Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

So, a question right now, would 100% on a fighting game go towards trophies/achievements if the game had any? I'm playing through Tekken Revolution and it has roughly 13 trophies that I've almost completed as of now.

hJsROnu.jpg

Defeated Puyo Puyo Tetris! (PS Vita, Sega)

This game is my first ever import and it was a pretty good one! As you can see from the title, this game is basically a crossover with Puyo Puyo/Pop and Tetris. You can either do a Puyo Puyo/ Tetris battle OR do an Puyo vs Tetris battle!

Now the general gameplay is still the same (you want to have your opponent lose by sending junk on their screen and having it fill up to the top) even with the added Tetris mode. You can send/counter junk by making lines and the bigger the line is, the more effective your attack with be. You can also attack by doing a bunch of lines in a row but it's a tad tricky, though. In order for it to be remotely helpful, you have to do like 5 or 6 line chain.

Beside the standard battle, you can play other modes such as

- Swap (A mode where you both play Puyo and Tetris. At the start of the mode, you play either Tetris or Puyo and after the time limit is up, you switch to the different game and so on.)

- PuyoTetMix (Basically add Puyo and Tetris together)

-Big Bang (There's a preset of Puyo or Blocks and you need to get a large chain. It's pretty much the Fever mode of this game.)

- and Party (The point of this mode is to get the highest amount of points. Plays like the normal battle but has items place in the fields at random points.)

There's also a story mode. It basically have the Puyo characters team up with this space crew (who are named after Tetris Blocks) to stop the random falling blocks from... Crushing the world or something? Idunno, I think it have to do with messing up the universe? Anyway, the story is pretty cute once again. The characters are pretty likable and funny. Someone on youtube was kind enough to translate all the cutscenes into English, so give it a watch if you want:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-V6FDfwWngc

Now if you want to import the game but are putt off due to the Japanese text, don't worry! You honestly don't need to learn Japanese to play this game. Like Fever Chu, you can go off from visuals alone (there are guides if you need them, though).

Now, personally for me, I think this is a great puzzle game. It has tons of content and while I think Party mode is fucking trash (why do we need more random elements in an already RNG based game?), this game is gonna keep you busy for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, a question right now, would 100% on a fighting game go towards trophies/achievements if the game had any? I'm playing through Tekken Revolution and it has roughly 13 trophies that I've almost completed as of now.

If all trophies are collected, then the game counts as 100% completed. That was the case of the PSN games and since Tekken Revolution is a PSN game, then it should count as well.

Bill from Contra went all Commando and brought freedom, justice, and all of that American Jazz by defeating the evil Wart and rescuing his friend Lance in Super Mario Crossover (Browser Game, Exploding Rabbit / Nintendo) (SMB Mode, with random maps on)

9Umgmkz.png

"Now, let's go eat a hamburger, watch a football match and do all those things we Americans do."

Reposting of me finishing super Mario world.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/909/r1xafF.jpgthat's when I started

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi-FRTEXw

And that's when I finished.

Also reposting my completion on super Mario galaxy 2

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/901/PfyhXM.jpgthat's when I started, the same day it came out on eshop

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/908/BcMpN8.jpgand that's me finishing it. .

I still gotta 100% both of them. Not sure when I'll do it.

My first since the wipe but I've been working on this the whole time.

11150997_10202959247056229_8967840894450

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 100% complete. Now this game is quite good, best DBZ game in a long time anyway. Good spin on the story, good to make our own character and had good replayability. Only problem was the RNG item drops. It took me way too long to get certain moves and do the certain tasks to get them sometimes. What a bummer it was. Now to await the DLC to finish it off (there's no trophies for those though).

You forgot my Freedom Planet and Mario Crossover, it seems...

No I did not.

I only came on to clarify this, I'll update later on.

No I did not.

I only came on to clarify this, I'll update later on.

When I wrote that, those two games were not on that list. Don't worry, I get it now.

Bleh, I've caught the mmo bug again. I did manage to finish one game today that was put on the backburner!

Ys II (Steam)

NDHyILKl.jpg

oKfbvg9l.jpg

What's there to say besides it was a great classic rpg? Solomon Shrine can just kindly go to the same part of hell that Phantasy Star II's Dezo dungeons are at for all I care, but the bosses were terrific. They started off simple but then they got a little bit more of that bullet hell flair as I approached the end of the game. Enemies in the overworld also matter a lot more than in the previous game since you're now able to talk to them for hints. They're also a whole lot more formidable in their own right instead of just something in the way. The music too, oh man. A great rock soundtrack I've come to expect from the first game, along with a number of heroic beats and atmospheric tunes really brought the world to life. What a great way to wrap up the classic duo!

