Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

See that one issue. I know you guys have no control over it so trust me when I say I dont blame you guys but the only system I have that I can play online games is my 3ds. And even if I wanted to participate I cant since the 3DS version of Smash has been excluded from the tournament.

Like I said it's something that can't be controlled. But I wish you guys the best and an amazing turnout

See that one issue. I know you guys have no control over it so trust me when I say I dont blame you guys but the only system I have that I can play online games is my 3ds. And even if I wanted to participate I cant since the 3DS version of Smash has been excluded from the tournament.

Like I said it's something that can't be controlled. But I wish you guys the best and an amazing turnout

We would have liked to hold a 3DS tourney but with 4 separate tourneys planned already, along with the majority of Smash 3DS players having already moved to Wii U, we thought it'd be best to keep it Wii U exclusive. We'll try get something 3DS related going sometime once we've got Game Night sorted out a bit.

anddd voting is closed!

Mario Kart 8 and TF2 tied for 2 votes each, while Smash Bros got 3 votes, meaning......

Super Smash Bros for Wii U (And 3DS) is the winner of the Game Night! Join us at 7:30 PM EST (Roughly after the Movie Night) to join us for some Smash fun! We'll provide more details on our Smash tournament later. 

Wait tomorrow isn't the tourney right?

The tournament is next week actually. It's on the 27th.

After Saturday, we will be giving you all the full details on the Smash tourney. We're still currently finalising details for the other three tourneys at current. But on Saturday, we'll have a full set of rules, times and everything set out. If you can't wait until Saturday, feel free to post here with your question and me, Klonoa, Stricker, or Felix will try answer.

Game Night is in 30 minutes! Again, please tell us if you are coming or not. PM us, send us a status update, whatever. If you are coming please let it be known so its' much easier to organize.

Smash has begun!.We're currently playing Smash U but if there's enough demand, we'll try get a 3DS lobby set up. Come join us for Smash fun!

Attention Tournamentees! The Smash Bros Tournament is beginning on the 27th, starting at 7:30 PM EST! I'm gonna provide the full rules and etc. on this thing.

Rules for the Smash Tournament:

We're going for a simple, 1v1 match style. No items (With the exception of a Smash Ball, because yes), Stocked 3 lives with five minutes.

We have a list of generally accepted stages that are all allowed to be played at the tournament:

• Battlefield
  • Big Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Luigi Mansion
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Halberd
  • Castle Siege
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • Duck Hunt
  • Wuhu Island
  • Dream Land 64
  • Suzaku Castle
  • Any stage in omega form

The matches are Best 2 out of 3. 

SSMB Game Night Tourney Live

To prove your victory in the match, you need to send us the replays. We will be evaluating on if you played fair (As there are situations regarding spamming) as well as uploading the footage online. Your matches will be uploaded to a special youtube channel and will be archived.

While most matches won't be livestreamed, Rucdose may possibly stream his matches with Felix and a few others. In addition, in the other tournaments such as TF2 and Halo, I will be able to stream it myself via Twitch.

Prizes

Yes, I might offer rewards for winning the event, as well as giveaways. I have no further details on this atm, but these prizes are in fact Steam games, so a Steam account is required.

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes may be too short for 3 stocks. Depending on some characters, like duck hunt or villager, their matches can last quite more than that. But if that's how you want it than thats OK with me.

I play sonic so I don't need much time :P

Reminder: The tourney starts tomorrow at 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT. You will have 24 hours to get your match set up and going and it's your responsibility to organize your match with your partner. You must send either me, Klonoa, Felix, Stricker, or Rucdose the replay of your matches so we can review and ensure that no spamming or such has been going on in the match. After that, we will report the score in and update the bracket.

I'd also like to remind you of the rules Klonoa posted:

Attention Tournamentees! The Smash Bros Tournament is beginning on the 27th, starting at 7:30 PM EST! I'm gonna provide the full rules and etc. on this thing.

Rules for the Smash Tournament:
We're going for a simple, 1v1 match style. No items (With the exception of a Smash Ball, because yes), Stocked 3 lives with five minutes.

