Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Hey, a reminder that the voting ends tomorrow! Decide what game we'll rematch in this week!

http://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/user/6577-kaze-no-klonoa/?status_id=677761

To place a vote in the status update, put the name of the game you want to play in your comment. This new system (Similar to how Felix is handling the Movie Night) is in place to prevent spamvoting and anybody that isn't a member of the SSMB from being able to cast a vote.

Either me or Klonoa. Then we'll discuss the ideas. Although, I think I'm usually online more often during the day than Klonoa so I might reply faster.

Voting ends tonight folks! Get your votes in!

The voting has been decided. And the winner is once again...

MARIO KART 8!

Platform: Wii U

Published/Developed by Nintendo

MarioKart8Boxart.jpg

"Screw you Mount Wario" -Probably Felix

JOIN US ON SATURDAY, 5/22/15, for SSMB's First-ever Rematch Extravaganza!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GUwb0CNlfEwWXoFn8Ujx_GAT3-M5oxZvOS0bljS92Og/view

Mario Kart 8 won by a landslide with 6 votes, with Left 4 Dead 2 at 3 votes, and Smash U/TF2 at 0 votes.

Heads up, we're playing Mario Kart 8 Today! This time, Ryan will be the host again, so make sure to add his nintendo id (Ryannumber1gamer) in order to join! We'll sort this out if there are more players.

Anyway, I should note that the event will be starting one hour earlier to prevent any conflict with the Splatoon Testfire. So, in EST, the event will start 4 PM EST and will end around 6 PM EST, the time the Testfire starts.

Alright I think I'll join in with you guys. I'll be adding both klonoa and ryan. On wiiu so look out for my request. If you would rather just add me, my id is jordine

Edit: That moment when your friend list is full :X lol

Yes! I'm able to join game night today! And since I just purchased the MK8 DLC yesterday I'm all prepped for multiplayer mayhem! I'm gonna be adding Ryan and whoever else is joining if that's ok. I haven't played MK8 online in a while so this should be really fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Reminder that I will be hosting tonight's event! Add me and join us for some Luigi Car...

Or I guess Mario Kart 8 works as well,

Can't wait to race Jords and ElectricAngel!

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I should be available for this. Though I don't have any of the DLC purchased, I hope that isn't too much of a problem. :(

I think I should be available for this. Though I don't have any of the DLC purchased, I hope that isn't too much of a problem. :(

No DLC is required! Everyone's welcome!

The chat PM has been set up. Let me know if you're playing so I can add you to the chat!

Alright, Game Night is over and it was a great deal of fun. In total, we had a total of 11 SSMBers who speeded out onto the tracks against each other and popped balloons over Battle Mode. 

SSMB Game Night Encore will also be taking place in an hour and a half, at 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT, so if you missed out on tonight or just want some more action, join us for it! 

We'll also be announcing next week's games in a little while so stay tuned. If you liked Mario Kart 8, I'm sure you'll like next week's choices. After all...

(There's a hint in there somewhere about one of next week's games)

Well, this was a load of fun! After outgrowing the hard CPUs in Mario Kart 8, it's refreshing to have some killer competition! Sorry I kept signing in and out, but I just can't commit myself to one character/vehicle for so long!

200cc is way 3fast5me, so I wasn't going to win those races easily. But what surprised me the most was Battle Mode. This was the first time I actually had fun with 8's Balloon Battle, thanks entirely to you guys putting up a great fight! (This ain't over, Gabe. Larry Koopa WILL have his vengeance! >:V) 

This is why I love the SSMB community so much: Not only do I now have company that shares my best interests and allows users to show off their creative sides, but now I actually get to enjoy multiplayer in my favorite games!

• Thumbs Up 1

It was pretty fun playing with you guys and actually being a part of this game night event. I will try to join for smash bros whenever you guys play that.

Although I have some suggestions to make communication to each a bit easier.

You guys probably should be using Skype or some chats from websites so everyone can quickly post without refreshing the page a bunch of times (that's what I at least gotta do)

Having the chats will be easier to make decision on what should the settings should be and have members vote on it so everyone has at least a say to pick what they wanna do in a certain mode. But you did good switching up modes and stuff so not really a problem there.

Everything else was good though I had fun.

Also battle mode with teams with mushrooms only doesn't mix up too well, catching people with mushrooms is a bit of a pain since the lag makes you miss even though it shows on your screen that you actually hit the player. But if others enjoy then that's good!

But if using the PM is what you guys prefer then thats Ok.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was pretty fun playing with you guys and actually being a part of this game night event. I will try to join for smash bros whenever you guys play that.

Although I have some suggestions to make communication to each a bit easier.

You guys probably should be using Skype or some chats from websites so everyone can quickly post without refreshing the page a bunch of times (that's what I at least gotta do)

Having the chats will be easier to make decision on what should the settings should be and have members vote on it so everyone has at least a say to pick what they wanna do in a certain mode. But you did good switching up modes and stuff so not really a problem there.

Everything else was good though I had fun.

Also battle mode with teams with mushrooms only doesn't mix up too well, catching people with mushrooms is a bit of a pain since the lag makes you miss even though it shows on your screen that you actually hit the player. But if others enjoy then that's good!

But if using the PM is what you guys prefer then thats Ok.

I actually meant to put it to all items but kept it at only mushrooms by mistake  :P

We're also planning to move out chat over to Skype starting from next week onwards, because of the board's lag issues now causing PM's to be sent twice and the like as you guys saw earlier today

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright, now that the Splatoon Test Fire has ended, Game Night Encore will be starting in 20 minutes. Join for some Smash and Mario Kart! Let me know if you want to play so I can add you to the chat.

The encore has begun! We're currently playing Mario Kart 8 and we're going to be playing Smash later. Add me to play! (NNID: Ryannumber1gamer)

Alright. Encore is over and in total, we had 15 SSMBers who raced on the race track and fought each other in Smash!

GAME ON! This week's new Game Night event is going to be Playstation VS Nintendo! I think.

The CONSOLE WARS

“Come on in,” said Wii U. Playstation 3 walked in to see PC and PS4 smashing each other in “Super Ultra Boardwalk Fighter 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + Alpha”. It looks like Xbox One passed out in the middle of the party. “Hey, it’s the life of the party.” said 3DS as he walked towards PS3 with open arms.

"Welcome to the Game Night."

You've got til Thursday to vote for the following: Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Left 4 Dead 2 VS, and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed! They are all on separate consoles, so pick your system!

VOTE IN THE STATUS UPDATE HERE!

OP has been updated with the new Game Night details. We've also got a surprise coming in a few weeks......

#foreshadowing

You guys have been asking for feedback but I can honestly say I don't have any to give that hasn't been said already. You guys run these nights extremely well. The only thing I would change is the way we communicate during it (like Jords said, skype would be optimal), especially with the current lag the forum has. And you guys already seem to be doing that! Beyond this, I honestly have nothing else to add. Been enjoying myself immensely with these XD. I just wish there were more games that most of us have that we could play together.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATE: I can't host All-Stars at the moment guys, I'm really sorry. A friend just invited me to his house for a birthday party on Saturday.

NOTICE: GAME NIGHT HAS BEEN MOVED BACK TO FRIDAY NIGHTS WITH FELIX'S ANNOUNCEMENT THAT MOVIE NIGHT IS RETURNING THIS WEEK.

I always work on Saturdays and get home around 6:30 PM EST, so the day is always a bad time for me.