Awoo.

DC on TV: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Jack / Joker

well Eobard never said those events that were changed or stopped WILL happen, events of equal or worse magnitude will replace those events however. And again, the changes are not immediate. So we could see a new reverse flash, or we could end up getting a new foe even worse than Eobard.

Also Killer Frost I'm highly sure is a alternate timeline version of Caitlyn in the show. She's way to happy and nice in the current timeline to turn evil.

Lol, well I mean, if DC is really gonna make the multiverse a big thing for season 2, it kinda makes sense.

alternate evil Caitlyn sounds badass.

My point was that any change to the past (Eobard's past) is that despite any changes to the past, the present will still find some way to make those things happen, even in different ways. So by giving Eddie the information of the future, which directly affected his decision to kill himself to erase Eobard but if what we're told in Ep 15 and 16, the universe should still figure out someway to either make Eobard still exist (as I said, by having him born into a different family) or having a new person who gets turned into the reverse Flash who is also from the future. 

Also there's meant to be a rumor that Killer Frost will be debuting in Season 2

I'm aware that Killer Frost was shown, I said that with that in mind. DC has already stated that the multiverse will be a large part of season 2, and the future Barry saw could very well be from a alternate reality, or the Caitlin seen came from a different universe. Idk, just seems like that could easily happen as well since these shows don't follow the comics to a tee. Plus I mean if we get things like Earth one and Earth two, its not like we couldn't have the best of both worlds(no pun intended.) we could totally have Ronnie die in one of them resulting in the creation of Killer Frost, while we still have good Caitlin in the other. Same deal with Cisco, though I think it'd be a clever twist to have him get his power in the alternate reality to the one Killer Frost is made in.

Multiverse has so much potential, I just really wanna see it used. Would love to see the return of some of the villains or characters that had originally gotten killed so far, or alternate versions of other characters that interact with their counterparts.

About the whole ''why would Wells tell Thawne that they're related'', you're forgetting that it's Wells, he's a psychopath, never, not in a single moment, he'd think Eddie would sacrifice his own life to stop him, because it makes no sense for him.

Now does this eliminate Eobard completely, or just the Eobard that exists in this timeline? It seems to follow Back to the future rules. Cisco seems convinced they are living in a alternate reality due to the alterations to the past, which means there may be another reality where all those years aren't altered.

Also just a question, going by the way everyone in the show treats it, was the time before Barry's moms death basically the ground zero neutral reality?(the natural flow of time I guess)

Also Eddie apparently wasn't supposed to get iris, but is an anomaly and in this universe got her love despite Iris in Eobards reality still being married to Barry. So it's possible he still exists in a split reality where Eddie is still alive. I mean again, if this is a altered reality co-existing with the non altered one, Eddie likely isn't dead in that one, and therefore Eobard still lives in some way. Whether that means anything for the timeline that we're currently focusing on is unclear, though once again, time travels a slut.

I'm not watching the finale till later today(have it recorded at my grandparents' house), but I spoiled myself a little, so regarding a certian helmet

We are SOOOOO Getting Jay Garrick next season. Also, even though he's not the most powerful, an extremely skilled and experienced speedster working with a younger more powerful inexperienced speedster is a major threat

Also I hope they figure out a way to make it so John Wesley Shipp plays him(Barry's Dad) he would be perfect)

I'm aware that Killer Frost was shown, I said that with that in mind. DC has already stated that the multiverse will be a large part of season 2, and the future Barry saw could very well be from a alternate reality, or the Caitlin seen came from a different universe. Idk, just seems like that could easily happen as well since these shows don't follow the comics to a tee. Plus I mean if we get things like Earth one and Earth two, its not like we couldn't have the best of both worlds(no pun intended.) we could totally have Ronnie die in one of them resulting in the creation of Killer Frost, while we still have good Caitlin in the other. Same deal with Cisco, though I think it'd be a clever twist to have him get his power in the alternate reality to the one Killer Frost is made in.

Multiverse has so much potential, I just really wanna see it used. Would love to see the return of some of the villains or characters that had originally gotten killed so far, or alternate versions of other characters that interact with their counterparts.

