Awoo.

Persona 5

Jin.

Just saw the trailer from another source. This game must be spoilertastic or something because the trailer had reused footage from the first one. Was it like that for P3 and P4?

Alright, me and Red Cap have been speculating a little on the new Persona 5 trailer. (I have a re-up here.)

Firstly, the trailer's been translated.

• Are you just going to watch?
  • Was that a mistake?
  • Haha.. That’s right. That’s how it should be.
  • I am thou…
  • Thou art me..
  • For that justice that you believed in…
  • Something being of something.
  • Well then… Let’s begin!
  • MC: Come Persona!
  • Anne: I won’t hold back!
  • Morgana: This is my time to shine!
  • Ryuji: This is tension is getting me worked up!
  • When your fate has been settled…
  • Let’s meet again.

Firstly, regarding this scene.

A0QIMGc.jpg

• [21:45:50] Red Cap: Perhaps that's where he first gets his Persona
  • [21:47:37] Boma Iringe: To fuck him up like that though? idk man, the only other violent reaction like that was Makoto getting Thanatos, and that was at the beginning of P3
  • [21:48:25] Red Cap: Hmm. Is the whole "fight Shadow versions of each character's Persona before they join your party" thing just P4 or is that series-wide?
  • [21:50:34 | Edited 21:51:09] Boma Iringe: https://youtu.be/TJSldnQE_z4?t=5m this is the scene I'm talking about
  • [21:50:38 | Edited 21:50:43] Boma Iringe: P4 only

Secondly,

inPAOYQ.jpg

And my own little thing.

6f879b6cb52966d86a85421cf9a0c47b.png

• Picaresque - of or relating to an episodic style of fiction dealing with the adventures of a rough and dishonest but appealing hero.
  • Juvenile - of, for, or relating to young people.
  • Aventure ~ Adventure - an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.
  • Derrière le Masque ~ Behind the Mask

c623be204df8696691623b22c06b2c3f.png

• Arsène ~ Arsène Lupin - a fictional gentleman thief and master of disguise created by French writer Maurice Leblanc.
  • Voleur dans la nuit ~ Thief in the night
  • Let us start the game
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

So there was an interview with Yu Numba, who is a Senior Project Manager who has overseen the localization for Persona titles. http://personacentral.com/siliconera-localizing-persona-an-interview-with-atluss-yu-namba/

Here's the most interesting bit about P5: 

How do you approach localizing a game that is so densely rooted in Japanese Culture without taking the route that other publishers seem to, like Ace Attorney turning Tokyo into a fictional Los Angeles?

Yu Namba, Senior Project Manager: I mean, honestly, in the past, Atlus did go that route. For example, Revelations: Persona does a lot of that. That was one or two years before I joined the company. Since then, let’s say starting with Persona 2: Eternal Punishment… I think that was a turning point for the company in terms of localization, where we wanted to keep to the original content as much as possible. Of course, there are so many things that are so different—Japan exclusive, rather—that if you just translate, nobody here on the stateside would understand.

At the same time, especially with the Persona games from Persona 3 onward, the games had so much Japanese content that our goal was to try to maintain that to… I wouldn't say educate, but maybe introduce Japanese culture to western game players. That’s what we’ve been sticking to up to now. I'm not sure how it’s going to be with Persona 5 honestly, but, at least for Dancing All Night, it definitely follows the trend.

See the word choice here? "I'm not sure how it's going to be with Persona 5?" Now, that would indicate that they haven't even started localizing yet, which led me to believe that this game isn't coming in 2015.

But then I saw this in NeoGaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172504642&postcount=144

This localization interview was done in the early days at E3, and Hardin has went on to say it's still on track for 2015, so I'm not sure what to think. Would be nice if we had something more to go on.

So a SCEE advertisement states that Persona 5 is gonna be released in Europe in 2016. 

http://personacentral.com/scee-advertisement-lists-persona-5-for-a-2016-release-date/

That's not surprising considering Atlus's thing with Europe, but what makes this list suspect is the fact that the Final Fantasy 7 remake is also coming to Europe in 2016...

That must be some type of error. Well, either way, just wanted to post this here to let you know the obvious. 

• 2 weeks later...

So this might not mean much, but John Hardin, PR spokesperson for Atlus USA, is taking an international trip in September. Part of it will be in Canada, and he didn't clarify what the other part of the trip will be. Someone suggested the Tokyo Game Show.

