Awoo.

DC on TV: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Jack / Joker

Well this is awesome, we got our first look at Jay Garrick, and it's an iconic one!

11856450_895808097178161_278114511744969https://www.facebook.com/CWTheFlash/photos/a.641389455953361.1073741828.583390655086575/895808097178161/?type=1

Its the classic outfit all right, down to boots that appear to be red... the cover makes me wish Flash had his rellow boots though, it would break up his outfits color quite well. only odd thing to me is that the lightning bolt on Jay's outfit is an outline, but overall it's pretty darned awesome(also the pic is bigger, try clicking on it I guess

• Thumbs Up 1

They really went out of their way to keep Jay Garrick's suit as close to the original as possible, it's a perfect translation of it's comic counterpart!

And is it me, or lately they've been using a lot of comic book cover arts for promotional material and hints about the next seasons? It's a pretty good idea honestly and I'd love to see more of that on other shows.

There's still a possibility for the yellow boots, tho', after all, as we've seen in the first season, the suit wasn't really made as a superhero suit so the color choice wasn't that much important, but it evolved with time, so we can still see some new changes to design as the second season goes on.

On other news, remember Constantine? How the series died after a season? Well we're still getting that Arrow Crossover that was discussed so much!

http://deadline.com/2015/08/constantine-arrow-crossover-cw-matt-ryan-1201497509/

Edited by Ratcicle King
  • Thumbs Up 1

They really went out of their way to keep Jay Garrick's suit as close to the original as possible, it's a perfect translation of it's comic counterpart!

And is it me, or lately they've been using a lot of comic book cover arts for promotional material and hints about the next seasons? It's a pretty good idea honestly and I'd love to see more of that on other shows.

There's still a possibility for the yellow boots, tho', after all, as we've seen in the first season, the suit wasn't really made as a superhero suit so the color choice wasn't that much important, but it evolved with time, so we can still see some new changes to design as the second season goes on.

On other news, remember Constantine? How the series died after a season? Well we're still getting that Arrow Crossover that was discussed so much!

http://deadline.com/2015/08/constantine-arrow-crossover-cw-matt-ryan-1201497509/

Well, hopefully it starts evolving quicker, though future flash didn't have yellow boots either. Also, the change of gender of the victim is to give us our first look at Patty Spivot.

Also begs the question, will they go with classic but vague origin or N52 origin, which was the only good thing to come out of that. Classic is hard water and chemicals. N52 he gets his power from the god Mercury himself as he lies dieing.

• 2 weeks later...

New interview, nothing major though, but a few interesting tidbits

http://collider.com/the-flash-season-2-gabrielle-stanton-interview/

‘The Flash’ Producer Gabrielle Stanton Talks Speed Force and Jay Garrick in Season 2

by Christina Radish     1 day ago

the-flash-season-2-interview-gabrielle-stanton

As part of The CW portion of the TCA Press Tour, there was a compelling panel entitled “Running the Show: The Women Executive Producers of The CW,” with Arrow, The Flash, The Vampire Diaries, iZombie, Jane the Virgin, Reign and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend all represented. After the panel, Collider got the opportunity to sit down with The Flash EP Gabrielle Stanton to chat about what’s to come in Season 2 of the hugely popular series.

During this exclusive interview, Stanton talked about female representation on The Flash, collaborating with the teams at Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on character cross-overs, where Barry Allen’s (Grant Gustin) head is at in Season 2, the Speed Force, the introduction of Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears), Joe West (Jesse L. Martin) and the new meta-human task force, Iris’ (Candice Patton) journey, adding Wally West (Keiynan Lonsdale), when we might see Killer Frost again, and how Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is coping.

the-flash-fast-enough-team-image

Image via The CW

Collider: Since we’re celebrating the voice of female executive producers on The CW at the TCA, how do you feel about the female representation and viewpoint on The Flash?

