Awoo.

DC on TV: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Jack / Joker

Also the Legion of Doom is confirmed as the rival to the Justice Society... Which exists in the 1940's!? which kinda makes hourmans costume not work as well since in the 40's a superhero would wear a more classic style costume. Also the LOD is made up of Damian Darhk, the Dark Archer(Merlyn), Reverse Flash, and Captain Cold as confirmed members?! I wonder if this stealth confirms Jay garrick showing up

edit: Thought: If the Legion of doom on LOT is in fact in the 40's what if their Captain Cold, is in fact the real main version thrown back in time by the viewer explosion, and not a time displaced earlier version of himself.

From what I've heard the legion of doom are throughout time, not just set in one period. Damien Dahrk is the main one encountered from the 1940's. Malcom is likely from the present. Cold is probably from before he joined the group. Reverse Flash is obviously from the future but will be encountered throughout time.

We'll probably meet other legion members as well, these are just the main ones. I think it's pretty much guaranteed we'll see Jay Garrick, but he won't be a regular and hasn't been confirmed to appear yet.

• 1 month later...

Rewatching Season 2 of The Flash, two things in particular have popped up for me.

Spoiler

It really shows how much Zoom's identity really doesn't make sense. When I was watching new episodes on a week-to-week basis as they came out, and therefore would have time to forget some details and such, I thought the twist that Zoom was really a fake Jay Garrick made some sense. But when you're marathoning the episodes, and therefore see remember a lot of the details of previous episodes, as well as watching the older episodes now knowing the twist...it really doesn't make any logical sense. 

Garrick, even for a fake persona was far too nice, and helpful during episodes before King Shark. It wasn't well foreshadowed like it was with Reverse Flash. In that situation, we saw instances where Harrison Wells has been doing shady activities, and just acting all around crazy. So when rewatching older episodes, you can pick up on small details here and there that make you think "Oh wow, this twist makes sense!". Season 2 doesn't have that. There's only two hints I've noticed and that's Zoom knowing who to specifically show Barry's broken body off to in Episode 6, and Zoom avoiding their first trap with Doctor Light. Other than that, Jay Garrick has been a nice, normal, well adjusted member of Team Flash until the twist, and he goes into the area of completely insane villain. This twist was really half-assed and feels like "guys, the twist worked so well, the first time. lets do it again!"

The second thing is that romance between Iris and her newspaper editor. What even the fuck was the point of that?

Oh, you guys might be interested to know, there's going to be a 3 parter between Flash, Arrow and LOT, and a musical 2 parter between Flash and Supergirl.

Oh and we're getting Miss Martian @Ryannumber1gamer, and @JaidynReiman

Also I still think Legion of Doom Captain Cold is time displaced CC from season 1

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
Spoiler

Finale trailer for Flash Season 3. Warning, spoilers for Savitar's identity. 

• 6 months later...

So, what's the thoughts on Season 4 of Flash thus far? 

Personally, I've found a lot of it to be a pretty fun return to Season 1's tone. There's only one episode I'd say was really weak for me and that was Girl's Night Out, which I found pretty underwhelming apart from more Killer Frost action and of course, Drunk Barry. 

Loved Episode 7 too, Thinker appears to be a great choice for a main villain and I'm loving how much they're changing things up compared to the formula of past Flash episodes. The sheer fact Barry learned the villain's identity way before the Christmas episode is a testament to them trying to change up the formula a great deal.

Season 4 has been alright. Sometimes I think the tone goes too far into silly and it feels off. I'm not a fan of the Thinker so far. Hs floating chair looks dumb. Last episode with him had him giving almost the same line as Prometheus with being ten steps ahead, but the delivery was so much worse. Especially considering he hasn't done much and Barry's the dumbest mother fucker alive.

Anyway, first look at Dick Grayson/Robin from the upcoming Titans show:

Spoiler

OwgyWy4.jpg

Brenton Thwaites will embody the young hero as the team leader in DC's new live action series—Titans.