Has a Japanese game ever been announced for other release dates in other territories in TGS before?

Edit: Er, nevermind, Josh commented on Neogaf that it's just a vacation. 

Edited by kboyrulez12345

• 4 weeks later...

Atlus announced that they’ll have a “Persona Special Stage” event at this year’s Tokyo Game Show on September 19th from 2:30pm to 3:30pm JST. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

The stage event will feature some popular talents behind the Persona series like vocalist Yumi Kawamura, Lotus Juice, Shihoko Hirata, DJ WAKA and many others, who’ll be there to perform live music.

Additionally, there will be a live talk show featuring Persona Stalker Club’s hosts Mafia Kajita and Tomomi Isomura. More details for the event will be announced in the near future.

Atlus haven’t shared any details on whether we’ll get a new trailer or release date for Persona 5 at Tokyo Game Show, but seeing that they’re going to have this special event for the occasion, there’s a good chance that we may get something new.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/09/atlus-announced-a-persona-special-stage-for-tokyo-game-show-2015/#B1tV5El3blevSiIr.99

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/09/atlus-announced-a-persona-special-stage-for-tokyo-game-show-2015/

Well, if there will be any new Persona 5 info, it will be here. Does anyone know where they live stream TGS?

Pfft, there's definitely going to be a trailer or gameplay. You wouldnt prepare a event like that and put tons of effort into it, at TGS to boot, and not show something. That's like if Square went to D23 and Kingdom Hearts 3 was the main thing  there, and Square just talked the entire time only showing a few pics and a having one announcement....wait./sarcasm

seriously, I'm sure we'll get something shown. It's been awhile now.

Pfft, there's definitely going to be a trailer or gameplay. You wouldnt prepare a event like that and put tons of effort into it, at TGS to boot, and not show something. That's like if Square went to D23 and Kingdom Hearts 3 was the main thing  there, and Square just talked the entire time only showing a few pics and a having one announcement....wait./sarcasm

seriously, I'm sure we'll get something shown. It's been awhile now.

Especially since they keep beating us over the head that it will be release this year in NA. 

So yeah, it's confirmed that Persona 5 WILL have an appearance at TGS! Although...there's one thing that's off...

Persona 5 has been confirmed to appear at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show 2015 convention through Sega’s official TGS 2015 website that has been launched.

According to Sega’s game lineup, Persona 5 will be featured on-stage at TGS 2015, however it is not listed to have new video or be available to play hands-on at Sega’s TGS booth.

This follows last week’s tease and the announcement that Odin Sphere Leifthrasir would be featured at the convention along with Sega’s preliminary game lineup.

As previously announced, Atlus will be having an hour long stage event called the “ATLUS PRESENTS PERSONA SPECIAL STAGE” on September 19th at 2:30 PM JST (10:30 PM PDT / 1:30 AM EDT / other times).

Tokyo Game Show 2015 starts on September 17th and goes until the 20th. Prior to that, SCEJA will have their annual pre-TGS conference on September 15th.

http://personacentral.com/persona-5-confirmed-for-tokyo-game-show-2015-appearance/

If the game is really gonna be released this year, then there should be some kind of hands on experience there. Although, it could be that the video and hands on experience will appear at the Persona concert perhaps, or even Atlus own booth, so it's still too early to judge. 

Guys...guys...something is going to happen...SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! 

John Hardin, the American Atlus PR manager. Remember when I posted that tweet of him saying he had an international trip to go to, and I originally thought it was at Japan, but he said it was actually Canada?

Well...he lied: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084577&page=70

He also posted this on his Twitter: http://i.imgur.com/qb2YKSL.png

Well, it's probably for the best then, as long as the end product is polished and well defined. Remind me again though, who was the one that kept saying 2015: Atlus JP or Atlus USA?

As for the trailer, I'll wait for subs to come out before I comment on it.

Edited by kboyrulez12345

Hashino says that at the moments, all the “parts” of Persona 5 have been assembled, and they’re currently tuning up the gameplay. In order to meet all the expectations from fans, the chief director and the others are focusing on making Persona 5 into a more complete game, so he asks if it’s okay to keep you guys waiting just a little longer.

As for the game’s development, he says that everything is going smoothly, so not to worry about that.

On the subject of the trailer that was shown at Tokyo Game Show 2015, the part Hashino wanted to share most with everyone is about the concept of “stealing hearts,” which is done by sneaking into one’s heart in phantom thief-like fashion, which will be a focus in the game’s story.