Harmoknight DeBEATed!

ahaha

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

harmo-knight.jpg

Developed by Game Freak, Published by Nintendo

Released on: 3DS

HarmoKnight is like a instrument. Somewhat easy to grasp, but hard to master. I really liked HarmoKnight's graphics and charm, especially the comic-book like text popping up, although the characters and the dialogue is so boring and just so cliche. You'll be going through a lot of dialogue in the game you just rather not see. The major flaw with the game is the music. While the set-pieces are fun, the actual tracks are so forgettable. Otherwise though, it's a good game, although it has a lot more potential at it's hand.

Proof:

photo_1_1.jpg

I 100%ed all trophies for Tekken Revolution. Surprisingly easy, but did take a few days.

Proof:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1990-TEKKEN-REVOLUTION/MeltingCometTekkenrevolutionlogo_26010_nphd.jpg

Publisher/Developer: BANDAI NAMCO GAMES

Released on: PS3

Tekken Revolution is a fun fighting game. It's free-to-play and all, but it's that game that you can play in short bursts, and the character leveling isn't actually cheap. What is cheap are the Special Arts attacks, which you'll probably see a lot of players spamming. Otherwise, it's alright, and worth a free download! (Also trophies)

-Got rekted, a lot

-100%ed with all trophies.

-Mainly played with Law

Bleh, I've caught the mmo bug again. I did manage to finish one game today that was put on the backburner!

You too huh

cjbo9PW.jpg

Beat Shovel Knight yesterday evening. Brilliant game, loved every minute of it (despite some frustrating shit in later levels, argh!).

Btw, can someone remind me what the various awards are?

Nothing, from what I know.

Spoke to Chris about it on the 31st. Badges are coming.

• Thumbs Up 3

Finished Sonic the Fighters (100%)! Man that was easy.

Stf_title.png

Developed by SEGA AM2, Published by SEGA

Released on Arcade, GCN, PS3, XBOX 360

-Played on Xbox 360

-Finished the game with all achievements in only 15 minutes....holy crap!

-Played with Sonic

Sonic the Fighters is..... well Sonic the Fighters. I'm just gonna say that Sonic the Fighters in terms of a fighting game is the most laughable crap I've ever seen, but I can consider this game a guilty pleasure of mine. It's got the rings, it's got the quirks, and it's fun for a brief multiplayer party. It's cool that they included Eggman, Honey the Cat and Metal Sonic as playable characters, and the online multiplayer is a neat touch. I'll probably play online later.

Proof for completed arcade run:

KeXdZFD.jpg

Had to use imgur, postimage failed on me

• Thumbs Up 2

Finished 404 Sight!

404Sight.png

Developed/Published by Retro Yeti Games

Released on: PC

Made in support of Net Neutrality, 404Sight is a great title that has unique mechanics and a lot of incentive to replay for the best time. Despite the simplistic graphics, the overall look of the game is nice and has the similar color palette of Mirror's Edge. The music is enjoyable and fits the game's heavy sense of speed and parkouring. The game could be a bit more polished though, with a few bugs as well as a incredible framerate drop towards half way through the game. It's short, it's brief, and that's alright, because even though it only took me the length of a Battlefield match (30 min), it was a very enjoyable experience. This was made by a group of college students, and it's quite impressive what they've pulled off. Best part? It's free.

There's no excuse why you shouldn't check this game out, it's free, it's brief, and it's an enjoyable parkour game that succeed in it's goal of supporting Net Neutrality.

-No 100%, may go back later

-Finished in roughly 36 minutes

-The achievement for finishing the game has been known to not drop upon game completion, so here's a screenshot of the ending:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=427964604

Managed to beat this in one night, of course taking all the shortcuts and stuff but i ts still completing it. I'll eventually 100% it though. Whenever that will be.

8Gsghy.jpg

iKtAPw.jpg

And when I finished it.

Its still a good game, the controls still feel good and I was surprised to get through some levels quick especially the ones with the secret exit.

If you never played this one. Pick it up. Its a decent 2D platformer.

Here's a game I.am starting to play. Well I played some of it before and I kinda wanna start over. Plus I started it in 2014 so I couldn't just continue from that file.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjskWrbjA

This one may take awhile since I don't play it a lot and its flipping hard! But I do wanna finish it though.

