the world. How it works is that the pay for items are not forced on the player and are entirely optional, however, non paying players are still able to progress and have an equal chance of getting to their goals without having to slog it out. 

There is no sense of feeling robbed or that the cards are stacked against you. 

Interesting. I've never heard of a game doing well without using cheap tactics to encourage spending.

Free to play works when the game isn't designed to hinder or punish your efforts, when it's done to compliment the game as opposed to being near vital (like Runners) or essential to progress (like Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 & Dungeon Keeper mobile). I could cite tons of examples of free to play games which make a ton of money because the premium elements are not forced on the player, but compliment the progress they make.

My comments are in bold. I suppose I agree that Sega isn't using a good method to make money, but I don't think some of the drastic changes people are suggesting, like increasing the chance of getting a character to 20%, would benefit Sega.

About the "t" at the end of the version number, after it remained on my device after 1.1.0 came out, I just assumed it didn't stand for "test". But I guess only Sega knows for sure.

Hmm...I wonder if the t thing only happens to players who been playing before worldwide release? 

Any of those players has the Facebook/Friends option broken, having 1.1.1t = no Facebook? 

Hmm...I wonder if the t thing only happens to players who been playing before worldwide release? 

Any of those players has the Facebook/Friends option broken, having 1.1.1t = no Facebook? 

I've been playing since soft launch and have the t. Facebook has also been broken since. Does it work for anyone else, though? I thought it was broken for everyone... 

Well this isn't possible as I have been playing before worldwide launch and on my Air 2, it doesn't have a t. However my iPhone 6 does. And Facebook options are not working on both.

So with Omega and Rouge staying in the Premium Roulette a while longer, are they really adding two more characters in it, giving you a chance of 1,5% per character?

Or are the Team Rose episodes finally coming up? Especially since Desert Ruins is supposed to become a regular stage, which would require new episodes...