GABRIELLE STANTON: This show actually has great female characters. You have Iris, who is now a reporter. You have Caitlin, who’s a scientist. It’s really cool that when Andrew [Kreisberg] and Greg [Berlanti] started The Flash, they just immediately put in these kick-ass equal characters. There wasn’t any question of, “Oh, what are we going to do with them?” They were there, and they were part of the show and part of the team. And they’re very different. We want make Iris and Caitlin friends this season because I feel like they would be friends, in real life.

This world keeps getting bigger, with Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. How do you decide where a character starts and who gets to pick the version of the character that we see?

STANTON: Oh, there are fights! It’s just what works for us, story wise, and what works for what we’re doing with Barry and the team, at the time. Sometimes Arrow will start things, or we’ll start things, and we’ll cross them over. We had Captain Cold and Heat Wave last season, and they were so popular that we have Legends. We juggle, but it’s fun. We have so many different worlds to play in that we can say, “Hey, can we borrow Felicity this week?” It’s neat to be able to do. It’s hard because of the scheduling and production. All the line producers go crazy when we talk about doing it. Fortunately Arrow and The Flash shoot right next door to each other, up in Vancouver. We can be like, “Just go across the hall.”

Where is Barry Allen’s head at, after everything he went through last season?

the-flash-fast-enough-barry-image

Image via The CW

STANTON: He went through a lot, at the end of last season. He’s definitely going to start this season with a step back and be like, “What am I doing? Why am I doing this?” If last season was the journey of Barry discovering he’s a hero, this season is definitely him trying to figure out what that means. What is it to be a hero? What does he need to be a hero? What is it going to do to his personal relationships? It’s an evolution that’s going to start in the beginning of the season, and go all season long. You’re going to see, early on, Barry coming into his own as The Flash, a little bit more. He has to make some terrible decisions, and he’s going to struggle with those. He’s going to think about, can I live with myself, having to make those decisions, and still do what I do? That’s something he’s going to be struggling with, for the first half of the season. Some of it is learning how to be okay with his past decisions, some of it is learning how to make better decisions, in the future, and some of it is about how he can let people help him make decisions.

Is there anyone he can confide in about what he saw in the Speed Force, or will he keep that to himself?

STANTON: He still has Joe, he still has his dad, and we’re introducing Jay Garrick, who will be a mentory character to Barry. Jay has seen some things that Barry hasn’t seen, and he’s going to be helping him through the process.

How will the mentor relationship between Jay Garrick and Barry Allen compare to what he had with Harrison Wells?

STANTON: Reverse Flash was always trying to get Barry to run faster. He seemed like he was really helping him, but really, he was doing it for his own evil purposes. Hopefully, it’s going to be a little bit different now that Barry is exploring the use of his powers without the man who killed his mother sitting on his shoulder.

the-flash-fast-enough-joe-barry

Image via The CW

Is it harder for Barry to trust people now?

STANTON: I think he’s a little more careful to trust everyone because of what happened, as anyone would be. But, he’s still Barry. He still has that fantastic, optimistic energy. He’s still willing to say, “Okay, let me see what you’re going to do, and then I’ll decide.”

How is Joe West doing now, after facing meta-humans and an enormous gorilla?

STANTON: I know! Poor Joe. He’s our everyman. Imagine if you or I had to walk into the lab and they’re like, “Oh, Joe, by the way, there are all these meta-humans and a giant gorilla.” At the end of last season, with that singularity in the sky, Central City obviously knows there’s stuff going on. So, when we open up the season, The Flash and meta-humans, and the idea that there’s other stuff out there, is going to be a lot more in the zeitgeist. Joe is going to be working on the meta-human task force at the police station, so when a call comes in, if it’s a bank robber with wings and horns and he’s shooting fire, than they’ll probably send Joe.

How is Iris dealing with everything she went through, with the absence of Eddie and her feelings for Barry? Is she going to have to deal with all of that?

