Awoo.

DC on TV: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Jack / Joker

That "girl vs woman" scene was really, really weird--like, what the hell was that even about? I really hope it isn't in the actual premiere when it airs.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Supergirl. It looks like fun which is a breath of fresh air compared to the current run of Supergirl in the comics. New52 Supergirl isn't bad and there's been some pretty good arcs, but all the angst got really tiring. So yeah, super happy Kara is nice to see for once.

Edited by Celestia

Idk I haven't seen Arrow but I think using arrows in general in today's world in a bustling metropolis is kind of a dumb idea to begin with tbh. Why not just use a silenced gun. I don't get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Idk I haven't seen Arrow but I think using arrows in general in today's world in a bustling metropolis is kind of a dumb idea to begin with tbh. Why not just use a silenced gun. I don't get it.

Just watch it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, Sami? Using a bow and arrow is dumb to you, but a blind guy fighting crime isn't?

• Thumbs Up 9

That's because he literally spent five years in a hellish island where he had to survive with only a bow and arrows, making his skills with those so good that using an actual gun would be a downgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like the whole "why not use a silent gun" thing can apply to pretty much every street level hero. "Why use spider webs? Why use fighting sticks? Why use your fists?"

• Thumbs Up 1

IIRC this was actually mentioned in one episode, where a character mentions why all the main heroes have a gimmicky weapon, instead of just using guns like the criminals, the answer was that it's because they're NOT criminals, they're better than that.

Also if it makes you feel any better, Oliver himself doesn't use guns, but some of his allies do :U

Seriously, Sami? Using a bow and arrow is dumb to you, but a blind guy fighting crime isn't?

Well the skill set doesn't really transfer over. Like if you're extremely gifted in hand to hand combat and trained to do that then yeah there's no need for a gun. Martial arts are still useful in real life situations. Arrows kind of aren't.

Well the skill set doesn't really transfer over. Like if you're extremely gifted in hand to hand combat and trained to do that then yeah there's no need for a gun. Martial arts are still useful in real life situations. Arrows kind of aren't.

That's the thing tho', you can't use Martial arts if you have no skill with it, which is why Daredevil doesn't need a gun, he's skillful enough with his melee combat. Same with Oliver, he's got enough skill in combat plus archery that he has no need of guns.

That's the thing tho', you can't use Martial arts if you have no skill with it, which is why Daredevil doesn't need a gun, he's skillful enough with his melee combat. Same with Oliver, he's got enough skill in combat plus archery that he has no need of guns.

I mean yeah that's the idea but he could kind of accomplish more with one.

I just think the concept is stupid. I know they justify it or whatever in the show and that's fine but even in the comics or watching the Avengers I always thought "uuhh I'm really good with arrows" was a super lame "power". Arrow Man's scenes in Avengers were yawn, especially compared to the heroes that actually mattered.

Hm, no thoughts on the Legends of tomorrow trailer?(Also I don't want to hear complaints about CGI, since they are 8 months out and there is no pilot with this being a quickly put together promo)

Also, we got a picture from the filming of a scene from the Flash finale, of something that shows up from a different angle just barely in the LOT trailer, that could implicate something awesome

hn5FNzx.jpg Jay Garrick's hat!!!! Which means the original Flash may exist after all in the Flarrow verse!

I mean yeah that's the idea but he could kind of accomplish more with one.

I just think the concept is stupid. I know they justify it or whatever in the show and that's fine but even in the comics or watching the Avengers I always thought "uuhh I'm really good with arrows" was a super lame "power". Arrow Man's scenes in Avengers were yawn, especially compared to the heroes that actually mattered.

You seriously tryin my patience bruh >:V

What is seriously wrong with arrows in this context? 

• Thumbs Up 1

You seriously tryin my patience bruh >:V

What is seriously wrong with arrows in this context? 

I dunno I just don't see the point man. Like, "I'M LIKE SERIOUSLY SUPER GOOD WITH ARROWS" doesn't even seem like a real power and unlike martial arts it isn't really cool either. Hand to hand combat is SUPER cool. Swords are pretty cool too. Arrows? Eeehhhh. Not that cool. Or useful really.

I dunno I just don't see the point man. Like, "I'M LIKE SERIOUSLY SUPER GOOD WITH ARROWS" doesn't even seem like a real power and unlike martial arts it isn't really cool either. Hand to hand combat is SUPER cool. Swords are pretty cool too. Arrows? Eeehhhh. Not that cool. Or useful really.

That's because its not a Super power :V

Its just having really sharp eyesight and sharp shooting skills; yea guns do virtually the same thing, but you can't customize bullets like you can arrowheads. Plus ya know, I don't see how arrows really aren't that useful...or at least any less so than you mentioned.

That's because its not a Super power :V

Its just having really sharp eyesight and sharp shooting skills; yea guns do virtually the same thing, but you can't customize bullets like you can arrowheads. Plus ya know, I don't see how arrows really aren't that useful...or at least any less so than you mentioned.

I dunno, the first image that comes to mind that makes me go "NO" is like

what if Solid Snake had a bow

why would he do that

no

that's dumb and lame why would he do that a silenced pistol + sniper combo does literally everything it can do but better

why would he do that

no

that's dumb and lame why would he do that a silenced pistol + sniper combo does literally everything it can do but better

But is it as cool?

Bow and arrow is way cooler than martial arts (or a gun).

fight me

But is it as cool?

Mgs2-solid-snake-bw.jpg

yes

It's not a super power

It's an aquired skill and overall prefrence

Like a gun, except not as bland

I thought you liked it when shows were grounded and stuff with their logic

what sami thinks of when you say "my power is arrows"

cupid-4.gif

what sami thinks of when martial artist 

tumblr_mklqxpbEwT1r49r0wo1_400.gif

why would he do that

no

Yeah but the point is that any idiot can use a gun, it takes a good amount of skill to actually learn and use a bow and arrow, which would bring a lot more advantages than a gun.

For example, you need to explode a wall? You can't shoot bullets at it, you can try hitting it with your gun at best after wasting all your ammo into trying to shoot a fucking wall down. That's because you'd need a different kind of weapon for that, guns aren't universal. A bow and arrow is, you can have a shitload of different kinds of arrows, unlike guns, where unless you can carry at least 20 different kinds of guns, which is reallistically impossible, you are limited to the gun you're currently using.

fight me

Mgs2-solid-snake-bw.jpg

yes

Green_Arrow_%28Modern_Version%29.jpg

For what it's worth Green Arrow also gets into hand to hand combat and has used guns.

• Thumbs Up 2