While Robin has been a longtime staple of DC comic books, animation and video games, it’s been a while since we’ve seen a live action take on him. In fact, you’d have to go back to 1997’s Batman and Robin for the last time we’ve seen the Boy Wonder onscreen (that is, unless you count Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s character in The Dark Knight Rises).

That’s about to change in a big way with the debut of Titans, DC’s new live action series based on the popular ongoing comic. Dick Grayson will be played by actor Brenton Thwaites (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales), and today, we got our first look at him in his Robin costume.

Fans of more recent takes on the Boy Wonder will see much that’s familiar here, from the darker suit and gloves, to the domino mask, to Robin’s now signature staff. The suit was designed by renowned costume designer Laura Jean Shannon, whose credits include Black Lightning, Iron Man and The Jungle Book, among others.

Titans comes from executive producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. In it, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. Fans can expect Titans to be a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

Look for Titans to debut in 2018 on DC’s new direct-to-consumer digital service, operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks. For more information on the service, breaking news on Titans and its other original shows like Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn, and to sign up for updates, be sure to visit http://www.dcfanupdates.com.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/12/01/first-look-tvs-newest-robin?sf175027241=1

The costume looks good, but it is kind of weird that Dick is using a Bo Staff. That's usually Tim's thing while he uses Escrima Sticks. Though, admittedly I've only been really reading comics since Rebirth, so what do I know. Hopefully this staff can break into two. The handle on the end at least makes it seem like it could.

I'm absolutely loving Nightwing's design here. Looks incredibly accurate to the comics and even his hair is very accurate to comic!Nightwing/Arkham Nightwing, which I see as the best versions of his design.

That said, yeah, the use of a bo-staff is iffy and on top of that, the armour is heavily inspired by Robin's Arkham design as seen here, which is also used by Tim Drake: 

latest?cb=20150628221809

The Bo-Staff is also definitely a trait of Tim as opposed to Dick. The Robin weapons have always been:

Dick: Escrima Sticks 

Jason: Guns (Occasionally swords/knifes)

Tim: Bo-Staff

Damian: Sword 

To be fair, it could take inspiration from the Injustice series, in which Nightwing is able to detact the bo-staff, using it as his Escrima Sticks. Similarly, he can slam together the sticks to become the staff again. 

With that said, unless this decides to take an approach similar to Young Justice, this most certainly isn't supposed to be Nightwing, not yet anyway. It's seemingly meant to be closer to the 2003 Teen Titans or Teen Titans The Judas Contract from this year which shows Dick Grayson in his Robin days as team leader of the Teen Titans and if it does well enough, possibly might have him evolve into Nightwing while Jason, Tim or Damian steps in as Robin. 

Or the absolute worse case scenario and one that worries me heavily, they'll turn him into a composite character of Dick and Tim, which would effectively erase Tim Drake from the Arrowverse while getting rid of what made Dick unique from the other Robins.

I like this season of Flash. Already had a better start than season 3. However I really hate Iris in this season

Iris: No Barry We Are The Flash

FUCK OFF

Ok wow, I don't watch Arrow but I am officially on the despise Felicity train. Spoilers for the Earth X crossover:

Spoiler

Despite the main selling point of the event being Barry and Iris' wedding, something being built up for the last four seasons ever since the newspaper article in the time vault in fact, during the marriage ceremony. Felicity interrupts Iris and tells the priest to marry her and Oliver before Barry and Iris' wedding has even finished! 

Absolutely no one is happy with this either. It's caused such an uproar that the Arrow subreddit has rebranded itself to a Punisher subreddit as a protest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I really don't care. Neither Barry nor Iris cared either.

And they had their wedding. They had it all right up until the "I do" when it was hijacked. They just wanted to get ordained quickly.

Also, that priest is Diggle, Oliver's best friend.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Ok wow, I don't watch Arrow but I am officially on the despise Felicity train. Spoilers for the Earth X crossover:

Reveal hidden contents

Despite the main selling point of the event being Barry and Iris' wedding, something being built up for the last four seasons ever since the newspaper article in the time vault in fact, during the marriage ceremony. Felicity interrupts Iris and tells the priest to marry her and Oliver before Barry and Iris' wedding has even finished! 

