Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

As a quick notice, Game Night's hiatus will be ending this week, and I'll be announcing the games very soon.

• Thumbs Up 3

All right! Time for this week's games!

GAME NIGHT'S MAIN EVENT AT 5:00PM EST/10:00PM EST IS...

Super_Smash_Bros_for_Wii_U_Box_Art.png

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U

AND FOR GAME NIGHT ENCORE AT 7:30PM EST/12:30am GMT, it's...

250px-Box_NA_-_Mario_Kart_8.jpg

MARIO KART 8

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, TCB said:

Simplistic return to form I see, nice nice.

For right now, yes. However, we're bringing back some older games, and going to be trying a little bit of experimentation as well after next week.

Aside from the connections issues messing up some of our games, I still had a lot of fun at Game Night! It's not every day where I can play two games in one event, and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for playing with me, @Ryannumber1gamer, @Destructo Bunny, @Spinny and @IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon!

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

So, as a quick notice, despite everyone likely guessing. Game Night's on an indefinite hiatus. Is it cancelled? Nope. Why? Well, in general, I've just been very busy, as have other hosts, which means it's harder than ever to try get something set up. Generally, the only reason XStream is still going while this is on hiatus is it allows for multi-tasking, and is much more easier to host. Rest assured. It will be back, it's just gonna take a bit until we can get things back to normal with Game Night.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Alright, time for a bit of an important notice.

Game Night will be back sometime during the Summer, when myself, and the hosts have more time.

However, with that said we want your help right now. We want feedback and suggestions so if any retooling for Game Night needs to be done, we can have it done and ready for when it comes back out of hiatus. Please do not be silent on the matter either. Even if you like Game Night as it is right now, telling us that it's good can still be a great help as it helps us indicate if there is any serious issues or not. So please, give us your feedback.

Also, game suggestions are welcome.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you guys are interested, I can see about setting up Overwatch for a future Game Night. Would like to know who has it tho before Im doing it.

• 3 weeks later...

r-rebooting.....

reboot....complete....

SSMB GAME NIGHT IS ACTIVE

THAT'S RIGHT EVERYONE, GAME NIGHT IS BACK, AND WE'RE COMING BACK WITH A BANG. SUMMER IS HERE, AND IT'S HIGH TIME FOR OUR GAMING ANTICS TO RETURN. BUT HOW TO WE MAKE THIS COMEBACK STICK OUT?

overwatch-heroes-background-blizzard-108

THAT'S RIGHT EVERYONE! BLIZZARD'S BRAND NEW FPS IS JOINING THE GAME NIGHT, AND IT'S GONNA BE MULTIPLATFORM! PC AND PS4 PLAYERS WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY (XBOX ONE HOST IS NEEDED). I'LL BE HANDLING THE PS4 SIDE WHILE KLONOA HANDLES THE PC SIDE, BUT WE KNOW A LOT OF YOU GOT ACCESS TO THE GAME, AND WE WANT TO BRING THAT INTO GAME NIGHT!

AND FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE OVERWATCH?

WELL, WE HAVE THE ALWAYS CLASSIC MARIO KART 8 AS OUR ENCORE GAME!

fbook.jpg

SO WHEN IS GAME NIGHT MAKING IT'S OFFICIAL RETURN? SATURDAY 25TH JUNE 2016! 

Overwatch: 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST

Mario Kart 8: 12:00am GMT/7:00pm EST

GET YOUR KARTS READY, GET YOUR HEROES SELECTED, AND GET READY FOR THE GAME NIGHT REVIVAL!

• Thumbs Up 4

• The topic was unpinned

Need to remind myself to rejoin the Discord server sometime before the 25th. I think I should be around and available for both games (PC version for Overwatch).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly, i cannot join since i dont have either games, but i  will be waiting for the next edition.

40 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Sadly, i cannot join since i dont have either games, but i  will be waiting for the next edition.

same here though i'll likely get overwatch in the future

Alright, Game Night is in two days. Please let us know ASAP if you are playing!

I'll be around most likely! Just need Discord server info again (via PM as well).

I might be able to make it in for some Mario Kart 8 action tonight! 

So Game Night! Here's yer ol' Recap Post!

Overwatch's premiere had a full 4 player-team on the PC side! Unfortunately, only 1 person arrived to Overwatch on PS4 right when it was about to close up. I'm not blaming anyone on this ordeal but given how much interest we've got throughout the week for the PS4 version, it's quite confusing how it ended up turning out :/. Otherwise GGs!

I'd also like to thank @Mark Hoppus for helping me with setting up the game, as I was afraid I might have to leave mid-match. That didn't happen, though, but I appreciated that your willing to help support and host the match in the event I had to head out. ;)

I'm still in the talks about Ryan about the future of Overwatch on Game Night, because while it was great fun, it definitely ended up being a disorganized and problematic mess on the PS4 side. We're still having issues trying to organize and set up things because we're generally not told in advance by others on if they were interested on playing at the event despite us urging it constantly. We'll see how we can remedy or change this in the future.

Mario Kart 8 had over 10 people participating! I didn't get to participate, but I'm glad all of you guys had quite the blast with it (as usual)!

Our next two games for the following Saturday is Cards Against Humanity Online (Free-to-Play and ON BROWSER), and Left 4 Dead 2 (For PC) as an Encore Event! Stay tuned for that, and please let us know in advance if you want to participate!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, im 50% sure ill come to Card Against Humanity, but i dont know  how the game works.

• The topic was pinned

Got so carried away with finishing Fire Emblem Fates that only yesterday managed to edit the recording of previous week's Game Night encore, haha. Here you go:

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so things have been too quiet in here, so I might as well say what everyone's likely wondering.

As of now, Game Night 1.0 is closed.

When we brought Game Night back, we've run into a ton of issues and troubles, and it dawned on us that despite the break, we haven't actually looked at the underlining issues Game Night really does have. Things have become rather disorganized, and has a massive set of issues in terms of hosts and more. Game Night is not dead, but it's currently undergoing major restructure, reconstruction, and more. To the point where at least 80% of Game Night's assets has been totally thrown out in order to replace them with updated and better versions. 

Right now, all I can ask is all of you be patient while we are busy working on Game Night 2.0. There will be a whole ton of new features that we're excited to show you all in due time. 

• Thumbs Up 7

• The topic was locked