Is it possible that what was shown was an alternative reality Killer Frost? Yeah it's possible, but I don't think they are going that route. Ronnie seems not to be in Legends of Tomorrow, Jason Rusch (another half of Firestorm) is already casted and ready to go and there was a recent interview and how the writers have to live up to the expectations of having Cisco and Caitlin live up to their comic book roles. So 2+2= Killer Frost? Idk.

It would be such a shame if they keep the status quo (which breaking it a little this season was what made it fun) so I hope they don't go to the alternative universe route with her. Plus I feel like if she comes a villain it's only going to be for a while.

My biggest question for season 2 is, will Star Labs get a security system, so people can't just surprisingly walk in and finish peoples' sentences?

• Thumbs Up 2

My idea for an alternate Killer Frost would be instead of Barry getting his powers, instead, Caitlin is the one who starts to develop powers, ice powers to be more exact. Wells basically decides after this to cut his losses and rid himself of The Flash and kills Barry, and he is seen by Cisco, so he kills him as well, only for Caitlin to catch him in the act, causing her to get pissed off and go crazy, using her ice powers against Wells. After this encounter, she takes up the name Killer Frost and goes on a rampage through Central City

Is it possible that what was shown was an alternative reality Killer Frost? Yeah it's possible, but I don't think they are going that route. Ronnie seems not to be in Legends of Tomorrow, Jason Rusch (another half of Firestorm) is already casted and ready to go and there was a recent interview and how the writers have to live up to the expectations of having Cisco and Caitlin live up to their comic book roles. So 2+2= Killer Frost? Idk.

It would be such a shame if they keep the status quo (which breaking it a little this season was what made it fun) so I hope they don't go to the alternative universe route with her. Plus I feel like if she comes a villain it's only going to be for a while.

• 1 month later...

Infos from Comic Con:

Every thing is more detailed here and there's stuff on Supergirl and Gotham:

http://www.newsarama.com/25168-sdcc-2015-arrow-flash-supergirl-vixen-more-at-a-night-of-dc-entertainment-panel.html

Arrow

11692766_885384778213457_458346761323612

• As you can see above, Ollie is getting a new costume.
  • The new season is about who Oliver is going to become rather than who he was.
  • Oliver is in a "much better place" in the upcoming season premiere
  • While there will be more humor in the new season, there will still be "shooting arrows" and rain scenes.
  • Neil McDonough will play Damien Dahrk
  • Dahrk won't be the only villain to show up
  • Anarky will debut this season
  • Mister Terrific will, too.
  • Terrific will work with Felicity. He's gay.
  • Thea will continue to wear her red costume as Speedy
  • Malcolm will "don his hood" in the third episode
  • Diggle is getting a costume
  • Oliver will be sillier this season and more along the lines of his comic counterpart
  • Characters are more open with each other this season
  • This opens up connections between Laurel & Thea and Malcolm & Felicity

This is Diggle's costume:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJr03afWUAAege-.jpg

The Flash

• Jay Garrick will appear
  • He's from Earth-2
  • He will be played by Teddy Sears
  • Professor Zoom will appear
  • He's faster than both The Flash and Reverse-Flash
  • Wally West will appear
  • New Meta-Humans from Earth-2 will appear
  • Cisco will deal with the changes he's been going through since last year
  • Grod, Captain Cold and Golden Glider will all be returning
  • Panabaker is excited to "one day" play Killer Frost

Legends of Tomorrow

• The Atom "will have a desire" to lead the group
  • White Canary isn't just a visual change; The Lazarus Pit changed Sarah
  • Caity Lotz wants her to go nuts
  • Heatwave doesn't like being part of the group, but has no choice
  • Cold doesn't like being told what to do by Professor Stein and Palmer
  • The team will fight Savage in various time periods.
  • Hawkman will appear in the show.

Snippet from Vixen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6kYMEC8GKY

If there's anything I or they missed, please say.

