Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure (Genesis) cleared.

j3cbn9tv7y5aY_xs.jpg

jM9NaiS9fQiM0_xs.jpg

LICENSED GAME BINGE. Well, a GOOD licensed game binge. Made in the old days before Konami went insane, this is a fun littler platformer. I'm a sucker for platformers, and there was plenty of running and jumping to be had here. Actually, Buster runs pretty fast, like a certain other blue animal out there, but the jumps are more similar to the Mario series where you have full control over your trajectory without the need of momentum (but jumping from a dash does give you extra length, though at a lower arc); it's even got a handy little wall jump to get extra height. The bosses are all pretty neat in their design too, with most of them actually being Dr. Gene Splicer but with the gimmick of him mind controlling other Tiny Toons characters with a helmet; you have to jump on him while avoiding your your brainwashed pal. There is also, of course, Elmyra (not mind controlled) who chases after in the final corridor leading to the battle with Montana Max. If she gets you? What do you think happens if she gets you?

I already finished Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension and AC Bloodlines (Both for the PSP), but I'll show proof for that later.

In the mean time......................

header.jpg?t=1372817607

Developed by Rocksteady, Published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Released on: PC, 360, PS3 (The console I played it with), Wii U (The console I previously played with it)

Out of all Superheroes, the only one I really like is Batman. And Arkham City successfully pulls you in the shoes of Batman in a fun, action-packed game with a good story and great combat. The puzzles are neat, but aren't entirely difficult enough, what is challenging is clearing out rooms. Most of them usually contain armed enemies and taking them down with stealth is normally the way to do it. Stealth is done very well in this game, and it works well with the combat, which has this strong flow to it that makes it incredibly enjoyable and fun to play.

Trophy for proof (Check Exit Stage Right, the achievement given to you upon beating the final boss/sequence in the game)

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1081-Batman-Arkham-City/MeltingComet

BfjXZhm.png

Defeated "Puyo Puyo 7" (SEGA, PSP)

Seem like I'm on a Puyo Puyo Binge  :P, anyway, This game was pretty alright. Due to the game being japanese, I couldn't really understand the story so it was mostly a match after match for me. From what I read, though, the story seem to be about Ringo (The girl I used for my avatar) trying to stop the puyos from flooding the world and fun stuff like that. I do like how they brought back some of the characters from the older games (Like Skeleton-T and... Satan) but everything else seem pretty... meh.

First off, the game is pretty easy. I rarely fail more then one time and the new transformation mode is pretty unbalanced. There is zero point of ever using the "Mega mode" (Which make the puyos bigger so it easier to do chains and whatnot) because you're better off defending the garbage using the "Small mode" (It basically work the same as Fever mode from the Fever games) due to how overpowered it is. You can literally have like a giant amount of garbage puyos and after doing a 3 combo, it just disappears and get send back to your opponent.

While the game is decent, there is some stuff holding it back from being a great game.

• Thumbs Up 2

So a few to add to my count.

Knack - PS4 100%

Knack starts off really good, then becomes boring, it becomes boring because it is boring. It is boring because killing the same enemy over and over with no item drop or reason to do so other than to open a door is boring. 

The background/ambiance music is boring.

The story is needlessly confusing and has no idea what it wants to be.

Knack's voice sounds a like a bad James Bond impersonator. 

It starts off nice, then gets boring. Really boring. If you like games in which you are bored, or if you have children and are looking for a way to punish them when they're naughty, play Knack.

Killzone Mercenary (Vita) --- 100%

Killzone Mercenary is surprisingly fun! It's much better than Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall, the story is a bit daft but for a portable shooter it's really good. However getting 100% is very grindy and the multiplayer is quite poor.

So, since last time :

Donkey Kong Country

zwcex2.jpg

Sonic 2 Game Gear

rr44s5.jpg

Rocket Knight Adventures (Hard mode)

t5m5w8.jpg

Toki (Megadrive)

2lbfgxd.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

post-7129-0-53255100-1426491371_thumb.jp

Grand Theft Auto V PS4-Complete.

Still as good as always. My forth playthrough of the story and I still think it's amazing. The character interactions, the writing, and the characters themselves just make it a joy to replay. 

Phantasy Star III (Steam)

QaOjqLM.jpg

C65qyYQ.jpg

I got Sean's ending. I have to say that this game quickly jumped onto one of my favorite rpgs of all time! I can kind of understand why this game would be hated, but if you can at least get past Rhys' adventure the game quickly picks up the pace like a domino effect. Just hearing the music slowly build up as your team is growing, and then later on getting the aeroparts for Wren was just awesome! Great game!

Sonic 3 and Knuckles 100% (Steam)

4eU4QJQ.jpg

Jcoo5Bz.jpg

Don't think this game needs an explanation! As always, it was a great time.

I got a question Tracker. Since IDeath had each Sam & Max episode count as its own separate game, shouldn't that mean my list should be updated to say I've completed all 5 episodes 100% with each episode being a separate game?

I got a question Tracker. Since IDeath had each Sam & Max episode count as its own separate game, shouldn't that mean my list should be updated to say I've completed all 5 episodes 100% with each episode being a separate game?