Absolutely no one is happy with this either. It's caused such an uproar that the Arrow subreddit has rebranded itself to a Punisher subreddit as a protest.

I loved Arrow last Season, and I loved Seasons 1-3 (despite others disliking Season 3 after the break). I only hate Season 4. I haven't watched Season 6 yet, but I have been reading up on it and I'm really mixed this season.

And yeah, that was the worst part about it. But tbh, I've been on the "despise Felicity" train since Episode 6 of Season 4. She hasn't gotten better (she was tolerable in Season 5 only because she had a reduced role most of the season; when she became prominent again she was just as bad as she was in Season 4, especially in Episodes 19 and 20 of Season 5), and looking back further into Season 3, she's been awful that far back as well. I just didn't care as much at the time, but she's the worst thing about Arrow bar none.

3 hours ago, Marcello said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And they had their wedding. They had it all right up until the "I do" when it was hijacked. They just wanted to get ordained quickly.

Also, that priest is Diggle, Oliver's best friend.

Spoiler

They didn't care because the writers wrote them not to care. Its still shows how shit of a character she is. Its far worse than anything she's ever done before, but she's been a shit character for the better part of three seasons.

I swear sometimes they purposely make Felicity unlikable.

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Note please that Titans is NOT. Part of the arrowverse

It may not fit into the main universe (at this time), but the thread does say "DC on TV" in the title. I don't think it hurts to include Titans. The other shows will likely end up on the DC streaming service later anyway.

• Fist Bump 1

While Felicity is one of the worst offenders, any character in the Arrowverse can act completely off for the sake of drama. Diggle can be pretty awful at times, as could Laurel before she was mercifully written out. Cisco's anger at Barry choosing not to save his brother last season seemed out of nowhere just to insert some forced tension.

The series (Flash and Arrow at least - I don't watch the others) have their good points, but they are also hard to watch at times. You never know when someone's going to break character just so they can miraculously learn a 'lesson' five minutes later.

On 04/12/2017 at 9:35 PM, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, might've been valid a week ago, but it sure as hell ain't anymore.

Spoiler

Don't Run (Ep 9 of Flash S4) begins with a scene dedicated to Iris holding a grudge against Felicity for the hijacking of her wedding and essentially doing her best to pot shot her. Barry doesn't even disagree or try to defend her. Ollie is one of his best friends keep in mind, and he didn't even try to defend his actions. Barry just agreed and said he's placing their wedding gift into the return pile.  

You can tell not even the Flash writers were happy with this mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not caring much for Arrow and the Flash at the moment, they aren't doing too hot, either of them, with their current plots, most of them sound recycled and not very interesting. What do you think? IGN also agrees because the current episodes are having low scores (I think). It's a pity because Michael Emerson (Cayden James in this show) is such a great actor, it's not fair he's getting so many complaints by the fans and a bad treatment by the writers.

Meanwhile I saw Black Lightning... pretty good, I'm not sure if I'm too interested in the whole context though, we'll see. Legends of Tomorrow is still the best show of the Arrowverse though, I will defend that to death, everyone should watch it, it definitely deserves more attention than the other shows, it takes the underdogs from Flash and Arrow and makes them main characters, it's the perfect spin-off, full of action, entertaining, with a beautiful protagonist played by Caity Lotz, and it's the most hilarious thing on tv, although sometimes it can be too much full of gags, I have to say. Supergirl is also proving to be great this season, with the new big bad and the general identity crisis plots. Also loved the crossover... except for the last 2 minutes.

What do you think?

• 2 months later...

Well, looks like things are beginning to ramp up for the finales of this year's seasons. What's the general thoughts on everything? Personally, I've only been keeping up with Flash and while I'm still an episode behind, I've seen some of the clips of the latest episode.

Wow.

• 1 year later...

It's the moment the entire Arrowverse has built up to, next week - Crisis on Infinite Earths:

We've got Kevin Conroy, 90s Flash, Kingdom Come Superman, Smallville Superman, and many, many, many more.

• Thumbs Up 1