Edited by Marcello
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sweeeetttt so Jay Garrick is the season 2 mentor like I hoped, Can't wait to see the classic costume, it's impossible to mess up and we know he has the helmet already XD. Also I believe it's been said he'll be in around episode 2 teaching Barry, though he'll likely show up episode 1

Wait a second. So Reverse Flash and Professor Zoom are going to be two different characters altogether?

Wait a second. So Reverse Flash and Professor Zoom are going to be two different characters altogether?

Best way to explain it is that Reverse Flash is a title it applies to Wells, Johnny Quick, Professor zoom, all people who are evil flash's and generally have an altered color scheme., Professor Zoom is the actual name, however there is Professor Zoom and then there is Zoom. What's interesting about season 2 is that we are getting Zoom and Jay Garrick Flash, who are both speedsters but Neither are connected to the speedforce. Jay got his via other means, so he's slower than speedforce flash's but has the same abilities and generally can't be de-powered, whereas Zoom(Hunter Zoloman generally) was an accident he is someone unconnected to the time stream, so it's not that he's fast its that he can control time itself, or at least it's effect on him... also the blue lightning is curious as the only speedster to have that was Cobalt Blue as far as I know

Hmmm, know what villain I would love to see even if it would be tricky on a tv budget? Cheetah

So we got some casting news for the Flash, Captain Cold's father is coming to town, and he has sides of iron, or rather, It's Michael Ironsides, who has voiced a lot of DC characters, including Darksied

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-captain-colds-father-cast-808828

'The Flash' Casts Michael Ironside as Captain Cold's Father (Exclusive)

He will guest star as the abusive career criminal Lewis Snart. Courtesy Warner Bros.

He will guest star as the abusive career criminal Lewis Snart.

The Snart family is getting a little bigger.

CW's The Flash has cast veteran actor Michael Ironside as Lewis Snart, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. He is the estranged, abusive father of villains Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) and Lisa Snart/Golden Glider (Peyton List).

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as Lewis is described as cold-blooded, ruthless career criminal. Recently released from prison, he returns to Central City with a plan that will endanger both of his children. In the comics, not much is known about the Snart patriarch other than the fact that he was so abusive to his son — the future Captain Cold — that the boy spent more time with his grandfather who ran an ice truck.

See more 'The Flash': Every Major DC Character on The CW Series 

Ironside will guest star in episode 203, entitled "Family of Rogues." Miller and List will also be in the episode as their villainous alter egos. 

Ironside is recognizable from numerous film credits, including Top Gun, Starship Troopers and Total Recall. He's also stepped into the comic book world before, voicing characters in animated versions of Batman,SupermanJustice LeagueWolverine

X-Men. He also played Lois Lane's father in three episodes of Smallville.

The Flash is poised to introduce a world's worth of heroes and villains in season two, which will delve into the mythos of DC Comics' Earth-Two — an alternate world featuring different characters. Miller's Captain Cold will appear in Arrow/The Flash spinoff Legends of Tomorrow, which is set to premiere early next year. At Comic-Con, the producers said the first few episodes of Arrow and The Flash this season would help put the characters from the spinoff in play to make them available for the Legends.

Ironside is repped by Abrams Artists Agency and Insight.

The Flash returns for season two Oct. 6 on the CW at 8 p.m.

I wonder will Wally West be Kid Flash or another Flash from time/an alternate timeline

Another name drop is turning into another hero coming to the Flarrow-verse in the form of Atom Smasher! *He was said to have died during the accelerator explosion*. He's a great team-up hero, and I hope they give him his outfit right away though, Firestorm really really needs his outfit still :(... I am hoping they stick with his mostly heroic side instead of his short killer vigilante period he had under the influence of Black Adam

Makes me wonder though, if they are bringing in a growing hero, does that mean they are bringing in the obvious growing villainess, Giganta, I mean we have Grodd her main associate

Well, correction we have more info, looks like He's a villain... at least at the start

EXCLUSIVE: WWE's Adam "Edge" Copeland Cast As Atom-Smasher On The Flash Season 2

atomsmasher

The upcoming, second season of The CW's The Flash will feature former WWE Superstar Adam Copeland as Atom-Smasher, ComicBook.com has learned and CW has confirmed exclusively.