Oh, good point! My bad, will fix that now.

CAZtM-2WgAE-qxl.jpg

Anyway, beat Enduro Racer on the SEGA Master System. Fun little game, though incredibly easy, and it actually hurts my eyes to play. The scrolling is too fast, and the isometric view makes it somewhat nauseating to play. At the very least it's under 10 minutes long, so I suppose it's not too bad, but alas. I prefer it to Excitebike at the least, but I need to play the arcade version sometime.

OK, actually updating the leaderboard now!

EDIT: Leaderboard updated, checking for inconsistencies would be appreciated as usual. 

Sonic 2 Game Gear

rr44s5.jpg

The bad ending? The good ending has both Sonic and Tails in the stars. Did you do both or something?

No, just the bad ending.

You should totally go for the good ending too. It's a whole extra level and boss fight with Robotnik.

People still debate whether the bad ending means Tails was killed. Even I thought that when I was a kid. Hoo man...

Yes, I know what happens with the emeralds. I had the game in 1992 and got the good ending a few times.

You guys are going to hate me for this but...

This'll be a long one.

Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - PS2 - Insomniac Games

post-6099-0-33438500-1426778332_thumb.jp

I love this game, it's my favorite of the trillogy, and not only the plot is waay more epic than the other two games, the villain is amazing, only problem is that once you get certain weapons, the difficulty drops like a rock

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - PS3 - Activision

[post-6099-0-69408800-1426778333_thumb.jp

Oh yeah I like Skylanders, sue me, I enjoyed the game and honestly it was a pretty good experience revisiting it.

Sonic Adventure - Dreamcast - SEGA

post-6099-0-37074400-1426778335_thumb.jp

Good ol' Sonic Adventure, took me a while to get used again to this playstyle, but it is enjoyable and memorable, and I can see why so many people love it so much

Megaman The Power Battle - Arcade(Played on a PS2 through Anniversary Collection) - Capcom

post-6099-0-50660100-1426778336_thumb.jp

My favorite parts of Megaman games are the bosses, so a game that's pretty much just boss fights is something I appreciate, I just wish there would be a bigger variety between playable characters.

Megaman 2 The Power Fighers - Arcade(Played on a PS2 through Anniversary Collection) - Capcom

post-6099-0-46958500-1426778337_thumb.jp

Same as the first, tho' Duo is quite the welcome surprise.

Sonic 4 Episode I - PS3 - SEGA
post-6099-0-49665600-1426778339_thumb.jp

I really don't like this one. The gameplay is bland, the music would be good if the instruments didn't suck and everything just screams ''NO EFFORT''

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - PSOne - Insomniac
post-6099-0-68477400-1426778340_thumb.jp
One of my favorite Spyro games, I wanted to go with this one first since Spyro 3 would take ages to beat.

Sonic 1 - Mega Drive - SEGA
post-6099-0-72185300-1426778342_thumb.jp
Honestly, I don't like this game very much, I don't know why, maybe it's because I suck at it, seriously, I wasted, like, 20 continues on it, thank you Generations and your infinite continues.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Dreamcast - SEGA
post-6099-0-57861200-1426778343_thumb.jp
After Adventure, I was worried I wouldn't addapt to the gameplay of this one, but damn if I didn't, I think I prefer this over Adventure.

Sonic 3 - Mega Drive - SEGA
post-6099-0-13283500-1426778345_thumb.jp
What can I say, it's a fun game, I love beating it from time to time, and having the Big Arm here as a Final Boss does help, since it's always such an epic battle.

Sonic CD - SEGA CD - SEGA
post-6099-0-98499500-1426778352_thumb.jp
This one took a bit of a while, but I did it, going to it RIGHT AFTER the original classics is kinda hard, since there are spme alterations that can take some time to get used to

Sonic 2 - Mega Drive- SEGA
post-6099-0-38668000-1426779095_thumb.jp
Heh, this game really gave me quite the asskicking by the final levels, Metropolis, Wing Fortress and the Final boss are quite the difficult spike, and honestly I'm happy with it, since it is a good point in the game to get dangerous.

Mega Man X5 - PSOne - Capcom

post-6099-0-69693300-1426778359_thumb.jp

Ahh, My favorite Megaman X game, this really brings me back, I loved it as a child, I love it now, it's just so epic and with a bigger scale than any other game up to this point, too bad Capcom screwed Inafune hard around this time, so many plotlines were left unsolved and then we got...Urgh, X6

Megaman 2 The Power Fighers - Arcade(Played on a PS2 through Anniversary Collection) - Capcom

attachicon.gif150309-0104-56.jpg

Same as the first, tho' Duo is quite the welcome surprise.

Oh, that one! Since, being European, I don't have a legal way to play that game (Anniversary Collection was not released in Europe), I have a MAME rom somewhere on this PC. I'll give it a go once more with feeling!

Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo) completed.

ib1Sc8vzbt1H70.png

iSHYI5vG4osP7.png

SNES in 1080p! All those pixels! Anyway, Super Castlevania IV is one of the only older Castlevania games I can really get into. That and Bloodlines, but that's another thing. Great music, crazy use of Mode 7, and Death being the annoying bitch he's always supposed to be. The whip was used in inventive ways in this one, and though it might have made certain instances easier, I find it shouldn't be any other way considering you can use it to swing between platforms.

So I got Mario party 10 on launch and there is no real story to it and so it seems its pretty much just collecting things so I guess %100 percent is the only way to do it to complete it.

Anyways here is a pic from miiverse. Getting ready for a mini game.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjM3N_Zfw

Ill probably post a video of everything unlocked since it will be hard to show of everything in picture.

Finished the first episode of Back to the Future: The Game!

header.jpg?t=1386293160

Published by Universal Studios

Developed by Telltale Games

Playable on: PS3 (I played it on PS3), Wii, X360, PC, iOS

Episode: 1

-Game played with normal settings, number of hints were not affected in any way

The first episode was fairly brief but so far I'm really impressed by the game. I haven't watched much of the Back to the Future games but I certainly enjoyed this so far. Working on Episode 2.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/772-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-1-Its-About-Time/MeltingComet(Check the gold trophy, which unlocks upon completion of episode 1

col1h2D.jpg

GQhX7fN.jpg

FJGiNzO.jpg

Defeated "Puyo Puyo Fever Chu!!"* (Sega, PSP)

*Only finished the Waku Waku course, will update when I beat the Haru Haru course.

... Yep, still on a Puyo Puyo binge. I found my old PSP in my closet and decided to test out the custom firmware hacks which can load ISO files on your system and among other things. But anyway, this is a sequel to the first Fever and due to the unsatisfactory sale of Puyo Pop Fever in the west (and maybe UK?), this never got a English localization. Luckily, you don't really need to know a lot of Japanese to get through the game. The menus is basically a map screen now so you can go off the visuals alone. The story now let you play as three characters now (Bitchine  Raffine, Amitie, and newcomer, Sig) with their own somewhat different storylines and the cutscenes are way better now. There's more sprites, more expression, actual movement, and the humor is pretty good as well.

The gameplay is basically the same as Fever 1, minus that you can use Items to help you in your matches (at least in the story mode). I personally didn't use any Items because again, I don't really read Japanese and the game is already easy enough as it is. Your opponents take a long time to set their Puyos down and as soon you enter Fever mode, they are toast. I believe there is a difficultly settings in the option menus but I didn't really bother with it. Hopefully the HaruHaru course is more challenging.   

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, still on a Puyo Puyo binge. I found my old PSP in my closet and decided to test out the custom firmware hacks which can load ISO files on your system and among other things. But anyway, this is a sequel to the first Fever and due to the unsatisfactory sale of Puyo Pop Fever in the west (and maybe UK?), this never got a English localization. 

Well, wish you had knew this earlier, but Puyo Nexus just released an english patch for the PS2 version(but it´s just the story mode because they got bored lol) .Forgot to tell you Puyo 7 on the DS was translated too, as well as 15th anniversary, Puyo Sun, etc

I played Fever 2 a long time ago, but since there´s a translation now I´ll replay it, right after I am done with 20th anniversary.

(I am getting used to play on "original puyo puyo" mode on 20th anniversary, though...I don´t think I´ll enjoy returning to Fever...) ( ̄□ ̄;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, wish you had knew this earlier, but Puyo Nexus just released an english patch for the PS2 version(but it´s just the story mode because they got bored lol) .Forgot to tell you Puyo 7 on the DS was translate too, as well as 15th anniversary, Puyo Sun, etc

I played Fever 2 a long time ago, but since there´s a translation now I´ll replay it, right after I am done with 20th anniversary.

(I am getting used to play on "original puyo puyo tsuu" mode on 20th anniversary, though...I don´t think I´ll enjoy returning to Fever...) ( ̄□ ̄;)

I mean an official English translation. I'm aware of the fan translations. I played the PSP versions because of nostalgia sake as I played them a long time ago. Beside, I can't really play the PS2 version as my computer isn't powerful enough to run the emulator.

I was going to play the 20th anniversary game but for some reason, every time I start the game, my save date get "restarted" and I really don't want to replay Ringo's story for the 4th time.

2nd entry: Puyo puyo 20th anniversary (DS)

01u2yxw.jpg

It´s entertaining. Has a few improvements over 15th anniversary, old characters like Witch or Draco are back, has new modes, they even added a final story so that the game has a proper ending.

I didn´t understand the story very much since I played it in Japanese (Puyo Nexus gave up on translating it), but from what I have seen in some Let´s Plays it seemed funny, I guess.

I had absolutely no idea what was going on in that last battle, but definitely pick Accord as your partner. She´s a beast.

Played mostly on "original Puyo" mode, but tried some new modes and didn´t found them very interesting. I am glad Sun mode is back, though , and non-stop fever is a lifesaver.

If my computer is strong enough to run a PS2 emulator then I´ll go with Fever 2 since the story mode is translated. If not, I´ll keep playing MMX8 or Awakening.

• Thumbs Up 2