Since Persona 5 is being developed for a new console, Hashino didn’t want to hold anything back and just make a short game, so instead, they’re packing the game with all kinds of content, and it’ll be the most voluminous title the series has yet to see as far as gameplay and play time goes.

For the main cast, Atlus got help from very talented individuals, so Hashino says that you can expect great things out of everything, from event scenes,to battle sequences and dungeon play.

To end the video, Hashino asks if all of you enjoyed the recent trailer, which he believes had a lot to share. However, regarding the development delay of the game, he deeply apologizes to everyone that has been waiting in anticipation for so long. That said, he feels that in order to make the game into something more complete, and something that can provide players with a better experience, more time will be needed, so he asks if you can wait just a little longer.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/17/persona-5-director-shares-a-message-about-the-games-development-and-delay/#18HrUtzpQ3RhKChG.99

I'm surprised nobody posted the character bios yet. Well, here you go:

P5 Protagonist: http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Protagonist.png

Ryuji Sakamoto: http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Ryuji-Sakamoto-Profile.jpg

Just like the youth assumed to be the leader, he is a 16-year old boy in the second year at Shûjin gakuen high school. He has a rude way of speaking and seems to be regarded as a “problem child” at school. He causes his teachers and instructors more trouble than usual, and his behavior is problematic.
According to our investigation, he did not exhibit this sort of behavior previously, and further investigation into the cause of his delinquent behavior is desirable.

Anne Takamaki: http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Anne-Profile-Translation.jpg

A 16-year old, three quarters Japanese girl with American roots that attends Shûjin gakuen. At school, she appears to be unable to blend in and lonely due to her striking looks. She is being observed acting together with the youth assumed to be the leader and Sakamoto Ryûji. At school, strange rumors are spreading about her, but whether these are true or not is still being investigated.

Morgana: http://personacentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Morgana-Direct.png

The most enigmatic existence within the thieves’ group. Small like a child, she looks like she’s modeled after a cat, but… her real form is completely unknown. This looks like a headdress…?
That is the extent of the information our investigation yielded.
Her features do resemble the cat that’s often with the boy presumed to be the leader, though…

According to some people, Anne's character sounds very familiar with a Persona 2 character. Is this true? I haven't played P1 or P2 yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So, i'm not the only one thats really hyped for how these new dungeons/heists are looking right now right? That alone is really making me pumped for this game and thats not even getting into how awesome everything else looks.

So, i'm not the only one thats really hyped for how these new dungeons/heists are looking right now right? That alone is really making me pumped for this game and thats not even getting into how awesome everything else looks.

Yeah, it looks like there will be more to dungeon crawling this time around, which is a huge relief from P3 and P4. Also, the story seems very interesting.

Not major news or anything, but Shigenori Soejima has an hour long illustration video of himself drawing a piece of art for Persona 5.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/18/watch-persona-5-artist-work-his-magic-in-an-hour-long-illustration-video/

And due to that video, we got a clean rip of the boss battle music!

Edited by I'm Dan
jesus christ the youtube video player is annoying to get it appear
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'ma just plug my Tumblr post in which I talk about the Japanese seiyuu (voice actors) for Persona 5.

http://athenacykes1.tumblr.com/post/129358724324/persona-5-seiyuu-jp-voice-actors

Jun Fukuyama
The Protagonist
Also known for: Lelouch Lamperouge, Johnny “Akiba” Sasaki, Roy, and Teruteru Hanamura.

Nana Mizuki
Anne Takamaki
Also known for: Hinata Hyuuga, Colette Brunel, Paz Ortega, and Wrath

Mamoru Miyano
Ryuji Sakamoto
Also known for: Light Yagami, Masaomi Kida, Riku, Rintarou Okabe, Flynn Scifo, and Ignis Stupeo Scientia

Ikue Otani
Morgana
Also known for: Pikachu, Tony Tony Chopper, Tiki, Konohamaru, and Zatch Bell

I see no one hasn't uploaded the Opening theme yet. Well, here it is. It's engrish and I can't understand what the singer is saying, but at least it sounds nice:

Someone on NeoGaf posted what he thinks, based on just hearing, are what the lyrics are:

Who am I?
I'm about to think
Maybe I'm not here at all...
Reckon the makers
??? as the lights
??? break us all resolve

Ah, it's useless.
What could it mean we're here?
Can we make a difference? 
If we don't break out of here?

Wake up, get up, get out there.
Raise our voice