He will appear in the season premiere, currently filming, and contrary to what the name might suggest, he's not on the good guys' side. Here's how The CW describes his character:

"One of the most powerful enemies we encounter this season, Atom Smasher has come to Central City to kill The Flash.  His incredible strength and ability to grow to enormous size makes him more than a match for Flash and the entire S.T.A.R. Labs team will have to come together to find a way to defeat him."

In the comics, Atom-Smasher is a hero. Al Rothstein, grandson to the villain Cyclotron, is godson to Al Pratt, the Golden Age hero known as The Atom before Ray Palmer took on the name. Prior to becoming Atom-Smasher, Rothstein operated as Nuklon.

During The Flash executive producer Geoff Johns' time on JSA, Rothstein briefly took on a vengeful and unhinged personality following the murder of his mother, eventually traveling back in time to save her. That storyline seems like it has a lot of potential given the over-arching story of The Flash last year.

At Comic-Con International: San Diego last weekend, producers said that while the particle accelerator explosion had been the main source for introducing powered characters in the show's first season that it would be Earth-2 providing many such characters this time around. It stands to reason that Rothstein's connections to Earth-2 staples the JSA and Infinity, Inc. will be explored.

That Rothstein was one of a number of DC characters named as having died during the particle accelerator explosion -- a list that also included Ronnie Raymond, who later returned as Firestorm -- also throws into question whether we might see some of those characters re-emerge as their superheroic selves soon.

The Flash returns to Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. on The CW in October.

Edited by Mando

Here's a pic of Edge suited up as Atom-Smasher that was leaked a little while before the official announcement.

qQ2oRiB.jpg

Vest looks a little bulky, but I'm digging the mask/helmet thing.

Looking forward to seeing Edge on my TV again, was always one of my favorites. Heard he's been killing it on Haven, so he should be good in this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a pic of Edge suited up as Atom-Smasher that was leaked a little while before the official announcement.

Hidden Content

Looking forward to seeing Edge on my TV again, was always one of my favorites. Heard he's been killing it on Haven, so he should be good in this.

That's actually a pretty decent update of the outfit... kinda hope he gets turned hero, and we get a more polished outfit with the traditional color scheme at least

Edit, here's a better head on view from what I assume is earlier on in the episode

IMG_0173 (2)_marked

Edited by Mando

Ok, so the Arrow producers are teasing something big, as is Amell, and he posted this pic(on Twitter or facebook I believe)

11039331_889059954512606_277488761649799

The cover on his shirt is

38059_20061108182206_large.jpg

The most obvious guess, we're getting to see the consequences of Speedy(sorry, Thea) going into the Lazarus pit. Oh and Likely a Green Lantern. But wait, there's no chance of us getting one due to the Green Lantern movie, or is there! There is one Green Lantern who is completely independent of the corps, who is now a possibility due to the Flash: The Original Earth 2 Green Lantern Allen Scott. What makes this even more likely is that this season is focusing on magic and mysticism, and you know what makes Alan Scott unique? He is magic powered, and that is the other telling hint from Amell's picture, and that's the fact he's holding a bat, you know what a bat is made of traditionally? Wood, the original Green Lantern's primary weakness. note, I've seen this pointed out elsewhere in parts, and thought I'd throw it together and add my thoughts, and personally I think it's likely, I mean who thought we were going to get the Flash, let alone Jay Garrick, or heck Ras al Ghul for that matter. A Green Lantern that is unaffected by the movies makes sense. Well, that's my thought, anyone want to discuss? admittedly the one flaw is that we've had hints pointing to the classic Hal Jordan Green Lantern in Coast City and Ferris Air, but what if that was a red herring, or if that part of the story was simply added to Alan Scotts backstory? well wait and see I guess

EDIT: And as always, the classic original Earth 2 version, not the crappy horrible New 52 version(where they killed maimed or screwed over the identity of every Earth 2 hero)

Edited by Mando

The whole Green Lantern could be worked around tho', while they can't use certain characters, I don't think they would be blocked from using or mentioning the corps, and considering there are a LOT of Green Lanterns, I doubt they can't just pick one that isn't going to be used in the movie and use him here.