STANTON: She’s going to come into her own a little bit, this year. All this stuff has happened and she’s gotta figure out what she’s gonna do about it. Hers is going to be a journey of, “I’m going to become the woman I want to be. I’m not going to be as reactive as maybe I was, in the past.” She’s definitely going to be more of a part of Team Flash because she knows all the secrets now and we don’t have to be hiding things from her. We’re going to see more of her, as a journalist who’s generating stories. Maybe Team Flash needs her help one week, and then she goes to them and says, “I need you.” We’re going to see a lot more of the world outside of STAR Labs, and Barry and Iris interacting in it.

the-flash-fast-enough-iris-barry

Image via The CW

Were you personally rooting for Iris to be in on Barry’s secret?

STANTON: It was so hard! Everyone was so mad that Iris didn’t know, but I watched Lois & Clark, and she didn’t know for like ten years. It took forever. It was important for Barry to keep the secret from her, as long as he did. To defend Joe and Barry, they had really good reasons. Was I really happy when he finally told her? Yes, but more as a writer and storyteller because I now get to bring Iris into those stories more.

You’re adding Wally West this season, who is a very beloved character. Did you know that there would be such interest in him?

STANTON: I knew people were going to be excited about Wally West, but I didn’t know they were going to be this excited about Wally West, which is a bummer because I can tell you nothing about Wally West. I can say that he’s going to be on [the show] and it’s going to be really exciting. The fans will definitely like what we’re doing with him.

How did you decide which version of Wally West that we get to see?

STANTON: We want to stay respectful and totally satisfy what the fans want out of this. But on the other hand, we also need to change the character, twist things and put our own spin on it, so that it’s not exactly what everyone expects. Otherwise, you’re like, “We’re introducing Wally West,” and someone looks it up on Wikipedia and knows the story, so they don’t watch. So, it will definitely be our twist on the Wally West character.

We got to see a glimpse of Killer Frost in the Speed Force. Will we have to wait awhile to see that again?

STANTON: It’s going to be a slower burn on that. That was just to keep people guessing. Who knows when Killer Frost is going to turn up? We did the helmet. We try to drop little Easter eggs. What I really like about The Flash is that I am a comic book fan, so I know a lot of this stuff, but my husband is not a comic book fan at all, and he still gets everything.

the-flash-fast-enough-robbie-amell

Image via The CW

What is Cisco’s journey, this season?

STANTON: Wells was like a father to him and it was pretty devastating, losing him, and it was pretty devastating when he tried to kill him. So, he’s definitely going on a journey, this season. The second season of a show is always great because you’ve built up your main character, explored a little bit of him and sent him on his journey, and then you can fill in some of the other characters and get a deeper look into their psyches. We’re definitely going to be doing that, this year.

Will he get a love interest?

STANTON: He just may get one. That’s all I’m going to say. It’s possible. Even Golden Glider likes him.

The Flash returns for Season 2 to The CW on October 6th.

I wish we would have heard about whether or not Cisco is getting his superhero outfit

Well, we got 2 new characters, including yet another speedster and our first female one(hopefully it means her father still exists too, she seems like another multiverse flash)

http://screenrant.com/flash-season-2-jesse-quick-tokmak-casting/

The Flash Season 2 Casts Jesse Quick & Firestorm Villain Tokamak

30shares

The Flash CW Barry Allen Grant Gustin The Flash Season 2 Casts Jesse Quick & Firestorm Villain Tokamak

The first season of The Flash ended on a jaw-dropping cliffhanger, with Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) racing into a black hole that threatened to swallow all of Central City. While the events will have a lasting impact on the series, the second season will open up six months after the events of the finale. The premiere episode will see Barry facing off against a new metahuman, but the impact of the black hole will be explored throughout the season.

As the second season approaches, The CW is revealing new plot details and casting updates to build anticipation for the premiere. The season will open up the DC multiverse, introducing alternate realities as well as new allies and villains for the team at S.T.A.R. Labs. While the roster is beginning to feel a little crowded, there’s always room for more character’s from the Flash’s rich history.