Thought it would take awhile but I ended up beating super metroid today!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjtwD6GOg

The game was pretty fun, it was really difficult to keep track of where I'm going and keeping track of many important rooms that I had to remember because you'd probably be lost many times if you forget where to go.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjtwHUO0w

Got 2 more games finished.

New super Luigi U

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjt1R9RKAthe intro cutscene when bower is about to take over the castle and send Luigi and the two toads far away from the castle. Mario seems to be at somewhere else since his hat is on the table . bathroom break maybe? Lol. Either way its pretty much the same its just shorter and harder levels that's all.

Me getting the notification of completing the game.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjt7uqZLQ

And then I completed Sonic lost world

I still like the game. It has a good amount of fun levels and excellent music. Gameplay is still weird at times but its manageable except the ice physics. That is not fun. Lol

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjt8vdsnQ. The nice CGI intro cutscene. Still a joy to watch.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjuGn4gHQ

Ending!

Obviously they could of done better but oh well this is what we got so sadly we will have to deal with it.

Edit: I'll probably have to edit this post to avoid posting many times in a row. At this rate I'll probably have the whole page to myself lol.

Finally finished NFS Most Wanted 2012 for the PC.

post-1197-0-95953300-1429734077_thumb.pn

Boy did I have some bones to pick about this game while playing.  First off you have your forced tutorials that explain how the game works which in theory should get everyone up to speed but all it ends up doing is putting off the player.  Next you have your HUD that can't be customized to remove elements such as the Mini-map, speedometer, Easy-drive menu, ticker.  Finally you have the controls which are not quite tight enough for racing around an urban area such as Fairhaven City which results more often then not car meeting another traffic car, armco, building, or off a cliff.  These are just a few of the issues that crop up within the first hour of gameplay which really does not bode well for first time players or veterans of the series.

There are some good elements inside the game if you manage to get past the first hour of tedium.  First off you don't have to grind to unlock any of the cars outside the "Most Wanted" opponents which makes for a nice change of pace though you do have to search for the cars. Another thing is that there are challenges that can be done while racing or outside of racing such as the amount of airtime and distance off of a jump to fastest speed camera triggered. Finally the game has nicely done engine notes for the cars even if some are reused from other cars. 

Would I reccomend this game for full price?  Not really as there are some issues that crop up from time to time such as the game not recognizing my DLC purchases.  Would I play this game again?  Not really as I have had far too many issues trying to get this game to co-operate outside of the controls and save-file corruption.

Updated!

Now for some entries of my own;

11024695_970780846273441_776129496817040

Street of Rage II (or more specifically, Bare Knuckle II!) (Mega Drive)

My favourite beat-em up of all time, and my favourite non-Sonic Mega Drive game. I'm so excited that this is coming to 3DS! It's a damn good time that I recommend to anyone with a good taste in gaming. I'll probably do another run through of this actually, for myself; after this run I realised I'd accidentally switched to Easy whilst in the options menu, and that's no gooooood.

1509102_974562672561925_8569723986695758

SEGASonic Arcade! (Arcade) - 100% (Good Ending)

A quirky, and fun little game that's an interesting look into Sonic's past. My full review is here.

11064680_974613535890172_921271378114162

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II! (Steam)

Errrrgh... it was alright. Nothing amazingly good, but not the worst. On the infamous topic of physics though, I actually found Sonic's physics in this game to be better than Generations in places... go figure. Overall, it's an alright time, but still not a worthy successor to Sonic 3 in any way, shape or form. 

11053137_974899849194874_469867968113041

Gale Racer! (SEGA Saturn)

I got the good ending, but I'm gonna count 100% as when/if I get the final keyring in the game, which is our dear friend Super Sonic. Overall a seriously underrated JP exclusive for the Saturn with some hilarious Sonic cameos thrown in. Again, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKQ8Rel605M.

10339682_977093592308833_849559764529181

Grand Theft Auto V (PC) 

So good. So good. Seriously one of the best games of the last decade, and I fully recommend it now it's out on almost every big gaming platform, including of course, PC. Online's very hit and miss, but alas the single player campaign is glorious and thrilling to playthrough.

11149400_978118738872985_357544332797945

Fantasy Zone II W: The Tears of Opa Opa! (3DS) - 100%

Probably one of the best games on 3DS, and my personal favourite of the 3D Classics series. It's fun, fast-paced, challenging as hell, and packed with content. The score attack's also fun incarnate. The game has three endings, but since only the good and bad endings unlock anything, I left out the normal one (though I did attain it for the hell of it). As such, it's 100%ed.

That's all for now folks!

• Thumbs Up 2