However, Earth 2 Green Lantern showing up with Jay Garrick would be a pretty interesting thing to explore, but I really don't know how they'd tie it in with Arrow, since even with the most bizarre plots, the show still tries to stay a bit reallistic, while Flash goes all out in it's comic book-ness.

The whole Green Lantern could be worked around tho', while they can't use certain characters, I don't think they would be blocked from using or mentioning the corps, and considering there are a LOT of Green Lanterns, I doubt they can't just pick one that isn't going to be used in the movie and use him here.

However, Earth 2 Green Lantern showing up with Jay Garrick would be a pretty interesting thing to explore, but I really don't know how they'd tie it in with Arrow, since even with the most bizarre plots, the show still tries to stay a bit reallistic, while Flash goes all out in it's comic book-ness.

This is why Earth 2 GL makes more sense is because they have gone on record saying that season 4 of the Arrow is going to be about 'magic and mysticism'

http://screenrant.com/arrow-season-4-story-magic-plot/

Stephen Amell Says ‘Arrow’ Season 4 is About ‘Magic & Mysticism’

The show that helped launch DC Comics’ current crop of TV projects may have been pushed out of the spotlight by its speedy, scarlet counterpart, but the minds behind Arrow aren’t backing down. After leaving star Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) without a mask or mission at season’s end, fans have been wondering what – or who – could bring him back into the fold of full-time vigilantism.

San Diego Comic-Con 2015 brought with it several announcements concerning season 4 of Arrow, from a new costume for Oliver, to even more DC Comics characters joining in on the fun. But as much of a fresh start as the season may be, Amell tells us that it won’t be a shift back to the familiar. No, Arrow is injecting the supernatural in a big way, with the show’s star claiming the next season is all about “magic and mysticism.”

Those elements aren’t entirely unfamiliar, since “Merlyn the Magician” (John Barrowman) has been a main player since the pilot episode, and season 3 saw the essentially immortal Ra’s al Ghul bathing in the legendary Fountain of Youth. Yet no matter how natural or supernatural the threat, Oliver has yet to be truly defeated. The Arrow, on the other hand… is a different story.

Comic fans can see the road the show’s writers are headed down, suspecting that Oliver’s new costume reveal will coincide with his adoption of the ‘Green Arrow’ identity (a true figure for good, not one of darkness or violence). But before such a transformation is going to take place, Amell told us that Oliver will be seen going through a transformation of a different sort:

As interested as some fans may be to spend plenty of time watching Oliver and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) in domestic bliss, the pair’s sojourn to Coast City will likely end as abruptly as it began. Each season of Arrow has posed a new threat, none of which have left time for a healthy romance. In season 1, it was completing his father’s mission of vengeance. For season 2, he paid for sins of his past in the form of a super-strong army led by Slade Wilson. And in season 3, it was the League of Assassins, and the death of his public identities.

So, does Amell think it’s time for the show to take a breath, and go back to basics? Far from it – things are about to get supernatural:

Without knowing exactly what kinds of magic or mysticism are set to be explored, it’s hard to know what flashback storyline is in store. Either way, action fans will be relieved to hear that Oliver and Felicity’s happy ending will be turned upside down almost immediately. Presumably, the threat which “activates” Oliver will come in the form of Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough), among the usual weekly distractions and twists along the way.

Knowing that Arrow will be taking a step farther into the mystical implies that a resurrected Sara Lance – set to return as the White Canary in Legends of Tomorrow – will be explored in the show prior to her spinoff, not to mention offering some context for rumors of a John Constantine guest spot. With the Fountain of Youth and super-soldier serum down, what could be next for Starling City’s guardian angel?

We’ll keep you updated as more details on season 4’s mysticism is released, but for now, what DC Comics storylines would you hope to see adapted this year? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Arrow returns for season four Wednesday, October 7th, at 8PM on The CW; The Flash returns for season two Tuesday, October 6th, at 8PM on The CW; Legends of Tomorrow is expected to air on The CW in early 2016.