TV Line reports that The CW has cast newcomer Violett Beane as Jesse Quick, another speedster in DC Comics’ continuity. This will mark Beane’s first television role, though she has worked on the two upcoming films Flay and Slash. She will be featured in multiple episodes in the second season, caught between the Flash and Zoom, the overarching villain of the season. Jesse Quick is described as “brilliant, but quirky” and is attending college in Central City.

In the comics, Jesse Quick is an alias for Jesse Chambers, the daughter of two Golden Age heroes named Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle. She inherited abilities from both parents, including speed from her father and super strength from her mother. While Jesse is connected to the Speed Force like Barry, she accesses it through the visualization of a mathematical formula.

Violette Beane Jesse Quick Flash The Flash Season 2 Casts Jesse Quick & Firestorm Villain Tokamak

Additionally, the series has cast a new villain for the upcoming season. ComicBook.com confirms that Demore Barnes (Hemlock Grove) has been cast as Henry Hewitt, who is better known as the Firestorm villain Tokamak. The character is described as follows:

Tokamak is a relatively minor character in DC Comics continuity, but has appeared sporadically in Firestorm comics since his introduction in 1983. Henry Hewitt is the CEO of Hewitt Corporation as well as a high ranking member of the 2000, a criminal organization dedicated to taking over the world by the year 2000. He gains his powers by trying to recreate the accident that made Firestorm, giving himself the power to manipulate energy.

Demore Barnes Tokaman The Flash The Flash Season 2 Casts Jesse Quick & Firestorm Villain Tokamak

While Tokamak isn’t a name casual fans will recognize, hopefully his appearance in the series indicates that Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein (Robbie Amell and Victor Garber respectively) will have a more active role in the season. Firestorm will play a role in the upcoming spinoff series DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, so it’s most likely that the character will get some attention in the weeks leading up to the new series (just like Hawkman and White Canary).

Jesse Quick’s introduction into the Flash universe makes sense too, considering the character’s background and relationship with Zoom. The character is the daughter of two heroes most closely associated with the alternate dimension of Earth-Two. Seeing as Barry will be exploring the multiverse in the second season, this will open up interesting possibilities for the character’s origins and her existence in Central City. Additionally, Jesse Quick once sacrificed her speed powers to help the Flash finally defeat Zoom, so it’s possible her role in the series will be larger than anticipated.

NEXT: First Look At Jay Garrick In The Flash Season 2

The Flash season two begins Tuesday, October 6, at 8PM on The CW; Arrow season four begins Wednesday, October 7, at 8PM on The CW; and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is expected to debut in early 2016 on The CW.

Source: TVLineComicBook

EDIT: New season two pic from Flash, if I had to guess, this is their first encounter with Jay Garrick

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/35667/the-flash-fast-forwards-in-time-first-look-at-the-new-season/

The-Flash-812x522.jpg

I mean, that would explain the poses and expressions, I mean someone with Flash powers shows up out of nowhere asking for help

Edited by Mando

• 2 weeks later...

We got ourselves a new trailer showing Jay Garrick and explaining a bit more of what's happening this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there any news for when Season 2's due to air in the UK? Rather excited to see the conclusion to the cliffhanger of Season 1.

Finally! I mean, full trailer will be better, but this is better than nothing

Edit: Also it confirms that Atom Smasher is from Earth 2... now if only he will become a hero :(

Edited by Mando

Ok, we got the TV Line episode synopsis's

When Season 4 opens, "The city has declined drastically despite the best efforts of Dig, Speedy and Black Canary," executive producer Wendy Mericle previews. "And with the arrival of Damien Darhk (Justified's Neal McDonough) on the scene, it's obviously big stakes." Hence, Oliver and Felicity's return – though not everyone is welcoming back the archer with open arms. Dig is still "frosty" toward his "brother," Mericle says, while Quentin still is not thrilled with the masked vigilantes yet has come to see them "as a necessary evil." Speaking of the Lance clan, Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan) will be "key" in resurrecting Sara, whose presence will be met by "very different reactions" from her family. As for Thea, her secret identity and new love interest (Suburgatory's Parker Young) will force her to tackle a challenge Oliver is all too familiar with: "She's now a superhero, and she wants to have a normal life," Mericle notes. "How does she balance both of those things?"