We have a list of generally accepted stages that are all allowed to be played at the tournament:

Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Luigi Mansion
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Town & City
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island
Dream Land 64
Suzaku Castle
Any stage in omega form
The matches are Best 2 out of 3. 

SSMB Game Night Tourney Live
To prove your victory in the match, you need to send us the replays. We will be evaluating on if you played fair (As there are situations regarding spamming) as well as uploading the footage online. Your matches will be uploaded to a special youtube channel and will be archived.

While most matches won't be livestreamed, Rucdose may possibly stream his matches with Felix and a few others. In addition, in the other tournaments such as TF2 and Halo, I will be able to stream it myself via Twitch.

Prizes
Yes, I might offer rewards for winning the event, as well as giveaways. I have no further details on this atm, but these prizes are in fact Steam games, so a Steam account is required.

• Thumbs Up 1

I work from 1 to 7 PM CST so I'll be unavailable for the first half hour it seems. Sorry, it was too late to ask off :(

Maybe I'll get off early or something. Here's hoping

I work from 1 to 7 PM CST so I'll be unavailable for the first half hour it seems. Sorry, it was too late to ask off :(

Maybe I'll get off early or something. Here's hoping

Oh okay. That makes me feel much better XD

Happy it gives you joy :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we also need to clear up how we'll organize the thing. The situation here is that the tournament could last days of people trying to coordinate each other. It sounds something difficult to manage since we've never done it before but we want you guys to all stay in touch regarding it. We'll announce the matches that are to be played and let all contestants know the result of a match and who's moving up.

If you can't make it around the time the tournament activates, we will hold your place. For say, a entire bracket has advanced and somebody is missing. Be patient, this tournament can last as long as it needs to and we'll be actively coordinating with everyone to make sure that battles will actively happen.

I'm contradicting what Ryan said about the 24 hour rule because while we really want that to be the case I have a large feeling that we won't get through all of this in a single night. We are hoping that within this 24 hour period we can at least get the brackets moving and have a full tournament up and running.

See you guys tomorrow, it's gonna be a hell of a night.

SSMB's Community Game Night now has A OFFICIAL YT CHANNEL (run by yours truly~~)!

You can find it there in the link or here. Guess you guys in the Smash Tourney know why we wanted your replays for! I'm currently in the process of recording/uploading them, so it would be nice if you could subscribe for future uploads.

Started off the channel with 6 Smash Replays which you can find on there with another 6 coming tomorrow! It's been a pleasure talking with Klonoa and Ryan to get this started up and I can't wait to add new content to it in the future!

• Thumbs Up 2

And that's a wrap folks! I'm proud to crown Jords as the winner of SSMB Game Night's first tournament! Stick around, our next events are additional tournaments for other games! The World Championships are far from over.

http://challonge.com/SSMBWorldChampionshipsSmash

I will reveal the prize he'll get (Which is a Wii U game) later if I can verify that the code for it will work in the country he lives in. If not, we'll try to provide something else. Thank you for playing, and hope you'll stick around for our next tournament for Mario Kart 8! We'll let you know about it in a few days time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cool. I do wanna get in footage of our L4D versus but I don't have any recording equipment or software for it. And I'd like to make it a montage of best moments since the game can go on for a while and I don't have any video editing software.

I'll keep it in mind though.

And lol I got ninja'd by Klonoa. I was refering to Rucdose's post.

Jords has been sent the game code! He does not know what the game is and won't find out til he places in the code!

Enjoy your prize! We'll have more information on our next Mario Kart 8 Tournament in the coming weeks. We hope you guys have a Summer of fun tournaments!

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I sent you my tourney replays right?

Also the prize I got was bit trip runner 2. I heard good things from this game so I should enjoy it. And Charles martinet (did I spell it right? Lol) being the narrator already makes me like it lol.

Yup! So far, I've received pretty much every replay. I'm uploading a new batch of footage to Game Night's channel now with the last lot coming tomorrow.