We're getting Hawkman! also a further description on Jay Garrick, confirming his mentor role

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123210

'Hawkman' Coming To ARROW And THE FLASH; New Details on 'Jay Garrick' Revealed

123210.jpg

It was recently revealed that Hawkman will join Hawkgirl in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, but it turns out that we'll be meeting Carter Hall in Arrow and The Flash first! Hit the jump for details on that and news on the role Jay Garrick will play after the jump...

Follow Josh:
View CBM Profile Follow on Twitter Follow on Google
By Josh Wilding - 7/24/2015
oiAky3W.jpg
Before Hawkman arrives in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, he'll be showing up in Arrow and The Flash. Entertainment Weekly has the scoop, but there aren't currently any details about what kind of role he'll play in either series. However, as they're both going to set up the events of the spinoff, this was to be expected. This version of Hawkman is described as charismatic and wise beyond his years, as well a natural-born leader with an abundance of charm and confidence...oh, and he’s 5,000 years old. The site also mentions that like his comic book counterpart, Carter retains his memories of his past lives each time he is reborn, but Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl does not. 

It'll be fun to see how that plays out, but moving to The Flash, star Danielle Panabaker has shed some light on the role Jay Garrick is going to play when he arrives in Central City. "[He's] going to have an impact on everybody on Team Flash. He’s going to be a very cool mentor to Barry and he’s going to help Barry expand his powers and the things that he’s capable of doing." So, it sounds like he'll be taking on the role Wells had for the majority of season one, but whether their chemistry will come close to what Barry had with the Reverse-Flash remains to be seen... 

I continue to be excited for Jay Garrick next season! Also, I saw this version of the suit design, and I think it's likely what we'll see, since early 1900's style military coat makes more sense then a turtleneck

Jay_Garrick_Smallville_002.png

essentially this and the helmet is what I see happening, and it would fit perfectly into the universe that they have while being the classic design(and I find that style of jacket just awesome

Also, anybody else hoping to see this happening this season with both Vibe and Hawkman happening? Also I totally see and hope Vibe gets this outfit

justice-league-of-america-new-52-2-hawkm

• Thumbs Up 1

Hawkman hath been casted!

http://www.gamnesia.com/podcasts/nwc-king-k-rool-hasnt-been-ruled-out-as-a-newcomer-for-super-smash-bros#disqus_thread

Casting News: Hawkman Soars Onto DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Casting News: Hawkman Soars Onto DC's Legends of...

By Tim Beedle Monday, August 3rd, 2015

Falk%20Hentschel_55bfb62ac33cf7.21266549Fans hoping to see the DC Universe’s legendary winged, wayward lovers brought to live-action life will soon get their chance on The CW’s upcoming DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. It was just announced that actor Falk Hentschel (Transcendence, Reckless) will be taking on the role of Carter Hall, otherwise known as Hawkman, on the eagerly awaited new series, which also stars Ciara Renée as Hawkgirl.

On DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Carter Hall is the latest reincarnation of an Egyptian Prince who is fated to reincarnate throughout time along with his soulmate, Kendra Saunders. Like Kendra, Carter can access the powers of the Hawk God, Horus, transforming him into the winged warrior known as “Hawkman.”

Hawkman2_55bfb53be15e87.67350341.jpg

Along with starring opposite Cam Gigandet in the CBS series Reckless and with Johnny Depp in the film Transcendence, Hentschel’s appeared in the Channing Tatum action flick White House Down, with Tom Cruise in Knight and Day and on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., among other TV and movie appearances.

It’s also been revealed that Hentschel will first appear as Hawkman in next season’s crossover episodes of Arrow and The Flash before continuing the role on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, similar to the technique used to introduce Barry Allen into what’s now become the Arrow/Flash universe.

Let us know how you feel about seeing some aerial mace-wielding on the small screen below, and be sure to follow DC Comics on Twitter for more #DCTV news as it breaks.