BONUS SPOILER!: Mericle shared this cryptic tease after we mentioned a popular fan theory about Oliver running for Mayor: "He will definitely be coming more to the fore as Oliver Queen and balancing that with his new role as the Green Arrow. He'll be bringing some light to the city. I can't say exactly how, but that's his goal."

Following last May's wormhole cliffhanger, the first DC character to take on the Flash title — Jay Garrick (Masters of Sex's Teddy Sears) — arrives from the past and becomes a mentor to Barry. But what about the man who guided him until now? "Harrison Wells will be back, but he's going to be a very different Harrison Wells than we've seen before," exec producer Gabrielle Stanton previews. But how (or should we say, from where/when?) will he return? "We've got other worlds. We've got other timelines. All I'm going to say is he's from one of those places," the EP replies with a laugh. Elsewhere, Iris is dealing with Eddie's death by throwing herself into her work, so Barry's eye may turn to police officer Patty Spivot (One Tree Hill's Shantel VanSanten), who "becomes a 'What if?'" possibility for the young hero.

BONUS SPOILER!: Caitlin's new hubby Ronnie "is going to play a big role in [her] development" – did anyone else feel a chill? – while Cisco's Vibe journey will take on "a slower burn," Stanton teases.

edit: Since quote didn't work for some reason

So, this confirms that they are going classic Earth two, so most likely 40's/50's era.

Edited by Mando

Well I'm good to see Sarah's revival will be dealt with on Arrow instead of she just being thrown in for Legends of Tomorrow, Im really happy we'll see more of the REAL Harrison Wells, as I found his character pretty interesting and a bit underused thanks to the plot twist of Season 1.

Tho' one thing I kinda dislike is that both Oliver and Barry will have new love interests even though the last season of both shows did their darnest to tell us Iris and Felicity are the ones they love, and with Oliver there's still Laurel and Sarah which ALSO were said before to be Oliver's one true love. It's kind of getting annoying and becoming a plot tumor honestly.

Well I'm good to see Sarah's revival will be dealt with on Arrow instead of she just being thrown in for Legends of Tomorrow, Im really happy we'll see more of the REAL Harrison Wells, as I found his character pretty interesting and a bit underused thanks to the plot twist of Season 1.

Tho' one thing I kinda dislike is that both Oliver and Barry will have new love interests even though the last season of both shows did their darnest to tell us Iris and Felicity are the ones they love, and with Oliver there's still Laurel and Sarah which ALSO were said before to be Oliver's one true love. It's kind of getting annoying and becoming a plot tumor honestly.

Did I miss something? Who's Oliver's new love interest?

Some interviews are implying Liza Warner, Lady Cop, is going to be Oliver's new love interest. 

Even tho' last season was hellbent on making us belive Oliver and Felicity were in love.

Aaaand before that it was Sarah.

Aaaaaaand before that it was Laurel.

At this point it's kinda getting a little bit ridiculous.

Well, you can fall in love more than once. I don't know who Liz Warner is, but if we can move away from Oliver x Felicity, I'm happy.

Though, I'd prefer we just go back with Sara. I thought that worked best.

Liz warner is a past love interest for the flashbacks

Also some new Flash season 2 info, sounds like Zoom is really this shows version of the Rival(Jay Garricks reverse flash, as Zoom is from Earth 2), and Jay is a bit jaded, but over all, sounds awesome

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=124942

SPOILERS: New Details On THE FLASH Season 2 Focus On 'Jay Garrick', 'Zoom', And More

124942.jpg

Confirming that season two of The Flash will be moving away from time travel and focusing on alternate realities, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg reveals some surprising new details about new additions to the series like Jay Garrick, and the the origins of Zoom...

Follow Josh:
View CBM Profile Follow on Twitter Follow on Google
By Josh Wilding - 9/10/2015
3R2gDym.jpg
We're all still waiting to find out how Barry Allen deals with the wormhole he opened up in the season finale of The Flash, but one thing that's recently become clear is that it's going to serve as a portal to Earth-2. With Eobard Thawne erased from time, Andrew Kreisberg explains that the show's focus is now going to shift to alternate realities. "Year one was all about time travel," he explains to Entertainment Weekly. "Time travel can be a very tricky concept if done poorly, and we took great strides and worked really hard to make our version of time travel easy to digest for the masses, but still complex and exciting enough for the diehard fans." Now, the focus will shift to, "the concept of the multiverse, and the concept of doppelgängers. We’ve been having a lot of fun with that and getting glimpses of Earth-Two probably sooner than people would’ve thought..." Here are some interesting reveals for some of the new additions to season two: 

Jay Garrick/The Flash

Zoom

Patty Spivot

SPOILERS: New Details On THE FLASH Season 2 Focus On 'Jay Garrick', 'Zoom', And More

124942.jpg

Confirming that season two of The Flash will be moving away from time travel and focusing on alternate realities, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg reveals some surprising new details about new additions to the series like Jay Garrick, and the the origins of Zoom...

Follow Josh:
View CBM Profile Follow on Twitter Follow on Google
By Josh Wilding - 9/10/2015
3R2gDym.jpg
We're all still waiting to find out how Barry Allen deals with the wormhole he opened up in the season finale of The Flash, but one thing that's recently become clear is that it's going to serve as a portal to Earth-2. With Eobard Thawne erased from time, Andrew Kreisberg explains that the show's focus is now going to shift to alternate realities. "Year one was all about time travel," he explains to Entertainment Weekly. "Time travel can be a very tricky concept if done poorly, and we took great strides and worked really hard to make our version of time travel easy to digest for the masses, but still complex and exciting enough for the diehard fans." Now, the focus will shift to, "the concept of the multiverse, and the concept of doppelgängers. We’ve been having a lot of fun with that and getting glimpses of Earth-Two probably sooner than people would’ve thought..." Here are some interesting reveals for some of the new additions to season two: 

Jay Garrick/The Flash

"There’s a little condescension from Jay. Jay is a little bit more world-weary and he’s seen a lot. He’s been The Flash for a while, so he’s a little further along in his career. He’s seen a lot of darkness, and it’s jaded him a little bit. He thinks Barry can be a bit naïve about the way the world works. One of Barry’s greatest gifts — and truly it’s one of Grant’s greatest gifts, too — is he’s got such an infectious energy and such a purity of heart that he makes you want to be a better person. As much as Barry learns from Jay about being The Flash, Jay learns just as much about being a good person from Barry."

Zoom

lpXzZWb.jpg
"We wanted another speedster as a villain, but we wanted to do something slightly different. Reverse Flash felt like a warrior, and what we wanted this time was something more akin to a monster. When you finally see Zoom, he looks like a demon, and it’s really scary. It’s more horrific. You should feel like when one of H.R. Giger’s aliens comes in the room. The mask is really amazing. Like with Wells last year, he has a very specific agenda and a very specific and very clean reason for doing what he’s doing. When we open the season, he’s a villain of Earth-Two, and now he has access to Earth-One. Yet again, our team has created their own nemeses for the season. Watching how Zoom enacts his plan is the plot of the first nine episodes."

Patty Spivot

"She’s got a very specific reason for wanting to fight metahumans, which we’ll learn about during the course of the season. She’s a science nerd, too. She really loves the science aspect of it, and she and Barry really bond on that level, but she also loves the action. She earns her metahuman fighting stripes in the second episode. One of the cool things about Patty is it’s one thing to take on bank robbers, it’s another to take on someone who can turn into poison gas, or another guy who can control the weather. At a key moment early on, Patty is the only cop who stands her ground, and that proves to Joe that she’s got what it takes."
Edited by Mando

Also, extended teaser, implies that Atom Smasher is not necessarily a villain, but rather a pawn of Zoom who simply wants to go home, oh and first look at Patty Spigot

Also when will we get a full trailer :(

You know, we've all mentioned that in the current Flash, it wouldn't make sense for Killer Frost to be introduced since Caitlin is an established good guy and even further is friends with Barry and Cisco so it wouldn't make sense that she'd turn against them.

Until we remember that this season is going to be about the multiverse and travelling Earth 2. So, my theory is Killer Frost will be an alternate version of Caitlin from either Earth 2 or another universe who was exposed to one of the accidents and given ice powers, to which she then became evil and began using them for her own personal needs and wants.

You know, we've all mentioned that in the current Flash, it wouldn't make sense for Killer Frost to be introduced since Caitlin is an established good guy and even further is friends with Barry and Cisco so it wouldn't make sense that she'd turn against them.

Until we remember that this season is going to be about the multiverse and travelling Earth 2. So, my theory is Killer Frost will be an alternate version of Caitlin from either Earth 2 or another universe who was exposed to one of the accidents and given ice powers, to which she then became evil and began using them for her own personal needs and wants.

It's been established that Earth 1 Caitlin will be Killer frost, however Snow's version of frost a more tragic/accidental one. She's not purposefully malevont, but rather a heat vampire that has to drain other people's body heat in order to survive, thus Firestorm being the only being who can keep her on the straight and narrow. Difference between her and the other Killer Frosts is that for her killing is a nesecesity for survival, not something she gathers pleasure from(the first 2 were indeed Psychopaths)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome new short, we finally get a good look at Jay in action, and with him with the helmet on him in civies, and I still can't believe how perfectly they pulled it off

2 weeks left, can't wait!

Ooooh sheeet.

Scarlet Speedster and the Crimson Comet joining forces xD

I already like Jay Garrick here, he's a mentor but not unlike Wells, who was hidding a lot of stuff so we couldn't really see him teaching Barry all he knows, or Joe, who's the authority figure for Barry, Garrick seems a lot more loose and fun, like he has nothing to hide and he can understand Barry and his powers more than anyone else, so he'll be a good teacher AND friend through the season.

• Thumbs Up 1

First episode was good except for the ending part with Henry Allen, seems like the screwed up the reasoning, and seems like a cheap way for them to avoid having to write him in this season. Can't wait for the next episode though.

Also, look who's baaaacccckkkk

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/10/mark-hamill-confirmed-to-return-as-trickster-for-the-flash-seaso/

Mark Hamill Confirmed To Return As Trickster For The Flash Season 2

One of the many highlights of the first season of The Flash was Mark Hamill reprising his role as the Trickster. Hamill originally played the Trickster on the 1990's TV series starring John Wesley Shipp. To see Hamill reprising a character that he played decades before was certainly an unusual but exciting surprise for fans.

Now, here's some even bigger news. Rumors had been circulating that Hamill might be returning to the series, after new photos of him on what appeared to be The Flash set surfaced on social media.

Comicbook.com reached out to The CW/WB, and we can confirm that Mark Hamill will be returning as the Trickster on The Flash Season 2. While we don't have any info on what episode or episodes he will appear on yet, we have confirmed that he will definitely be returning.

The Flash Season 2 is currently airing on Tuesday nights at 8 PM ET on The CW.

ivXMGzU.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I just finished watching the premier of Supergirl.

It was pretty cute.  It suffers from all the same awkward cinematography, ham-fisted acting, and uncanny special effects that you would expect from a CBS syndicated series, but it was otherwise a fun watch.  There are only two real problems I had with the premier .

1) The way they build Superman up as a messiah figure for Kara to look up to.  I mean, yeah, I get it.  He's the god damn Superman, but I hope that as the series progresses, we'll see Kara evolve into her own hero as opposed to just following in Superman's footsteps.

2) The pseudo-feminist overtones.  Like, there are various points where it seems like they're trying to subvert gender norms and the usual gendered tropes, but they do by constantly TELLING you about how they're subverting tropes instead of actually doing it.  Show, don't tell.

Otherwise, it's an okay show.  A bit predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless.  I'll probably watch more.

• Thumbs Up 2